Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,627)

Showing posts 892,521 - 892,540 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, say you get health Insurance coverage thru BC/BS that your employer pays 75% of the cost. It is part of your benefit package.
So, your employer then decides instead to no longer use BC/BS & opts to go to Aetna.
Won't they still cover 75%?
The White House did not offer to pay, Congress did. They did it when they defined the employee benefit package. Congress also decided to switch from their current supplier options to the options in the exchange.
Obama had nothing to do with that. Republicans added that stipulation to the ACA & all the Democrats voted for that amendment.
You right whiners should really become better informed.
That contribution my employer makes will soon be counted as income to me, and I'll have to pay taxes on it. This will give me less money to put into the real economy, and more money for the government to waste and put into the pockets of crony thieves.

Now, please tell us why every Democrat in Congress hates ObamaKare.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

President Barack Obama said in an interview published Tuesday that his signature legislative achievement would have been backed by Martin Luther King.

Ahead of Obama's address Wednesday that will commemorate the 50th anniversary of King's "I Have A Dream" speech, radio host Tom Joyner asked the President what the civil rights icon would have said about the new federal health care law widely known as Obamacare.

"Oh, he would like that," Obama said. "Well, because I think he understood that health care, health security is not a privilege; it’s something that in a country as wealthy as ours, everybody should have access to."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Carol , none of these articles has anything to say on whether Iraq had an active WMD program prior to our invasion but only that they existed in the past. In fact you seem to have missed this little gem;
"Bush later said that the biggest regret of his presidency was "the intelligence failure" in Iraq,[17] while the Senate Intelligence Committee found in 2008 that his administration "misrepresented the intelligence and the threat from Iraq".[18] A key CIA informant in Iraq admitted that he lied about his allegations, "then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war".[19]

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a catch 22! I understand &, support the need for intervention in the civil war in Syria, in which America got the ball rolling in the first place but, in the hood, there's a saying " I got my mind right, money right, ready for war." America's not at a collective so, our mind's not right. We're also deep in debt so, our money's not right which leaves us incapable of war at this present time. Other countries recognize our weakness &, are doing their best to exploit them. You have to build home &, take care of home before you commit to such a thing. I think we should mind our business on this one. We're not strong enough to go to war with another superpower. Russia is backing Syria. This has the propensity to get very ugly!
So, you support Al Qaeda and support Obama's effort to help them acquire chemical weapons, right?

It's not a civil war in Syria. The opposition to the Assad government is mostly Al Qaeda insurgents who invaded Syria and are trying to take over the country. If the Assad government falls, it will be Al Qaeda that replaces it and gains control of the chemical weapons facilities and stockpiles.

Besides, nobody knows who used the chemical weapons. It could very well have been Al Qaeda. After all, they've massacred a few villages already in Syria.

Both are enemies of the United States. We don't have a dog in that fight. If we get involved, we should kill the people who want to kill you just because you're an American. That means we should help Assad kill Al Qaeda, moron.

Most Americans don't support Al Qaeda, and don't want to see Al Qaeda take over another country like they took over Afghanistan while the Taliban was the figurehead government.

It's only treasonous dupes like you that support Al Qaeda.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You dudes are complete switch siders. Wasn't it a campaign tactic to attack Obama for wanting to bring the troops home, painting him as too incompetent to understand foreign policy &, times of war? Now you're screaming " bring the troops home as a party slogan, just to be in opposition of Obama. Iyour whole demeanor reeks of hypocrisy!
Agreed!! That whole democraptic election spiel of "Bring the troops home" absolutely(!)REEKS, to the moon even, of hypocrisy. About as valid as "stopping the oceans from rising" and the rest of the blah blah blah anything to get poliTically relected rhetoric.

Best define I've seen of what we have now:

Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy]

A system of government where:

1. The least capable to lead are elected by those least capable of producing, and

2. Where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated [taxed] wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

When a state reaches a position in which enough (~50%) of it’s citizens rely on the largesse of the state for their continued sustenance, the form of government becomes one of “ineptocracy”.

In summary:“Government of the people, by the least capable, for the least productive”.

----------
Looking FORWARD-

CHRISTIE/PAUL/Napolotano/Uncle Joe(s) et al 2016!

Real Leadership FOR ALL of America again, not divide AGAINST it!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Why Republicans Are Starting to Love Health Reform

Turns out a lot of Republicans love Obamacare. Or at least, they like coverage for their kids, health-care rebates and a ban on denying coverage for preexisting conditions.

In the old days, they used to say that a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged by reality. When it comes to health insurance, it seems a liberal is a conservative who has been mugged by an illness.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are blabbing about the Middle East & possible US action.
At the same time,you promote the lie that Obama backed the Muslim Brotherhood.
It is a lie. You know it. So either provide some prove or STFU.
STFU?
Yep STFU.
The moe you right whiners present that lie, the more likely people in the Middle East might think it is true & hurt our position on that region.
But hey, what else would I expect from an Anti American clan like the Tea Party.
I know, you can press your Republican buddies to pass a resolution against military action in Syria unless Obamacare is repealed. That would be par for the course for the pathetic Republican/Tea Party.
Just one example:

Before President Barack Obama departed for Israel earlier this year, he took time to consult with Mohamed Magid.
White House officials have praised Magid's organization, ISNA, as a pillar of the American-Muslim community.
We know from the Muslim Brotherhood's own documents that ISNA is a Muslim Brotherhood front -- they say that explicitly in one of their 1991 secret memos. Internal Muslim Brotherhood documents, captured by the FBI, name ISNA as one of 29 American-Muslim organizations with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.
They said their work in America is “a kind of grand jihad, in eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within.”

Obama is a key player in this “grand jihad”.

ISNA began in 1982 in Plainfield, Ind. A founding member, Sami al Arian, was convicted in a U.S. federal court of conspiring to support the terror group, Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
Adurahman Alamoudi also worked closely with ISNA for years. He's currently serving a federal prison sentence for funding al Qaeda.
ISNA's founders were even given a tour of the White House in March 2013.

In short, Obama is part of the jihad, and is working toward the destruction of the evil United States.

Perhaps that explains why Iraq devolved into chaos and the Taliban are once again a threat in Afghanistan, and Al Qaeda went from hiding in caves to taking over countries since Obama was made president.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you support Al Qaeda and support Obama's effort to help them acquire chemical weapons, right?
It's not a civil war in Syria. The opposition to the Assad government is mostly Al Qaeda insurgents who invaded Syria and are trying to take over the country. If the Assad government falls, it will be Al Qaeda that replaces it and gains control of the chemical weapons facilities and stockpiles.
Besides, nobody knows who used the chemical weapons. It could very well have been Al Qaeda. After all, they've massacred a few villages already in Syria.
Both are enemies of the United States. We don't have a dog in that fight. If we get involved, we should kill the people who want to kill you just because you're an American. That means we should help Assad kill Al Qaeda, moron.
Most Americans don't support Al Qaeda, and don't want to see Al Qaeda take over another country like they took over Afghanistan while the Taliban was the figurehead government.
It's only treasonous dupes like you that support Al Qaeda.
treasonous dupes....

A big group of foreign policy experts, from across the ideological spectrum, is calling on President Obama to impose "meaningful consequences on the Assad regime" for their use of chemical weapons.

The signatories on the letter addressed to President Obama inlcude Senator Joe Lieberman, Bernard-Henri Levy, Karl Rove, Bill Kristol, Elliott Abrams, Leon Wieseltier, and many others. Right now, 66 experts have signed the letter.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/experts-o...

i see some right wing traitors in that list.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and there aren't even many 50s museums.
Speaking of-I skimmed an article in a New England mag yesterday--retro 50's stuff...in shades of pshycodelic laundromat hues, embellished with surgical steel accessories.

Brrrr...WTH trip were some of THEM on back then?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Little did Obama voters know that what the President really meant to say during his initial campaign was:“I hope no one notices how I change after I sucker them into voting me into office with empty promises about upholding the Constitution.”
There has been a great deal of Internet chatter in recent months about the massive difference between Senator Barack Obama and President Barack Obama. In light of the National Security Agency Spying revelations and what appears to be a looming military engagement in Syria, a 2007 Boston Globe interview with Senator Obama is a paramount example of how the President has changed— or, perhaps, of how he lied his way into the White House.
Here are a few key Obama statements from the interview:
The Supreme Court has never held that the president has such powers. As president, I will follow existing law, and when it comes to U.S. citizens and residents, I will only authorize surveillance for national security purposes consistent with FISA and other federal statutes.
The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.
As Commander-in-Chief, the President does have a duty to protect and defend the United States. In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent.
Warrantless surveillance of American citizens, in defiance of FISA, is unlawful and unconstitutional.
I believe the [Bush] Administration’s use of executive authority to over-classify information is a bad idea. We need to restore the balance between the necessarily secret and the necessity of openness in our democracy – which is why I have called for a National Declassification Center.
Any President takes an oath to,“preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” The American people need to know where we stand on these issues before they entrust us with this responsibility – particularly at a time when our laws, our traditions, and our Constitution have been repeatedly challenged by this [the Bush] Administration.
Read the full interview here.
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2008/spec...
Little did Obama voters know that what the President really meant to say during his initial campaign was:“I hope no one notices how I change after I sucker them into voting me into office with empty promises about upholding the Constitution.”
*I guess what you are saying is O'bama lied because he is black. er eh well I I I um see I I I well?
Should've heard one of those poitus supporters on the tube last night, trying to justify nuclear arm WARHEAD missiles as anything else--EXCEPT for what they ARE.(nuclear WARhead missiles).
Slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

Pa-the-Tic.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
treasonous dupes....
A big group of foreign policy experts, from across the ideological spectrum, is calling on President Obama to impose "meaningful consequences on the Assad regime" for their use of chemical weapons.
The signatories on the letter addressed to President Obama inlcude Senator Joe Lieberman, Bernard-Henri Levy, Karl Rove, Bill Kristol, Elliott Abrams, Leon Wieseltier, and many others. Right now, 66 experts have signed the letter.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/experts-o...
i see some right wing traitors in that list.
A larger group of foreign policy experts are speaking the truth and telling everyone it isn't a civil war in Syria, but an Al Qaeda invasion attempting to take over the country.

How do you know it wasn't Al Qaeda that used the chemical weapons?

If the Assad government falls, Al Qaeda will take over the government and all the chemical weapon facilities and stores.

Do you support Obama's efforts to help Al Qaeda acquire chemical weapons?

Or, do you think we should be killing Al Qaeda wherever we find them?

If we get involved in any way, we should kill Al Qaeda. They are still at war with the United States and will kill you only because you are an American.
Obama is ok with that. In fact, Obama is helping Al Qaeda acquire chemical weapons so they can kill a lot of other Americans when they kill you.

Or, you can tell us why Al Qaeda wants to kill me, and you, for some reason, believe they don't want to kill you.
In Al Qaeda's world, what's the difference between me and you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of-I skimmed an article in a New England mag yesterday--retro 50's stuff...in shades of pshycodelic laundromat hues, embellished with surgical steel accessories.
Brrrr...WTH trip were some of THEM on back then?
'The Wave of the Future'

sci-fi was the new genre of the day.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

WalMart to offer benefits to domestic partners

What oh what will the libtards do?
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Americans stamp “In God we trust” on money. Pray tell?, what do they trust God to do? And has anyone ever checked to see if He/She/It is doing it or even ever has? Certainly, Americans do not expect He/Her/It to bring victory in battle. The outcome of America’s wars since the end of WWII has not been especially favorable; yet war is a frequent and normal American activity (see list) in spite of James Madison’s warning:

“Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”

But America is not alone. In the Encyclopedia of Wars, Phillips and Axelrod present a comprehensive list of 1,763 wars. Many of these wars have religious aspects.

Warfare and organized religion have arisen together; the ability to fight wars is part of any tribal structure that is capable of supporting concerted, large-scale enterprises.

In the ancient world, each city state had its own ruling and protecting god. Warfare between these cities was conceived of as warfare between the cities’ gods. People, like ants, lived for the sake of the tribe.

Although America calls itself a “secular” nation, claiming to “trust in God” is a throwback to earlier eras in human history. Is this God in whom we trust supposed to be our protector? Is the War on Terror a religious, a holy war, a bellum sacrum, a war between gods? Is it a cultural war? In spite of all the denials, this war could very easily be called the Ninth Crusade. European wars against Muslims have always have always been cultural about expelling Islam from the “Holy Land,” where, in fact, nothing is holy, These wars are battles between incompatible cultures. Why is this war on terror different? In fact, the U.N.’s placement in of Israel in Palestine could have been just another attempt to attain the goal denied to the West’s warfare, and the West’s defense of Israel, just another attempt to hold on to the conquests of the Eight Days War. Trouble is, its not working out very well. Instead of conquering the region, we have converted it into a perpetual battlefield.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

America’s decline is well-known to any astute person. Fareed Zakaria wrote a article about it for Time Magazine in 2011. He asks,“Are America’s Best Days Behind Us?”, and writes,“most Americans operate on the assumption that the U.S. is still No. 1. But is it?... our 15-year-olds rank 17th in the world in science and 25th in math. We rank 12th among developed countries in college graduation .... We come in 79th in elementary-school enrollment. Our infrastructure is ranked 23rd in the world.... American health numbers are stunning for a rich country:... we’re 27th in life expectancy, 18th in diabetes and first in obesity....”

What is America best at? America has the most guns, the most crime among rich countries, the highest incarceration rate and the largest total prison population, the largest amount of debt, the largest economy (which merely means Americans buy more stuff than other people), and the most powerful military. And, Oh, yes:“The United States has produced most of the greatest movies that the world has ever seen.” Isn’t that wonderful? Aren’t you proud to be an American? Don’t you want the whole world to be like us?

The sad thing is that Islam also has its faults, but, of course, Muslims don’t think so. To them, Islam is the way of life given to mankind by Allah. Therefore it is a perfect way of life, with no error, since Allah has no faults.

But Islam is authoritarian, its people have no rights, civil or human, and it is deterministic since the individual’s sole purpose is to identify and carry out God’s plan. A person is merely a cog in God’s machine.

So the human race’s prospects for the outcome of this war are dismal. Neither Islam nor Western “Christianity” nor any religiously based proposal will rescue us. Only humanism will. Trusting in God is futile. God no longer lurks on Olympus. What needs to be defended is not a country or even wealth; it is the Earth’s environment and the human race itself.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

On the same day that Secretary of State John Kerry announces that we have to bomb Syria because the use of chemical weapons violate international rules, it was revealed that CIA files prove that the U.S. supported Saddam Hussein’s use of chemical weapons against Iran.

The irony is stunning …

The U.S. literally defines terrorism as other people doing what we ourselves do.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That contribution my employer makes will soon be counted as income to me, and I'll have to pay taxes on it. This will give me less money to put into the real economy, and more money for the government to waste and put into the pockets of crony thieves.
Now, please tell us why every Democrat in Congress hates ObamaKare.
1) You do not pay income tax on your healthcare benefit nor are there any plan to start doing so. Another lie you posted.

2) Democrats do not hate Obamacare. There is no basis for that claim. No, your spam e-mails do not count as a basis.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Those Condemning Syria Have Themselves Recently Used Chemical Weapons
We condemn all use of chemical weapons.

But the U.S. used chemical weapons against civilians in Iraq in 2004. Evidence here, here, here, here,here, here.

Israeli also used white phosphorous in 2009 during “Operation Cast Lead”(and perhaps subsequently). Israel ratified Protocol III of Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (“Protocol III”)– which outlaws the use of incendiary devices in war – in 2007. So this was a war crime.

Moreover, the 1925 Geneva Protocol (which is different from Protocol III) prohibits “the use in war of asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases”.

The use of White phosphorus (“WP”) may also be a war crime under other international treaties and domestic U.S. laws. For example, the Battle Book, published by the U.S. Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, contains the following sentence:“It is against the law of land warfare to employ WP against personnel targets.”

The U.S. National Safety Council states that “White phosphorus is a poison ... If its combustion occurs in a confined space, white phosphorus will remove the oxygen from the air and render the air unfit to support life ... It is considered a dangerous disaster hazard because it emits highly toxic fumes. The EPA has listed white phosphorus as a Hazardous Air Pollutant.

Indeed, it is interesting to note that the U.S. previously called white phosphorous a chemical weapon when Saddam used it against the Kurds. Interestingly, it has just come out that the U.S. encouragedSaddam’s use of chemical weapons.

Moreover, the U.S. and Britain have been dropping depleted uranium in virtually every country they fight, which causes severe health problems. See this, this, this and this.

And Israel has been accused of using depleted uranium in Syria.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. But it is hypocritical for the U.S., Britain and Israel to say that we should bomb Syria because the government allegedly used chemical weapons.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
WalMart to offer benefits to domestic partners
What oh what will the libtards do?
To those who qualify for healthcare benefits.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish. You wish.
Bush started the fire by invading Iraq and turning it into shiite run place, beholden to Iran. Remember when he said they had WMD's, including chemical weapons? But later admitted he was wrong. But justified it by claiming Saddam was a bad man because he gassed the Kurds, with Reagan's help. That was 20 years earlier.
Now you say we should ignore Syria's use of chemical weapons? Assad isn't a bad man? He uses chemical weapons on his own people and we should ignore it?
I'm afraid we can't. Even sane Republiclowns in Congress agree. Assad has become too dangerous to leave in place. I hope a cruise missile goes right up his ass.
WRONG.

Saddam started the fire when he depleted his own nation into failed statehood-then invaded Kuwait in a bully attack because HE was "beholden" to Kuwait for STEALINg that which was not of his own countries, which then required allied national aid from other countries to drive Saddam back over into his own cess pool mess of failed statehood and chemical use on 5000 Kurds turned into whey--- which then perpetuated further instigation of the already ingrained hatred in bin_laden et al...which then led to the 9/11 attacks, much to Ahmajinadog of Irans glee as well--which then lead to JUSTIFIABLE reasons for U.S.presence in mid east regions (UNLIKE Libya) with actual plans in place on time lines etc....

UNTIL...enter current opotus and his "Arab Spring" promotional program of anarchy, destruction and aiding and abetting failed statehood (kind of like the THUG mentalcases of the Occupy Anyone elses Anything gutter streeter anarchists) of allowing for further infiltrations of terrorist orgs through out the region.

And now an even more PROMINENT point being-
It's NOT even known for sure-WHO implemented chemical weaponary, but many are leaning towards it being the terrorist insurgents!!!

Not NO-but HELL NO-- we have NO business adding ANY missiles to the MESS of Syria.

NONE.

There's absolutely NO JUSTIFIABLE reason to ADD more DAMAGE to a population of SOMe (but not all ) innocent people already SUFFERING.

NONE WHATSOEVER.

The Syria situation is U.N. realms-NOT your Messiah Obumblers-- and INTERPOL should be handling the extradition of Assad. NOT-NOT-NOT ANY other country.

IMPEACH, IMPEACH, IMPEACH...and let someone who wants to work for the UNITED STATES do the JOB of POTUS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 892,521 - 892,540 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Terry rigsby 48,821
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min LRS 174,410
Abby 7-22 34 min Cass 5
Voice of God Weapon 35 min I Told U Not 2 Emulate ME 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min RACE 97,508
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 51 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 51 min Straw Boss 2
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000