Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
893,401 - 893,420 of 1,099,852 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972729 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, i'll give you that one.
though you must remember he was appointed.
that's the excuse i've seen.
Yeah, but you know what they say about "excuses"...

The whole MLK march was a dud anyway. Anyone that HAD integrity with regards to that movement is either long gone, or fallen by the wayside of the exploitation highway. MLK is probably turning in his grave, seeing that freakshow yesterday....
Frank

Spokane, WA

#972730 Aug 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I have been an activist against children being tried as adults. I have fought the system for years in two states. Voting rights are restored in some states, but in those same states one can not ever pay their debt to society. Their record follows them for the rest of their lives. So IMO no one ever pays their debt to society, that is a fallacy.
Andrew Breitbart taught me you can always find common ground.:)
So you think it is alright for 16 year old children to beat an 88 year old to death? No one currently in prison should be able to vote.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972731 Aug 29, 2013
OK, time to go whip the convicts on the chain gang.

Leftist wimps, explore America today. Please start with the nearest abandoned mineshaft......:-)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#972732 Aug 29, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare posts seem repeats of the same.
We enjoyed your birther posts and the aliens building the New York subway based on grafitti .
LOL
Repetition is necessary for those with thick skulls.

The majority of Americans did not want Obamacare from the beginning and still don't.

Democrats who wrote the darn thing are backtracking.

And there's bee yet another delay because they don't even know how to get the darn thing off the ground.

But you go ahead and wave your little sign.

Orlando, FL

#972733 Aug 29, 2013
"The era of big government is over."
~President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address)

How funny is that?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#972734 Aug 29, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Donger lets score some lebon blonde on the silk road, and then you can hit that wok and cook us up a feast. Weighed myself today; I'm just under 230. You have been slacking off in the kitchen!!
lol! I'll look for some fat son. Let's see if we can put an iv into you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#972735 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...let the French surrender monkeys lead the way for the American monkey...
lol! You people DO put other countries ahead of the US!

Why don't you simply leave instead of trying to bring us down? Everyone would be happier that way!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972736 Aug 29, 2013
Freaky1Freaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly the most ignorant post in this thread... not surprised though based on it's source....
So tell me, if your hero is setting bait what is he trying to catch?
Obama may be conducting a false flag operation to drag the US into Syria on the side of Al Qaeda.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972737 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That march was clearly a political event. Why would 4 or 5 Republicans - especially Boehner, McCain and Jeb Bush representing his brother who is recovering from a recent surgery - set themselves up for ridicule so Obama can rub it in their faces since he has continually and mercilessly demonized them even before taking office?
Obama has gone out of his way to make sure America sees both House Republicans and their constituents as the enemy.
He had no interest in their attending or speaking at that rally other than, perhaps, his liberal audience being reminded they were, in fact, the enemy while sharing the stage with a smug black radically liberal president.
Where were all the successful black republicans? Where was Alveda King, MLK's niece?
Inviting 4 or 5 white republicans was intentional knowing they would decline.
More lies, slander, opinion, and innuendo. Please go bother someone else with your claptrap.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972738 Aug 29, 2013
Homer wrote:
So what's got the Foxites fired up this morning?
Isn't a phony war enough for Homer?

Orlando, FL

#972739 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so the Republican solution is no solution?
and you keep acting like someone other than the republicans won't come to the table. re: see above. oh but unless the Heritage plan that Mitt embraced is back on the table. no wait...it already is the law of land. never mind.
They had plenty of solutions that were both cost free and practical but none of them gave Obama his big government with more control over us and didn't give the Democrats their strictly partisan vote to pave the way for a single-payer system.

They still have the same solutions. The Democrats didn't want any part of them then and don't want to hear them now.

Unfortunately for them, they own Obamacare now.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972740 Aug 29, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>So you think it is alright for 16 year old children to beat an 88 year old to death? No one currently in prison should be able to vote.
The poster never suggested it was alright, nor did they say anyone currently in prison should be allowed to vote, they said their voting rights should be restored AFTER they paid their debt to society. Go back and reread their post.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#972741 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
No whites with the financial ability will live any where near blacks. It's not safe.
"steve richards"
Have to disagree. We have a black family in the neighborhood. Good folks. Dad is an attorney, mom, a stay at home mom. 3 kids, polite, friendly, interact well with other kids. Keep their and yard looking good, fly an American flag everyday.
Trust me if I wanted to move I could. Why would I.
Peace
PS: We are white
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972742 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
"The era of big government is over."
~President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address)
How funny is that?
He was probably referring to Reagan when he said that.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#972743 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even MLK's niece, Alveda King, wasn't asked to speak. She's a black republican.
Well that's not really surprising Carol considering that she's vehemently anti gay rights. Tim Scott wasn't invited either because of his anti labor stands.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#972745 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
plus 20 lashes with a wet noodle....the judge obviously considered the charges to be a joke...
The charges weren't a joke her lies were recorded on law enforcement audio equipment and heard on national television hook ups all while George sat there like a potted plant. She not only lied but bowed up when pushed about the rental home situation. She did the right thing by negotiating the plea agreement.

Incidentally during the course of the legal mumbo jumbo leading to George's trial her mother got a major league DUI that made it into the national news. Georges stupidity created grief for dozens of his friends and neighbors along with his family.

Orlando, FL

#972747 Aug 29, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>She should get as far away from that murderer as possible. He will kill again and she would be the most likely victim.
You'd think with the power behind the Department of Justice and Eric Holder's fired up determination to make this a racial crime and his mission to file a civil suit against Zimmerman, Zimmerman would already be back in the news - and in court.

Holder's use of the FBI [at the taxpayers' expense] couldn't find one shred of evidence this was true.

So give it up, Homer. Eric Holder did.

Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#972748 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetition is necessary for those with thick skulls.
The majority of Americans did not want Obamacare from the beginning and still don't.
Democrats who wrote the darn thing are backtracking.
And there's bee yet another delay because they don't even know how to get the darn thing off the ground.
But you go ahead and wave your little sign.
Lois still playing with the judge. LOL Your comment is False. Here is one example of how intelligence is seeping into the republicans ranks in spite of the kooks ideologies.
Obama’s empathy for our nation has been demonstrated numerous times. That’s why republicans have labeled him as Obamacare. Now he is going to gather up the Tea and cast it out unto the waters of oblivion with the traditionalist republicans help.
Fortunately there is hope and it is being demonstrated, more and more every day, with the moderate republicans and the intellectuals of the party that are distancing themselves from the dysfunctional “Ideologues” of their party. Obama has aided them with his brilliance. A Tea bulwark has fallen.
Obamacare drives a wedge, fracturing republican party. Phoenix Arizona’s Governor Jan Brewer pulled off a major coup by distancing herself, along with a few staunch republican state senators, from their extremist elements within their party. Rallying the support by emphasizing “Moral and Monetarily Correct”. Stating “It’s pro-life, it’s saving lives, it is creating jobs, it is saving hospitals,” and “I don’t know how you can get any more conservative than that,”
Typical of the intoxicated Tea Party’s strategy. Derogatory remarks are let loose with no substance to any issue for debate. Going so far as to invoke some religious sniping by A.J LaFaro chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, comparing Jan Brewer to Judas! Libertarian blog post by Tyler S. Boyer on the “Freedom Works” site, refers to Jan as “An unfortunate display of ineptitude.” Derogatory continues to surface from the right wing extremist. Reagan once said” Republicans should not speak ill of one another” Something the extremist have ignored, as they have demonstrated on various issues, ignoring supporting their constituents for some personal ego political ploy. Ignoring the facts that voters agreed, in 1996 and in 2000, to extend Medicaid coverage to childless adults, one of the main beneficiaries of the Medicaid expansion.
Mr. Coughlin states “Ideologues have their agendas” Mr. Coughlin goes on to say “and the part of the party that’s taking issue with the governor right now is all made up of ideologues”!
Moderate republicans will be required to expand their platforms to educate their constituents of the fallacies of the zealot extremist policies. Focusing on the more intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.
Bruce Merrill, political behaviorist senior research at Morrison Institute for Public Policy of the Arizona University states “how truly fractured the Republican Party in Arizona is.” expressly due to Obamacare.
“The real brilliance of Barack Obama when he made Medicaid an all-or-nothing proposition,” giving states no option but to cover individuals with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty line if they were to qualify for federal reimbursement,“was that he pitted fiscally conservative Republicans against one another,” he said.
Governor Jan Brewer views it as merely bruised egos that will heal with time.“Nobody likes to lose, and that’s what happened”. AND this is but one example of many.
Tea will not be served…. Out of service…

Orlando, FL

#972749 Aug 29, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's not really surprising Carol considering that she's vehemently anti gay rights. Tim Scott wasn't invited either because of his anti labor stands.
Are you sure you're not confusing gay "rights" with gay "marriage" as you liberals so often do?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#972750 Aug 29, 2013
In the past 2.5 years over 1, 00,000 deaths in Syria little concern little action from this President I guess it’s not how you died but the Method is which you Died!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min Frijoles 68,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min James 68,351
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 2 hr Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 2 hr minluo 2
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,347
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000