Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
891,641 - 891,660 of 1,100,396 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#970808 Aug 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
The Farmers' Almanac is using words like "piercing cold," ''bitterly cold" and "biting cold" to describe the upcoming winter. And if its predictions are right, the first outdoor Super Bowl in years will be a messy "Storm Bowl."
The 197-year-old publication that hits newsstands Monday predicts a winter storm will hit the Northeast around the time the Super Bowl is played at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands in New Jersey. It also predicts a colder-than-normal winter for two-thirds of the country and heavy snowfall in the Midwest, Great Lakes and New England.
"We're using a very strong four-letter word to describe this winter, which is C-O-L-D. It's going to be very cold," said Sandi Duncan, managing editor.
Based on planetary positions, sunspots and lunar cycles, the almanac's secret formula is largely unchanged since founder David Young published the first almanac in 1818.
Modern scientists don't put much stock in sunspots or tidal action, but the almanac says its forecasts used by readers to plan weddings and plant gardens are correct about 80 percent of the time.
Last year, the forecast called for cold weather for the eastern and central U.S. with milder temperatures west of the Great Lakes. It started just the opposite but ended up that way.
Caleb Weatherbee, the publication's elusive prognosticator, said he was off by only a couple of days on two of the season's biggest storms: a February blizzard that paralyzed the Northeast with 3 feet of snow in some places and a sloppy storm the day before spring's arrival that buried parts of New England.
Wow cold in the northeast with a good chance of snow, just like last winter and the last and the last and the last, etc etc etc , e pluribus unum

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#970809 Aug 26, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Yeah that's why they are logging. Fly into Portland,OR some day, you will see huge swaths of land completely devoid of trees.
Homer fine with cutting down trees, we need wood, but how about a little responsibility. I know I know, not a Republican thingie.
problem is with Homer's bad eye sight he doesn't see the trees planted to replace the ones cut down. Trees are a crop just like corn or wheat. The pines around here are on a 20 year cycle. loggers wouldn't be in business long if they didn't replace the crop.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#970810 Aug 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hero, Andrew Nepolitano says they exist.
Are you calling him a liar too????
http://mediamatters.org/research/2011/05/13/f...
Well, well, well.
Looks like some lunkhead Democrat actually mentioned Andrew Napolitano.
But, you didn't get that from the source you posted, dufus.

How do you think Andrew Napolitano would be as president?
How do you think he would be as a candidate?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#970811 Aug 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone in the queer circles has know it for years. Ask any old timer in Boystown, in Chicago and they can't believe that queer O'bama was elected. People from Rev. WRights wrong church has come forward with same information. O'bama is a fake through and through. A girl that saw him having oral sex in a hotel in Chicago has since died of strange causes. Did you know O'bama has fake teeth now too. All the queers will tell you this.
This is your life on crystal meth!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#970812 Aug 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
flack starts speaking in third person; is this a sign of something?
Yeah! That you're an idiot!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#970813 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fox News has rushed to defend oil companies in the wake of a Senate hearing in which oil executives were questioned about whether their companies should continue to receive tax subsidies. This follows Fox's long history of defending oil companies from criticism."
This is your evidence?
And, Mediamatters?
I've just got a couple of questions... well, more than a couple. Let's just start with the obvious.
Why in hell would you consider mediamatters a credible source?
How did Fox News "rush to defend oil companies"?
Your "source" was just a little weak describing that... well, they actually didn't back that statement up at all.
"oil executives were questioned about whether their companies should continue to receive tax subsidies"
WHAT SUBSIDIES?
What subsidies to oil companies are you talking about?
If you can't find any subsidies to oil companies, why do you think they exist? Because some Democrat asked about it?
I've got a suggestion. How about Obama cut those mythical subsidies out of the next budget he proposes.
BWAAAAWWW HAAAAAAAAAWWWWW HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW
Back on the permanently ignore list with you. It's pointless and totally frustrating to try to communicate in writing with one who is hopelessly illiterate...maybe you should write for free help with your problem: " With Big Oil raking in record profits, House Democrats offered a Motion to Recommit to the House Republican short-term spending bill this afternoon making a responsible cut to the budget: putting an end to taxpayer-funded subsidies to large oil companies. Repealing these subsidies would save taxpayers tens of billions over the next decade and even ex-Shell CEO John Hofmeister agrees saying “with high oil prices, such subsidies are not necessary.”

Rep. William Keating (D-MA) offered the motion on the House floor saying “let’s stop sending taxpayers’ money to the most profitable companies in the world.”

...Republicans voted unanimously against the motion, defeating it by a vote of 176-249.

That's your GOP. They're willing to cut that deficit on the backs of the poor, the elderly, women, the middle class, public employees ... For all of us, it's "so be it" as jobs disappear. But they sure as hell won't endanger the massive profits of their Big Oil friends."

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#970814 Aug 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
DemoKKKrats Drag US into Undeclared War on Syria
DAMASCUS, Syria A senior Syrian official said Monday that his country will defend itself against any international attack and will not be an easy target as the U.S. and other countries ramp up rhetoric in response to an alleged chemical weapons attack last week on a rebel-held neighborhood of the Syrian capital.
In an interview with The Associated Press in Damascus, Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mikdad said airstrikes or other action against Syria would also trigger "chaos" and threaten worldwide peace and security.
He spoke Monday as support for an international response was mounting if it is confirmed that President Bashar Assad's troops were responsible for the Aug. 21 attack, which activists say killed hundreds.
The Obama administration is now talking behind the scenes as if there is almost no doubt about Assad's use of chemical weapons, CBS News senior White House correspondent Major Garrett reported on "CBS This Morning."
President Obama is moving toward a military strike against Syria. Any final decisions haven't been made, but senior administration officials talk of Syria now as a place where the U.S. and its allies must exact a military price for heavy use of chemical weapons. There is no longer serious debate within the administration if the Assad regime used chemical weapons last week.
It's a trap.
Al Qaeda hates us.
Assad hates us.
Getting involved in Syria will be disastrous.

But, maybe Obama is supposed to give the muslims a really big target to hit so they can have an impressive show on Al Jazzeera news.
Now, how long would the Arabs squeal if Obama delivered an aircraft carrier for them to sink?

from the New York Times:

EGYPTIANS WONDER: U.S. IN CAHOOTS WITH MUSLIM BROS?- NYT:“As patrons of [Cairo’s] Red Apple Cafe ignored the new 9 p.m. curfew, the presence of an American elicited bountiful conspiracy theories, all of them involving America’s plan to destroy Egypt through its paid Brotherhood confederates….‘Americans are with the Muslim Brotherhood,’ Farouq stated in a tone suggesting that it was common knowledge.‘O.K., you did something good when you killed Osama bin Laden, but now you are with Al Qaeda. You support the terrorists.’”

When even the New York Times says Obama is working with the Arab terrorists, you have to know it's blatantly obvious all around the world.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#970815 Aug 26, 2013
Trial set to begin for retarded feral chimp that beat to death a handicapped couple in their 80's & 90's.....

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/tyron...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#970816 Aug 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Rush speaks & you regurgitate.
O'bama told me he was afraid of Rush. O'bama pisses his pants he is so skeered of Rush. LOL.

Prevented this

#970817 Aug 26, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"everyone has know it" huh, Fraudy? Of course, there not many as knowledgeable of of the "queer circles" as you and Fenny Bate...seriously, did you ever meet a conspiracy theory you didn't promulgate? How about the woman who accused Dumbya of rape and later committed suicide maybe?
Hellooo fake teacher-are you working on your second abortion yet?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#970818 Aug 26, 2013
Homer wrote:
First Ted Cruz now the logging industry, Homer's influence knows no bounds.
Homer 2016, I don't need no stinking VP
Why not? Anything would be better than this fraud clown act we have now. I'm betting that you'd at least have some clue about what's going on in our government.
But, I'm also betting Vallerie Jarrett would be pulling your strings, too, just like she's in control of Obama today.

I've got to know. Would you be pitching or catching with Vallerie Jarrett? You have to know she bends Obama over every day.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#970819 Aug 26, 2013
pssssst. Hey. Obama. Putin is in the next room.

Will somebody bring a mop in here?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#970820 Aug 26, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but just in case, I'm over 35, DAR, and available...how ya' been?
It's really quite a big surprise that you're "available". I mean, the personal ad writes itself:

"35+ yr old psychotic, amoral baby mama of lil milk-sucking, illegitimate mulatto chimp seeking floppy-lipped pimp daddy to mistreat a little cracka ho and pay the bills".

Your inbox must be literally overflowing.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970821 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah! That you're an idiot!
On the other hand, Obama always speaks in the first person....I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#970822 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> problem is with Homer's bad eye sight he doesn't see the trees planted to replace the ones cut down. Trees are a crop just like corn or wheat. The pines around here are on a 20 year cycle. loggers wouldn't be in business long if they didn't replace the crop.
I was on the ground there as well and did a lot of driving, up to Mt. Hood and what have you, can only go but what I did see, sure there were some areas where there was some replanting but I did not see as nearly as much as the massive amounts they had cut down. I do hope you are correct(for once).

Prevented this

#970823 Aug 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So you are calling Ron Paul, RadPaul, John Boehner & mot Republicans in Congress liars?
They all claim oil industry subsidies exist.
How much is the U.S. government paying for every oil company to drill a hole?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970824 Aug 26, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Trial set to begin for retarded feral chimp that beat to death a handicapped couple in their 80's & 90's.....
No need to refer to such trash as a "feral chimp."

"Animal" is sufficient.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#970825 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Anything would be better than this fraud clown act we have now. I'm betting that you'd at least have some clue about what's going on in our government.
But, I'm also betting Vallerie Jarrett would be pulling your strings, too, just like she's in control of Obama today.
I've got to know. Would you be pitching or catching with Vallerie Jarrett? You have to know she bends Obama over every day.
What nonsensical stuff are you babbling about today? Personally I'd like to hear more about this George Soros fellow.

Prevented this

#970826 Aug 26, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
they finally caught the second chimp that murdered the WW 2 Vet.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#970827 Aug 26, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Back on the permanently ignore list with you. It's pointless and totally frustrating to try to communicate in writing with one who is hopelessly illiterate...maybe you should write for free help with your problem: " With Big Oil raking in record profits, House Democrats offered a Motion to Recommit to the House Republican short-term spending bill this afternoon making a responsible cut to the budget: putting an end to taxpayer-funded subsidies to large oil companies. Repealing these subsidies would save taxpayers tens of billions over the next decade and even ex-Shell CEO John Hofmeister agrees saying “with high oil prices, such subsidies are not necessary.”
Rep. William Keating (D-MA) offered the motion on the House floor saying “let’s stop sending taxpayers’ money to the most profitable companies in the world.”
...Republicans voted unanimously against the motion, defeating it by a vote of 176-249.
That's your GOP. They're willing to cut that deficit on the backs of the poor, the elderly, women, the middle class, public employees ... For all of us, it's "so be it" as jobs disappear. But they sure as hell won't endanger the massive profits of their Big Oil friends."
"...putting an end to taxpayer-funded subsidies to large oil companies."

What subsidies?
What are the oil companies being subsidized for?
There has to be something written in some law somewhere that authorizes a payment of any subsidy for some reason. It's easy to find the subsidies paid to farmers. No problem finding them. For some reason, nobody on Earth has been able to find any subsidy paid to oil companies.
Do you think there is someone sitting in the Treasury saying something like, "I'm bored today. I think I'll just write a check to the oil companies."

I hear a lot of party line mantra about "subsidies to oil companies", but nobody has been able to give any description of them.

What are the oil companies being subsidized for?

What subsidies?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 8 min Amen 43
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min Doug77 4,672
Was Bergdahl PLANNED All Along? 11 min Amen 1
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 14 min Amen 0
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min TRD 68,372
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min Dick Topick 49,531
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 573
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,401
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE