Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277041 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#969893 Aug 24, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's no worries for Canadian citizens. When they're sick, they can go the doctor not worrying if they can afford it and not worrying how they will pay for a long hospital stay or surgery and having to go bankrupt and lose their homes.
Americans don't go until it becomes urgent. It's cheaper to take care of a small cyst before it becomes a full blown cancerous tumor. Cheaper to have regular wellness checkups and be aware of your health than wait until you're so sick that you're on your deathbed and broke on top of it.
As long as the Canadians can get to the United States border, Detroit Hospitals make millions on the Canadians--Other wise they wait until they die. Since when does a small cyst turn into cancer? stupid Lily--you can prevent brain cancer by cutting your head off. Go for it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969894 Aug 24, 2013
March In Washington To Continue Focus On Civil Rights

Organizers have planned for about 100,000 people to participate in the event, which is the precursor to the actual anniversary of the Aug. 28, 1963, march. It will be led by the Rev. Al Sharpton and King's son Martin Luther King III. After several speeches, participants will walk the half-mile from the Lincoln Memorial to the 2-year-old memorial.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/24/marc...

100,000. the tea party can only wish.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#969895 Aug 24, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
uggghh
no kidding I think the same of O'bama and his being skeered of Rush--- O'bama must piss his pants when he has to meet with a world leader.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969896 Aug 24, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>it was all over the news and both parties cross over and do it and is the reason why some are advocating of doing away with the Open Primary State Elections which some states don't have Open State Primary Elections.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_primaries_i...
Well, I'm not sure 'what's was all over the news or who was reporting it. But as I pointed out, apparently neither do you....

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#969897 Aug 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Samantha Power reported to be shacked up with Hillary.
she shacked up with someone cause she was no where to be found at the United Nations. Hillary would seem logic, I wouldn't want to be shacked up with any of them including her husband Cass Sustien--but he was shacked up in Ireland with a cabbage.
RealDaves Mom

Murrieta, CA

#969898 Aug 24, 2013
Free butt sex today at my trailer. My retarded son Dave will be videotaping, y'all come now, you hear?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#969899 Aug 24, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? Affinity fraud are investment frauds that prey upon members of identifiable groups, such as religious or ethnic communities, language minorities, the elderly, or professional groups. The fraudsters who promote affinity scams frequently are or pretend to be members of the group
And who condones the actions of the greatest Wall Street swindler of all time? Of course, a follower of the blue blooded GOP.
It was the Jews. It was an affinity fraud by your own definition.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969900 Aug 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It was revealed that our government spies on us routinely and on a massive scale, right after they lied about doing so.
Secrecy during wartime is necessary so unless you buy this state of perpetual war we have no need for the level of secrecy and the disregard for civil rights we see today. Especially not on this scale.
How many international businesses do you suppose are growing reluctant to expose themselves to spying by doing business with us?
You sound just like the right wingers who've never seen a government that was too big or too powerful enough to suit them.
If you were right, many US based companies would have fled a long time ago. But they like US law that's protecting them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#969901 Aug 24, 2013
DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK 50 wrote:
According to analysis from the Chiaroscuro Foundation, a not-for-profit organization seeking to reduce the number of abortions in New York, Planned Parenthood "provides more abortions than any other organization in the United States, about one of every four U.S. abortions." "Planned Parenthood's bottom line is numbers," according to a 2011 op-ed for The Hill newspaper written by former clinic director Abby Johnson, "And, with abortion as its primary money-maker, that means implementing a quota.... I was directed to double the numbers of abortions our clinic performed in order to drive up revenue." Planned Parenthood spends a lot on electing liberal Democrats to office. It can afford to. According to its 2011-2012 annual report, the organization reported more than $1.2 billion in net assets and received a record $542 million in taxpayer funding. The pro-life Susan B. Anthony List has compiled the "Top 12 Reasons to Defund Planned Parenthood Now" ( www.sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/top-12-reasons-d... ). Read it. Planned Parenthood and the left are inextricably linked. The organization works to elect Democratic candidates who will defend their mission and those candidates, once elected, fuel Planned Parenthood's agenda by funneling tax dollars their way and trumpeting their "good works" in the name of women's health. And millions of American children are aborted. This is what the 21st century has to offer us? This is what we should prefer over the '50s? A 1962 hit song looked back on the stability of the '50s and the values that shaped the decade. It was called "That's Old Fashioned." The Everly Brothers sang it. One of the verses goes: "It's a modern changing world Everything is moving fast But when it comes to love I like What they did in the past." That beats some of the lyrics from the psychedelic '60s.
DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO THE 50S??
HELL YEA!
By comparison, the'50s look pretty good to me.
http://townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/2013...
I'm betting none of your kids or grandkids have polio or malaria. I'll also bet you probably have all if not most of your teeth.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969902 Aug 24, 2013
Not O-KKK: How The Events in Decatur and Duncan Showcased Fox News’ Overt Racism

Oh, what a glorious week for our friends at Fox News.

With the events of the past week, Americans need to finally realize that Fox News has officially jumped the shark in its everlasting quest to be “fair and balanced” and has moved into a realm of opinions and talking points that officially echo those of David Duke and modern-day KKK members. As the nation moves toward a majority minority population in roughly forty years, Fox News continues to present its news in a manner that clearly showcases its inherent disdain for any person that doesn’t need sunscreen in the summer to acquire a healthy tan. This past week has been especially gruesome for Fox News and has showcased the network’s true colors. Or, color, we should say.

The network made an across-the-board decision to portray the Christopher Lane murder in Duncan, Oklahoma as racially motivated despite the fact that one of the murders happened to be White. Everyone’s favorite racist, Pat Buchanan, who maintains a high-profile job at the network despite his known bigotry, chimed in on the story and remarked that the cause of the violence was clearly the rap, hip-hop, and violent movies that are prevalent in the Black community. The Fox and Friends morning team wondered why Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton hadn’t responded to the murder as if they only came out and defended African American victims and not White (albeit foreign) ones. Fox News even had White House correspondent Ed Henry ask about the Lane’s murder “apparently by three African-American young men”.

Apparently, Ed doesn’t need “facts” to convey the Fox News narrative

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/24/o-kkk-...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969903 Aug 24, 2013
Roughly nine-hundred and thirty miles east, another event unfolded last week that gave fodder to the Fox News team. Michael Brandon Hill, a twenty-year-old male came into the Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy in Decatur with a loaded AK-47, causing the entire school to be evacuated. Hill shot into the floor and exchanged gunfire with officers who had surrounded the school before he eventually turned himself in. Photographs released from the scene showed students from the diverse student body all outside and scared for their lives. It was a scene that definitely left chills for anyone who was there to experience it.

And yet, Fox News had slightly different coverage for this event.

Pat Buchanan did not come on to talk about any issues or statistics of White on Black violence. The Fox and Friends morning team did not clamor for any well-known White civil rights protectors to come down to Decatur and defend Hill. Ed Henry did not raise the issue to the White House press secretary team. Fox News was suspiciously silent on the issue of gun access and mental health for some odd reason. And yet, they still had an out. There was brave Antoinette Tuff, the bookkeeper who ended up intervening and kept Hill calm while on the phone with a 911 operator. Here she was, a woman of faith, in the deeply red state of Georgia. Of course Fox News would portray her and share her heroic story to the world. And yet, they didn’t.

Because Antoinette Tuff is Black.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/24/o-kkk-...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969904 Aug 24, 2013
You see, the Duncan and Decatur stories don’t fit the Fox News narrative that all Black people are scary and evil while all White people are harmless and good. This is the narrative that controls their programming. It’s the narrative that appeals to the Fox News viewer who averages sixty-five years of age. The viewer who explicitly believes it truly is an us versus them world out there and that they (read: White people) and their way of life are constantly under attack. It’s the same narrative the NRA uses when it sells guns. Does Wayne LaPierre realize what stopped a bad man with a gun in Georgia? It was a good person with a kind heart telling this troubled young man that she cared about him. It wasn’t a person with an AK-47 behind her library desk.

The problem is that each and every story like this showcases Fox News for what they truly are: racist and bigoted. You can only craft a narrative for so long before you start to believe it. Whether it’s Oprah’s “made up” story of being racially profiled in Switzerland or Trayvon Martin’s “thuggish” appearance, Fox News has intentionally portrayed those people of color as being inherently inferior to the White race. They might not be burning crosses on lawns, but what Fox News is doing is essentially much worse. It’s denigrating an entire segment of the population in order to score cheap political points.

Fox News will only get worse with its racist, bigoted coverage of race-related events. It will continue to coverage news in this way to continue to feed into the fears of its old, White, and mostly male audience who still believe that some of the “darkies” can be scary and shouldn’t be integrating with us White folk. This pattern will continue unless Americans begin to call out Fox News and finally call a spade a spade.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/24/o-kkk-...
LCNlin

United States

#969905 Aug 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>If you were right, many US based companies would have fled a long time ago. But they like US law that's protecting them.
Logical
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#969906 Aug 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
March In Washington To Continue Focus On Civil Rights
Organizers have planned for about 100,000 people to participate in the event, which is the precursor to the actual anniversary of the Aug. 28, 1963, march. It will be led by the Rev. Al Sharpton and King's son Martin Luther King III. After several speeches, participants will walk the half-mile from the Lincoln Memorial to the 2-year-old memorial.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/24/marc...
100,000. the tea party can only wish.
Mo free shit is hard to vote against when it's all the cheese crowd know loser...

I'm not kidding...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#969907 Aug 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
March In Washington To Continue Focus On Civil Rights
Organizers have planned for about 100,000 people to participate in the event, which is the precursor to the actual anniversary of the Aug. 28, 1963, march. It will be led by the Rev. Al Sharpton and King's son Martin Luther King III. After several speeches, participants will walk the half-mile from the Lincoln Memorial to the 2-year-old memorial.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/24/marc...
100,000. the tea party can only wish.
I'll have those n**g*rs voting demokkkRatic for the next 200 years” Lyndon B. Johnson

Yet widespread opinion among blacks: RACE TRUMPS COMMON SENSE...

If the Negro in the ghetto must eternally be fed by the masters hand that pushes him into a sold out ghetto, he will never become strong enough to escape the sellout of the ghetto, you idiot4life...

LBJ's welfare state left the black community in a permanent state of bondage to their political slavemasters.

Im not kidding...

It's the culture..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969908 Aug 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're so dissatisfied with the Founders' Rule of Law and Due Process you're welcome to leave. You won't be missed. I know your heros Bush and Obama have done their level best to eliminate both but its all slipping away from them. Real heros like Snowden, Manning, and Kokesh are exposing the criminal enterprises established by the Demopublican Party.
Unlike Snowden and Kokesh, Manning has proven to be a coward.

Are you ready to wave your Obama pom-poms for the Syrian military action?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969909 Aug 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're so dissatisfied with the Founders' Rule of Law and Due Process you're welcome to leave. You won't be missed. I know your heros Bush and Obama have done their level best to eliminate both but its all slipping away from them. Real heros like Snowden, Manning, and Kokesh are exposing the criminal enterprises established by the Demopublican Party.
The less-pulicized Kokesh is even more interesting than the other two because the government keeps inventing "crimes" to silence him.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#969910 Aug 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>As long as the Canadians can get to the United States border, Detroit Hospitals make millions on the Canadians--Other wise they wait until they die. Since when does a small cyst turn into cancer? stupid Lily--you can prevent brain cancer by cutting your head off. Go for it.
Sure dittohead; anyone who can say; "I'm a woman and I love Rush Limbaugh" should be committed to an institution. gfy
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969911 Aug 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
stupid grows even stronger....
Tea partier at Ted Cruz town hall:‘Canada is not really foreign soil’
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/23/tea-par...
An economic reality, although not a political reality.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#969912 Aug 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Not O-KKK: How The Events in Decatur and Duncan Showcased Fox News’ Overt Racism
Oh, what a glorious week for our friends at Fox News.
With the events of the past week, Americans need to finally realize that Fox News has officially jumped the shark in its everlasting quest to be “fair and balanced” and has moved into a realm of opinions and talking points that officially echo those of David Duke and modern-day KKK members. As the nation moves toward a majority minority population in roughly forty years, Fox News continues to present its news in a manner that clearly showcases its inherent disdain for any person that doesn’t need sunscreen in the summer to acquire a healthy tan. This past week has been especially gruesome for Fox News and has showcased the network’s true colors. Or, color, we should say.
The network made an across-the-board decision to portray the Christopher Lane murder in Duncan, Oklahoma as racially motivated despite the fact that one of the murders happened to be White. Everyone’s favorite racist, Pat Buchanan, who maintains a high-profile job at the network despite his known bigotry, chimed in on the story and remarked that the cause of the violence was clearly the rap, hip-hop, and violent movies that are prevalent in the Black community. The Fox and Friends morning team wondered why Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton hadn’t responded to the murder as if they only came out and defended African American victims and not White (albeit foreign) ones. Fox News even had White House correspondent Ed Henry ask about the Lane’s murder “apparently by three African-American young men”.
Apparently, Ed doesn’t need “facts” to convey the Fox News narrative
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/24/o-kkk-...
Some of us are growing weary of being charged with racism and hate by the sellout party that had a former Klansman (D)Robert Byrd serving in the senate, the longest-serving Grand Dragon member of the demokkkRatic party... until 2010... you racists...

I'm not kidding...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min IBdaMann 54,546
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Coffee Party 196,946
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 19 min Breezy _Soul 1,722
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min Doug77 6,433
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 523
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,427
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Prince Reebus 100,645
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages