Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970218 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama will surely be more successful in dealing with aliens than in dealing with any real problems.
and i thought it was just the liberals who insulted carol.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#970219 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting an innocent person on trial is a crime in itself and those like Obama who forced the issue are guilty.
in this country all people charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty. so what you are saying is nobody should be brought to trial. do I have that right.

and since you swear that juries are always right, I guess that means you believe OJ was innocent of murder too.

glad we cleared that up
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970221 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting an innocent person on trial is a crime in itself and those like Obama who forced the issue are guilty.
so a black person who pulls a 'Zimmerman' and gets off by pleading self defense....

ok, spin it. you know, tell us how the black person should have been on trial so i can be accused of 'dividing'.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#970222 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Noobody uses the US Mail to pay utility bills or conduct banking (except maybe retarded retired used car dealers).
And you're not thinking before you post__per usual.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970223 Aug 25, 2013
Living in a time of moral cowardice

“So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.”

Martin Luther King, Jr., August 28, 1963

This is “tomorrow.”

Meaning that unknowable future whose unknowable difficulties Martin Luther King invoked half a century ago when he told America about his dream. If you could somehow magically bring him here, that tomorrow would likely seem miraculous to him, faced as he was with a time when segregation, police brutality, employment discrimination and voter suppression were widely and openly practiced.

Here in tomorrow, after all, the president is black. The business mogul is black. The movie star is black. The sports icon is black. The reporter, the scholar, the lawyer, the teacher, the doctor, all of them are black. And King might think for a moment that he was wrong about tomorrow and its troubles.

It would not take long for him to see the grimy truth beneath the shiny surface, to learn that the perpetual suspect is also black. As are the indigent woman, the dropout, the fatherless child, the suppressed voter, and the boy lying dead in the grass with candy and iced tea in his pocket.

King would see that for all the progress we have made, we live in a time of proud ignorance and moral cowardice wherein some white people — not all — smugly but incorrectly pronounce all racial problems solved. More galling, it is an era of such cognitive incoherence that conservatives — acolytes of the ideology against which King struggled all his life — now routinely claim ownership of his movement and kinship with his cause.

When he was under fire for questioning the constitutionality of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, for instance, Sen. Rand Paul wanted it known that he’d have marched with King had he been of age. And he probably believes that.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/24/3581870...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970224 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
its better than supporting the largest terrorist force in the Middle East the IDF, responsible for the attack on the USS Liberty and unarmed U.S. vessel resulting in the death of 70 U.S. sailors.
Jew-haters like you are the core of the modern DemoKKKrat party.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#970225 Aug 25, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>How about if the government starts taxing for profit hospitals and PHARMA?
They do. Next!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970226 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
George Wallace was an economic liberal, just as many anti-abortion evangelicals are economic liberals.
wrong again. anti-abortion evangelicals can't be economic liberals.

they don't want to pay taxes even though they should.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970227 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
in this country all people charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty. so what you are saying is nobody should be brought to trial. do I have that right.
and since you swear that juries are always right, I guess that means you believe OJ was innocent of murder too.
glad we cleared that up
Nobody should be brought to trial without evidence to support the charges. In Zimmerman's, the second degree murder charge was absurd. Some lesser charge may have been appropriate.

OJ was acquitted because of a racist jury and an incompetent affirmative action prosecution team.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#970228 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
George Wallace was an economic liberal, just as many anti-abortion evangelicals are economic liberals.
so you are saying Wallace followed John Maynard Keynes economic theories over Milton Friedman?? got any evidence of that, because this is the first time I ever heard that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970229 Aug 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so a black person who pulls a 'Zimmerman' and gets off by pleading self defense....
ok, spin it. you know, tell us how the black person should have been on trial so i can be accused of 'dividing'.
Galt cannot comment on a case where the facts are unknown.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970230 Aug 25, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And you're not thinking before you post__per usual.
Noobody uses the US Mail to pay utility bills or conduct banking (except maybe retarded retired used car dealers).

Elmont, Long Island NY

#970231 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jew-haters like you are the core of the modern DemoKKKrat party.
Israeli butt kissers are the problem with this country.

are you denying the fact that the IDF attacked the USS Liberty?

you also seem to be denying that most Jews vote Democrat

tell me son, are any of your opinions based on facts and reality

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#970232 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
glad we cleared that up
The police detained, questioned, and released the Zimmerman after determining he acted in self defense. That should have been the end of it. But the mob rule crowd wanted a lynching so the race baiters forced an illegal detention and trial. OJ was detained, questioned, and charged in the crime. There is a big difference.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#970233 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and Holder had zero to do with Zimmerman's arrest and eventual trial. Rick Scott and Pam Bobdi, both ushered into office by the TeaParty, knew they had "another" storm brewing in Sanford Florida and took the case away from the Seminole-Brevard state attorneys office and appointed the conservative JAX office to see the investigation through.

These people were all Republicans.

The Sanford police department has a history of not investigating "friends of LE" who shoot or beat black persons.

Stop making sht up!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#970234 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody should be brought to trial without evidence to support the charges. In Zimmerman's, the second degree murder charge was absurd. Some lesser charge may have been appropriate.
OJ was acquitted because of a racist jury and an incompetent affirmative action prosecution team.
gee, change you story much?? so juries can be wrong. but only you know which decisions are made in error, right?
Yeah

San Francisco, CA

#970235 Aug 25, 2013
There you go again wrote:
<quoted text>
yes the skittles are scary when your making lean out of it
Did he son?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#970236 Aug 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
once again....those were conservative democrats.
So was FDR then who was a Pseudo Liberal Democrat which most Pseudo Liberal Democrats today associate themselves with but if they knew the Social & Economical Policies FDR advocated for FDR would be definiely considered and labeled as a conservative then by the thinking & definition that today's Pseudo Liberal Democrats use because FDR would definitley reject Modern Pseudo Liberalism and direction it has taken and would have been considered a Dixiecrat back then in the 1960's too and everything the Dixiecrat's stood for and why most modern Pseudo Liberal Democrats are seen in the public eye today as nothing more than Bigots & Hypocrites because the Original Democrat Party was for Conservatism and not this progressivism that is destroy the United States Socially and Economically.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970237 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are saying Wallace followed John Maynard Keynes economic theories over Milton Friedman?? got any evidence of that, because this is the first time I ever heard that.
George Wallace was an economic populist, just like many Southern Democrats. Race was just a tool to win elections.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970238 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Israeli butt kissers are the problem with this country.
are you denying the fact that the IDF attacked the USS Liberty?
you also seem to be denying that most Jews vote Democrat
tell me son, are any of your opinions based on facts and reality
Galt is concerned about the world today, not an isolated incident that occurred during a war in 1967.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min Mandela 70,098
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,621
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 2 hr shell 365
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Sgt Prepper 179,386
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 6 hr Just Saying 54,525
Perfect for Halloween 6 hr Harem 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 7 hr Godly 18
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]