Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
892,761 - 892,780 of 1,100,254 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#972026 Aug 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Booker is already running to be the first openly homosexual POTUS.
Hillary will never see the truck that hits her.
Typical Nobraina.

Makes Accusations without basis of facts or benefit of a brain.

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz is considering a run for Prime Minister of Canada, because he can't run for President in the USA.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#972027 Aug 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we should stay out of it, as awful as it is, but I think there is unsurmountable international pressure for us to do something. I feel it's a civil war; let them all kill each other until the end. See what happens.
I'm still reeling over the fact you and I agree on something.

But we don't know who used chemical weapons and for whose benefit or who to side with, sadly for those caught in the middle.

It might even make the world see us differently. Instead of being the "imperialists" or "cowboys", we actually are the peacekeepers.

However, Obama should not have supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Do you agree?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972028 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Because it doesn't fit into her mission. There is a wealth of information on the theories of Booker T. Washington and the differences in philosophy between him and W.E.B. Dubois.
She might not make such a damn fool of herself if she ever read any books on the subject rather than pick out a quote to serve her interest.
she didn't pick the quote. the Tea Party did.

another non-denial denial.'But, but, the other guy!'

Orlando, FL

#972029 Aug 28, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Juan Williams who got angry at whites for crossing the street to avoid walking by blacks, saying it was discrimination??
Then went on to say he crosses the street to avoid passing by Muslims?
You mean THAT selective racist Juan Williams??
You figure your collecting early Social Security at 62 is pulling your own weight??
You give back to society by spending 5 years on Topix, with no social life, by your own admission?
Where's the volunteer work you preached about before you retired to get your Social Security check??
You get crazier by the day, smokey. Have a cigarette. And a nice piece of pie. Good for the diabetes.
Destroy your health so you can spend more time in the hospital, loser.
Juan Williams would call you a liar and a racist. And so do I.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#972030 Aug 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe this will help you discern whatever right wing talking point it is that you're fumbling for.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
i still have yet to get an answer about what's up with white folks and their drinking while driving. once i saw that stat i quit driving which is quite inconvenient i'll have you know. and it cost a lot to fuel the helicopter just to take a trip to the mini-mart.
How do you solve the Problems in Black america you think your bigotted agenda solved Black Peoples problem in the Past Martin Luther King faced more racism than you or Obama will ever face MLK would have never been president however Obama would never have become president if not for KING so your distraction president and your distracting platform of racism and bigotry still doesnt solve anything and thats why I call you all JIM CROW DEMOCRATS because you defend obama with racism at the demise of the Black community
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#972031 Aug 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
(Sorry for the lengthy post...)
Leosnana tried to run me into the ground a few years ago because I happened to mention the same observation.
You see some of the most fancy "pimped up" cars around town with all the bells and whistles and can't help but think that a successful black man would not be driving something that gaudy and, if so, where did a young black man get that kind of money?
Selling drugs more than likely but it still makes you wonder.
A lower income middle class couple has to save enough money for a down payment on a house (unless one of them is a veteran), but if their income were just a little bit lower to qualify for a government loan, there'd be loans coming out the wazoo with cheaper mortgages.
No one disparages anyone from buying a home. But it does send the wrong message that there are perks to wanting less to get more. It does take a certain mentality of not minding being dependent on others for whatever reason - and sometimes it is for good reason - but most people would rather not be in that category and try to get by on their own with what they have.
There are many blacks who don't fall into that category either. But there are a significant number who do.
The real disparity it would seem is working just a little bit harder to make a little more money to get by on your own rather than being happy with less to get help from taxpayers including those who do work harder just to get by.
If I kept hearing the same message that it's somebody else's fault that I'm a victim, it'd probably be easier for me to jump on the government dependency bandwagon too.
But I'm in the white middle class category, so there's no one to blame and I have no choice but to pull my own weight.
Then again, I was expected to get an education, become independent and give back to society all my life.
Which is exactly what's lacking in many urban areas in the black community.
Like it or not liberals. Just ask Juan Williams.
(Also sorry if it posted twice...)
Oh, poor me poor me.

What afkn loser you are__your entire message during the past six years is that your failures rest on the shoulders of others. What was it that Gene Hackman's character in Mississippi Burning said about scumbags like you?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972033 Aug 28, 2013
When did Carol Aunt Batty become and expert on the black community? Is everyone black and white insulted by this?

Orlando, FL

#972034 Aug 28, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR! Members of Congress and their staffs are covered by the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program which offers a choice of coverage programs and which are paid for by payroll deductions and their employer which happens to be the Federal government. They aren't Cadillac programs stupid, they're whatever program the individual feels is appropriate and what they can afford.
If your husband's coverage sucks, don't blame the government blame the employer for offering a low ball program.
Oh, for heaven's sake. Who do you think is the government in this country? And pays for all government employees?

No wonder you're so confused. They work for us. Something Obama's team apparently doesn't even know.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#972035 Aug 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe this will help you discern whatever right wing talking point it is that you're fumbling for.
i still have yet to get an answer about what's up with white folks and their drinking while driving. once i saw that stat i quit driving which is quite inconvenient i'll have you know. and it cost a lot to fuel the helicopter just to take a trip to the mini-mart.
where are the hispanics? you know the illegals? the brown people? the fence jumpers? the precious democrat voters? they are really don't exist huh?

Location hidden

#972036 Aug 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>

We went into Iraq under similar circumstances - biochemical weapons had been used on innocents and for humanitarian reasons.

But if Iraq and Iran had been killing each other off, more than likely we wouldn't have interfered then and waited for the outcome - even if many innocents sadly would have been caught in the middle of these two enemies fighting each other.
We went into Iraq 20 years after Saddam had used chemical weapons. DUH

It happened when Reagan was President, and Reagan chose to do nothing about it.

Bush picked it up nearly 20 years later and tried to use it as an excuse, after his other rationales were proven wrong.

Look it up, nitwit. You've got your head firmly stuffed up your ass again.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972037 Aug 28, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Population demographics reveal that there are 5.75 whites for every black. So your 2-1 ratio in actual numbers is crap!
How about world homicide rates per 100,000?
Africa 17.0
Americas 15.4
Asia 3.1
Europe 3.5
Oceania 2.9
World 6.9
Where all de Black folks be livin? Africa and the Americas?
As for:'Given this mathematical truth, would anyone encourage African Americans to begin shooting suspicious white males in their neighborhoods for fear that they'll be raped, assaulted or murdered?'
No, let them just continue shooting any whites that strays into the hood for their cars, money, cell phones, sneakers, etc.
Rape - Whites - 10,178.

Blacks - 4,925.

and so forth....

though once again...that 9 to 1 dui stat is especially disturbing.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#972038 Aug 28, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I think it's extremely funny how they constantly confuse doctors with insurance companies. RealDave is the worst. Followed by Lilly. They complain about insurance companies making a profit then turn around and insist everybody pay the insurance companies. Going to the doctor and paying the doctor is a foreign concept to them.
Your thinking health insurance is just prepaid healthcare is beyond stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972039 Aug 28, 2013
Using the Covered California website cost calculator, a 25-yer old earning $35,000 will pay $231/month for a silver plan.

For this he/she gets the following:

$2,000 annual medical deductible
$45 primary care visit copay
$65 specialty care visit copay
$90 urgent care visit copay
$250 emergency care copay
$6,350 maximum annual out-of-pocket cost

What a great deal?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#972040 Aug 28, 2013
I love how the non racists Wrappers push Drugs Liqure violence unhealthy sexual behaviour and the demise of the Black community for the Bigots and no one in the urban community care because they look like the people they have destroyed and continue to destroy i wonder if the Bigot sonicfilth sees that point of view or is he stuck with self hate that he thinks is Pride

Location hidden

#972041 Aug 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still reeling over the fact you and I agree on something.
But we don't know who used chemical weapons and for whose benefit or who to side with, sadly for those caught in the middle.
It might even make the world see us differently. Instead of being the "imperialists" or "cowboys", we actually are the peacekeepers.
However, Obama should not have supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Do you agree?
Show us where Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood, liar.

The Muslim Brogherhood won all 5 national elections in Egypt since the fall of Mubarek.

The Egyptian people chose the Muslim Brotherhood. Obama has to deal with whoever wins an election, proof being he still deals with the communist KGB murderer Putin.

Let's see your proof, you lyin' sack of shit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972042 Aug 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is subject to taxation now nor are there plans to tax it.You admitted it.
So really, What's your f*cking point with blabbing about it.
You proved yourself wrong already.
Show us where the ACA says to will tax individuals for their employer supplied healthcare benefits.
40% tax beginning in 2018

http://www.uhc.com/united_for_reform_resource...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972043 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Because it doesn't fit into her mission. There is a wealth of information on the theories of Booker T. Washington and the differences in philosophy between him and W.E.B. Dubois.
She might not make such a damn fool of herself if she ever read any books on the subject rather than pick out a quote to serve her interest.
Dubois was a Communist.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#972044 Aug 28, 2013
Some of the reforms Booker is advocating:
•Step up the national conversation on decriminalizing marijuana.
•Eliminate mandatory minimum sentences for low-level drug offenders.
•Eliminate the sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and powder cocaine.
•Increase federal funding for drug and community courts that divert low-level drug offenders from prison.
•Work to end the use of private prisons.
•Help inmates and their families maintain functional relationships, by making phone calls financially accessible, providing domestic abuse and counseling classes and working to incarcerate inmates in facilities as close to their families as possible.
•Pass the Voter Empowerment Act of 2013 to restore federal voting rights to the formerly incarcerated.
•Help formerly incarcerated individuals reenter society and find employment.
•Increase grant funding for the Department of Justice's Community Oriented Policing Services, which is designed to assist law enforcement agencies in implementing community-based policing.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/28/cory...
There are many ways for incarcerated individuals to re-enter society, the problem is the government never allows you to clear your name or pay your debt to society. The blacks and whites who have done their crime and paid their time are treated like criminals for the rest of their lives. Why not clear them? In liberal Illinois it does not matter if you committed a crime 20 years ago. They still use the 'no matter how small' crime to compound with all crimes committed in ones life, even if it was when the person was a kid. You could be a model citizen for years but the crime follows one for life. It keeps the people down and never allows a clean slate.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972045 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Prove that he is gay.
No proof yet, but Booker is very evasive on that issue while he decides whether it is to his political advantage. Could be a game changer if Hillary is foolish enough to challenge him.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#972046 Aug 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>where are the hispanics? you know the illegals? the brown people? the fence jumpers? the precious democrat voters? they are really don't exist huh?
You mean the Cubans?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 12 min kyjeepman 1,453
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min SpaceBlues 46,324
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 30 min Dems Suk 1,904
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 33 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 34 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 45 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info