Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
893,481 - 893,500 of 1,100,625 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Hey mental midget

United States

#972812 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Also, LCN, going back to the topic of ETs, I'm still quite convinced we're connected somehow.
They were around since the beginning of civilization with more than enough evidence to prove that as well.
It's quite amazing they are making their presence known so much more now than in centuries past.
And I not only have to believe we have a direct connection with them somehow but they are preventing us from destroying ourselves.
Possible abduction victim? Would explain your skewered thought process.
Elton

New York, NY

#972813 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum opened May 1 on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas after much anticipation. The $250 million library brought together all living presidents for a dedication ceremony on April 25, where they showered praise on the 43rd president of the United States.
But according to the Democratic nonprofit group Bridge Project, which focuses on "exposing the conservative movement's dishonest tactics," the library's version of the Bush legacy suffers from selective memory loss. Bridge Project thus created a library of its own Thursday, in the form of a website BushRewrite.org , which the group said will "rectify the falsehoods and omissions of the Bush library."
The timing coincides with the eighth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, a low point of Bush's two-term presidency. The Bush library has already been accused of glossing over Katrina, which killed 1,833 people and destroyed an estimated $81 billion in property. The library overlooks the Bush administration's delayed reaction and includes no pictures of the desperate crowds at the Louisiana Superdome or the New Orleans Morial Convention Center -- images that quickly spurred suggestions that race was a factor in the muted federal response.
The halls of the Bush library ignore other disturbing facts, the Bush Rewrite states on the website. The Huffington Post was offered an exclusive look at the website, which says that the Bush White House "was plagued by a series of scandals and controversies" and "policy failures." It contains pages with what Bridge Project calls a "stark reminder" of Bush's true legacy, ranging from the economy, which revisits events preceeding the 2008 financial collapse, to war and national security, which highlights the Bush administration's torture and rendition programs.
The Bush Rewrite also recalls Bush's record on education, environmental policy and Social Security. In some cases, the website displays pictures taken at the Bush Library to underscore the contrast between the museum's more favorable remembrance with media reports.
A section called "The Missing Wing" is dedicated to controversial moments under Bush's presidency that his library chose not to mention, such as the roles played by Vice President Dick Cheney and senior adviser-turned-deputy chief of staff Karl Rove, the Abu Ghraib prisoner torture scandal, and Bush's support for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.
Bridge Project also uses the website to argue that congressional Republicans continue pushing policies that are harmful today.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/bush...
If you want to find out what happened during Katrina, check out the Mayor Ray Nagle Corruption Wing or the Hallway of Kathleen Blanco Shame. Missing was their planning for the hurricane. This was my favorite exhibit:

On the Saturday edition of the NBC Nightly News, anchored by John Seigenthaler, correspondent Lisa Myers reported several critical mistakes made by Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco in handling the Hurricane Katrina crisis. The story even showcased a whispered conversation, recorded by CNN, between Blanco and an aide in which Blanco admitted she had been too slow in asking for federal troops. Blanco: "I really need to call for the military ... and I should have started that in the first call."

Myers also relayed that when Blanco and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin ordered a mandatory evacuation 20 hours before Katrina hit, they were ignoring the advice of experts who had warned it would take 48 hours. Additionally, Blanco was slow to get National Guard troops to restore order.
LCNlin

United States

#972814 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Also, LCN, going back to the topic of ETs, I'm still quite convinced we're connected somehow.
They were around since the beginning of civilization with more than enough evidence to prove that as well.
It's quite amazing they are making their presence known so much more now than in centuries past.
And I not only have to believe we have a direct connection with them somehow but they are preventing us from destroying ourselves.
a great claim
needs great evidence.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972815 Aug 29, 2013
Sen. Tim Scott’s office claimed that he wasn’t invited to the March on Washington event yesterday, but the truth is that every member of Congress including Scott was invited weeks ago.

The latest in Republican false meme creation began when ABC “Benghazi emails” News reported,“The only African American serving in the Senate, Republican Tim Scott, wasn’t invited to partake in the festivities today, a spokesman confirmed to ABC News.” This statement was also reported by the Newscorp owned Wall Street Journal, which was then quoted by The Washington Post.

But according to the event organizers, this isn’t true. Roll Call broke with the mainstream media tradition of taking a Republican’s word for it by actually asking the organizers of the event if Republicans were invited. In an email statement, a spokesperson for the event said,“This was truly a bipartisan outreach effort…All members of congress were invited to attend and the Republican leadership was invited to speak. Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s office was very helpful in trying to find someone to speak at the event. Making this commemoration bi-partisan was especially important to members of the King family, too.”

In fact, organizers of the event were desperately trying to find Republicans who would be willing to come and speak to the crowd of 100,000.

Organizers tried to find Republicans to come and speak, but Tim Scott claims that he wasn’t invited.

It appears that the Republican senator from South Carolina isn’t being honest.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/29/republ...

....All members of congress were invited to attend....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#972816 Aug 29, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Carol would cure all these problems by.......
You know, actually I think I could. Any level-headed person could.

Liberals' heads are, unfortunately, uneven.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#972817 Aug 29, 2013
Frank wrote:
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you on this one. Also, voting rights should be restored one a person has paid his debt to society.
Clearly the only way in which a person can be discriminated against for life is by making him a felon. It's not right.
Can you believe we agree on something? LOL
<quoted text> She suggests that it is our fault that felons are criminals. We as a society do not force people to commit crimes,they do it of their our desire. Recognition of true facts about a persons criminal history is not discrimination. Certainly,it would be great if every one could have a job,but that is never going to happen since the guy who is currently occupying The White House has an anti-employment agenda.
Write your state legislature moron__your state restores the voting rights for felons so long as they are no longer under state control, parole etc.
Holly

Surabaya, Indonesia

#972818 Aug 29, 2013
huh?

Orlando, FL

#972819 Aug 29, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>More lies, slander, opinion, and innuendo. Please go bother someone else with your claptrap.
It was a political event with the same empty rhetoric. Unless I missed any solutions that were addressed.

Please inform me if that's the case. Thanks so much.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#972820 Aug 29, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Morning Eman. Mark my words, he got a taste for it now.
He's not a pitbull. He's more like a chihuahua.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972821 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep waiting for the Republicans. Carol.
After the defeat of Hillarycare,Republicans ran Congress for 12 straight years. Why didn't they fix it then?
Why an't they offer a replacement plan now?
Why fix what isn't broken?

ObamaKKKare is broken before it starts.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972822 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Qaeda was never running Egypt You are either a liar or the dumbest subsidized pretend oilfield engineer in the world..
Radical Islam is all the same, regardless of the name.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972823 Aug 29, 2013
Elton wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to find out what happened during Katrina, check out the Mayor Ray Nagle Corruption Wing or the Hallway of Kathleen Blanco Shame. Missing was their planning for the hurricane. This was my favorite exhibit:
On the Saturday edition of the NBC Nightly News, anchored by John Seigenthaler, correspondent Lisa Myers reported several critical mistakes made by Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco in handling the Hurricane Katrina crisis. The story even showcased a whispered conversation, recorded by CNN, between Blanco and an aide in which Blanco admitted she had been too slow in asking for federal troops. Blanco: "I really need to call for the military ... and I should have started that in the first call."
Myers also relayed that when Blanco and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin ordered a mandatory evacuation 20 hours before Katrina hit, they were ignoring the advice of experts who had warned it would take 48 hours. Additionally, Blanco was slow to get National Guard troops to restore order.
get back to me when you start blaming other people for Obama's mistakes.
Hey mental midget

United States

#972824 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>

How embarrassing for you.
This coming from a lying, babbling, unemployed blatherer, a loafing lardass, sitting in her double-wide making half-baked judgement calls on from a relciner chair, Big Mac in one hand, Big Gulp in the other.
Can't make this shyt up.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#972825 Aug 29, 2013
I didn’t think Liberals in Detroit could get any dummier but I’m Wrong!! The city is bankrupt, no jobs and we have Liberals protesting in front of McDonald’s and other Fast Food Chains for higher wages being led by the Unions!! Stupid is what stupid Does!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972826 Aug 29, 2013
North Carolina state lawmakers who voted to restrict voting rights faced an angry crowd in Charlotte on Wednesday.

At a Central Piedmont Community College Mecklenburg Legislators Forum sponsored by the Charlotte Observer, PNC Bank and WTVI, the four republicans on the panel reportedly “often found themselves on the defensive before a sometimes raucous audience.”

During the its last session, the Republican-controlled legislature put new restrictions on abortion clinics, loosened gun laws, rejected federal Medicaid funds, cut teacher benefits and enacted school vouchers.

But it was the the voting restrictions — which requires voters to have a government photo ID, cuts the number of early voting days and makes it more difficult for students to vote — that drew the angriest response from the crowd.

According to the Charlotte Observer, one audience member asked if there was any proof of widespread voter fraud.

State Sen. Bob Rucho (R) insisted that the new law was necessary to “establish a level of integrity” because there were no systems in place to detect fraud.

State Rep. Bill Brawley (R) attempted back up Rucho’s point, but he was met with shouts and boos from the audience.

“Let me finish!” Brawley shouted, before host Mike Collins interrupted to call for civility.

“The only fraud that’s being perpetrated is on the citizens of North Carolina,” Democratic state Sen. Malcolm Graham told the crowd.

Rep. Beverly Earle (D) agreed that what the new law was “about is voter suppression.”

At a nearby protest, North Carolina State Conference of the NAACP President Rev. William Barber marked the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech by explaining that people needed to “understand the nightmare” that was happening in North Carolina.

“Gains have been made over the years, but it’s just recently within the last few years that it seems that the clock is turning back,” Charlotte resident Anna Hood told WCNC.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/29/angry-c...

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#972827 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a political event with the same empty rhetoric. Unless I missed any solutions that were addressed.
Please inform me if that's the case. Thanks so much.
Equal rights for all is a HUMAN event. By our Constitution & Bill of Rights, equal rights should be an American event.

According to you,. it must too too bad black people don't know their place, right Carol?

Gettysburg, PA

#972828 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why fix what isn't broken?
ObamaKKKare is broken before it starts.
Costs rising nearly double digits every year.

Healthcare being harder & harder for people to afford.

Millions without access & growing.

Only to a right whiner would that to be a well run system.

Orlando, FL

#972829 Aug 29, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure how any of this pertains to what I posted, probably because none of it does.
Well, actually, it did, Homer. You said Zimmerman was a murderer and his wife should get as far away from him before he does it again.

The prosecutors were forced by the state to even try Zimmerman because there wasn't enough evidence to prove what you falsely accuse him of and a jury decided the same thing.

Eric Holder couldn't even prove it.

This is the sad reality in a nutshell:

Trayvon fit the profile of young black men who had been burglarizing the neighborhood. Instead of hanging around with a grudge, he should have gone home as soon as he knew he was suspect. He attacked in anger instead.

Would you attack a man in a strange neighborhood who thought you looked suspicious? Or get out of the vicinity as quickly as possible?

Try and at least consider reality for a change, Homer.

Gettysburg, PA

#972830 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Radical Islam is all the same, regardless of the name.
We are talking abut Al Qaeda.

They are not the same.

You were wrong. Deal with it, you should be used to it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#972831 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're actually admitting you didn't know about Eric Holder's investigation to find a racial motivation on the part of Zimmerman into Martin's death? And that Holder's intention was to take Zimmerman to civil court if any evidence could be found by the FBI?
How embarrassing for you.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-15/hold...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/just...
The FBI automatically investigates "any crime involving a federal agent." The FBI automatically investigates "potential hate or civil rights cases."

The FBI has had a long running interest in the shortcomings of the Sanford Police Department in these sorts of cases as well as those where Mikhail Muhammad inserts himself.

You stupid racist fks act like Holder dispatched a plane load of FBI agents from D.C. LMAO there are dozens of FBI agents who live and work in Central Florida.

What did you think about TeaParty Pam Bondi benching the veteran states attorney Norm Wolfinger in favor of the far right Republican states attorney Angela Corey? Was that Holder's doing as well?

You get dumber by the day babe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Deserve 49,537
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Retired SOF 45
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,412
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 2 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr J RULES 68,997
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••