Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#973217 Aug 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"rethinking Afghanistan"...
When Bush left office, Al Qaeda and the Taliban were holed up in caves in the tribal regions. Since Obama took office, Al Qaeda and the Taliban are running around the entire country blowing up villages everywhere.
When Bush left office, Al Qaeda was holed up in caves. Since Obama took office, Al Qaeda has established jihad training facilities in multiple countries, and has rebuilt sufficiently to take over countries.
Do you support Obama's intent to get Americans killed helping Al Qaeda acquire the chemical weapons in Syria?
When Bush left office, Osama Bin Laden was living safely in a large walled villa near Pakistan's equivalent of West Point. Al Qaeda had already spilled out of Afghanistan into Pakistan, North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula and of course Iraq.

Speaking of Iraq__Al Qaeda has taken credit for the recent attacks against the Shiite population.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#973218 Aug 30, 2013
Still can't get an answer to this question:

Who here supports Obama's plan to get Americans killed so Al Qaeda can acquire chemical weapons?

This will be the certain result if Obama orders the US to start a war with Syria and it causes the Assad government to fall. Al Qaeda will acquire the chemical weapons stores and facilities we know to exist in Syria.

Who here supports Obama's plan to get Americans killed so Al Qaeda can acquire chemical weapons?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#973219 Aug 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When we were attacked on 9-11, both Republicans & Democrats stood with the President.
When we were hit with a financial crisis, what the f*ck did the Republicans do? Certainly they did not stand with their President, George Bush. Nope, it was election year & they opted to play politics instead of help us prevent a financial meltdown.
So really Flacktard, you keep supporting & defending Republicans & blaming Obama who took office after all the economic disaster hit.
Who destroyed this country?
How about the Republicans under Bush who took us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, two quagmire wars & doubling the debt.
Who is helping us recover. Certainly NOT Republicans & lying weasels like you & your ilk.
Some American you are, allow your country to suffer instead of help because it might make a Democrat President look good and that will help Democrats in the next election.
You people are beyond pathetic.
I don't give a damn about some stupid election! I don't give a damn whether it's a republican or democrat president! I am neither!!!! What I do give a damn about is the greatest country ever conceived by man being destroyed by a bunch of progressive traitors!!!! What I give a damn about is the willful destruction of the idea of self reliance by the American people!!!! What I give a damn about is the growing mentality that because you exist you have the right to what other people worked hard for!!!!! I resent the fact that you progressives think you can just march into America and decide what we can eat, drink, drive, where we can smoke or not, and any other progressive idea that takes away the freedoms of the American people!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#973220 Aug 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
That you of all people would call anyone else thick headed is hilarious Carol. Only a true bone head would keep trotting out the same crap. Let's look at some numbers developed by a poll done by the Kaiser Health Foundation. The raw numbers show a 43% unfavorable rating as opposed to 35% favorability. However 8% of those indicating an unfavorable opinion did so because they didn't think the ACA went far enough. They don't want it repealed, they want it to include more like a public option. Taking those folks out of the equation leaves those that thinks it goes too far at 35%, hardly a majority and exactly the same as those who approve of the law. That leaves 23% who either don't know enough about the law or refused to answer. As more people start realizing the benefits from the ACA like guaranteed enrolment , no lifetime caps on payments for medical procedures and extended family coverage for families with young adults in college or just starting out, the larger the favorability rating will be.
I'm going to repeat something for the thick skulled like you Carol, the Republicans aren't fighting to repeal the ACA because it's going to fail. If it did then they'd have political capital up the Wazoo. They're petrified that it's going to work and show them up for the liars they are.
You just keep waving your sign Carol. It says "I'm a sociopath!" "I don't care if cancer patients get their treatment s cut off!" "I don't care if childhood cancer survivors can't get insurance as adult!"
"I'm all for big insurance padding their bottom line on other peoples misfortune!"
You're beneath contempt Carol.
Interesting-helpful-agree.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#973221 Aug 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>When Bush left office, Osama Bin Laden was living safely in a large walled villa near Pakistan's equivalent of West Point. Al Qaeda had already spilled out of Afghanistan into Pakistan, North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula and of course Iraq.
Speaking of Iraq__Al Qaeda has taken credit for the recent attacks against the Shiite population.
So, Al Qaeda has resurged in Iraq, too, since Obama took office. Is that what you're saying? Al Qaeda was a non-factor when Bush left office. Today, they have more jihad training facilities in more countries than they had before 9/11.
You avoided addressing the facts. Here they are again for your convenient reference:

When Bush left office, Al Qaeda and the Taliban were holed up in caves in the tribal regions. Since Obama took office, Al Qaeda and the Taliban are running around the entire country blowing up villages everywhere.
When Bush left office, Al Qaeda was holed up in caves. Since Obama took office, Al Qaeda has established jihad training facilities in multiple countries, and has rebuilt sufficiently to take over countries.
Do you support Obama's intent to get Americans killed helping Al Qaeda acquire the chemical weapons in Syria?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#973222 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't give a damn about some stupid election! I don't give a damn whether it's a republican or democrat president! I am neither!!!! What I do give a damn about is the greatest country ever conceived by man being destroyed by a bunch of progressive traitors!!!! What I give a damn about is the willful destruction of the idea of self reliance by the American people!!!! What I give a damn about is the growing mentality that because you exist you have the right to what other people worked hard for!!!!! I resent the fact that you progressives think you can just march into America and decide what we can eat, drink, drive, where we can smoke or not, and any other progressive idea that takes away the freedoms of the American people!!!!
To the medieval radical conservatives that ludicrously call themselves "liberals", if you're not Democrat you have to be Republican. The fact that there are multiple sects in opposition to them goes against their execution of the Saul Alinsky principle to make it appear as if "all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other." That "other side" has to have a single identiy. For the Democrats to acknowledge that multiple factions oppose them, they cannot be in compliance with this part of the Saul Alinsky strategy.

This is the only reason why these medieval ultra-conservative loons claim any opposition to them is Republican, and they ignore any and all other labels.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973223 Aug 30, 2013
Former President George W. Bush said on Friday that President Barack Obama has a "tough choice" to make in determining a U.S. response to the Syrian regime's use of chemical weapons.

"The president's got a tough choice to make," Bush told "Fox & Friends" host Brian Kilmeade. "And if he decides to use our military, he'll have the greatest military ever backing him up."

"I'm not a fan of Mr. Assad," he added. "He's an ally of Iran, and he's made mischief."

When pressed about Congress' and the United Nation's reluctance to proceed with military action, Bush remained tight-lipped with his take.

"The president has to make a tough call, Brian,” Bush laughed.“I know you’re trying to subtly rope me into the issues of the day. I refuse to be roped in. Putting our military in harm's way is the toughest decision a president will make."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#973224 Aug 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Al Qaeda has resurged in Iraq, too, since Obama took office. Is that what you're saying? Al Qaeda was a non-factor when Bush left office. Today, they have more jihad training facilities in more countries than they had before 9/11.
You avoided addressing the facts. Here they are again for your convenient reference:
You're fkn nuts.

Carry on

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#973225 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Former President George W. Bush said on Friday that President Barack Obama has a "tough choice" to make in determining a U.S. response to the Syrian regime's use of chemical weapons.
"The president's got a tough choice to make," Bush told "Fox & Friends" host Brian Kilmeade. "And if he decides to use our military, he'll have the greatest military ever backing him up."
"I'm not a fan of Mr. Assad," he added. "He's an ally of Iran, and he's made mischief."
When pressed about Congress' and the United Nation's reluctance to proceed with military action, Bush remained tight-lipped with his take.
"The president has to make a tough call, Brian,” Bush laughed.“I know you’re trying to subtly rope me into the issues of the day. I refuse to be roped in. Putting our military in harm's way is the toughest decision a president will make."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
Real-world check coming.... wait for it... wait for it...

The choice is whether to help Al Qaeda take control of Syria and the chemical weapons there, or to not help Al Qaeda.
That is the real-world situation. Any action against Assad helps Al Qaeda get their hands on chemical weapons.
McCain has already said US Armed Forces should be fighting side-by-side with Al Qaeda.

Who here supports Obama's plan to get Americans killed to help Al Qaeda acquire chemical weapons?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#973227 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't give a damn about some stupid election! I don't give a damn whether it's a republican or democrat president! I am neither!!!! What I do give a damn about is the greatest country ever conceived by man being destroyed by a bunch of progressive traitors!!!! What I give a damn about is the willful destruction of the idea of self reliance by the American people!!!! What I give a damn about is the growing mentality that because you exist you have the right to what other people worked hard for!!!!! I resent the fact that you progressives think you can just march into America and decide what we can eat, drink, drive, where we can smoke or not, and any other progressive idea that takes away the freedoms of the American people!!!!
Progressive traitors?? Really?

How about those that took us from a balanced budget to economic disaster? Your Heroes no doubt.

You look at increased numbers on government assistance & blame Democrats instead of the recession.

You act as though these programs were started under Obama.

Smokers to pollute the air we breathe & put others at risk. You call that freedom? How about the freedom to be able to work with the person next to you killing you with smoke,

I have further news, you can still drink. I guess because you can't cruise around town drunk out of your mind is taking away your freedom? Really?

OMG, you can't buy a 8 gallon sugar laden soft drink.

And you can shove unhealthy down your throat all day long. It is still legal. God f*cking Forbid, the government keeps us informed on healthy choices & restaurants have to tell you that your 3' high sandwich has enough salt to last you three months. OMG.

These things bother you but creating the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown & two quagmire wars that slaughtered our best & brightest is no f*cking problem.

You had no problem with your FREE Government supplied education. Growing up in the second largest Federal fund mooching state, getting $2.67 in federal money for eery tax dollar spent. You live in an area that is rich in federal money.

There is no destruction of the will to make it on your own. The recession did lower the opportunities to make it on your own.

There is just an increase in the number of right whiner azzholes b*tching about it 24/7. "OMG OMG OMG"

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#973228 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
....it would be disastrous for an American president to back off from the just and necessary use of military force when he has threatened it and prepared for it.
We therefore feel an obligation to persuade the president to follow through on his promises and threats.....
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/barbar...
Neocons are never wrong. a quick trip around the Bush Library will confirm that fact.
but i tell you what....if you admit that Bush lied and people died i'll start ignoring neocons.
Neo Cons are Psueo Liberals too which most are in the Republican Party parading around like Bigots too and there is nothing conservative about them.

http://conservapedia.com/Neoconservatism
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973229 Aug 30, 2013
MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Slaps ‘Neo-Cons’ for Pushing Syria War

“Once again the neocons are expecting our country to be the police officer of the world,” Schultz said.“You know, I’d would rather have a president put his foot in his mouth than a boot on the ground where it doesn’t belong and will get us in trouble for a long, long time.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-ed-schultz-...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973230 Aug 30, 2013
WAKE THE HELL UP USA wrote:
Ten weeks ago, America was four votes away from the Senate giving our Second Amendment Constitutional rights over to the United Nations!
Here are the 46 U.S. senators (44 Democrats, 2 Independents) who had voted to surrender our Constitutional rights to the UN. Note that there is not a single Republican among the 46 traitors, so don’t tell me there’s not a wit of difference between the two parties!
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
VOTE OUT THESE DICTATORS!!!!
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/0...
Now THAT is as comprehensive a list of retarded phags as I've ever seen. Great progress would be made if each and every one of these buffooons was horsewhipped in the town square......:-)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973231 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Slaps ‘Neo-Cons’ for Pushing Syria War
“Once again the neocons are expecting our country to be the police officer of the world,” Schultz said.“You know, I’d would rather have a president put his foot in his mouth than a boot on the ground where it doesn’t belong and will get us in trouble for a long, long time.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-ed-schultz-...
That tub of goo is too corpulent to slap his own fatazz (like Christie), much less anyone else...
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#973232 Aug 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you're not confusing gay "rights" with gay "marriage" as you liberals so often do?
Marriage is a right stupid! That was established by the Supreme Court in Loving v Virginia. Marriage is a civil contract that grants rights, benefits and also responsibilities. A clergyman (or woman), may be granted the authority to perform a marriage but not without a license from the civil authority. Same sex couples are citizens just like anyone else and deserve the same right to enter into a civil marriage contract with the partner of their choice. The 14th Amendment to the Constitution states;
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
You can use "liberal" as a pejorative all you want Carol but Jesus was a liberal who ministered to the poor and the outcasts and chastised those who lived a life of privilege and comfort. I'm a liberal and proud of it and wouldn't be an ignorant bigot like you for all the money in the world.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#973233 Aug 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're a bigger liar than Orally, and NEVER even apologize for being wrong. Just answer this: did or did not the CANDIDATE post the picture of Obama with the caption, "Shoot the n---" on facebook? You claim to know all about blacks, liberals, herds, etc., do you ever contemplate the phrase, "Know thyself," vile, hateful, lying beast?
Let's try it the liberal way:
Did Al Sharpton have multiple rants about "Homos", "Chinamen" and "Crackers"?( http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/... )

If so then the posting on facebook is fine. Just using that fine liberal logic. Of course I had to take a handful of thought altering drugs to get to this level but it seems to work.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#973234 Aug 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Still can't get an answer to this question:
This will be the certain result if Obama orders the US to start a war with Syria and it causes the Assad government to fall. Al Qaeda will acquire the chemical weapons stores and facilities we know to exist in Syria.
Here's a few Republicans; McCain and Graham and other congressional Republicans who on Sunday ratcheted up pressure on the White House to intervene in Syria, saying the United States “has sat on the sidelines for too long”.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973235 Aug 30, 2013
Paul D wrote:
<quoted text>You are 100 percent right. I say close the prisons and let them roam your streets. We shouldn't care that most victims of crimes by blacks are other blacks.
You forgot two key components; we need to supply them with an endless armory, and put unbreachable fencing around all urban zoos.

Other than that, EXCELLENT proposal....
rahm Jizzbucket emanuel

Oswego, IL

#973236 Aug 30, 2013
Gotta love watching President bo squirm in his own ignorance. Waiting for bo to start blaming Bush for this!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973237 Aug 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a right stupid! That was established by the Supreme Court in Loving v Virginia. Marriage is a civil contract that grants rights, benefits and also responsibilities. A clergyman (or woman), may be granted the authority to perform a marriage but not without a license from the civil authority. Same sex couples are citizens just like anyone else and deserve the same right to enter into a civil marriage contract with the partner of their choice. The 14th Amendment to the Constitution states;
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
You can use "liberal" as a pejorative all you want Carol but Jesus was a liberal who ministered to the poor and the outcasts and chastised those who lived a life of privilege and comfort. I'm a liberal and proud of it and wouldn't be an ignorant bigot like you for all the money in the world.
Are you a polygamous gay Pierre?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min litesong 53,026
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Guru 187,819
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min TRD 69,794
College Scandals 4 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Red_Forman 5,947
Word (Dec '08) 7 hr Red_Forman 5,211
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 8 hr reality is a crutch 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]