Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,644)

Showing posts 892,861 - 892,880 of1,072,672
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape - Whites - 10,178.
Blacks - 4,925.
and so forth....
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
though once again...that 9 to 1 dui stat is especially disturbing.
I wonder if crime and problems in America were treated as American problems and not Black or White ,Male or Female Homosexual or Heterosexual but problems that need to be solved we would be better off and the bigots would be out of a job
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Booker T. Washington believed African-Americans should "concentrate all their energies on industrial education, and accumulation of wealth, and the conciliation of the South." He believed an "industrial" education would provide skills for jobs available to the majority of African-Americans.
He thought these skills would lay the foundation for the creation of stability the African-American community required in order to move forward.
He believed that "blacks would eventually gain full participation in society by showing themselves to be responsible, reliable American citizens."
Do you really think Washington would be happy with the continued dependence and the lack of skills or education in the black community today 100 years later?
Booker T. Washington was of the mind that if a person worked hard, got an education and stayed quiet that the white man would accept them. He was against organized protests and fights for civil rights. You have missed the point; the merits of the civil rights movement and the changes it evoked i.e. antidiscrimination laws.
While it is probably impossible to legislate away white supremacist racist behavior entirely; there are laws against it and people have a recourse.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape - Whites - 10,178.
Blacks - 4,925.
and so forth....
Rape?
Whites 4.55 per 100,000
Blacks 12.65 per 100,000
Almost 3 time the rate?

DUI? Hell you spend all your money on crack you can't own a car.....

Carjacking: 56% of carjackings are committed by blacks, 21% by whites.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
'first on the list would be owning up to your own fallibility.'
though as usual.....deflection.
hahahahahalolololol BS guy says 'first on the list would be owning up to your own fallibility.'
though as usual.....deflection hahahahahahalolololololo
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Should the gun rights of felons also be restored?
Yes I believe so; if the crime wasn't violent or murder. If a person ends up serving 5-10 years for a mandatory drug sentence where no violence was involved; he poses no threat to society; give him his life back.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton believes Iraq had weapons of mass destruction: Portugal PM
LISBON (AFP) Jan 09, 2004
Former US president Bill Clinton said in October during a visit to Portugal that he was convinced Iraq had weapons of mass destruction up until the fall of Saddam Hussein, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Manuel Durao Barroso said late Thursday.
"When Clinton was here recently he told me he was absolutely convinced, given his years in the White House and the access to privileged information which he had, that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction until the end of the Saddam regime," he said in an interview with Portuguese cable news channel SIC Noticias.
Difference is, Clinton wasn't stupid enough to invade Iraq and create an international disaster over what he 'thought'.

As we all know, there were no WMD's in Iraq, as even Bush admitted to.

Bush was the idiot who pushed the USA to an unjust war, one we are still recovering from.

And he left Iraq a failed State, with a Civil war brewing.

Bush opened Pandora's Box when he stupidly invaded Iraq, opening the door for all the rebellions and wars we've seen in the Middle East ever since Bush's stupid move.

Obama must deal with the problems unleashed by Bush's mishandling of the Middle East. Syria, for one. Libya, for another. Yemen, for more. Egypt for even more.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you on this one. Also, voting rights should be restored one a person has paid his debt to society.
Clearly the only way in which a person can be discriminated against for life is by making him a felon. It's not right.
Can you believe we agree on something? LOL
I have been an activist against children being tried as adults. I have fought the system for years in two states. Voting rights are restored in some states, but in those same states one can not ever pay their debt to society. Their record follows them for the rest of their lives. So IMO no one ever pays their debt to society, that is a fallacy.
Andrew Breitbart taught me you can always find common ground.:)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he's ready for national politics yet, but I do like him. Hillary polls as the front runner; I didn't think she was going to run, but it sure looks likely.
Booker has much more executive experience and national exposure than Obama had when he announced his candidacy.

The DemoKKKrat nominee in 2016 will be an Obama surrogate. Booker fits that role, not Hillary.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dubois was a Communist.
Wrong

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest discussion and addressing the problems in the black community is the only way to solve them. It's a good thing, Homer.
But you go ahead and keep it a big secret and deny there are problems not being addressed.
Just like a good little liberal.
Later.
Run, Batty, run...really; it'd do you good.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Hide Their Racist Disenfranchisement Efforts by Claiming MLK as Their Own
Every time a civil rights moment is commemorated, a Republican tries to take credit for it, as if somehow this will erase their utter contempt (evident in their policy and their rhetoric) for African Americans and minorities.
The 50th anniversary of the Dream is no different. Conservatives scampered to claim MLK, Jr. as a Republican. They claim black conservatives are giving rise to a “new civil rights movement” that oddly doesn’t include voting rights as an issue, but instead focuses conveniently on a “moral” message of independence and hard work. Somehow the voting rights will come to you if you just close your eyes and pray.
PolitiFact has to rate these Republican lies about Martin Luther King, Jr because they come around so often. They give it a big fat FALSE.
That didn’t stop black Republicans from trying to claim King again this year. It doesn’t seem to dawn on anyone in the party that the GOP doesn’t support anything that King stood for.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/28/republ...
No racists you cant claim MLK because you Promote everything MLK was AGAINST dont use your color to think you own AMERICAN HISTORY FOH clown no one owns MLK he was for ALL people not like if I had a son he would look like trayvon FOH bigot

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Hide Their Racist Disenfranchisement Efforts by Claiming MLK as Their Own
Every time a civil rights moment is commemorated, a Republican tries to take credit for it, as if somehow this will erase their utter contempt (evident in their policy and their rhetoric) for African Americans and minorities.
The 50th anniversary of the Dream is no different. Conservatives scampered to claim MLK, Jr. as a Republican. They claim black conservatives are giving rise to a “new civil rights movement” that oddly doesn’t include voting rights as an issue, but instead focuses conveniently on a “moral” message of independence and hard work. Somehow the voting rights will come to you if you just close your eyes and pray.
PolitiFact has to rate these Republican lies about Martin Luther King, Jr because they come around so often. They give it a big fat FALSE.
That didn’t stop black Republicans from trying to claim King again this year. It doesn’t seem to dawn on anyone in the party that the GOP doesn’t support anything that King stood for.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/28/republ...
Barack O'bama just got saying that MLK would not like all the black unemployment--again I ask? who has been in charge for 4 1/2 years? mmm mmm mmm.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the POTUS will simply send a few cruise missiles to hit military assets. Bush launched an invasion which resulted in the deaths of over 5k US Serviceman and woman and cost billions
Just keep kissing the azzes of those old blue blood Andover/Ivy League graduates who control the GOP and maybe some day they'll let your daughter service their pets. LOL
...put this turd in the pro-war column
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape?
Whites 4.55 per 100,000
Blacks 12.65 per 100,000
Almost 3 time the rate?
Hi Grampy,
Interesting article on Aaron Hernandez in Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangs...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Because of ObamaKare,health care costs have risen and will continue to rise. Thanks to Obama,there will be no health care reform. At least not for many years,when people finally realize that the working people can't afford to send over half of the wages to the government.
Actually, the rise in rates have dropped significantly since Obamacare came on the scene. And the best is yet to come!

Health Insurance Costs were rising at double digit annual rates during the Bush years. And he did nothing. DUH

But you've always been an idiot, Frank. We wouldn't expect you to change now.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape - Whites - 10,178.
Blacks - 4,925.
and so forth....
The bigot sees white and black MLK saw 15,000+ AMERICANS RAPED urban logical bigot and thats how you end racism not by promoting BIGOTRY with stats

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape?
Whites 4.55 per 100,00ble
Blacks 12.65 per 100,000
Almost 3 time the rate?
Perpetrator or victim Guess we just need fewer whites to make the statistics more comparable. You know, that the current American population five and younger is 50% Hispanic?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
'first on the list would be owning up to your own fallibility.'
though as usual.....deflection.
My own fallibility? Mine? Okay you got me. I guess my biggest faults are working 50+ hours a week to feed my honor student children while living in a house that barely meets our needs but hey its a house I could afford. No f'in silver spoon here Sonic. So tell me, oh wise one, what fallibility should I own up to?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest discussion and addressing the problems in the black community is the only way to solve them. It's a good thing, Homer.
But you go ahead and keep it a big secret and deny there are problems not being addressed.
Just like a good little liberal.
Later.
Honest discussion is good. But you never practice honest discussion. You practice racial hatred and divisiveness. Your track record is quite clear, even through the smoke haze.

Your racist attacks using Teabagger inspired hateful talking points is destructive.

You are a filthy unAmerican POS, with hatred in your heart.

Jesus will punish you severely.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...as if Homer has, except on Topix.
Homer grew up poor, I can only relate from that aspect as for being black in America I never made claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 892,861 - 892,880 of1,072,672
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 173,705
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Le Jimbo 45,526
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min Go Blue Forever 97,450
Feds Investigate “Racist” Depiction of Obama as... 47 min Zombie Bama 1
Amy July 12 49 min PEllen 6
A wealthy white woman feeding a black child 'li... 58 min Woof Woof 1
U.S. Military develops first-ever guided .50 ca... 1 hr Watch the video 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••