Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,553)

Showing posts 891,041 - 891,060 of1,073,062
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. The proofs in the pudding...
.... or in your case, the lack thereof!
I can tell you don't like the truth being told either and it is funny and the proof is in your case in your post just like the one i am replying to.
National Black Republican

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

About The NBRA

Our vision is that black Americans will become power players in the political arena so that they can seize control over their own destiny and move into our ownership society through small business and home ownership.

MISSION: The mission of the National Black Republican Association (NBRA) is to be a resource for the black community on Republican ideals and promote the traditional values of the black community which are the core values of the Republican Party: strong families, faith in God, personal responsibility, quality education, and equal opportunities for all.

GOAL: The goal of the NBRA is to return black Americans to their Republican Party roots by enlightening them about how Republicans fought for their freedom and civil rights, and are now fighting for their educational and economic advancement.

OBJECTIVES: The objectives of the NBRA are to conduct a nationwide grassroots educational campaign in black communities; champion school choice opportunity scholarships to give black parents educational options and access to a quality education for their children; and provide training and resources for grassroots activists and candidates for elected office.

http://www.nbra.info/index.cfm... ;
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Controversial Ad Links MLK, GOP

Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele (R), who is running for the U.S. Senate, denounced the King ad, and Donald E. Scoggins, president of Republicans for Black Empowerment and a former member of the association, said it was a terrible idea.

Black Republicans railed against the radio ads, with the sharpest criticism coming from former members of the black Republican association.

"The vast majority of black Republicans I know would not have approved of the ad," Scoggins said.

In the ad, a black woman says, "Dr. King was a real man," and a second one responds, "You know he was a Republican."

"Dr. King, a Republican?"

The women go on to say that Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan, lumping together those in the South with others in the North who reached out to African Americans with New Deal programs and by desegregating the armed forces.

The backlash was so fierce that Rice stopped answering telephone calls. "We anticipated some controversy, but my goodness, we struck a nerve," she said in an interview from Sarasota, Fla.

"I absolutely do not regret the ads," said Rice, 62, a native of Atlanta, King's hometown. He "absolutely was a Republican," she insisted. "We were all Republicans in those days. The Democrats were training fire hoses on us, siccing dogs on us."

It is true that Southern Democrats, many of whom called themselves "Dixiecrats," blocked the social and political progress of black Southerners for decades. Among them was Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.), a former local leader in the Ku Klux Klan. Byrd has said he regrets his affiliation.

In 1960, King was arrested for trespassing during a sit-in and held in Georgia's Reidsville prison. Fearing for his son's life, Martin Luther King Sr. appealed to presidential candidate John F. Kennedy to secure his release.

When King was freed, his father vowed to deliver 10 million votes to the Democrat, even though Kennedy was only a reluctant supporter of civil rights. That began four decades of black people voting for liberals.

The younger King voted for Kennedy, and for Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson four years later. In that election, King publicly denounced the Republican candidate, Barry Goldwater.

Today, the vast majority of black voters are Democrats, including former ambassador to the United Nations Andrew Young and former presidential hopeful Jesse L. Jackson, two former King aides.

That is why the ad was "a joke," said Christopher Arps, a former spokesman for Rice and the association. "Anyone with any sense knows that most black people were Republican at one time. But it's a far stretch to think that in the '60s Martin Luther King was a Republican."

Arps and Scoggins resigned from the association board last year when they disagreed with Rice on a separate issue. She wanted to support President Bush when he came under fire for his administration's slow response to Hurricane Katrina.

"In terms of what we're trying to do, encourage more blacks to look at the Republican Party, I didn't think we could do that in an in-your-face-type way," Scoggins said. "There were bodies floating in the street."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Cwazee!
Another poster said that he was 60 when the Presidents mother was 20 and gave birth. Yer outta yer minduh. Stupid birfer nutjob.
YOu should be ashamed of yourself.
Brack's Momma wasn't the poster gurl for morality when she met Brack's daddy, whomever he might be??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

'Martin Luther King was a Republican': The billboard that encourages African-Americans to switch parties

However, in 2008, Dr King’s son Martin Luther King III said:'It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican.

'It is even more outrageous to suggest he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African-American votes in Florida and many other states.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22246...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Another Republican claims that Martin Luther King Jr. was part of the GOP

....Another academic authority on King was not as generous in his assessment of the motivation for suggesting King was a Republican. Michael K. Honey, a professor at the University of Washington-Tacoma and author of "Going Down Jericho Road: The Memphis Strike, Martin Luther King’s Last Campaign" (2007), said in an email: "Do they now make things up out of whole cloth or do they fabricate based on assumptions with no actual knowledge. In either case, not very good qualifications for office."

Honey, who edited a collection of King’s speeches released last year as "All Labor Has Dignity," said the idea that King was a Republican is "laughable...His interest was in getting both parties to do the right thing on issues. The Democrats certainly disappointed him on the (Vietnam) war, and the Republicans had an orthodox conservatism opposed to most of the changes he wanted to see."

PolitiFact Texas looked into a similar claim in 2011 and interviewed David J. Garrow, author of the Pulitzer Prize winning King biography "Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King Jr. and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference" (1986). He said in told them: "It is simply incorrect to call Dr. King a Republican."

Our Ruling:

Weighing the niece’s claim against King’s son’s, Honey’s and Garrow’s, and Goings’ speculation that he might have had to register as a Republican even though he always voted the Democratic ticket, it seems to us that the preponderance of the evidence shows that a claim that Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican is simply False.

http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/statement...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Martin Luther King: a champion of organized labor and redistribution of wealth

How many are familiar with all 10 demands of the 1963 March on Washington? Would you be surprised to hear that those demands include jobs and a minimum income for all Americans, and adequate housing for all Americans? How many people know that the 1963 March on Washington, the scene for the highly exalted "I Have a Dream" speech, wasn't even organized by King? Rather it was organized by a man named A. Philip Randolph, a black man who was vice president of the AFL-CIO. Randolph organized the 1963 march originally as a response to the Kennedy administration's refusal to meet with the AFL-CIO to discuss the growing problem of unemployment. Randolph invited King and the Civil Rights movement to take part in the march later in order to boost the attendance and appeal of the march. How many know that King was assassisnated while he was participating in a sanitation worker's union strike in Tennessee?

If any of this surprises you, that's okay, you're not alone. But we should ask why is it surprising? Why is it that we recall the clear message of racial equality in King's dream, but the message of economic equality is much foggier? Does anyone find it ironic that one of America's greatest heroes is the same man who demanded a redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor?

http://www.examiner.com/article/martin-luther...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>What's bizarre is, you're a Reagan worshipper &, you believe in your republican little heart that, if you add ist or, ism to a word, that makes it a threat to humankind. It's bizarre because he doesn't dine with the snobs? Only in your eyes!
Obama doesn't dine with snobs? Ha! That's too funny.

Who do you think he dined with at the exclusive vacation spot for the rich and famous on Martha's Vineyard?

Who do you think he dines with at $50k a plate WH dinners and fundraisers?

There are just as many - if not more - filthy rich snobs in the Democratic Party who Obama dines with than the Republican Party.

You just don't want to know that.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Source :-)
Google. Look it up yourself.

You know you won't.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>What's bizarre is, you're a Reagan worshipper &, you believe in your republican little heart that, if you add ist or, ism to a word, that makes it a threat to humankind. It's bizarre because he doesn't dine with the snobs? Only in your eyes!
I had a tremendous respect for Ronald Reagan. The worshippers are on your side of the fence.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Google. Look it up yourself.
You know you won't.
we know you don't.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
'Martin Luther King was a Republican': The billboard that encourages African-Americans to switch parties
However, in 2008, Dr King’s son Martin Luther King III said:'It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican.
'It is even more outrageous to suggest he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African-American votes in Florida and many other states.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22246...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
No one is trying to suppress anyone's votes. A picture ID when it comes to fairness at the polls is not suppressing anything except the temptation to commit voting fraud.

King did not endorse either party.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Since things have slowed down a bit, anyone want to talk about UFOs?

Astronaut Gordon Cooper talks about two personal experiences with UFOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell you don't like the truth being told either and it is funny and the proof is in your case in your post just like the one i am replying to.
Ah! Because you said so!

Seems to be a standard response from the right wing nuts!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a tremendous respect for Ronald Reagan. The worshippers are on your side of the fence.
Funny. I hear many on your side longing for the days of Reagan.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is trying to suppress anyone's votes. A picture ID when it comes to fairness at the polls is not suppressing anything except the temptation to commit voting fraud.
King did not endorse either party.
Actually, they are.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Would love to but race, Saturday night, and company have took me to the limit. Another time.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, they are.
Right. Just like the photo ID on your DL interferes with your ability to drive a vehicle.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
We need hard evidence.

When you get a chance, could you catch one for me?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! Because you said so!
Seems to be a standard response from the right wing nuts!
anything is better than the standard reponse that comes from the Radical Left wing nuts on the Left which has been proven many times over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 891,041 - 891,060 of1,073,062
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search