Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#971220 Aug 27, 2013
so the right wing justification for Iraq are WMDs.

but now we have the same scenario in Syria but oh no we can't attack them! while you nutjobs try to tell us that those same Iraq WMDs are being used in Syria?

no wonder no one trusts republicans on foreign policy anymore.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#971221 Aug 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
Lord help us, rightwingers are actually getting dumber.
Lord help us, homo is actually getting gayer......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#971222 Aug 27, 2013
An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit. He starts the stop by asking the biker his name.

'Fred,' he replies.

'Fred what?' the officer asks.

'Just Fred,' the man responds.

The officer, in a good mood, thinks he might just give the biker a break, and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer presses him for the last name.

The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it.'Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'

The biker replies,'It's a long story, so stay with me. I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, and finally got my degree, so I was Fred Johnson, MD.

After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through School, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS.

Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD.

Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD.

Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.'

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#971223 Aug 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
Lord help us, rightwingers are actually getting dumber.
You leftwingers have been misguided morons for decades.

I bet all you hypocrite Moonbats are all for Obama starting another war. We won't hear a peep from you after Kerry/Obama go after WMD that you said did not exist.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#971224 Aug 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama has been on the wrong side of every thing for America but always on the side of the terrorists. Maybe all those weapons O'bama was selling in Benghazi will come to light. Even liberals don't like the 'fundamental transformation' to the Islam Caliphate that O'bama has created. Except the loon o tic brain dead liberals like Homey and So Nic not.
lol!

I love con comedy!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#971225 Aug 27, 2013
“Our concern should be those chemical weapons, preventing them from falling into hands of Hezbollah, that should be guiding our action, not expressing moral outrage from university faculty lounges”-- Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on “Hannity”
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#971226 Aug 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
but now we have the same scenario in Syria but oh no we can't attack them! while you nutjobs try to tell us that those same Iraq WMDs are being used in Syria?
Hypocrite.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#971227 Aug 27, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since Oct 24, 1945 when, America decided to join the U.N. Otherwise there would've been another 20 world wars. Roosevelt knew &, understood the ramifications of standing alone, it's obvious you don't!
"The only concession I might make to him(King Saud) is to give him the 60 million jews we have in the United States":- President Franklin D. Roosevelt

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#971228 Aug 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should probably hope you don't live to see a Communist or Chinese president.
Communism is dead. You might see it on a small scale, a small country but as a system it performs badly on a large scale. Humans are individuals, most(not Fox News viewers) think for themselves, and most people value freedom and creativity, these things are suppressed under the Communist system.

As long as companies like Walmart continue to grow and sell more Chinese made crap at low prices and more companies are forced to move factories overseas then we may one day be subservient to future Chinese overlords.

Homer will be dead by then, but Flack's kids may have that future to look forward to, courtesy of Flack.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#971229 Aug 27, 2013
France 'Ready To Punish' Syria Over Gas Attack

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/27/fran...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#971231 Aug 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Good point, we went in to Iraq to get WMD's, and if in fact those WMD's were shipped to Syria why wouldn't we go there after them?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#971232 Aug 27, 2013
Coalition of the unwilling - Obama has yet to reach out himself to House Speaker John Boehner to secure congressional support for U.S. intervention, but domestic politics are the least of his concern. With U.N. weapons inspectors bogged down, an expected Security Council vote will be further delayed. And with Russia expected to block any strike, will probably be a dead end. The call for a NATO-led attack like the one that helped Libyan Islamists topple their government is also dimming as British Prime Minister David Cameron, faces new pressure to win approval from Parliament before proceeding with any military plan. Cameron talked with Putin late Monday, and his office’s readout of the call showed Putin far from obliging.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#971233 Aug 27, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can see a pattern; Is it conspiracy?
Capture of Osama without archaic torture tactics.{Mathematical algorithms} No invasion of Pakistan with hundreds of $Billions for the military industrialist.
Libya’s war, without one American solider dying in its entire operation and objective. Completed within months.
Obtains a water downed Health Care system for our nation in spite of the most dysfunctional congress in our nations history.
Returned economic stability in record time, from the brink of the abysses of a Great Depression. Faster than Clinton, Reagan and F.D.R.
Seeking to expand our ruined higher education of which we are no longer the “best in the world”.
I have a dream that some day our nation will discover the benefits of Universal Education. Some Western Industrious Nations have, for years, proven its necessity and its benefits that return to their industrious nation to progress.
Wow.
Where do I begin?

"Capture of Osama without archaic torture tactics."
You really are ignorant. Waterboarding got the information that allowed the operation to kill bin Laden when Obama didn't even have a fucking clue the operation was happening, thought he'd be playing golf all day on the day he was going to invade an allied country and kill bin Laden right next to the largest military installation in that country, had to be summoned by Vallerie Jarrett from the golf course and went straight to her office, and had to be photoshopped into a photo of the command center.

"Libya’s war, without one American solider dying in its entire operation and objective. Completed within months."
Do you remember when France was heading all actions, and Obama had to come in on the tail end?
Just how ignorant are you?
By the way, why did Obama lie for two weeks coverning up the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi? And why did his Secretary of State have to lie to Congress? And who gave the order for the Force Recon Marine unit that was moved specifically to Sigonella specifically to respond specifically to a terrorist attack specifically on our embassy specifically in Libya to stand down?
... among many other questions we have.

"Obtains a water downed Health Care system...."
What the f*ck? How many pages is ObamaKare? Over two thousand, you moron. There is nothing watered down in over two thousand pages, idiot. We've got a question about that, too.
Why did it take both the Louisiana Purchase and Cornhusker Kickback for it to pass in a Democrat super majority Senate?
And, please tell us why every Democrat in DC hates ObamaKare?

"Returned economic stability in record time...."
BWAAAAAWW HAAAAAAAAAAAWWW HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW
You call getting 5 times as many part time jobs as full time jobs a recovery? A part time job is poverty. A full time job is a working living. Your "recovery" is putting 5 people into poverty for every one person allowed a working living.
Total population over 20 minus disabled minus university enrollment minus over 65 equals 17 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION AVAILABLE FOR WORK ISN'T WORKING.
You call that a "recovery"?

Education:
Obama is a college dropout from Occidental who never attended classes at Columbia who, somehow, got admitted to Harvard after he went to Chicago and met Vernon Jarrett and William Ayers.
That means someone who busted their ass and made the sacrifices necessary to be admitted to Harvard was denied so some communist mentored by Frank Marshal Davis could get another fraudulent entry on their fraudulent resume.
Who is that person who busted their ass and made the sacrifices to go to Harvard and was denied so Barry Soetoro, aka Barack Hussein Obama, could be admitted after being a college dropout at Occidental and never attending classes at Columbia?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#971234 Aug 27, 2013
PUTIN PUSHES BACK AS OBAMA EDGES TOWARD SYRIA STRIKE - As America edges closer to a retaliatory strike against Syrian government forces in the wake of a deadly chemical attack, Russia is digging in against international intervention. Russian President Vladimir Putin has been increasingly dismissive of President Obama’s policy demands -- offering asylum to NSA leaker Edward Snowden and brushing off Obama’s insistence that gay athletes be included in the 2014 Winter Olympics set for Sochi, Russia. Putin’s government agrees that chemical weapons were used in Syria, but not with the U.S. assessment that they were deployed by government forces rather than Islamist rebels. News that the Obama administration scrapped plans to meet with Russian diplomats on Syria options reaffirms the new chill in the already icy U.S.-Russia relationship.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#971235 Aug 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Somtimes you have to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you've been wrong you idiot. It's not giving up. It's called growing up. You are no better off now than you were 40 years a go sonicmoron ...

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#971236 Aug 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't recognize the difference between Bush's unilateral invasion and military action as part of a coalition of nations, there is no hope for you as you are the one who is truly brain dead.
However, we have certainly used our Security Council vito power to stop actions against Israel. There is o reason we should not show Russia the same courtesy. Moscow is right, we shouldn't act before evidence is in hand. I hope Obama doesn't listen to the war mongers.
As much as I hate the possibility of our having to use force in Syria and the position this president has put us in, I can't help but love the fact Obama now knows exactly how Bush felt when WMDs were believed to still be in Saddam's possession not only by the UN but many democrats and that Obama, in retrospect, now looks like he was blowing hot air out of his ass criticizing Bush when you liberals fell for it in 2008.

It's different when your guy has to make tough decisions for humanitarian and security reasons, isn't it?

I sure hope you don't support helping the Syrians either. Because you could have cared less about the Iraqis or the Kurds.

And that would make you a hypocrite.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#971237 Aug 27, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since Oct 24, 1945 when, America decided to join the U.N. Otherwise there would've been another 20 world wars. Roosevelt knew &, understood the ramifications of standing alone, it's obvious you don't!
The democratic party has always helped and been on the side of the black man for years keeping blacks equal, aborted controlling their numbers, 13% of the population, in their place, under-educated and poor, living off their masters wealth... NJ raider.

Yet wide spread opinion and ignorance among you blacks? Race Trumps Common Sense....

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#971239 Aug 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>AP just announced the military is waiting for the order from O'bama--where is his approval from Congress? Peace bell prize winner will be bombing civilians.
The entire Nobel Committee should be placed in Damascus right about now.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#971240 Aug 27, 2013
When Rep. Louie Gohmert floats conspiracy theories, Americans across the political spectrum tend to roll their eyes and ignore him. But one of his more feverish conspiracy theories about President Barack Obama’s ostensible ties to the Muslim Brotherhood could be fueling dangerous anti-American sentiments in Egypt and potentially complicating U.S. foreign policy in the region, experts say.

For months, the five-term Republican congressman from Texas has been claiming that the Obama administration has been infiltrated by members of the Muslim Brotherhood who are steering U.S. foreign policy and emboldening terrorists.

“This administration has so many Muslim Brotherhood members that have influence that they just are making wrong decisions for America,” Gohmert told the conspiracy-friendly World Net Daily radio back in April, in just one example of such claims.

Gohmert’s remarks echo conspiracy theories put forth by conservative writer and advocate Frank Gaffney, who published a book last year titled The Muslim Brotherhood in the Obama Administration. Gohmert appeared on Gaffney’s radio show earlier this year touting the Brotherhood’s influence on Obama.

At home, where the political class takes Gohmert with a grain of salt, the claim has been confined to the fever swamps. Gaffney’s theories were so fringe as to get him banned from the high-profile conservative conference CPAC last year.

But in Egypt, where the democratically elected Muslim Brotherhood government was recently ousted by the country’s military after the people turned against it, it’s a different story. Anti-American conspiracy theories are rampant there, for a variety of reasons related and unrelated to U.S. foreign policy, and hearing it from a United States congressman lends credibility to the theory that the U.S. is teaming up with the Muslim Brotherhood — and even Al-Qaeda — to destroy Egypt.

“I guarantee you nobody in Egypt really knows who Louie Gohmert is or what he’s about. So they could very well point to this and say ‘Look! He’s a member of Congress. This must be serious. There must be something to it,’” said Steven A. Cook, senior fellow for Middle Eastern Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations.“It doesn’t help in a political environment where everyone is already angry at us to be fueling conspiracy theories against us. In that way it enables an overall level of hostility toward the U.S.”

Shadi Hamid, a Middle East expert at the Brookings Institution, conceded that he hadn’t even heard of Gohmert until TPM reached out to him.“As for the role it plays,” Hamid said,“look, this does provide real ammunition to the conspiracy theorists when you have American sources seemingly verifying what they are saying.”

“It lends these bizarre theories a new code of legitimacy and amplifies them,” he said.“When Egyptians see this, they don’t realize that just because a U.S. congressman is saying this that it can be wrong or that he can be lying publicly.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/08/lo...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#971242 Aug 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Communism is dead. You might see it on a small scale, a small country but as a system it performs badly on a large scale. Humans are individuals, most(not Fox News viewers) think for themselves, and most people value freedom and creativity, these things are suppressed under the Communist system.
As long as companies like Walmart continue to grow and sell more Chinese made crap at low prices and more companies are forced to move factories overseas then we may one day be subservient to future Chinese overlords.
Homer will be dead by then, but Flack's kids may have that future to look forward to, courtesy of Flack.
Did you just post "communism is dead"?

You aren't being serious.

Otherwise, you'd have to explain why communism isn't dead in China, Russia and North Korea.

So I know you're just being silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Who 47,067
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 1 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 4 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]