Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
891,701 - 891,720 of 1,100,259 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#970868 Aug 26, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a ditto head; devotee of that fat in the closet junkie!!
I love Rush, but not that fat in the closet junkie Moochie O'bama. Get it straight lily. Whoops forgot... O'bama not straight.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#970869 Aug 26, 2013
Who said the following:

"This administration pledged itself last summer to an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes to be enacted and become effective in 19--. I am not talking about a quickie or a temporary tax cut which would be more appropriate if a recession were imminent. Nor am I talking about giving the economy a mere shot in the arm to ease some temporary complaint. The federal government's most useful role is not to rush into a program of excessive increases in public expenditures, but to expand the incentives and opportunities of private expenditures."

A. Ronald Reagan.
B. George W Bush.
C. John F. Kennedy.

(The answer: C)

Orlando, FL

#970870 Aug 26, 2013
Who said the following?

"When consumers purchase more goods, plants use more of their capacity, men are hired instead of laid off, investment increases, and profits are high. Corporate tax rates must also be cut to increase incentives and the availability of investment capital. The government has already taken major steps this year to reduce business tax liability and to stimulate the modernization, replacement, and expansion of our productive plant and equipment."

A. Ronald Reagan
B. George W Bush
C. John F. Kennedy

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970871 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> depends on the reason for logging, the wishes of the landowner, and the type of logging and where. Swamp logging of pine is replanted just like corn or wheat. Hardwood logging, like in WV, is naturally seeded from existing trees. You must be really dense to think that loggers don't replant their crop.
Trees for pulpwood are often grown on tree farms as opposed to being logged from the forest.

Much of our woodpulp is imported from South America.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#970872 Aug 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Secretary of State John Kerry says the use of chemical weapons in Syria is "undeniable" and that the U.S. is considering how to respond:
"What we saw in Syria last week should shock the conscience of the world," said Kerry. "It defies any code of morality. Let me be clear: The indiscriminate slaughter of civilians, the killing of women and children and innocent bystanders by chemical weapons is a moral obscenity. By any standard, it is inexcusable. And despite the excuses and equivocations that some have manufactured, it is undeniable."
Didn't this clown say pretty much the same thing about Iraq?
Kerry is a Chicken Little for hire.

The Magic Negro hired him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970873 Aug 26, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a ditto head; devotee of that fat in the closet junkie!!
lily and Hillary are both fatter than Rush....

Orlando, FL

#970874 Aug 26, 2013
Who said the following?

"Our true choice is not between tax reduction on the one hand and the avoidance of large federal deficits on the other. It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget, just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits. Surely the lesson of the last decade is that budget deficits are not caused by wild-eyed spenders, but by slow economic growth and periodic recessions, and any new recession would break all deficit records. In short, it is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low. And the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now."

A. Ronald Reagan.
B. George W. Bush.
C. John F. Kennedy.

(The answer: C.)

What happened to you people on the left? This speech could have been given by Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush or Mitt Romney.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970875 Aug 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, seeding from existing trees is replanting?
What I am saying is that not all logging operations replant.
I see it all the time in PA on public land. They come in & take 90-95 % of everything & leave. There is no replanting.
Thinning of the overhead canopy allows young trees to grow.

Prevented this

#970876 Aug 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Iran and Hezbollah prefer Assad__are you right wing slugs asleep on Syria__or simply waiting for Brietfart and Limpdik to tell you what to think.
There is no winning strategy for Syria and increasingly Lebanon beyond staying the fk away and allowing, cough, nature to take it's course.
Israel will be OK__but I wouldn't plan any trips there.
Israel was protected at the Syrian border by Assad until the so-called 'O'bama rebels' started killing everyone and he had to defend his people. These 'O'bama rebels' are nothing more than terrorists. Assad never broke the treaty with Israel. But the terrorists filled in the border like ticks. It is Al Qaeda you loon that is attacking everyone. They will kill their own people to get their point across. They use children as human shields. Nothing is off the board for the 'O'bama rebels'.

O'bama is skeered of Rush Limbaugh. O'bama pisses his pants merely when someone whispers the name of RUSH.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970877 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Let's review some recent history.
The Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda aren't strong enough to take over Libya.
Karzai put the kabash on Obama's plan to put the Taliban back in control of the government of Afghanistan.
The Musliim Brotherhood just got kicked out of the government of Egypt.
Obama is 0 for three.
Now, Obama is going to help the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda take over Syria.
Who thinks Obama will be 0 for four after he gets Americans killed trying to help Al Qaeda in Syria?
Obama is Putin's bitch. That will always be true as long as Obama is so stupid he steps into every trap Putin sets. This is nothing more than a trap.
You can bet this time they are going to make us pay very dearly for putting an ignorant buffoon like Obama in as president.
We are about to get a very serious dose of egg on our face. And we have nobody to blame for it but ourselves.
Who thinks Putin and Iran will just stand by and allow the US to attack their ally?

What will Obama do if Putin or the Iranians retaliate against US ships that launch missiles?

Obama is a fool, involving the US in a civil war where we have no vital interest.

Lapeer, MI

#970878 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a trap.
Al Qaeda hates us.
Assad hates us.
Getting involved in Syria will be disastrous.
But, maybe Obama is supposed to give the muslims a really big target to hit so they can have an impressive show on Al Jazzeera news.
Now, how long would the Arabs squeal if Obama delivered an aircraft carrier for them to sink?
from the New York Times:
EGYPTIANS WONDER: U.S. IN CAHOOTS WITH MUSLIM BROS?- NYT:“As patrons of [Cairo’s] Red Apple Cafe ignored the new 9 p.m. curfew, the presence of an American elicited bountiful conspiracy theories, all of them involving America’s plan to destroy Egypt through its paid Brotherhood confederates….‘Americans are with the Muslim Brotherhood,’ Farouq stated in a tone suggesting that it was common knowledge.‘O.K., you did something good when you killed Osama bin Laden, but now you are with Al Qaeda. You support the terrorists.’”
When even the New York Times says Obama is working with the Arab terrorists, you have to know it's blatantly obvious all around the world.
The Magic Negro has top level operatives in DHS who are Muslims. He has pushed for the Muslim Brotherhood since before he bumped Mubarak out of Egypt. He is a treasonous bass turd with an Al Green shoeshine smile.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970879 Aug 26, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>To be fair when flying over West VA, or VA I did not see the complete deforestation like I did when flying over Oregon. Like I said I hope you are correct about the replanting I do remain skeptical knowing what good stewards corporate America is with our environment</end sarcasm>. I also doubt bottled/purified water is just a phase we are going through, you are old enough to remember when a person could drink water out of a faucet yes?.
Water from the faucet from a public water supply is much more highly regulated and tested than bottled water and is completely safe to drink. The contaminants, if any, come from the lead pipe in Homer's house.

Only fools waste money on bottled water and pollute the environment with the discarded bottles.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#970880 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Who said the following?

"When consumers purchase more goods, plants use more of their capacity, men are hired instead of laid off, investment increases, and profits are high. Corporate tax rates must also be cut to increase incentives and the availability of investment capital. The government has already taken major steps this year to reduce business tax liability and to stimulate the modernization, replacement, and expansion of our productive plant and equipment."

A. Ronald Reagan
B. George W Bush
C. John F. Kennedy

Who said the following?

"My Muslim faith"

United States

#970881 Aug 26, 2013
Who said the following!

"I do not have all the facts but the white policemen acted stupidly".
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970882 Aug 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Iran and Hezbollah prefer Assad__are you right wing slugs asleep on Syria__or simply waiting for Brietfart and Limpdik to tell you what to think.
There is no winning strategy for Syria and increasingly Lebanon beyond staying the fk away and allowing, cough, nature to take it's course.
Israel will be OK__but I wouldn't plan any trips there.
Problem is that Obama is determined to involve the US on the side of Al Qaeda.

...and Br'er Rabbit gets stuck in the Tar Baby

Prevented this

#970883 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"...putting an end to taxpayer-funded subsidies to large oil companies."
What subsidies?
What are the oil companies being subsidized for?
There has to be something written in some law somewhere that authorizes a payment of any subsidy for some reason. It's easy to find the subsidies paid to farmers. No problem finding them. For some reason, nobody on Earth has been able to find any subsidy paid to oil companies.
Do you think there is someone sitting in the Treasury saying something like, "I'm bored today. I think I'll just write a check to the oil companies."
I hear a lot of party line mantra about "subsidies to oil companies", but nobody has been able to give any description of them.
What are the oil companies being subsidized for?
What subsidies?
She is never going to come up with an answer, she just repeats what the pee pee man says. It all began in 2009.

United States

#970884 Aug 26, 2013
Who said this?

"They accuse of wanting to teach toddlers about sex, can you believe that? But yes I do"

Lapeer, MI

#970885 Aug 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinning of the overhead canopy allows young trees to grow.
I have personally witnessed the unexpectedly rapid regrowth of forests after forest fires and clear-cutting.

I was initially saddened while driving passing through a Northern Michigan area devastated by a forest fire. As far as the eye could see, it was nothing but rolling hills of black.

The same was true when I entered an area that was clear-cut. Nothing to see but short brush and stumps all the way to the horizon.

A few short years later, I couldn't see more than 50' into those areas because of the new dense growth. Today, you would never think there was ever a forest calamity in those areas.

Prevented this

#970886 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Still do. People who drink water from a bottle are idiots!!! IMO
Municipalities that add fluoride to the water supply are dictators.

Lapeer, MI

#970887 Aug 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who thinks Putin and Iran will just stand by and allow the US to attack their ally?
What will Obama do if Putin or the Iranians retaliate against US ships that launch missiles?
Obama is a fool, involving the US in a civil war where we have no vital interest.
Plus, the side effect of helping Muslim extremism get a hold inside of a country. Terrorism has long been looking for a home and the Magic Negro is helping them find it. Treasonous bass turd.

I don't love Putin but when it comes to Putin vs the Boy Messiah, I'll let Putin stand and laugh while Al Green slips.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min KiMerde 49,506
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 22 min kyjeepman 1,453
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min SpaceBlues 46,324
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 40 min Dems Suk 1,904
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 43 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 44 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 55 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info