Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#970567 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an official racist scumbag pos because I don't trust this president or his motives?
Wow.
If GWB had been black, would that have made you an official racist scumbag pos too?
The color of people's skin really does matter to you, huh?
Rationalize it all you want Carol but when George W. Bush was elected those on both sides of the aisle were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and work with him. Democrats didn't gather on the night of his inauguration and take a blood oath to block anything he proposed like the Republicans did at the Caucus Room. No Democrat from the Senate declared that their primary goal was to make him a one term president. No one burned a white church to the ground on the night he was elected as happened to a black church in Springfield Massachusetts the night Obama won.
No Carol, right from the beginning people like you were willing to buy into the innuendoes and asinine conspiracy theories simply because he was the black guy with a funny name. Slice it any way you want but that spells racism.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970568 Aug 26, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that source is incorrect. There were actually a total of 1360 murders in 2012 just in the top 10 murder cities alone (mostly urban negro areas, obviously). I'm sure a few anglos squeaked into the figures below, but very very few....
America's 10 Deadliest Cities 2012
1: Flint, Michigan
With 66 murders, or 64.9 murders for every 100,000 citizens, Flint’s homicide rate far exceeded its competitors, making it America’s deadliest city of 2012. Flint is plagued by illegal guns that have wound up in the hands of young people involved with the illegal drug trade.
2: Detroit, Michigan
In Detroit, there were 386 homicides, or 54.6 murders for every 100,000 citizens in 2012 - up 10% from 2011.
3: New Orleans, Louisiana
Despite the fact that in 2012 New Orleans saw a slight decrease in the murder rate from 2011, it still ranks third on the list of America’s deadliest cities. There were 193 murders in 2012, or 53.5 murders for every 100,000 citizens. O
4: St. Louis, Missouri
In 2012, there were 113 murders in St. Louis, or 35.5 murders for every 100,000 citizens - the same number as 2011.
5: Baltimore, Maryland
The city saw a 10% jump in the murder rate for 2012, with 217 homicides, or 35 murders for every 100,000 citizens. D
6: Birmingham, Alabama
Birmingham saw 72 murders, or 33.7 murders for every 100,000 citizens, a rate up 21.4% from last year.
7: Newark, New Jersey
There were 92 murders in Newark in 2012, or 33.1 murders for every 100,000 citizens, making it tied with Oakland for 7th deadliest city in America.
7: Oakland, California
In 2012, Oakland saw its highest number of murders since 2006, with 131 murders, or 33.1 murders for every 100,000 citizens.
8: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
There was a 4.7% rise in the murder rate for Baton Rouge, with 67 murders, or 28.9 for every 100,000 citizens in 2012.
9: Cleveland, Ohio
Cleveland has seen its fair share of violence and 2012 was no exception. The murder rate climbed from 75 in 2011 to 97 in 2012, or 24.6 murders for every 100,000 citizens.
10: Memphis, Tennessee
The murder rate in Memphis has continued to climb for three consecutive years, with a total of 157 people killed in 2012, or 24.1 murders for every 100,000 citizens. Memphis police director Toney Armstrong said around 90% of last year's homicides involved individuals who knew one another and that African American males under the age of 25 commited most of the city's homicides.
2010 murders.....

whites - 4,261

blacks - 4,209

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

rape...

whites - 10,178

blacks - 4,925

ok black folks, lock up you daughters when whitey is roaming free. just don't lock them up in a school. if you do rape will be the least of their problems when whitey shows up.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970569 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasan was a registered Democrat.
Hui Cho sent hate mail to the Bush administration multiple times.
James Holmes worked on Obama's campaign.
so much for your denial....
So, why are mass murderers attracted to the Democratic Party?
you've got nothing.

and thank god for level headed black woman who talk white shooters out of killing white children. wouldn't want that 84% white on white murder stat to get any higher.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#970570 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
This was also in that email.
Today, I went to the doctor for my monthly B12 shot that I have been getting for a number of years. The nurse came and got me, got out the needle filled and ready to go then looked at the computer and got very quiet and asked if I was prepared to pay for it. I said no that my insurance takes care of it. She said that Medicare had turned it down and went to talk to my Dr. about it. 15 minutes later she came back and said, she was sorry but they had tried every thing they could but Medicare is beginning to turn many things down for seniors because of the projected ObamaCare coming in. She was brushing at tears and said, "Some day they too will get old" I am so very sorry!!"
Any thoughts from anyone?
Sure Carol, my thought is that you made this story up out of whole cloth.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970571 Aug 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed to be a Buddhist while I have never claimed to be a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Holy Man or Used Car Salesman.
It has long been my experience that those who loudly claim to adhere to a certain philosophy or religion are but half-empty bottles - they make the most noise.
As it is written, you will know them by their works.
And certainly not by their braying in public.
that has been my experience also.

something you encounter quite often in the Bible Belt.

and was i making noise about being a Buddhist? i thought i was just pointing out Christian hypocrisy.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970572 Aug 26, 2013
Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean (D) on Sunday said Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) "doesn't know anything about healthcare" and questioned his suitability for higher office.

"Ted Cruz may be a very good politician, but he certainly does not know anything about health care," Dean said on CNN's "State of the Union."

The former governor called Cruz's plan for cross-state health insurance purchasing a "terrible idea," saying he wouldn't want Texas' insurance policies affecting Vermont's universal health care.

"So, these are crazy ideas from the far right," Dean said. "He's a slick spokesman and God help us if he ever does get to be anything more than the senator from Texas."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/h...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#970573 Aug 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
2010 murders.....
whites - 4,261
blacks - 4,209
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
rape...
whites - 10,178
blacks - 4,925
ok black folks, lock up you daughters when whitey is roaming free. just don't lock them up in a school. if you do rape will be the least of their problems when whitey shows up.
The United States ranks third in the world for gun violence.
If the cities of Chicago, New York, Washington and New Orleans were removed from the calculation, the United States would be the 4th best country in the world with regard to gun violence.

Why is that?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#970574 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
This was also in that email.
Today, I went to the doctor for my monthly B12 shot that I have been getting for a number of years. The nurse came and got me, got out the needle filled and ready to go then looked at the computer and got very quiet and asked if I was prepared to pay for it. I said no that my insurance takes care of it. She said that Medicare had turned it down and went to talk to my Dr. about it. 15 minutes later she came back and said, she was sorry but they had tried every thing they could but Medicare is beginning to turn many things down for seniors because of the projected ObamaCare coming in. She was brushing at tears and said, "Some day they too will get old" I am so very sorry!!"
Any thoughts from anyone?
Okay maybe you didn't make up that story, I miss read your post. My bad. But who ever posted that lied but you're willing to buy into it because it fits your preconceived notions.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#970575 Aug 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean (D) on Sunday said Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) "doesn't know anything about healthcare" and questioned his suitability for higher office.
"Ted Cruz may be a very good politician, but he certainly does not know anything about health care," Dean said on CNN's "State of the Union."
The former governor called Cruz's plan for cross-state health insurance purchasing a "terrible idea," saying he wouldn't want Texas' insurance policies affecting Vermont's universal health care.
"So, these are crazy ideas from the far right," Dean said. "He's a slick spokesman and God help us if he ever does get to be anything more than the senator from Texas."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/h...
Isn't Howard Dean the same person who was on MSNBC the night of the election for Senator to fill Ted Kennedy's vacant seat, and he blamed George Bush for Coakeley's loss?

Can you quote anyone who isn't a nut?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#970576 Aug 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you've got nothing.
and thank god for level headed black woman who talk white shooters out of killing white children. wouldn't want that 84% white on white murder stat to get any higher.
If the cities of Chicago, New York, Washington and New Orleans were removed from the calculation, the United States would be the 4th best country in the world with regard to gun violence.

Why is that?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#970577 Aug 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
that has been my experience also.
something you encounter quite often in the Bible Belt.
and was i making noise about being a Buddhist? i thought i was just pointing out Christian hypocrisy.
You're a goddam Islamist jihadist dupe, moron... and a communist dupe.
It would drive any normal person insane to be a dupe for both of those ideologies.

How's that investigation into the unconstitutional activities of Obama's NSA going?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#970578 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a story sent to me in my email. Don't know who the woman in the story is. Probably a story being passed along.
But apparently this happened to someone and probably is beginning to happen to a lot of others in their 70s.
The next step, of course, is the Obama control freaks forcing doctors to take Medicare patients or pay a fine.
Gotta control the people, ya' know.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Wrong Carol, it didn't happen to anyone it's just another one of the chain emails sent out by right wingers because they know fools like you will buy into it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970579 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
Lane shooting....

I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers,” said Tim Fischer, a former deputy prime minister, in an interview with Melbourne’s Herald Sun newspaper,“[But] it’s a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the U.S.A. There is a gun for almost every American.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...

John Howard, who served as prime minister of Australia from 1996 to 2007, is no one’s idea of a lefty. He was one of George W. Bush’s closest allies, enthusiastically backing the Iraq intervention, and took a hard line domestically against increased immigration and union organizing (pdf).

But one of Howard’s other lasting legacies is Australia’s gun control regime, first passed in 1996 in response to a massacre in Tasmania that left 35 dead. The law banned semiautomatic and automatic rifles and shotguns. It also instituted a mandatory buy-back program for newly banned weapons.

On Wednesday, Howard took to the Melbourne daily the Age to call on the United States, in light of the Aurora, Colo., massacre, to follow in Australia’s footsteps.“There are many American traits which we Australians could well emulate to our great benefit,” he concluded.“But when it comes to guns, we have been right to take a radically different path.”

So what have the Australian laws actually done for homicide and suicide rates? Howard cites a study (pdf) by Andrew Leigh of Australian National University and Christine Neill of Wilfrid Laurier University finding that the firearm homicide rate fell by 59 percent, and the firearm suicide rate fell by 65 percent, in the decade after the law was introduced, without a parallel increase in non-firearm homicides and suicides. That provides strong circumstantial evidence for the law’s effectiveness.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

so you tell me what the problem is. does that make it obvious enough even for you?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970580 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a goddam Islamist jihadist dupe, moron... and a communist dupe.
It would drive any normal person insane to be a dupe for both of those ideologies.
How's that investigation into the unconstitutional activities of Obama's NSA going?
investigation?

which one? the right wing farce or the real one?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970581 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Howard Dean the same person who was on MSNBC the night of the election for Senator to fill Ted Kennedy's vacant seat, and he blamed George Bush for Coakeley's loss?
Can you quote anyone who isn't a nut?
oh good lord.

can you quote anyone beyond yourself Mr. Topix nutjob?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#970582 Aug 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> lol! I hope she runs for president! I sure don't see cons saying that.
Cons must REALLY hate her!
I wouldn't vote the Park Ridge POS, for dogcatcher. All you should do is listen to her talk to her underlings. If she was anywhere near me and talked as she does, a backhand across her mouth, as I walked away, she would never see it coming.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#970583 Aug 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! She's an idiot son. And since you're a follower of hers, that makes you a bigger idiot!

I love this comedy channel!
In the mean time unemployment rise to 9% and you Liberals still hating Sarah Palin who created 10,000 jobs in Alaska.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970584 Aug 26, 2013
After six budget showdowns, big government is mostly unchanged

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-...

pretty effective that Tea Party is.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#970585 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
If you look at homicides by gun per 100,000 population, then the US ranks mid range.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#970586 Aug 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Syria...
What is happening in Syria is not civil war. It is Suni Wahhabist trying to take control of the government and replace the Iranian Shi'ite influence. It's nothing more than the usual Suni-Shi'ite bullshit.
Who are the "rebels" in Syria?
Al Qaeda.
Who are the "extablishment" in Syria?
Iranian dupes.
Russia will send their most advanced anti ship missiles to Syria.
This will be just one more time the Russians prove Obama is Putin's bitch.
Now, why would Obama get sailors killed backing Al Qaeda in their attempt to take control of Syria?
It's a no-win situation. Any way it turns out, the government of Syria will be an enemy of the United States.
Besides, why the fuck are we helping Al Qaeda? We should be helping the Syrian government kill them.
Kind of (WTH we doing in) LIBYA? Just more...

Foreign Policy Failure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,656
Amy 10-24 1 hr your poor wife 15
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 179,475
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 5 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 5 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]