Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
893,521 - 893,540 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972852 Aug 29, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Did you notice Ghostie forgot to change his location this morning? Was posting from Ashborn Va. Then all of a sudden he was back in HI. What a moran!!!
Galt ignores that draft-dodging turd regardless of the name she uses.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972853 Aug 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just before all of this broke wide open, I made a comment about how I have not seen the movie "Wag the Dog" listed on any movie channel for a long time, actually since Obama took office.
Perhaps they knew something like this was going to happen with a Democrat in office. I recall seeing it often listed while Bush was in office.
I do believe taking that movie off the available-to-watch list is them exhibiting evidence of projection.
I'd easily be convinced this whole scenario is some kind of conspiracy to get the US involved in Syria and tip the scales in favor of Al Qaeda. It seems to be the simplest solution.
So-called "Syrians" filmed flip-flopping from nerve gas were likely filmed in Hollywood.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#972854 Aug 29, 2013
Every day more bad news more delays now Obama's Affordable Care Act Looking a Bit Unaffordable, we have Unions and Federal workers wanting nothing to do with Obamacare and even if this disaster was implemented 30 million Americans would still be Uninsured!!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#972855 Aug 29, 2013
Freaky1Freaky wrote:
<quoted text>
As if we all didn't know this already... Unions are a completely unnecessary evil in this country... They were needed in the 1920's or so to regulate since business owners were complete asshats. But, since that time we have laws, MANY LAWS, that regulate what a company can and cannot do. OUTLAW ALL UNIONS!
You're a freaking liar! Those laws you speak of, are few &, far stretched across the nation. Here in Jersey, there are no laws to prevent unjustified behavior. An employee needs no reason to get rid of an employee as long as their reason doesn't break any federal laws. Basically giving the worker no voice at all. Unions prevent such things. A employer can not fire an employee without justified reasoning or, face lawsuits out the ass, along with boycotting &, other means of applying pressure to seek justice. Why else would employers not want unions involved? The employees pay union fees for the union, not the employer. If all was justified, it really shouldn't bother the employer at all.
yup

Dallas, TX

#972856 Aug 29, 2013
uh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972857 Aug 29, 2013
flack wrote:
Gotta love McDonald's!
Detroit-area MCDONALD'S forced to CLOSE because of labor protests and demands for DOUBLE WAGES. Almost overnight, "Micro-Unions" have suddenly been approved by the Obama administration's National Labor Relations Board. Micro-unions mean even a small group of employees can unionize themselves in ANY business. The strategy is designed to UNIONIZE minimum-wage FAST FOOD restaurants. Instead of being bullied, McDonald's is just closing the outlet. ALL JOBS LOST.
From CBS in Detroit:
A local McDonald’s restaurant was forced to close after its employees walked out and hundreds gathered outside to protest for higher wages.
The restaurant on 8 Mile and Lahser roads along the Detroit/Southfield city line was just one location locally where fast food workers are participating in a nationwide “walkout for better wages.”
Over 200 protestors crowded the restaurant, carrying signs that read “We are worth more. Strike for 15,” as in $15 an hour.
Terrance Collins told WWJ’s Vickie Thomas he has worked at McDonald’s for a few years, and has been struggling ever since.
“I started off making $7.40, they gave me a manager position and raised that to $7.75. When they took my manager position, they dropped me back down to $7.40, and I have two kids to put on top of that that I’m trying to support. And the ends still doesn’t meet so no, it’s not a comfortable living,” he said.
Other employees shared Collins’ views.
“It’s a very uncomfortable lifestyle working for $7.40 at McDonald’s when McDonald’s made like $500 billion last year,” one protestor said.
“We’re out here fighting to raise the minimum wage and get rid of $7.40 because $7.40 an hour is not enough to take care of our kids and our families and we want to, you know, get the raise up to $15,” another protestor said."
McDonald's is well aware that their business is extremely cost/price sensitive and that even relatively minor price increases will seriously impact their business.

Protestors ignore that fact that most fast food outlets are franchises and that the local small business owner operates on a relatively small profit margin.
THINK ABOUT IT

Smithfield, NC

#972858 Aug 29, 2013
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20A...

ABORTION AMERICA'S #1 KILLER

by Pastor Greg Wilson

There is currently at work in our nation a most dangerous killer. It consistently takes more lives than any disease, famine, or war we have ever faced.

Every month this killer takes more American lives than were lost in the entire Vietnam War. Every six months more die from its relentless onslaught than in all our previous wars combined or in all the fatal automobile accidents of the past twenty years. Every 2 to 3 years it claims more victims than the Nazi Holocaust.

Obama: Syrian govt behind chemical weapons attack
President Barack Obama says the U.S. has concluded that Syria carried out a chemical attack on civilians last week, but…
obama says syria behind gas attack: president barack obama

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Wednesday declared unequivocally that the United States has "concluded" that the Syrian government carried out a deadly chemical weapons attack on civilians.http://t.msn.com/?fa =http%3a%2f%2fnews.msn.com%2fu s%2fobama-syrian-govt-behind-c hemical-weapons-attack%3focid% 3dansnews11&ref=bing&f id=AmNews-253308308-261211016

WITCH ONE IS MORE A EVIL KILLER/ KILLING BABIES OR ADULTS?

TWO EVILS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT!

God will not hold this nation guiltless for this great bloodbath. Indeed, the Bible tells us that He hates “hands that shed innocent blood”(Proverbs 6:16-17). Certainly, there can be none more innocent than the unborn.

Abortion advocates ignore these innocent victims of abortion. Testimony given at U.S. government sponsored public hearings indicated that in the so-called family planning clinics:“The baby is dehumanized as much as possible by being termed a ‘blob,’‘products of conception’ or ‘uterine contents.’ Not even the term fetus is used by counselors.”

God however has a different view of the unborn. He told the prophet Jeremiah,“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”(Jeremiah 1:5). He said of John the Baptist:“For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.”(Luke 1:15). Clearly, God views the unborn as human and precious.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#972859 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
More than 80% of the population was happy with the existing system, which is being corrupted for the 20% of malcontents.
You & DBwriter lie on instinct. It's pathetic. Here's a clue, more than 80 = less than 20. It doesn't matter because, you're lying any damn ways!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#972860 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
More than 80% of the population was happy with the existing system, which is being corrupted for the 20% of malcontents.
Fun with numbers eh? 80% of the population? LMAO.

The, cough, existing system is a fkn joke and not sustainable__matter of fact it was running out of steam when Hillary attempted to tackle the problem back in the 90's.

You have to be getting paid for living on this thread__no one could be that stupid for kicks__except Bronach__and Eed.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#972861 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
This is just to apologize for resorting to name calling yesterday in responding to a new poster - or an old poster with a new name.
It was uncalled for - but even I have my limits.
However, I regret stooping to that level. It's not my style and it won't happen again.
"Carol"
Do not be a wimp. Stand up for what you believe. If you believe a poster is;
- An azzhole - call him that
- A liar - call him a liar
- A hypocrite - let him know he is a hypocrite
- A racist - let him know
- Stoopid - reenforce it
- A piece of crap - offer him some tp
- A troll - let him know non thinkers offer little
- A cry baby - offer him some tissue
- A lauder of president nobama - ask them to point out the president accomplishments
"Carol" stand your ground. Say what you think, it is your right. You are honest do not let those who demean you on a regular basis cow you. Continue to honestly opine as you see fit.
Peace
Hey mental midget

United States

#972862 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a political event with the same empty rhetoric. Unless I missed any solutions that were addressed.
Please inform me if that's the case. Thanks so much.
BLAH BLAH BLAH. If what's the case? It was a commemoration. But an asswhole like you can't take it. Your GOP heroes just took a giant step backwards. O'reilly lied, and so did you. Your a lying, contemptuous, ass-backward freak who's days are coming to an end.

GOP leader chose oil industry over MLK marchers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...

Not a single Republican elected official stood on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on Wednesday with activists, actors, lawmakers and former presidents invited to mark the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington — a notable absence for a party seeking to attract the support of minority voters.
Event organizers said Wednesday that they invited top Republicans, all of whom declined to attend because of scheduling conflicts or ill health.

Have another cheese dog, fatso.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#972863 Aug 29, 2013
What happen to that promise Obama/Biden made to the American People that their administration would create 5,00,000 new jobs a month, we find out whether than the Labor force expanding its shrinking!! Labor Participation Rate Hits 34-Year Low

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#972864 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the same thing Democrats did after HillaryCare bombed during Clinton's second year.
And I actually criticize Republicans for not picking up the mantle when they had the opportunity during Clinton's last six years.
The only reason I held out hope for Bill Clinton was because he promised to solve this crisis.
I've been waiting for a solution for a very long time.
But when the time finally arrived again, Democrats decided it would be done their and Obama's way and Republicans weren't invited to the table - even though their solutions would have brought down the costs of health care - which is the huge oversized pink elephant still in the room.
Carol, How could the Democrats do it when Republicans controlled what went before the House & Senate?

Republicans blockled Clinton's effort & then when they got control of congress CHOSE to ignore it.

When Democrats took control with a Demorat resident they addressed this issue.

Republican leadership rain down hHell on any Republicans who tried to help or be involved. They were certainly invited. Bit hey, their leadership met in December of 2008 & decided then to just vote no on everything Obama wanted.

How may Republican amendments are there with the ACA. I mean certainly there must be zero if they were "locked out" as you claim.

Is all you got lies, Carol? Really. Grow the f*ck up.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#972865 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so the Republican solution is no solution?
and you keep acting like someone other than the republicans won't come to the table. re: see above. oh but unless the Heritage plan that Mitt embraced is back on the table. no wait...it already is the law of land. never mind.
That seems to be the solution for everything since Obama became president.

Talk about backward thinking!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#972866 Aug 29, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare posts seem repeats of the same.
We enjoyed your birther posts and the aliens building the New York subway based on grafitti .
LOL
That's what happens when cons don't have anything to complain about.

They go into brain lock!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#972867 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. All families prohibit dissenting opinions.
So she put politics in front of family.

What else is new for cons?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#972868 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That march was clearly a political event. Why would 4 or 5 Republicans - especially Boehner, McCain and Jeb Bush representing his brother who is recovering from a recent surgery - set themselves up for ridicule so Obama can rub it in their faces since he has continually and mercilessly demonized them even before taking office?
Obama has gone out of his way to make sure America sees both House Republicans and their constituents as the enemy.
He had no interest in their attending or speaking at that rally other than, perhaps, his liberal audience being reminded they were, in fact, the enemy while sharing the stage with a smug black radically liberal president.
Where were all the successful black republicans? Where was Alveda King, MLK's niece?
Inviting 4 or 5 white republicans was intentional knowing they would decline.
lol! The more cons complain and impede Obama without compromise, the more it makes your case that it looks like Obama is the enemy!

I love con comedy!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#972869 Aug 29, 2013
THINK ABOUT IT wrote:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com /Evils%20in%20America/Abortion %20is%20Murder/abortion_americ as_killer.htm
ABORTION AMERICA'S #1 KILLER
by Pastor Greg Wilson
There is currently at work in our nation a most dangerous killer. It consistently takes more lives than any disease, famine, or war we have ever faced.
Every month this killer takes more American lives than were lost in the entire Vietnam War. Every six months more die from its relentless onslaught than in all our previous wars combined or in all the fatal automobile accidents of the past twenty years. Every 2 to 3 years it claims more victims than the Nazi Holocaust.
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Wednesday declared unequivocally that the United States has "concluded" that the Syrian government carried out a deadly chemical weapons attack on civilians.http://t.msn.com/?fa =http%3a%2f%2fnews.msn.com%2fu s%2fobama-syrian-govt-behind-c hemical-weapons-attack%3focid% 3dansnews11&ref=bing&f id=AmNews-253308308-261211016
WITCH ONE IS MORE A EVIL KILLER/ KILLING BABIES OR ADULTS?
TWO EVILS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT!
God will not hold this nation guiltless for this great bloodbath. Indeed, the Bible tells us that He hates “hands that shed innocent blood”(Proverbs 6:16-17). Certainly, there can be none more innocent than the unborn.
Abortion advocates ignore these innocent victims of abortion. Testimony given at U.S. government sponsored public hearings indicated that in the so-called family planning clinics:“The baby is dehumanized as much as possible by being termed a ‘blob,’‘products of conception’ or ‘uterine contents.’ Not even the term fetus is used by counselors.”
God however has a different view of the unborn. He told the prophet Jeremiah,“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”(Jeremiah 1:5). He said of John the Baptist:“For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.”(Luke 1:15). Clearly, God views the unborn as human and precious.
The bible also says," Adam came to life after he (God) blew the breath of life into Adam's lungs." As far as I know, a baby in the womb is not breathing, at least not on it's own &, the fetus can survive nurturing from the mother for the full term &, be born dead. That coming from a man who doesn't believe in addition pertaining to any female I deal with sexually. But I'm also cognizant to the fact that, I can't force my beliefs on others. It's obvious you don't feel the same!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#972870 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And since it's going to get much, much worse...is this the solution you were waiting for?
It will et better.

Why don't you just STFU & see instead of spreading more lies?

My God, you're worse than Flscktard with his weekly stock market crash predictions
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#972871 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetition is necessary for those with thick skulls.
The majority of Americans did not want Obamacare from the beginning and still don't.
Democrats who wrote the darn thing are backtracking.
And there's bee yet another delay because they don't even know how to get the darn thing off the ground.
But you go ahead and wave your little sign.
lol! So... show me where CRA was repealed son.

Just to prove your point CRA is no longer on steroids...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 56 min the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 2 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••