Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
892,341 - 892,360 of 1,080,047 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again! Saddam did have chemical weapons. The person he got them from is your idol, Ronald Reagan! America saw no problem with it back when he was our go to guy of the region. Only after Saddam bitched Bush41 did America have a problem with the factual evidence that, Saddam was using chemical weapons on his own people! The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That's the republican way &, history proves it. Same circumstances, same result for Muammar Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden. Reagan have Saddam his wmds during the Iraq-Iran war. Why do you think Saddam had influence over Iran? Iran knew they had to deal with aid from the US if tensions got too high. Why do you think Iran is now our primary threat? Because the asshole Bush took away the lion tamer! America wasn't even worried about Iran before Bush's mistake that still haunts America till this day. History 101! Not your story!
Eh Raider-Iran had the U.S. on it's radar-applauding 9/11 loudly just days after 9/11.

Don't let the delusional, clueless evile type demoncrats fool you.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading and posting on topix for 5-6 years, phags like you have left virtually NOTHING about the gay lifestyle "unexplored" (so what is there to be curious about??).
Well, there are Sonic's "tongue studs" I guess (whatever they are).....
That's the TRUE level of those types and their patheTic vile existences. It's all they have.
And a Poisonous lot they are.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I have many pet names for my husband, but turkey baster isn't one of them...of never mind, you wouldn't get it, it's a straight thing.
If these arent already on the list, try out:

1)"Spook"
2)"Monk"
3)"Professor Zaius"
4)"Bubbles"

He should at least identify with some (if not all) of those....
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...and what happens if Syria retaliates in self-defense, or if Russia comes to the aid of their ally?
How about going to Congress for a declaration of war before starting the war?
Congress ought to be working on IMPEACHMENT now as well (just for that very reason!)

BREACH OF THE WAR POWERS ACT...as well as breaching INTERNATIONAL LAW.

WTF are they all??????????
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

??????????
The U.S. Smells like COMMIETICS out of Control!!!!!!!!!

The Constitution of the United States divides the war powers of the federal government between the Executive and Legislative branches: the President is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces (Article II, section 2), while Congress has the power to make declarations of war, and to raise and support the armed forces (Article I, section 8). Over time, questions arose as to the extent of the President's authority to deploy U.S. armed forces into hostile situations abroad without a declaration of war or some other form of Congressional approval. Congress passed the War Powers Resolution in the aftermath of the Vietnam War to address these concerns and provide a set of procedures for both the President and Congress to follow in situations where the introduction of U.S. forces abroad could lead to their involvement in armed conflict.

Conceptually, the War Powers Resolution can be broken down into several distinct parts. The first part states the policy behind the law, namely to "insure that the collective judgment of both the Congress and the President will apply to the introduction of United States Armed Forces into hostilities," and that the President's powers as Commander in Chief are exercised only pursuant to a declaration of war, specific statutory authorization from Congress, or a national emergency created by an attack upon the United States (50 USC Sec. 1541).

The second part requires the President to consult with Congress before introducing U.S. armed forces into hostilities or situations where hostilities are imminent, and to continue such consultations as long as U.S. armed forces remain in such situations (50 USC Sec. 1542). The third part sets forth reporting requirements that the President must comply with any time he introduces U.S. armed forces into existing or imminent hostilities (50 USC Sec. 1543); section 1543(a)(1) is particularly significant because it can trigger a 60 day time limit on the use of U.S. forces under section 1544(b).

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Iím anticipating another Obama speech how about you Guys? Liberals if we fire cruise missiles are drop stuff on Syria isnít that an act of War?
Why are you addressing your question to "liberals"? It's your Republican candidate for president, John McCain, who is calling for the firing of cruise missiles and grandstanding about Obama's lack of immediate response to the obliteration of his "red line."

You people really don't know what you want. If Obama authorizes a missile strike you will accuse him of an "act of war". If he chooses to pursue continued diplomatic efforts, you will accuse him of undermining America's credibility in the world. Republicans are such a confused little bunch of cretins.

One thing for sure, Syria has violated the basic rule of international law by its use of chemical weapons and a U.S. military action in concert with a response by an international coalition of NATO allies (Germany, France and Britain) and Arab League nations would certainly be warranted. Ill advised perhaps but certainly justified.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

A bit of Impeachment 101 History.

On February 24, 1868, the U.S House of Representatives voted to impeach President Andrew Johnson. A week later the House approved 11 articles of impeachment, accusing the president of Obstruction of Justice, thwarting duly enacted federal laws, improvidently removing military governors from the southern states, and attempting to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt, and reproach the Congress of the United States.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you addressing your question to "liberals"? It's your Republican candidate for president, John McCain, who is calling for the firing of cruise missiles and grandstanding about Obama's lack of immediate response to the obliteration of his "red line."
You people really don't know what you want. If Obama authorizes a missile strike you will accuse him of an "act of war". If he chooses to pursue continued diplomatic efforts, you will accuse him of undermining America's credibility in the world. Republicans are such a confused little bunch of cretins.
One thing for sure, Syria has violated the basic rule of international law by its use of chemical weapons and a U.S. military action in concert with a response by an international coalition of NATO allies (Germany, France and Britain) and Arab League nations would certainly be warranted. Ill advised perhaps but certainly justified.
INTERNATIONAL Law as well as CONTITUTIONAL Law.

LEARN IT!!!!!!!!!!

NO POTUS is above it!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democratic Senate have become co-conspirators in ensuring a tyrannical executive branch and the Republican House are labeled traitors if they dare express disloyalty to the sovereignty.
That's where we are.
The SCOTUS has become a divided but politically-motivated and politically correct appeaser of the tyranny.
Unless the American people come to terms with who and what they elected, it's never going to change. Republicans can't possibly be any worse and, in fact, they have to be the better of the two parties considering the borderline oppression imposed on us by the party in power.
It's the American people who don't seem to mind that concern me.
Good morning, shinning.
Tyranny you clueless twit? In North Carolina people are being arrested for exercising their Constitutionally guaranteed right to peaceably assemble and seek redress of grievances. Who's doing that Carol? The Republican State government. In North Carolina, Texas and other Republican controlled states are making it more difficult for certain citizens to vote, the elderly, the poor and college students. Why? because they're more likely to vote for Democrats. People died to insure every citizens right to vote. In Michigan the Republican emergency manager legislation allows the governor to effectively overturn local elections and ignore democratically elected officials. That's what I call tyranny and it's all on the GOP's side.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush had the support of Congress as well as international support.
Obama will not go to Congress because he knows that he could not win a vote to attack Syria.
They ought to already working on the impeachment process then.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Homey doesn't realize his one dollar is worth 33% less because of O'bama.
I'm just hoping to an almighty that Uncle Joe isn't gonna let the kids get America sucked in, tripped up by their own arrogance-as they've gotten beyond disgusting with it already.

I don't see how he's tolerated so much of it already.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's the right wing conspiracy story from the right!
They just 'know' it.
Requires nothing other than their word!
You truly are a clueless, ignorant idiot.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
If these arent already on the list, try out:
1)"Spook"
2)"Monk"
3)"Professor Zaius"
4)"Bubbles"
He should at least identify with some (if not all) of those....
Here's a 5th one: Gay

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

The Daily Caller reported that the tweets belonged to James Francis Edwards, 15. One tweet from his account reads, "90% of white ppl are nasty.#HATE THEM." Another post read, "Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:)"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/teen-cha...

See? Liberals are brain dead HYPOCRITES!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.

The Daily Caller reported that the tweets belonged to James Francis Edwards, 15. One tweet from his account reads, "90% of white ppl are nasty.#HATE THEM." Another post read, "Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:)"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/teen-cha...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain has lost his marbles.

So, do you want a war or not?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
so the right wing justification for Iraq are WMDs.
but now we have the same scenario in Syria but oh no we can't attack them! while you nutjobs try to tell us that those same Iraq WMDs are being used in Syria?
no wonder no one trusts republicans on foreign policy anymore.
At least they followed the LAWS.

Something that this pack of COMMIETIC type thug hacks does NOT seem to COMPREHEND.

DISGUSTING.
Waxman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Hahaha! Perfect example of a weak mind, subject to propaganda:
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Tyranny you clueless twit? In North Carolina people are being arrested for exercising their Constitutionally guaranteed right to peaceably assemble and seek redress of grievances. Who's doing that Carol? The Republican State government. In North Carolina, Texas and other Republican controlled states are making it more difficult for certain citizens to vote, the elderly, the poor and college students. Why? because they're more likely to vote for Democrats. People died to insure every citizens right to vote. In Michigan the Republican emergency manager legislation allows the governor to effectively overturn local elections and ignore democratically elected officials. That's what I call tyranny and it's all on the GOP's side.
Hey Idiot! Show some proof of your baseless babble.

At age 18, you can go to war and die for the country, but you need an ID to by beer.

Democrats think however anyone should be able to vote early and often. Acorn mentality.

You are an idiot.

How is Sweden doing liar?

Say Hi to your son.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS will have to share information about medical records and financial statuses to keep track of us all.
You wouldn't the IRS NOT to have your personal information to keep track of you, now would you?
I thought you liked being kept track of.
There you go lying again Carol. The only thing the IRS wants to know is if you have coverage . Period. They don't want or need to know anything else stupid. By the way nitwit, since I use the VA for the majority of my medical needs the government already knows everything in my medical files. Does that bother me? No. No matter where I am in this country, whether visiting my son in DC or my brothers in Ohio or Washington state or even visiting Disney World, if I need medical care my medical records will be available to whatever caregivers are taking care of me.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I hate the possibility of our having to use force in Syria and the position this president has put us in, I can't help but love the fact Obama now knows exactly how Bush felt when WMDs were believed to still be in Saddam's possession not only by the UN but many democrats and that Obama, in retrospect, now looks like he was blowing hot air out of his ass criticizing Bush when you liberals fell for it in 2008.
It's different when your guy has to make tough decisions for humanitarian and security reasons, isn't it?
I sure hope you don't support helping the Syrians either. Because you could have cared less about the Iraqis or the Kurds.
And that would make you a hypocrite.
Of the Worst kind (as in IGNORANT)!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min LRS 174,635
How to install windows 8 19 min Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 19 min Shari23 5
People Can ĎProtect Themselves From an Overly A... 22 min ShootThePompousGovPeeps 3
Abby July 25, 2014 25 min Shari23 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min Shananananana4pali 67,947
City to install more jet noise monitors in Chicago 43 min BetterToTaxnigBulletNoise 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 4 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 17 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000