Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,610)

Showing posts 892,181 - 892,200 of1,071,990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Have you considered moving to Russia? You show a lot more support for Putin and Russia than you do for Obama and the U.S.A.
Obama hated the United States his entire life. Any enemy of the United States is a friend to Obama.
Stating the fact that Putin makes a fool out of Obama every time they cross paths isn't supporting Putin. It's just stating facts. In truth, I don't like being embarrassed by a president that is an obviously ignorant buffoon and fraud. The world knows it. The world is laughing at us, and world leaders like Putin are just taking advantage of the American president being an ignorant buffoon.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just post "communism is dead"?
You aren't being serious.
Otherwise, you'd have to explain why communism isn't dead in China, Russia and North Korea.
So I know you're just being silly.
lol! Then you'd have to explain why so many cons support Russia over the US son!

You people create your own problems simply by playing both sides of the line!

I love this comedy channel!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because a republican hawk isn't in the WH.
so i guess we won't hear anymore right wing noise about attacking Iran.
you have to start to wonder how deep they want to dig their rhetorical hole.
So, if you go to war against Al Qaeda, you're a hawk.
What is Obama for going to war supporting Al Qaeda?

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
“Our concern should be those chemical weapons, preventing them from falling into hands of Hezbollah, that should be guiding our action, not expressing moral outrage from university faculty lounges”-- Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on “Hannity”
Poor Ted, he is sofa king dumb he doesn't know Hezbollah is fighting with Syria & thereby likely already has access to Syria's weaponry. ed don't give a f*ck bout dead children due to a chemical weapon attack.
Ron R Jr

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Have you considered moving to Russia? You show a lot more support for Putin and Russia than you do for Obama and the U.S.A.
Speaking of support, can you tell me who helped Obama back up after he bent all the way over for the Russians, while grabbing his ankles and purring he was flexible the whole time?

Some day they'll make a movie about it, and I hope it is more truthful than the typical lefty Hollywood movie, but I predict they'll make Obama look tough as he's in that Downward Dog position and promising sweet nothings after the election.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>These people are sick in the head, look at the crap DBWriter posts about Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood and Galt as well. Fcked up people, undermining America. Hard to believe they call themselves Americans.
Let's get one of those old patriotic chants going.
Everybody. All together now.

"God DAMN America"

Now that's what patriotic Americans say, right?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>see... the thing you fail to hold as truth, is the entire world thinks O'bama is a weak president,and his administration...first there was hill of beans and now... look at Kerry-who believes him? Romney is not in the White House so no need to make up lies. The truth is O'bama is weak. That is all one needs to know.
entire world?

As Germany’s elections approach, one politician has emerged to give Chancellor Angela Merkel a run for her money in the polls.

Well, sort of.

In a theoretical German election, President Obama, it appears, handily would defeat Mrs. Merkel.

“If Obama could run for election in Germany, he would become our next chancellor,” said Andreas Sperling, CEO of YouGov Germany, an online pollster.

After revelations that the National Security Agency was spying on foreigners here, YouGov conducted a poll that found Mr. Obama still remains the most popular politician in Germany. People here may be upset about the spying allegations — but, apparently, not enough to change their minds.

Three out of four Germans said Mr. Obama gives the United States a good image internationally, according to the poll, while 65 percent said they would vote for him if they could.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

when you make assertions try not to use right wing rhetoric as a source.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
more leap of faith reasoning. not even worth a reasoned response.
Perhaps one day you might provide for us one of those.

Anyway...

So, you think we should help Al Qaeda take over Syria and take possession all those chemical weapons, right?
Are all of you clowns nuts?
What do you think Al Qaeda will do with those chemical weapons after Obama helps them take them?
Ron R Jr

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

If my father had seen the new movie, "The Butler," he would have said: "There you go again, Hollywood."

You've taken a great story about a real person and real events and twisted it into a bunch of lies.
You took the true story of Eugene Allen, the White House butler who served eight presidents from 1952 to 1986, & turned it into a clichéd "message movie."

"Lee Daniels' The Butler'" stars Forest Whitaker as Cecil Gaines, a fictional character supposedly based on Eugene Allen's real life.

But let's compare the 2 White House butlers.
Guess which one grew up in segregated Virginia, got a job at the White House and rose to become maître d'hôtel, the highest position in White House service?

Guess which one had a happy, quiet life and was married to the same woman for 65 years?

And who had one son who served honorably in Vietnam and never made a peep of protest through the pre- and post-civil rights era?

Now guess which butler grew up on a Georgia farm, watched the boss rape his mother and then, when his father protested the rape, watched the boss put a bullet through his father's head?

Guess which butler feels the pain of America's racial injustices so deeply that he quits his White House job and joins his son in a protest movement?

And guess which butler has a wife (Oprah Winfrey) who becomes an alcoholic and has a cheap affair with the guy next door?(I'm surprised it wasn't the vice president.)

After comparing HOLLYWOOD'S ABSURD VERSION of Eugene Allen's life story with the truth, you wonder why the producers didn't just call it "The Butler from Another Planet."

Screenwriter Danny Strong says he was trying to present a "backstage kind of view of the White House" that portrayed presidents & 1ST ladies as they really were in everyday life.

Well, I was backstage at the White House — a few hundred times. I met and knew the real butler, Mr. Allen, and I knew a little about my father.

Portraying Ronald Reagan as a racist because he was in favor of lifting economic sanctions against South Africa is simplistic and dishonest.

If you knew my father, you'd know he was the last person on Earth you would call a racist.

If Strong had gotten his "facts" from the Reagan biographies, he'd have learned that when my father was playing football at Eureka College one of his best friends was a black teammate.

Strong also would have learned that my father invited black players home for dinner & once, when 2 players were not allowed to stay in the local hotel, he invited them to stay overnight at his house.

Screenwriter Strong also might have found out that when my father was governor of California he appointed more blacks to positions of power than any of his predecessors — combined.

It's appalling to me that someone is trying to imply my father was a racist. He & Nancy and the rest of the Reagan family treated Mr. Allen with the utmost respect.

It was Nancy Reagan who invited the butler to dinner — not to work — but as guest. And it was my father who promoted Mr. Allen to maître d'hôtel.

The real story of the White House butler doesn't imply racism at all. It's simply Hollywood liberals wanting to believe something about my father that was never there.

My father's position on lifting the South African sanctions in the '80s had nothing to do with the narrow issue of race. It had to do with the geopolitics of the Cold War.

BUT FACTS DON'T MATTER to Hollywood's creative propagandists.

Truth is too complicated & not dramatic enough for scriptwriters, who think in minute terms, not the big picture, when it comes to a conservative.

Despite what Hollywood's liberal hacks believe, my father didn't see people in colors. He saw them as individual Americans. If the liberals in Hollywood — and Washington — ever start looking at people the way he did, the country will be a lot better off.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt would kill the terrorist and let the fire department handle the fire.
Dumbass Dave has the same retarded thinking as Obama, that it's OK to help your enemy in what you perceive to be a good cause.
Galt would manage to kill two kids, two firefighters, and an innocent nun bystander before being killed in a police shootout...that's the way it goes for those guns-for-gonads Grumpy Old Prick crowd...the terrorist would have managed to escape, smiling although he felt bad about the kids.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I'm, right now, more worried about the 20,000 stinger type surface to air missiles missing from Libya. They have had plenty of time to make it to South America, trucked up through Mexico, and carried by mules across the border. By now a couple of hundred or more could be spread out all over America waiting on the order to launch all at one time. Such are my worries!!!
Oh, yeah.
And, every Wahhabist terrorist in Saudi Arabia can enter the US with "special traveller" status.

They're here. They didn't come here to take up the American lifestyle. The only missing information is, what's their plan of attack.
With Obama spying on you and me, and ignoring them, there's no chance of stopping the attack. We'll just have to do what we do without, or in opposition to the treasonous government we will have. It should be obvious the White House is working with the Arab terrorists by now.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a keeper.
Yes, to remind naive fools like Homer when a commercial airliner is shot down.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is hang out at the front door to the White House and you'll see the Muslim Brotherhood go through those doors every day, dupe.
Now, please tell us how the Muslim Brotherhood can be in the White House every day and not have business with the president.
i bet you voted for this guy....

America's First Muslim President

Muslim Americans helped elect George W. Bush, but now they're leaving the Republican Party in droves. It didn't have to be this way.

....American Muslims voted two to one for George H.W. Bush in 1992. While they went for Bill Clinton by the same margin in 1996, they were brought back into the Republican fold in 2000 by George W. Bush.

If Clinton was, as the author Toni Morrison once quipped, America's first black president, Bush was, at least momentarily, the country's first Muslim president. As early as 1999, he hosted a series of meetings between Muslim and Republican leaders, and paid a visit himself to an Islamic center in Michigan -- the first and only major presidential candidate to do so. The 2000 Republican convention in Philadelphia was the first in either national party's history to include a Muslim prayer. On the campaign trail, Bush celebrated the faith of Americans who regularly attended a "church, synagogue, or mosque." After Muslim community leaders told him of their civil liberties concerns over a piece of 1996 immigration enforcement legislation signed into law by Clinton, Bush criticized it himself in one of his presidential debates against Vice President Al Gore.

The work paid off. By election day, Bush had been endorsed by eight major Muslim American organizations. He won more than 70 percent of the Muslim vote, including 46,200 ballots in Florida alone, prompting longtime conservative activist Grover Norquist -- one of the few prominent movement figures to caution against the current wave of mosque demagoguery -- to proclaim in the American Spectator that "Bush was elected President of the United States of America because of the Muslim vote."

The 9/11 tragedy, of course, changed everything. But in the early days after the terrorist attacks, it was Bush who reminded Americans, "Ours is a war not against a religion, not against the Muslim faith....[O]urs is a war against individuals who absolutely hate what America stands for." He met with Muslim American leaders on numerous occasions, becoming the only sitting president to visit an American mosque, and appointed Muslim Americans to several prominent government posts. Nor was Bush the only Republican politician to distinguish the United States' war against Islamist extremism abroad from the religion itself. House Speaker Denny Hastert, former Republican National Committee Chairman Jim Nicholson, and National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Tom Davis joined Bush in writing letters urging the U.S. Postal Service to issue a postage stamp honoring Eid, the Muslim holiday, in 2001.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08...

and guess who wrote that.

Suhail Khan, a Bush administration veteran, has presented himself as a moderate, pro-American voice in the Muslim Community. But new videos cast serious doubt on that image he’s carefully groomed for himself in Washington.

Shockingly, they show this current American Conservative Union board member consorting with radical Muslim Brotherhood leaders-turned-terrorists, while exalting the death culture of jihadists.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/paul-sperry/who-...

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Chem weapons used in Halabja were furnished courtesy of the Reagan Administration which never raised a finger on behalf of the Kurds. Remember 1988? Reagan administration right?
Aside from ready to use Chem weapons the US furnished Saddam with components and chemical how to information. I was the least we could do__Saddam was our ally at the time.
Were you one of Carol's history students?
The initial wave of Iraqi attacks, in 1983, used mustard agent. While generally not fatal, mustard causes severe blistering of the skin and mucus membranes, which can lead to potentially fatal infections, and can cause blindness and upper respiratory disease, while increasing the risk of cancer. The United States wasn't yet providing battlefield intelligence to Iraq when mustard was used. But it also did nothing to assist Iran in its attempts to bring proof of illegal Iraqi chemical attacks to light. Nor did the administration inform the United Nations. The CIA determined that Iran had the capability to bomb the weapons assembly facilities, if only it could find them. The CIA believed it knew the locations. Officials were also warned that Iran might launch retaliatory attacks against U.S. interests in the Middle East, including terrorist strikes, if it believed the United States was complicit in Iraq's chemical warfare campaign.

The Defense Department had proposed an intelligence-sharing program with the Iraqis in 1986. But according to Francona, it was nixed because the CIA and the State Department viewed Saddam Hussein as "anathema" and his officials as "thugs."

In late 1987, the DIA analysts in Francona's shop in Washington wrote a Top Secret Codeword report partially entitled "At The Gates of Basrah," warning that the Iranian 1988 spring offensive was going to be bigger than all previous spring offensives, and this offensive stood a very good chance of breaking through the Iraqi lines and capturing Basrah. The report warned that if Basrah fell, the Iraqi military would collapse and Iran would win the war.

President Reagan read the report and, according to Francona, wrote a note in the margin addressed to Secretary of Defense Frank C. Carlucci: "An Iranian victory is unacceptable."

Subsequently, a decision was made at the top level of the U.S. government (almost certainly requiring the approval of the National Security Council and the CIA). The DIA was authorized to give the Iraqi intelligence services as much detailed information as was available about the deployments and movements of all Iranian combat units. That included satellite imagery and perhaps some sanitized electronic intelligence. There was a particular focus on the area east of the city of Basrah where the DIA was convinced the next big Iranian offensive would come. The agency also provided data on the locations of key Iranian logistics facilities, and the strength and capabilities of the Iranian air force and air defense system. Francona described much of the information as "targeting packages" suitable for use by the Iraqi air force to destroy these targets.

The sarin attacks then followed.

It does not appear that Reagan gave the gas to Sadaam--he just didn't discourage him from using it against our mortal enemy. Iran.
Reagan unlike O'bama was protecting the United States and the World's best interest--what is O'bama doing again?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
no, i didn't spearchucker, show it to me.
I guess chief chickenfeathers has declared racist namecalling OK.
you guys can use any racist names you want. you can even use n****r if you want.

oh wait. you already do. though i think 'darkies' sounds much more intellectual.[?]

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwingers have gone completely nuts today.
I take it you're in favor of Obama helping Al Qaeda acquire the chemical weapons in Syria, right?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Obama's Red Line didn’t work; Putin/China thumbed their noses at him how about a Beer Summon with Assad? LOVE NOT WAR
"a Beer Summon"??? Yep, another shining example of the Texas educational system...Rick Perry's math tutor?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
entire world?
As Germany’s elections approach, one politician has emerged to give Chancellor Angela Merkel a run for her money in the polls.
Well, sort of.
In a theoretical German election, President Obama, it appears, handily would defeat Mrs. Merkel.
“If Obama could run for election in Germany, he would become our next chancellor,” said Andreas Sperling, CEO of YouGov Germany, an online pollster.
After revelations that the National Security Agency was spying on foreigners here, YouGov conducted a poll that found Mr. Obama still remains the most popular politician in Germany. People here may be upset about the spying allegations — but, apparently, not enough to change their minds.
Three out of four Germans said Mr. Obama gives the United States a good image internationally, according to the poll, while 65 percent said they would vote for him if they could.
...just as you people would vote for Idi Amin for POTUS....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
entire world?
Well, sort of.
You make virtual sense referencing "an online pollster". Now, back to the real world....
The fact is, Obama was a deadbeat draw the last time he went to Germany. Apparently, Germans are aware of how much of an ignorant buffoon Obama is after having his pants pulled down in front of the world and spanked by Putin... multiple times.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're way out of touch Flacko!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-kKr44Ey8WU

Atlanta local News station even covered it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 892,181 - 892,200 of1,071,990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-11 6 min Kuuipo 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min ritedownthemiddle 45,463
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min voice of peace 67,529
The rare and elusive Colombian perro caliente s... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Ace 48,687
'Kitty Zombie' TV Pilot Filming in Joliet Monday 1 hr BK2A 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr mr ridgway 3,815
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,591
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••