Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969742 Aug 23, 2013
White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23639...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969743 Aug 23, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Try riding, in a car that be gliding. If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding! Just a couple bars from " Styles Pernero- a.k.a. Styles P of the LOX," that describes my living situation. I grew up in the hood, now I visit when I want. You, just been a coward in hiding all your life. So I really have to repost my last post? You're even lower on the totem pole than Galt. That's a crying shame. Mr. Irrelevant!
Hahahha, you little simian, urkel puscee!! Learn to speak English, you backwards hood phaggot. Nobody cares about whether you live or die. When you're gone you'll just be another greasy black spot on the asphalt, surrounded by a wailing group of half-breed inbreds.

Now go out and kick it on sewer boulevard, homey!! You the main chimp!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969744 Aug 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
AIRHEAD!!

the FOX talking heads are a bunch of racist pigs.

but let's consider their audience, shall we?
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#969746 Aug 23, 2013
What do you call an Ethipian with a pickle on his head??

A 1/4 Pounder! Hahaha
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#969747 Aug 23, 2013
Could be a Kenyan too!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969748 Aug 23, 2013
There’s No ‘Reverse Trayvon’ in Christopher Lane Killing

An Australian slain in Oklahoma has the right decrying hypocrisy over coverage of the white victim and black assailants. At least these killers face justice.

“I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers,” said Tim Fischer, a former deputy prime minister, in an interview with Melbourne’s Herald Sun newspaper,“[But] it’s a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the U.S.A. There is a gun for almost every American.”

Here in the U.S., however, Lane’s death has become fodder for conservative media, and in particular, its narrative of white victimization. See, the two suspects charged with murder aren’t just teenagers, they’re young black men. And for these right-wing provocateurs, the identity of the assailants is a direct rebuke to the “Justice for Trayvon” movement and evidence of racial hypocrisy from civil-rights leaders and anyone else who spoke out about the George Zimmerman trial.

....Fox & Friends took their usual approach, and attacked Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for not commenting on the shooting.“Right now, we’re going to go to a live shot of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton,” said Brian Kilmeade, who then stage-froze for a transition that never happened. Guest host Ann Kooiman then punctuated the gag with a few accusatory questions,“Oh, wait, we don’t have it,” she said,“Why don’t we have it? Because they haven’t come forward and said anything. Are they going to? Will they? And should they?” Not to be outdone, Steve Doocy offered his take:“I wonder when celebrities are going to put on ‘I Am Chris Lane’ T-shirts?”

These complaints—which, at this point, are ubiquitous on the right—stem from a common assumption: that race, a white man killing a black boy, was the only thing that mattered for supporters of Trayvon Martin. And if that were true, Beck and Limbaugh would have a point. But it isn’t, and they don’t.

Last year, just a few months after Martin was killed, John Spooner, a 76-year-old white man in Milwaukee, shot and killed his neighbor, Darius Simmons, a 13-year-old black boy. Neither Al Sharpton nor Jesse Jackson made an appearance in Wisconsin, and the case drew little attention from national media. Why? Because law enforcement did their jobs. There was no time wasted in Milwaukee: Spooner was arrested, detained, and charged with first-degree murder.

In Sanford, Fla., there was no action from police. Weeks passed before the city began an investigation into Martin’s death and filed charges against Zimmerman. Indeed, without the activism of Al Sharpton—and others—there wouldn’t have been a trial. If Trayvon Martin became a household name, it’s because people perceived a miscarriage of justice, one that harkened back to Jim Crow.

There was no dereliction of duty in Duncan, Okla. In short order, police arrested the teens who killed Christopher Lane, and brought them to justice. Now, they’ll be tried for their crimes. Lane’s death is awful, but there’s no procedural misconduct to focus on. The system worked.

Not that this will change the narrative in conservative media. If Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Fox News sell anything, it’s white anger and racial resentment. And for them, Christopher Lane isn’t a person as much as he’s a product.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969749 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23639...
Great news!! That means the law is working the way it was supposed to. The more dead, gangbanging feral chimps littering the ground, the better off the world will be......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969750 Aug 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Madoff and virtually all of his clients were Jewish. His selling point was that they were getting an exclusive deal not available to Gentiles, a classic affinity fraud. Madoff took good care of his closest friends, but screwed the rest in his Ponzi scheme.
Then I guess he wasn't that close to his son and wife.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969751 Aug 23, 2013
Fox & Friends' Newest 'Scary Black Man' Race Card: "Racist Tweets"

http://www.newshounds.us/20130822_fox_friends...
kelly

Circleville, OH

#969752 Aug 23, 2013
nonononono

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#969753 Aug 23, 2013
Folks, Daffy Duck could handle the Middle East better than the Dark Duck has.

Actually, in the Middle East, he's known as Foghorn Leghorn: lotsa mouth, little brain.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969754 Aug 23, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
To incent more doctor participation, the health law includes a 30% pay hike for PCPs in 2013 and 2014 who treat Medicaid patients.

http://www.californiahealthline.org/road-to-r...

What's so funny?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969755 Aug 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason that homosexuals were banned from the military was always for security reasons, not mere bias.
Obama is just asking for trouble.
Ah! you mean like how the Japanese, Russian, German and Italian Americans were handled in the US during WWII!!!

I'm sure you miss those days!
LCNlin

United States

#969756 Aug 23, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Delusional
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969757 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked anyone to please disprove the controversial provisions in Obamacare that I received in an email before.
Realtime was graciously ungracious in doing so.
The old woman who was turned down by Medicare to receive a B12 shot is not that hard to believe.
But as for Harry Reid coming right out and saying Obamacare was the first step to single payer:
In an appearance on a Vegas PBS’ program “Nevada Week in Review”, Reid's response when asked by panelist Steve Sebelius whether ultimately the country would have to have a health care system that abandoned insurance as the means of accessing it, Reid said:“Yes, yes. Absolutely, yes.”
Look it up if you don't believe me.
lol! Amazing how you can't make your point, but instead demand others disprove it!

Sorry son. You can't disprove opinions.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969758 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Physicians are apparently being bribed to take Medicare patients.
Read somewhere a few years ago, a fine might be imposed instead.
Guess it's easier to catch flies with honey.
lol! You know? You have 'interesting' sources.

You saw something....

You read somethings....

And now something you read a few years ago....

It's amazing how your sources have no sources!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969759 Aug 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell....who needs Death Panels???
Just cut the costs through benign terminal neglect:)
"Your President loves you, Azzhole!"
lol! You've got them!

Say hello to Arizona son! There's a place for you there!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#969760 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
There’s No ‘Reverse Trayvon’ in Christopher Lane Killing
An Australian slain in Oklahoma has the right decrying hypocrisy over coverage of the white victim and black assailants. At least these killers face justice.
“I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers,” said Tim Fischer, a former deputy prime minister, in an interview with Melbourne’s Herald Sun newspaper,“[But] it’s a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the U.S.A. There is a gun for almost every American.”
Here in the U.S., however, Lane’s death has become fodder for conservative media, and in particular, its narrative of white victimization. See, the two suspects charged with murder aren’t just teenagers, they’re young black men. And for these right-wing provocateurs, the identity of the assailants is a direct rebuke to the “Justice for Trayvon” movement and evidence of racial hypocrisy from civil-rights leaders and anyone else who spoke out about the George Zimmerman trial.
....Fox & Friends took their usual approach, and attacked Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for not commenting on the shooting.“Right now, we’re going to go to a live shot of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton,” said Brian Kilmeade, who then stage-froze for a transition that never happened. Guest host Ann Kooiman then punctuated the gag with a few accusatory questions,“Oh, wait, we don’t have it,” she said,“Why don’t we have it? Because they haven’t come forward and said anything. Are they going to? Will they? And should they?” Not to be outdone, Steve Doocy offered his take:“I wonder when celebrities are going to put on ‘I Am Chris Lane’ T-shirts?”
These complaints—which, at this point, are ubiquitous on the right—stem from a common assumption: that race, a white man killing a black boy, was the only thing that mattered for supporters of Trayvon Martin. And if that were true, Beck and Limbaugh would have a point. But it isn’t, and they don’t.
Last year, just a few months after Martin was killed, John Spooner, a 76-year-old white man in Milwaukee, shot and killed his neighbor, Darius Simmons, a 13-year-old black boy. Neither Al Sharpton nor Jesse Jackson made an appearance in Wisconsin, and the case drew little attention from national media. Why? Because law enforcement did their jobs. There was no time wasted in Milwaukee: Spooner was arrested, detained, and charged with first-degree murder.
In Sanford, Fla., there was no action from police. Weeks passed before the city began an investigation into Martin’s death and filed charges against Zimmerman. Indeed, without the activism of Al Sharpton—and others—there wouldn’t have been a trial. If Trayvon Martin became a household name, it’s because people perceived a miscarriage of justice, one that harkened back to Jim Crow.
There was no dereliction of duty in Duncan, Okla. In short order, police arrested the teens who killed Christopher Lane, and brought them to justice. Now, they’ll be tried for their crimes. Lane’s death is awful, but there’s no procedural misconduct to focus on. The system worked.
Not that this will change the narrative in conservative media. If Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Fox News sell anything, it’s white anger and racial resentment. And for them, Christopher Lane isn’t a person as much as he’s a product.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
Well, Well, Well....your Liberal Jays are squawking up a storm tonight, eh?

ahem. You gotta little bird poop dribblin' down yer head there, boy.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969761 Aug 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boy Messiah catches flies without honey.
Just ask Larry Sinclair.
Hi Larry!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969762 Aug 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that American medicine spends a lot of money on treating terminal patients who will die soon regardless. An honest discussion of this issue would be useful.
What do you mean... "American medicine"?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 46,842
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Cancer On The pRe... 178,214
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 54 min Cali Girl 2014 49,940
Abby 9-22 1 hr Mister Tonka 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr concerned bottoms... 98,252
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Good job 4,035
Abby 9-21-14 2 hr PEllen 9
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE