Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#970474 Aug 25, 2013
The Justice Department is suing Louisiana over school vouchers. Vouchers were distributed in 2012-13 to nearly 600 public school students.

Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal called the department's action "shameful" and that Obama and Holder "are trying to keep kids trapped in failing public schools against the wishes of their parents."

Jindal said in a news release, "After generations of being denied a choice, parents finally can choose a school for their child, but now the federal government is stepping in to prevent parents from exercising this right. Shame on them. Parents should have the ability to decide where to send their child to school."

http://news.msn.com/us/justice-dept-sues-loui...

State Education Superintendent John White said "it's a little ridiculous" and ironic that rules established to combat racism were being called on to keep black students in failing schools.

Barack Obama and Eric Holder don't care about black students being stuck in failing schools and doomed to a vicious cycle of poverty because Democrats get votes if their parents feel victimized by a system which Barack Obama and Eric Holder desperately want to keep in place.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#970476 Aug 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Cellphones have certainly made a difference more recently in the number of sightings getting on video and out to the public.
But there's enough evidence coming out the wazoo.
I've seen many shows and documentaries on the subject. Some footage - especially one taken from outer space - would blow your mind. Not to mention military personnel on nuclear bases who have broken their silence after retirement and the fact they are definitely keeping an eye on our nuclear capabilities.
You really should see the documentary "Out of the Blue". It's the best one I've seen narrated by Kevin Costner.
Promise me you'll try to see it in your spare time. You seem convinced but not quite convinced unless I'm reading something into your posts that isn't there.
Here it is on You Tube in its entirety.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cYPCKIL7oVwXX
It really starts picking up around the 30 minute mark. But the Phoenix lights sighting is pretty fascinating at the beginning.
You won't regret watching it if you're really as open-minded about it as you seem.
There isn't anything since the beginning of civilization more intriguing and more profound - the fact we are most definitely not alone - in my opinion.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I'll try watching it tomorrow.

I'm going for a ride in a Spaceship tonight:>

Orlando, FL

#970478 Aug 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I have an open mind.
I have two video sequences burned into my world-famous engrams.
Both are from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
First sequence is the chimps gang-fighting when it suddenly occurs to one - like an epiphany - to use a bone as a weapon. He begins crushing the skulls of his opponents with it.
The second sequence is the movie's fast forward to a Lunar Archeological Site where workers have uncovered the humongous Monolith trigger left by those who are watching us. When we disturb the Monolith, they instantly become alerted that Earth's inhabitants are about to leave the nest.
It's a movie and a Sci-Fi story but perhaps we have already triggered the Monolith in a different way.
It's like we're the last one's on the galactic block to have gotten Color TV. Feels bad, don't it?:>
Since there is evidence of extraterrestrials involved in early civilizations, I sometimes wonder if we're not connected in more ways than we even imagine.

We're just now beginning to catch up with technology that seems "out of this world", and I don't think it's just because we suddenly got smarter.

I have no doubt you have an open mind. Still hope you take a look at that video/documentary. Wish everyone would.

It's not the only documentary about UFOs and ETs but certainly one of the most revealing that I've ever seen. Just ran across it last weekend myself and watched it on Netflix.

Lapeer, MI

#970479 Aug 25, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredibly, you'll never be old, right? Oblama's death panels await you however.
They'll turn *Buy American or Drop Dead* into Solyant Green.

...then he'll REALLY be a cracka...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#970481 Aug 25, 2013
BOULDER COLORADO _ BOULDER COLORADO _ BOULDER COLORADO

<noisily-high>

stay far far away from this wacky stuff

Lapeer, MI

#970482 Aug 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
The Justice Department is suing Louisiana over school vouchers. Vouchers were distributed in 2012-13 to nearly 600 public school students.
Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal called the department's action "shameful" and that Obama and Holder "are trying to keep kids trapped in failing public schools against the wishes of their parents."
Jindal said in a news release, "After generations of being denied a choice, parents finally can choose a school for their child, but now the federal government is stepping in to prevent parents from exercising this right. Shame on them. Parents should have the ability to decide where to send their child to school."
http://news.msn.com/us/justice-dept-sues-loui...
State Education Superintendent John White said "it's a little ridiculous" and ironic that rules established to combat racism were being called on to keep black students in failing schools.
Barack Obama and Eric Holder don't care about black students being stuck in failing schools and doomed to a vicious cycle of poverty because Democrats get votes if their parents feel victimized by a system which Barack Obama and Eric Holder desperately want to keep in place.
Magic Negro and Eric Racist Holder: keep 'em stupid or they might revolt!

Orlando, FL

#970484 Aug 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try watching it tomorrow.
I'm going for a ride in a Spaceship tonight:>
See? Not sure if you're kidding or not.

But hope you find time to watch it anyway. I'd like to know what you thought about it.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#970485 Aug 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling that the Magic Negro is about to do something really stupid.
And Putin will make him look like the foolish boy that he is.
I'm waiting for him to sing Al Green before the UN Security Council.
With Samantha Powers singing backup:)
Military action would be extremely retarded (but not unexpected). If he really gave a fck about Syrian civilians, he should have air-dropped gas masks (along with operatives to explain their use) months ago when Assad first started threatening chemical attacks.....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#970487 Aug 25, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Made my Labor Day plans, shouldn't be a Traygone/Oblama look a like in a hundred miles.
That's the key (as long as you dont see any cracka hhillbilly chimps). Getting to be a lot of those too these days (due mainly to the prevalence of sht-hop music).....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#970489 Aug 25, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
How long does it take you to walk to the methadone clinic, in those wooden shoes?
Dont forget her George Washington-era wooden dentures. She dumps them in an empty glass when its time to go to work in trannytown....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#970491 Aug 25, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
It got so hot the forests spontaneously ignited? wow.
All the frisco phags have moved from the bathhouses to the forest rest stops, one too many bouts of pole-smking, and "kaboom".....

Lapeer, MI

#970495 Aug 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
See? Not sure if you're kidding or not.
But hope you find time to watch it anyway. I'd like to know what you thought about it.
Gee. Can't I joke around without offending anyone?

Jesus really wanted to be doctor but he got nailed on the boards.

See? I'm joking:>

I'm gonna watch it as soon as I can.

Wiki - 2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_O%27Hare_In...

Pay particular attention to the FOIA request filed by the Chicago Tribune after the FAA did nothing regarding the event.

The Feds are *ALWAYS* in official denial.

Orlando, FL

#970496 Aug 25, 2013
NEW YORK — As the clock ticks down to the launch of health care reform, hundreds of businesses, unions and advocacy groups are still pushing to win concessions on the far-reaching law.

Restaurants want to increase the number of hours that define a full-time worker. Unionized electrical workers are seeking to change the treatment of health care plans offered by multiple employers. Medical device companies hope to end a tax against them even though they are already paying that tax.

There is an urgency to push for changes now because it will become much harder to do so once the law takes full effect in January.

http://news.msn.com/us/with-launch-near-deman...

I say bring it on. The sooner we see this is a disaster, the better.

Orlando, FL

#970497 Aug 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. Can't I joke around without offending anyone?
Jesus really wanted to be doctor but he got nailed on the boards.
See? I'm joking:>
I'm gonna watch it as soon as I can.
Wiki - 2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_O%27Hare_In...
Pay particular attention to the FOIA request filed by the Chicago Tribune after the FAA did nothing regarding the event.
The Feds are *ALWAYS* in official denial.
The Feds aren't in denial. They just want absolute secrecy.

Roswell was the first major cover up.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#970499 Aug 25, 2013
NEWSFLASH!! OBAMA'S SON FOUND RAPPING IN MEMPHIS!!

Lapeer, MI

#970500 Aug 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
NEW YORK — As the clock ticks down to the launch of health care reform, hundreds of businesses, unions and advocacy groups are still pushing to win concessions on the far-reaching law.
Restaurants want to increase the number of hours that define a full-time worker. Unionized electrical workers are seeking to change the treatment of health care plans offered by multiple employers. Medical device companies hope to end a tax against them even though they are already paying that tax.
There is an urgency to push for changes now because it will become much harder to do so once the law takes full effect in January.
I say bring it on. The sooner we see this is a disaster, the better.
Congress is just sitting on its butt through all of this. Right now, there is only one branch of government and it is tyrrsanical.

There are no checks and balances.

Orlando, FL

#970501 Aug 25, 2013
OBAMANTION wrote:
<quoted text>Just another phony scandal I guess..Did ya see two more of Obama's sons beat that WW2 vet to death? This guy is a nightmare. Retard lefties wont even acknowledge that Syria is using saddamns WMD...Hopefully there's anther RAT impeached
Think this might be what people are talking about next week.

Maybe not but got a lot of coverage over the weekend anyway.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#970502 Aug 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>They'll turn *Buy American or Drop Dead* into Solyant Green.

...then he'll REALLY be a cracka...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA....
Wow. Apparently the mental institution has wifi
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970503 Aug 25, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a "sin"? are u one of those bible thumpers?
i'm a Buddhist.

'Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.'

words you should take to heart.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#970504 Aug 25, 2013
Fox Cherry-Picks Black Racist At DHS, Shrugs Over White Racist In Their Midst

Fox News has found itself another African American to fixate on as a racist and – for extra old, white viewer points – attach to the Obama administration. In this case, it’s a Department of Homeland Security manager who runs a website advocating a race war against whites. Terrible, yes. But Fox News’ outrage is a bit suspect given, in just one case, how it barely noticed Jack Hunter, a white, Republican racist working for Rand Paul, who contributes to Tucker Carlson’s Daily Caller and has appeared numerous times on Fox Business.

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_cherry_picks_bla...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min IBdaMann 53,020
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Guru 187,814
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cold Front 69,793
College Scandals 3 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Red_Forman 5,947
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr Red_Forman 5,211
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 6 hr reality is a crutch 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]