Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972637 Aug 29, 2013
Bill Kristol Is Getting the Band Back Together

The people who brought you the Iraq War are now urging that we get bombing Syria. What could possibly go wrong?

Back when George W. Bush was president, William Kristol—editor of the Weekly Standard, former Dan Quayle chief of staff, and general conservative man-about-town—co-founded something called the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq, whose purpose was to beat the war drums until the American government and public saw the wisdom of an invasion. Kristol was eventually mocked not only for his status as a "chickenhawk"—like nearly all the war's most visible boosters, he was eager to send other people to fight and die, but had avoided military service during the Vietnam War—but for his confidently offered yet comically wrong predictions about Iraq, like "This is going to be a two-month war" or his immortal assertion that there was no reason to think there'd be any conflict between Sunnis and Shias since "Iraq's always been very secular." In the end, Kristol and his allies got what they wanted, and that Iraq thing turned out great for everybody involved.

And now, in case you were on the fence about whether the American government should take military action in Syria, Kristol has returned with an open letter urging President Obama to get bombing post-haste, and go big. You can find the letter on the Weekly Standard's website, where it runs under the not-sarcastic headline, "Experts to Obama: Here is what to do in Syria." Among the "experts" are not only Kristol himself, but a whole bunch of folks with a nuanced grasp of the subtleties of Middle East politics and a track record of wise counsel on matters of war. People like Iran-Contra criminal Elliot Abrams, evangelical leader Gary Bauer, former seat-warming senator Norm Coleman, French gadabout Bernard-Henri Levi, foreign-policy genius Karl Rove, and presidential laughingstock Tim Pawlenty, not to mention the hilariously named Arch Puddington, who apparently is an actual person and not a character from a children's book.

Bombing Syria may or may not be a good idea; I'm extremely skeptical, but it isn't as though there's no reasonable case you could make for it. But when these clowns start advocating for it, it becomes very difficult to think it would be anything but a disaster.

http://prospect.org/article/bill-kristol-gett...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#972638 Aug 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Prescription drugs help, I'm sure.
He's always showing those Pearly Whites and blinking like a Kewpie doll.
I was kind of thinking that about what he gets to work with every day, during some of those potus election debates.

(Would dat be just that all doey eyed look or...REALLY, really??????????

Ugh.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#972639 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Either keep up with the conversation or STFU.
You were fine with your buddy Bush invading a country because they might use wmd yet here you are having a GD hissy fit because Syria did use them against civilians.
You people are jut plain dumber than sh*t.
Duhm azz Duh A Vey-

Real simple here-@ your level.

Syria has not stolen it's neighbors oil and then invaded them in an act of outright war...as did Saddam the catalyst.

BIG difference.

WTF were we doing in LIBYA, besides aiding and abbetting terrorist in their anarchy quests of more FAILED statehoods?

Foreign Policy FAILURE.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#972640 Aug 29, 2013
More bullshit talk from the " Super Minority " I see! Can't get over the fact that, they worship a group of dumasses, who ignorantly categorized every non white national as " minorities ." Turned around to bite them in the ass like a feral pit bull! Their ignorance turned out to be their demise. Now they're stuck playing the finger pointing game &, blaming everyone but, the true culprits, themselves! Everyday, they come on this thread, trying their best to dilute the truth. Fantasies of MLK being republican, Reagan being a good president, Bush also &, lies about Obama. Too stupid to see that that hasn't worked in 2 straight elections &, likely won't work ever again!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#972641 Aug 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the war the Arab terrorists started?
Do you mean the war when Al Qaeda went from hiding in caves to taking over countries since Obama Obama began "fighting" it?
Now, the question you hid from all day yesterday:
Do you want Americans to be killed to help Al Qaeda take over another country and get chemical weapons?
Step up with an answer, dupe.
So what country did Al Qaeda take over??

Yu do realize that having a camp in the desert in Bumfuck Mali doesn't count as taking over the country, right?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#972642 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even MLK's niece, Alveda King, wasn't asked to speak. She's a black republican.
wonder why the only black sitting Senator (R) was excluded as well?

WTH? That wasn't very MLK like.

Gettysburg, PA

#972643 Aug 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oil has surged 27 percent since touching a low for the year of $86.68 on April 17. Political unrest in the Middle East and the threat of U.S. intervention in Syria's civil war have been big factors behind the price increase"
Thanks bush
<dumbass dave ignores the effect countries like china have on the demand for oil>
I realize that you praise Bush for the temporary dive in oil prices. After all, you right whiners love the recession Bush created that caused that price to dive.

It is a fact, that Bush policies were responsible for a portion of those higher prices. His invasion of Iraq, his policy of expanding the National Reserve - all caused significant price increases. His drill baby drill instead of conserve also raised the prices. All in all, Bush policies added $30 -$60 to the price of oil.

The funny part is that that increase funded Iran's nuclear & military expansion.

You people are truly dumber than sh*t.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#972644 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt was referring to the Syrian war, not the 10,000 man picnic....
learnt?

Gettysburg, PA

#972645 Aug 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop right there. No, you don't.
If Al Qaeda wins and takes control of Syria, they will have chemical weapons to use against us in their terrorist attacks that are certain to continue. If you've been keeping up with current events, you know that Al Qaeda went from hiding in caves to taking over countries since Obama took office.
We don't think there are chemical weapons in Syria. We KNOW there are chemical weapons in Syria.
We also know that if Al Qaeda takes over Syria, AL Qaeda will have chemical weapons to use against us.
So, now the question you ran away from all day yesterday:
Who here wants to get Americans killed helping Al Qaeda acquire chemical weapons?
That's the bottom line.
Step right up and tell us if you want to get Americans killed helping Al Qaeda acquire chemical weapons.
So, your claim is the rebels are all Al Qaeda.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972646 Aug 29, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
wonder why the only black sitting Senator (R) was excluded as well?
WTH? That wasn't very MLK like.
the MLK family sure didn't want Alveda there after she lied about MLK being a republican.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#972647 Aug 29, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss the outer space posts :-)
Fascinating and well-documented evidence by the military. Quite a number of military personnel from around the world together with scientists, experienced airline pilots, ground control and FAA directors are demanding a Congressional hearing to get the truth out to the public.

Too bad you choose to ignore the greatest discovery of mankind.

How sad for you. But it does reveal much about your politics too.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#972648 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So what country did Al Qaeda take over??
Yu do realize that having a camp in the desert in Bumfuck Mali doesn't count as taking over the country, right?
Maybe not "take over" libtard, but this isn't good!

Libya: Al Qaeda flag flown above Benghazi courthouse
The black flag of Al Qaeda has been spotted flying over a public building in Libya, raising concerns that the country could lurch towards Muslim extremism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/afr...

Libtard...
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#972649 Aug 29, 2013
Freaky1Freaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Shadow, thank you! My parents were caring. My parents taught me life lessons that still apply today. I teach my kids those lessons as well.
That is a major problem in the "Ghetto" today... NO CARING PARENTS! Sure a momma may cry when her baby boy is shot in the street but she wasn't there to teach him and nurture him. And of course baby boy had no daddy in the picture, just the drug dealer on the corner!
Everytime I start thinking I am alone on an isand a sane person like you pops up and I know it will be OK.
It is just being told day after day that things are like this because the evil conservatives did it gets old.
These people who fill our prisons and die in drug related deals and shoot each other on the street corners are to blame for their own woes.
Until society wakes up it is only gonna get worse.
When I grew up my father was constantly there to remind me what was good and right. He was not the exception, no he was the rule in those days. Un wed mothers were just not heard of. I know it happened but rarely and the child was put up for adoption not murdered at an abortion clinic.
Texas tough new abortion laws are going to be tested by none other than planned parenthood. The leading provider of abortions in Texas. I hope they do sue so everyone can see what they are about
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#972650 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
Moochelle desperate to look white, arranges seance with Michael Jackson:
Michelle Obama Shows Off Red and Blonde Highlights
First Lady Michelle Obama showed off red and blonde highlights and side-swept bangs at a screening in Washington, D.C. on
So since we're getting all hollywierd and shallow here...whom ever keeps sticking her in those stick figure drawing classless dress designs that detracts from her, oughta be smacked with a day old mackarel too.

/\
_
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#972651 Aug 29, 2013
72 Types Of Americans That Are Considered “Potential Terrorists” In Official Government Documents

At one time, the term “terrorist” was used very narrowly. The government applied that label to people like Osama bin Laden and other Islamic jihadists. But now the (illegal)NWO Obama regime is removing all references to Islam from terror training materials, and instead the term “terrorist” is being applied to large groups of American citizens.

And if you are a “terrorist”, that means that you have no Rights and the government can treat you just like it treats the terrorists that are being held at Guantanamo Bay. So if you belong to a group of people that is now being referred to as “potential terrorists”, please don’t take it as a joke. The first step to persecuting any group of people is to demonize them. And right now large groups of peaceful, law-abiding citizens in America are being ruthlessly demonized...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/08/72-types-...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#972652 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your claim is the rebels are all Al Qaeda.
"A new video has surfaced online that purports to show a convoy of Libyan military and police vehicles -- more than two dozen in all -- rolling through the hometown of late dictator Moammar Gadhafi while bearing a flag similar to the infamous black banner of al Qaeda. "

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-flags-...

Have a nice day, Mr. Magoo!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#972653 Aug 29, 2013
mass incarceration is the new Jim Crow. On the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, here are some of the many reasons criminal justice is in fact one of the great civil rights crises of our time:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/08/28/2...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#972654 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> A barrel of oil as under $20 in the late 90's. It reached over $140/BBl in 2008. Thanks Bush.
and you were telling me to keep up?

2013 calling Duh a vey---cause YOU'RE Still about 5 years BEHIND the times!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#972655 Aug 29, 2013
Obama's "Red Line"!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

"The Obama administration's aggressive push to punish the Assad regime for an alleged chemical weapons attack last week was running into hurdles on Thursday, as Congress demanded a say in the decision and international support began to fray.

After the U.S. failed to win support for an anti-Assad resolution before the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday, President Obama's efforts were dealt another blow as allies France and Britain indicated they might wait until U.N. investigators finish before deciding the next step.

British Prime Minister David Cameron reportedly has backed off his goal of holding a swift, single vote in Parliament on Thursday, allowing for a second vote possibly next week.

The delay in London could prevent Obama from taking any action, as his administration has said it will not act unilaterally on Syria. U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says inspectors are leaving the country on Saturday, meaning any report from them is not likely until next week at the earliest.

But Obama is facing his own set of problems in Washington...

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/29/sy...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#972656 Aug 29, 2013
This is just to apologize for resorting to name calling yesterday in responding to a new poster - or an old poster with a new name.

It was uncalled for - but even I have my limits.

However, I regret stooping to that level. It's not my style and it won't happen again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min wojar 181,862
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,262
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,100
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 2 hr Searcy 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 49,236
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 4 hr Silk 87
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 4 hr barefoot2626 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago