Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277547 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#970603 Aug 26, 2013
That should be rake. I have no idea where that came from.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#970604 Aug 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress is just sitting on its butt through all of this. Right now, there is only one branch of government and it is tyrrsanical.
There are no checks and balances.
The Democratic Senate have become co-conspirators in ensuring a tyrannical executive branch and the Republican House are labeled traitors if they dare express disloyalty to the sovereignty.

That's where we are.

The SCOTUS has become a divided but politically-motivated and politically correct appeaser of the tyranny.

Unless the American people come to terms with who and what they elected, it's never going to change. Republicans can't possibly be any worse and, in fact, they have to be the better of the two parties considering the borderline oppression imposed on us by the party in power.

It's the American people who don't seem to mind that concern me.

Good morning, shinning.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#970605 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. Insulation.
As a matter of fact even after 17 years, since I sold it to a national chain, I still have customers calling me to do some work for them. How's that for loyalty? I have to go today and measure a new banquet hall for a local golf course that wants me to insulate it.(Loyal customers again) All I have to do is tell them what kind of material to buy and I will install it. About a day, day and a half worth of work. I get a year of free golf for the trouble. Not a bad deal.

Orlando, FL

#970606 Aug 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm a Buddhist.
'Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.'
words you should take to heart.
You should try and convert the NAACP then.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#970607 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, Obamacare is getting rid of the benefits for most at Olive Garden and similar places. You said spend millions on buildings and advertizing and putting minimum wage people in front of your customers was a bad idea. I proved you wrong. In places like libtard center of the universe California they are trying to make a TIPS part of the bill, automatically. I turn around and leave any establishment that adds the TIPS to the bill no matter the service.
TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service, not I don't pay my employees enough so you have to make up the difference no matter how bad the service sucks!!!!

In restaurants, those that face the public make more than minimum wage after tips. For you to consider just their wage is dishonest.

BTW, I never said no company puts minimum wage people as their face to the public. I said dumbass people/companies did.

Orlando, FL

#970608 Aug 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
'There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.'
Buddha
Liberals seem to fall short by making both mistakes.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970609 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should try and convert the NAACP then.
http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/watch_bi...

though that would be a big waste of time. the man gets paid to act like he's angry.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970610 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals seem to fall short by making both mistakes.
so says the person who posts right wing fictional emails.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#970611 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't rack. I have a grass catcher on the mower.
Absolutely NO tips for you then lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#970612 Aug 26, 2013
flack wrote:
That should be rake. I have no idea where that came from.
Pool? Pick a pocket and stand at least cue stick and a couple inches back lol.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#970613 Aug 26, 2013
Tropical waves now starting to move off the coast of Africa. Things could be getting busy in the next week or so.

Orlando, FL

#970614 Aug 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, everything you get in emails is God's honest truth. The fact is that these emails have been floating around since 2009. Let's take these one at a time;
All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
False. That’s simply not what the bill says at all. This page includes "SEC. 152. PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE," which says that "except as otherwise explicitly permitted by this Act and by subsequent regulations consistent with this Act, all health care and related services (including insurance coverage and public health activities) covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services." However, the bill does explicitly say that illegal immigrants can’t get any government money to pay for health care. Page 143 states: "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States." Current law prohibits illegal immigrants from participating in government health care programs.
The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
False. This section aims to simplify electronic payments for health services, the same sort of electronic payments that already are common for such things as utility bills or mortgage payments. The bill calls for the secretary of Health and Human Services to set standards for electronic administrative transactions that would "enable electronic funds transfers, in order to allow automated reconciliation with the related health care payment and remittance advice." There is no mention of "individual bank accounts" nor of any new government authority over them. Also, the section does not say that electronic payments from consumers is required.
The IRS will have to share information about medical records and financial statuses to keep track of us all.

You wouldn't the IRS NOT to have your personal information to keep track of you, now would you?

I thought you liked being kept track of.

Orlando, FL

#970615 Aug 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
Misleading. Page 65 is the start of a section (SEC. 164. REINSURANCE PROGRAM FOR RETIREES) that would set up a new federal reinsurance plan to benefit retirees and spouses covered by any employer plan, not just those run by labor unions or nonprofit groups. Specifically, it covers “retirees and ... spouses, surviving spouses and dependents of such retirees” who are covered by “employment-based plans” that provide health benefits. It’s open to any “group health benefits plan that ... is maintained by one or more employers, former employers or employee associations,” as well as voluntary employees’ beneficiary associations (page 66). Furthermore, the aim of the fund is to cut premiums, copays and deductibles for the retirees. Payment “shall not be used to reduce the costs of an employer.”
Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.
Misleading. It’s true that page 253 refers to “relative value units” to be used when determining payment rates for doctor’s services, and that such RVUs would weigh factors “such as time, mental effort and professional judgment, technical skill and physical effort, and stress due to risk.” But this is nothing new; the government already uses RVUs when setting rates it will pay under Medicare. For example, the RVUs assigned to a colonoscopy are currently double the RVUs assigned to an intermediate office visit. In fact, page 253 is part of a section (Sec. 1122) that sets up a process for correcting existing but “potentially misvalued” rates.
Guess that's why there's over 20,000 pages of regulations - to keep all of this "misleading" information from being so confusing.

Keep following Obama and the rest of the liberal herd right over the cliff. Like buffalo. You'll figure out soon enough you followed the wrong buffalo.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#970616 Aug 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing would surprise me when it comes to that poster.
I can't imagine MediCare paying for a monthly vitamin B 12 shot without proof of a serious vitamin B deficiency. Whatever.
Florida Hospital(Adventist Health Group) is getting in to the health insurance business by partnering with Health First in select Florida counties with plans for eventual expansion. Steve Johnson, CEO of Health First said, "as an industry we should have done this ten fifteen years ago, what we've been doing simply isn't sustainable."
Of course--a B 12 shot wouldn't cost as much as a pharmaceutical and would cause a patient to maintain their health, we can't have that--O'bama care, not about health, not about care--it is about medicating the masses.
Recent studies from the U.S. Framingham trial show one in four adults in the United States are deficient in this vitally important nutrient, and nearly half the population has suboptimal blood levels. But O'bama and his stinking liberals don't care: they are trying to shut vitamins down every day. Dick Durbin the democrat is the most heinous senator on this. It is his goal in life evidentally.

Orlando, FL

#970617 Aug 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Rationalize it all you want Carol but when George W. Bush was elected those on both sides of the aisle were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and work with him. Democrats didn't gather on the night of his inauguration and take a blood oath to block anything he proposed like the Republicans did at the Caucus Room. No Democrat from the Senate declared that their primary goal was to make him a one term president. No one burned a white church to the ground on the night he was elected as happened to a black church in Springfield Massachusetts the night Obama won.
No Carol, right from the beginning people like you were willing to buy into the innuendoes and asinine conspiracy theories simply because he was the black guy with a funny name. Slice it any way you want but that spells racism.
Someone wrote a book on how to assassinate GWB. The outcry was barely heard.

But in honor of MLK who once had a dream a man would be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin...a man's character doesn't "evolve" right before an election to get votes.

You and Realtime are the ones dishonoring MLK's dream by continually bringing up Obama's skin color every time someone criticizes his character.

Time for you both to look at the man in the mirror.

Obama, himself, is responsible for encouraging racial division. Perhaps if he had forgiven and forgotten the sins of his own party and moved on, we still wouldn't be talking about it and the old wounds of the past wouldn't have been opened again.

Prevented this

#970618 Aug 26, 2013
Terrorist activists accuse Assad of chemical weapons, it is just like liberals who accuse Republicans of being racists day in and day out. They are all cut from the same terrorist cloth.

Orlando, FL

#970619 Aug 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, my thought is that you made this story up out of whole cloth.
As I've said twice before, it wasn't me in that story. It was passed along in the same email I received.

But it's certainly not hard to believe Medicare suddenly denied that woman treatment under Obamacare.

It was happening everywhere. Physicians are now being bribed with more money to take Medicare patients because Obamacare depends on it and many were leaving it by the droves.

Orlando, FL

#970620 Aug 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay maybe you didn't make up that story, I miss read your post. My bad. But who ever posted that lied but you're willing to buy into it because it fits your preconceived notions.
Thank you for realizing it and admitting it.

However, physicians were dropping Medicare patients like hot potatoes, so you're still mistaken about the preconceived notions.

Prevented this

#970621 Aug 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS will have to share information about medical records and financial statuses to keep track of us all.
You wouldn't the IRS NOT to have your personal information to keep track of you, now would you?
I thought you liked being kept track of.
It doesn't matter if you had a disease 13 years ago and were cured, these records will be electronic and made available to the the IRS and the O'bama appointees, who will decide that you had a pre-existing condition, if if it no longer exists. The insurance you will be rated for will be too expensive for most to afford. More than likely being born will be a pre-existing condition under the O'bama plan.

Orlando, FL

#970622 Aug 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
After six budget showdowns, big government is mostly unchanged
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-...
pretty effective that Tea Party is.
It's certainly not because House Republicans didn't try to come up with a budget to reduce federal government spending. It's because Senate Democrats didn't even provide a budget for four years and wouldn't bring up any budget passed by the House for a vote. So they could blame Republicans and call them the obstructionists.

And you along with many others fell for it.

That's what concerns me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,999
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min PEllen 100,660
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,568
Ask amy 9-2-15 2 hr Kuuipo 13
How to get into the USA. 4 hr New Beach Boys Song 4
News Three Men Arrested for Oak Park Carjacking, Arm... 4 hr They Shot da Cop 2
abby9-2-15 4 hr Mister Tonka 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages