Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432266 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#973424 Aug 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"rethinking Afghanistan"...
When Bush left office, Al Qaeda and the Taliban were holed up in caves in the tribal regions. Since Obama took office, Al Qaeda and the Taliban are running around the entire country blowing up villages everywhere.
When Bush left office, Al Qaeda was holed up in caves. Since Obama took office, Al Qaeda has established jihad training facilities in multiple countries, and has rebuilt sufficiently to take over countries.
Do you support Obama's intent to get Americans killed helping Al Qaeda acquire the chemical weapons in Syria?
I do not support any military action without U.N. backing or, at the very least, without joint involvement of a coalition of nations...including Britain. Period.

IMO, if Obama allows the warmongers to persuade him to abandon his principles by taking unilateral military action against Syria, he will become a laughing stock. Just because the warmongering republicans have insisted on building up a massive military machine doesn't mean Democrats have to avail themselves of it. We certainly should not be leading an attack on Assad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973425 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you call the cops. Point being this stuff happens all the time if it happened to me once. Look how much you rightwingers hate paying taxes and will do anything and everything to avoid paying them.
Homer signs a fraudulent state income tax return every year if he fails to report the "use tax"....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973426 Aug 30, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's desire to attack Syria is not the result of actions taken during a civil war. Obama is angry at Assad for disagreeing with Obama's political agenda. This is simply an example that Obama thinks he is King of The Earth and can do anything he wants without consequence. The Obama Zombies across the United States idolize him so much that they will never question his actions,then they call any one that does question Obama's agenda a racist.
you seem to forget a war started by the arrogant Bush purely for financial gain. and when did they start planning it? the day after Bush stepped into the WH.

and as many of the liberals on this thread have indicated, we do not want Obama to bomb Syria. we are not the heartless azzholes who try to compare who killed the most children as a talking point.

so with you with no leg to stand on, who's the racist?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973427 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey dumbass I pay taxes every year. I don't get a refund like the moochers do. Learn to understand what you read libtard!!!!
I never said you didn't pay them but by not paying at least what you owe weekly or monthly(however you get paid, if you still do) but by paying it annually you are adding to the debt with the accrued interest for those 12 months.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973428 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
The way rightwingers are posting it's like we've already fought a war with Syria and lost. Why do they hate America so much? Who's side are rightwinger's truly on?
Aid and Comfort
Any act that deliberately strengthens or tends to strengthen enemies of the United States, or that weakens or tends to weaken the power of the United States to resist and attack such enemies is characterized as aid and comfort.
Yeah that pretty much sums up what rightwingers post here every day.
Which article of the US Constitution does that come from?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#973429 Aug 30, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Liberals love to sexualize and degrade women in their unabated war on women!
Miley Cyrus any one?
No one has done more to sexualize and degrade women than one of your own...Charlie Sheen.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973430 Aug 30, 2013
Does Hillary support Obama War on Syria?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973431 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
The way rightwingers are posting it's like we've already fought a war with Syria and lost. Why do they hate America so much? Who's side are rightwinger's truly on?
Aid and Comfort
Any act that deliberately strengthens or tends to strengthen enemies of the United States, or that weakens or tends to weaken the power of the United States to resist and attack such enemies is characterized as aid and comfort.
Yeah that pretty much sums up what rightwingers post here every day.
and won't we be killing Muslims? they'd really hate that wouldn't they?

compassionate conservatives. who knew?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973432 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying that people cheat the gov't or try to all the time and a flat tax or consumption tax would open the floodgates. Hey I am no fan of the IRS, I just got a bonus and another raise and am getting creamed.
A consumption tax would actually be much easier to enforce than the income tax.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973433 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush obtained a resolution from Congress.
The Constitution does not specify a format for a declaration of war.
Sure, based on lies he did.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#973434 Aug 30, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Jinx!! Probably gunners son.
Perhaps, but I doubt any son of Gunner's could ever master the skills necessary to ride a bicycle...carry a concealed handgun, yes; ride a bike, no.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973435 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer signs a fraudulent state income tax return every year if he fails to report the "use tax"....
Homer reports everything.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973436 Aug 30, 2013
the best reason for starting a war....

Yes, the Iraq War was a war for oil, and it was a war with winners: Big Oil.

It has been 10 years since Operation Iraqi Freedom's bombs first landed in Baghdad. And while most of the U.S.-led coalition forces have long since gone, Western oil companies are only getting started.

Before the 2003 invasion, Iraq's domestic oil industry was fully nationalized and closed to Western oil companies. A decade of war later, it is largely privatized and utterly dominated by foreign firms.

From ExxonMobil and Chevron to BP and Shell, the West's largest oil companies have set up shop in Iraq. So have a slew of American oil service companies, including Halliburton, the Texas-based firm Dick Cheney ran before becoming George W. Bush's running mate in 2000.

The war is the one and only reason for this long sought and newly acquired access.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-wa...

and also the best reason for killing civilians?

you nutjobs are just asking to get your legs chopped off at the knees.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#973437 Aug 30, 2013
I love Allen West:
Listening to Sec. of State Kerry address the Syria chemical attack incident, and he is not convincing at all in his bloviating diatribe. What is the strategic, operational, and tactical objective? If we are not going for regime change, then what is the purpose? If we are just going to fire off some missiles -- and understand Assad has already shifted his resources since we told him what the targets are -- what is the purpose? A year ago President Obama fired off his mouth and now he wants to fire off missiles. To borrow his own words, he "acted stupidly." If Obama launches an attack against Syria, a series of unintended consequences shall ensue over which he will have no control. Obama's strategic incompetence was evidenced when there was no Status of Forces agreement to keep a residual force presence in Iraq. Now we see the consequences from that faux pas.~Allen West
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973438 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A consumption tax would actually be much easier to enforce than the income tax.
I'd probably be a supporter of a consumption tax or a flat tax or what have you if both you and Flack weren't so for it. You two are aholes so I figure it must be a bad idea. While I do give you credit for having half a brain Flack is a complete idiot. Homer would probably do quite well with a flat tax.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#973439 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So do your imaginary clerks ask you if you want to pay the state sales tax? Don't you think the state sales tax department would notice? Just like they do now?
People cheat the sales tax system now when its 5-6%. Wait until it gets to be 30%(rate & federal).

Adjustable every year.

Are we taxing stock purchases?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973440 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Which article of the US Constitution does that come from?
Article 3, Section 3
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#973441 Aug 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not support any military action without U.N. backing or, at the very least, without joint involvement of a coalition of nations...including Britain. Period.
IMO, if Obama allows the warmongers to persuade him to abandon his principles by taking unilateral military action against Syria, he will become a laughing stock. Just because the warmongering republicans have insisted on building up a massive military machine doesn't mean Democrats have to avail themselves of it. We certainly should not be leading an attack on Assad.
You aren't making any sense. Out of one side of your mouth you talk about War Mongering, but then out of the other side you say it's OK if Obama gets backing.

Abandon his "principles"? He promised to end the wars, instead he carries on and get's involved in new ones.

I hope you are not a parent. Your kids sure would grow up confused with you around. Typical liberal, Geeessshhh!!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#973442 Aug 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has done more to sexualize and degrade women than one of your own...Charlie Sheen.
Guess you never heard of Anthony the Weener...hypocrite.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#973443 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's the law. Sort of like loser pays. Which, by the way, should be the case in all trials, lawsuits. Stop a lot of the bull crap.
Don't know the difference between civil and criminal law? Ask Massey...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Hill4Me 225,672
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,693
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 2,066
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,549
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 3,187
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 61,479
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr PEllen 9,534

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages