Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#971103 Aug 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing that all of the loons on this thread are pushing the Saddam connection in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary__not to mention that it defies logic.
Nothing surprises Homer anymore.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#971104 Aug 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>an undated CIA report estimated that the Iraqis had improved their sarin stocks by increasing the purity of the chemical components and building binary weapons. In binary weapons, the components of the nerve agent are not combined until the weapon is ready to be used. This could make the shelf life of the weapon “irrelevant” and allow it to be stored for years before use. This means that if Iraqi stockpiles were transferred to Syria prior to 2003 they could still be lethal. Saddam had secretly moved much of his WMD material to Syria before the U.S.-led invasion under the cover of providing relief to Syrian earthquake victims. Military documents released by Wikileaks revealed the discovery of many small caches of chemical weapons by coalition forces during the occupation of Iraq. Syria was complicit in helping Saddam subvert UN sanctions on Iraq prior to the 2003 war. Congress estimated in 2004 that Syrian-Iraqi smuggling was worth more than $3 billion.
And here answers your question sonic: A second question is why Saddam did not admit to transferring the weapons when he was interrogated. Apparently Saddam did not take U.S. threats seriously and was more concerned about Iran. Transferring weapons to Syria would have prevented their discovery by UN inspectors, but would have left them available in the event of an Iranian attack. Not confessing as he faced death may have been as simple as going to his death knowing that he had the last laugh on his tormenters.
Yea well if that were the case, the CIA under Bush was a complete joke! It's their job to track the movements of potential threats. The reason for invading Iraq was, " Saddam Hussein was a potential threat &, for you to believe that the CIA Allowed such movements, only coincides with my assumption of your ignorance! Bush said, Saddam was transporting weapons through mobile labs. Pictures from a satellite confirmed such movements, yet no weapons. Now a satellite can see that, up close &, full view, what we're they asleep while Saddam was moving his stockpile to Syria? Give me a break, you fell for the biggest hoax on the American population. Now you're stuck trying to evidence to save face, but too late.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#971105 Aug 27, 2013
For those who claim DemoKKKrats don't want to confiscate firearms:

A pair of Democratic lawmakers are proposing steep new taxes on handguns and ammunition, and tying the revenues to programs aimed at preventing gun violence.

Called the “Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act," the bill sponsored by William Pascrell, D-N.J., and Danny Davis, D-Ill., would nearly double the current 11 percent tax on handguns, while raising the levy on bullets and cartridges from 11 percent to 50 percent.

"This bill represents a major investment in the protection of our children and our communities, and reflects the long-term societal costs of gun and ammunition purchases in our country,” Pascrell said.

The lawmakers say the bill would generate $600 million per year, which would be used to fund law-enforcement and gun violence prevention.

Critics predicted defeat for the measure.

“What the anti-gun interests can’t ban, they want to tax it out of existence,” Alan Gottlieb, chairman for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, told FoxNews.com .“It’s nothing more than confiscatory taxation.

“I doubt this bill will pass, but we will lobby against it if need be,” he added.“This is simply another shot against gun owners in this country.”

The bill would exempt all federal, state and local agencies, including police departments, from paying the tax.

The bill would also increase the transfer tax on all weapons (except antique guns) covered under the National Firearms Act (which excludes most common guns) from $200 to $500 and index to inflation and increase the transfer tax for any other weapon from $5 to $100.

The amendment will be voted upon when the House returns for the new session in the fall.

Davis, who represents a portion of Chicago which has been ravaged by gun violence in recent years, said money raised from the new taxes will go to good use.

"This legislation is a pro-active approach to reducing gun violence by using proven preventive programs which have been starved for funds until now," Davis said. "As part of a comprehensive, multidimensional strategy to reduce gun violence, this legislation closes major loopholes in tax law and lays out an equitable, long term, sustainable strategy to provide the requisite resources.”

Davis pointed proudly to the great successes in preventing gun violence in Chicago as an example of how the money would be spent.
costelo

Timisoara, Romania

#971106 Aug 27, 2013
Yep! This is the ultimate attraction!

See here - http://4c010b67.goneviral.com

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#971107 Aug 27, 2013
Big Sis hitting the bricks today.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#971108 Aug 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute bullsht___where did you find that report? world nut daily?
LMAO
One Year ago Obama said al-Qaida on the run and now democRats and realtime are on the run...

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#971109 Aug 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
well, i do see that the deficit is shrinking which is out of the realm of conservative behavior.
no one is perfect.
As a fiscal conservative Homer appreciates shrinking deficits. Why does spending always level off and eventually go down when there is a Democratic president? Anyone?

If there were no stimulus package, which I believe was a necessary evil, there would be almost no real Obama spending, just a continuation of spending already in place and lost revenues due to the Bush Depression.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#971110 Aug 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's more conservative than Reagan, IMO.
Ready for the Obama war in Syria, Homie?

You DemoKKKrats always love a good war.

Meanwhile, your 401k is evaporating as the hot air escapes from the Obama-Bernanke balloon.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#971111 Aug 27, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy to see your lack of simple comprehension is your Achilles’ heel. Drop out? Absent during reading and comprehension? Exposes your right wing DUH ideology. You prefer 2 Bushwhacking wars with no end in sight after a decade of economic collapse. Yeah we have your number and its num.
Yes I see a pattern; Is it conspiracy?
Capture of Osama without archaic torture tactics.{Mathematical algorithms} No invasion of Pakistan with hundreds of $Billions for the military industrialist.
Libya’s war, without one American solider dying in its entire operation and objective. Completed within months.
Obtains a water downed Health Care system for our nation in spite of the most dysfunctional congress in our nations history.
Returned economic stability in record time, from the brink of the abysses of a Great Depression. Faster than Clinton, Reagan and F.D.R.
Seeking to expand our ruined higher education of which we are no longer the “best in the world”.
I have a dream that some day our nation will discover the benefits of Universal Education. Some Western Industrious Nations have, for years, proven its necessity and its benefits that return to their industrious nation to progress.
busy aren't you? O'bama paid for mouth piece to ass of O'bama.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hebbronville-...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#971112 Aug 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama telling the world he is going to war--who does that? no surprise, no exit plan, no plan at all. The liberal war mongerer with the Peace prize. Let the Syrians kill the terrorists that O'bama supports.
WTH did people think invading LIBYA was?

WTH were we doing in Libya?

Aside from one of the Worst flocking foreign policy Failure we've ever had to witness.

Maybe the next big lie to the American public will be "those aren't missiles, they're over sized crayola crayons."

----------

Meanwhile, North Korea tried to export gas masks to Syria but they were seized in Turkey along with arms and ammunition, a Japanese daily newspaper reported on Tuesday.

A Libya-registered vessel, identified as Al En Ti Sar, left North Korea for Syria earlier this year with the consignment, the Sankei Shimbun said quoting unnamed sources from the U.S. military, Japanese and South Korean intelligence.

The vessel searched in April by Turkish authorities, who had been tipped off by the U.S. Officials seized 1,400 rifles and pistols and some 30,000 bullets as well as gas masks apparently for chemical protection, the newspaper said.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/27...

Prevented this

#971113 Aug 27, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yea well if that were the case, the CIA under Bush was a complete joke! It's their job to track the movements of potential threats. The reason for invading Iraq was, " Saddam Hussein was a potential threat &, for you to believe that the CIA Allowed such movements, only coincides with my assumption of your ignorance! Bush said, Saddam was transporting weapons through mobile labs. Pictures from a satellite confirmed such movements, yet no weapons. Now a satellite can see that, up close &, full view, what we're they asleep while Saddam was moving his stockpile to Syria? Give me a break, you fell for the biggest hoax on the American population. Now you're stuck trying to evidence to save face, but too late.
The biggest hoax on the American people was called, not named, Barack Hussein O'bama. The world knows it, why don't you?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#971114 Aug 27, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe Obama.
When's the last time you heard anything even resembling the truth come out of Obama's mouth?
Yep, Dumbwaiter, the believer in April Fools Day E-mails want to lecture about sources.

You are just funnier than sh*t.

I'll believe what I read on reliable sources &news channels.

You keep believing in spam e-mains, oversized racist liars like Limbaugh & Beck.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#971115 Aug 27, 2013
Miley Cyrus is immoral

All Liberals are immoral

Therefore

Miley Cyrus is a Liberal
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#971116 Aug 27, 2013
ok Bush apologists, this should be the last word on the subject.

Syria is suspected of having one of the most advanced chemical warfare (CW) capabilities in the Middle East. The country's initial CW capability was provided by Egypt prior to the October 1973 war against Israel. Since then, Syria appears to have acquired an indigenous capability to develop and produce chemical weapons agents, including mustard gas and sarin, and possibly also VX nerve agent. Chemical weapons agents have allegedly been produced since the 1980s at facilities located near the Hama, Homs, and Al-Safira villages in the Aleppo region. However, Syria remains dependent on foreign sources for some dual-use equipment, and for the precursor chemicals critical to CW agent production. In recent years, Iran has been identified as a supplier of technical assistance and facilities for developing and producing CW-related precursors.

http://www.nti.org/country-profiles/syria/

much like the birthers, pretty soon you Bush apologists will be going on about how search engines should be banned from the internet in the name of all things liberal.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#971117 Aug 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the ACA going to be defunded dumbass? The Republicans in the House can take all of the useless, going nowhere votes they want but it still has to pass the Senate where they stand no chance of even being considered and even less chance of the President signing any such hare brained bill.
The reason the USPS is in financial straits lies solely with legislation passed by Republicans and signed by George W. Bush that required the Post Office – unlike any other company or government agency to prefund 75 years worth of employee health benefits in a 10 year period. It's a bald faced attempt to privatize mail delivery and bust the Postal Workers union.
No one uses it moron? The other day I was mailing a package to my son and there were at least ten people in line ahead of me. Very seldom do I walk into a post office that doesn't have anyone waiting to be served.
You're an idiot!
ObamaKKKare can be defunded by simple inaction. The current ObamaKKKare taxes are not nearly enough to fund the program.

The Post Office is a dinosaur, the modern Pony Express. Let it die.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#971119 Aug 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing surprises Homer anymore.
Sad, isn't Homer....but since it's a demoncrat poitus in office that invaded another country for NO good reason (UNlike after 9/11) and promoted unlawful anarchy and rebellions against government at any and all costs(UNlike any bush era)-- to lunaTics, the hells of war will be somehow "okay".
Flocking sick in the head, demented and depraved lunaTics.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#971120 Aug 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Dumbwaiter, the believer in April Fools Day E-mails want to lecture about sources.
You are just funnier than sh*t.
I'll believe what I read on reliable sources &news channels.
You keep believing in spam e-mains, oversized racist liars like Limbaugh & Beck.
Why is common sense and logic absent from your thought process?

It's the culture...

Prevented this

#971121 Aug 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>One Year ago Obama said al-Qaida on the run and now democRats and realtime are on the run...
It's the culture...
O'bama said were done with war, his hopey changey message was clear when the idiots voted him in.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#971122 Aug 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Syria has a large chemical weapons facility located near Al Safirah which lies just to the Southeast of Aleppo. CNN did a special report on the facility last year with satellite images, a reporter on the ground and interviews with persons familiar with the site.
Syria didn't need or want Saddam's poorly made and improperly stored crap as it has a far superior facility along with guidance from long time ally Russia.
The born of stupidity right wing myth has been debunked over and over yet the crazies here persist with the nonsense.
If true, the idiot Obama will probably blow up the Russian facility and spread chemical weapons over a large area.

Putin will be pissed.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#971123 Aug 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
so where would i find 'thoughts of my own'?
A mindless observation sonicmoron - but the view into your tormented mind was worth the read.

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min jacques Ottawa 179,459
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 18 min RJS 7,824
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,524
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Bite Me 50,643
very cute unuasual pix 7 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 7 hr thanxlord 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]