Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1481777 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#970209 Aug 25, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Juan Williams is going off on Jay Zee and his use of the ni gra word in his latest kill song. Isn't O'bama a close friend of Jay Pee.
you might have a point there considering that i'm pretty sure i've never heard 'redneck honky cracker' in the lyrics of a cry in your beer my wife left me for another wife-beater C&W song.

though maybe you know of one?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#970210 Aug 25, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Juan Williams is going off on Jay Zee and his use of the ni gra word in his latest kill song. Isn't O'bama a close friend of Jay Pee.
Obama would confiscate law-abiding citizens guns to protect themselves from criminals who will always find a way to secure a weapon but hosts parties for rappers who fill young boys' heads with hatred and anger, glorifies guns and gangs, and instills deep-seeded disrespect for women and themselves.

And we wonder what the problem is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970211 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you knew all these mass murderers so well personally that you knew their political persuasion...
BTW as for Major Nidal, he's a Muslim Terrorist and against all U.S. political parties.
Pray tell, please enlighten all of us and provide some concrete evidence of your statements
first we have to ask, why is it that conservatives make huge assumptions with no basis in facts or reality?
The DemoKKKrat Party supports Muslim terrorists, beginning with the Palestinians.

Muslim terrorists are all Friends of Barack.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#970212 Aug 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama would confiscate law-abiding citizens guns to protect themselves from criminals who will always find a way to secure a weapon but hosts parties for rappers who fill young boys' heads with hatred and anger, glorifies guns and gangs, and instills deep-seeded disrespect for women and themselves.
And we wonder what the problem is.
so where do they get their guns....

Lost and Loaded? 62,000 Guns 'Missing' from Gun Shops Since 2008

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/atf-report-rev...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970213 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, I'm sure the members of the KKK that lynched blacks for years were all liberals.
tell me how many lynch mobs were comprised of liberals?
we wanted him tried, that's all.
Putting an innocent person on trial is a crime in itself and those like Obama who forced the issue are guilty.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#970214 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
only a moron would call "Dixiecrats" liberal. You probably think George Wallace was a liberal because he was a democrat.
With age and experience some people change for the better. Robert Byrd was one of them.
unlike conservative,, who no matter how much evidence and facts prove them wrong, they are incapable of change
It is to laugh!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970215 Aug 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
More than a third of Americans believe in aliens (and only 2% would try to attack if they bumped into one)
Nearly 80% believe the White House has covered up the existence of aliens
More than a third of people in the U.S. believe aliens exist - and more than 10 per cent of the population believes they have seen an alien ship in the sky.
The study from National Geographic Channel found that 80 million Americans - or 36 per cent - are certain alien spaceship exist, and of those who believe, 79 per cent are convinced the White House has kept information about other lifeforms a secret.
If an alien knocked on the door, 22 per cent would try to befriend the alien, 15 per cent would run away, 13 per cent would lock their doors, and, reassuringly, only 2 per cent would try to inflict bodily harm.
Furthermore, 55 per cent believe there are real-life Men in Black-style agents who threaten people who spot UFOs.
Brad Dancer, senior vice president of research and digital media for National Geographic, said:'We wanted the pulse on people's opinions.
'We wanted to get a sense of how Americans view UFOs, what people believe and how mainstream pop culture may or may not be playing into their opinions on it.'
In total, 17 per cent of Americans had no belief in UFOs, 36 per cent think they do, and 48 per cent are not sure.
Turning to aliens vs politics, almost 65 per cent think Barack Obama would so a better job at an alien invasion over his opponent Mitt Romney.
On a slightly less realistic note, 21 per cent would call the Hulk, 12 per cent would call Batman, and eight per cent would call Spider-Man.
The survey was commissioned for an upcoming National Geographic Channel series, Chasing UFO
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
seems that once again Obama wins out on (very) foreign policy. one more reason we, and carol, should be glad that he's in the WH.
Obama will surely be more successful in dealing with aliens than in dealing with any real problems.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#970216 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The DemoKKKrat Party supports Muslim terrorists, beginning with the Palestinians.
Muslim terrorists are all Friends of Barack.
its better than supporting the largest terrorist force in the Middle East the IDF, responsible for the attack on the USS Liberty and unarmed U.S. vessel resulting in the death of 70 U.S. sailors.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970217 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
only a moron would call "Dixiecrats" liberal. You probably think George Wallace was a liberal because he was a democrat.
With age and experience some people change for the better. Robert Byrd was one of them.
unlike conservative,, who no matter how much evidence and facts prove them wrong, they are incapable of change
George Wallace was an economic liberal, just as many anti-abortion evangelicals are economic liberals.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#970218 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama will surely be more successful in dealing with aliens than in dealing with any real problems.
and i thought it was just the liberals who insulted carol.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#970219 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting an innocent person on trial is a crime in itself and those like Obama who forced the issue are guilty.
in this country all people charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty. so what you are saying is nobody should be brought to trial. do I have that right.

and since you swear that juries are always right, I guess that means you believe OJ was innocent of murder too.

glad we cleared that up
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#970221 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting an innocent person on trial is a crime in itself and those like Obama who forced the issue are guilty.
so a black person who pulls a 'Zimmerman' and gets off by pleading self defense....

ok, spin it. you know, tell us how the black person should have been on trial so i can be accused of 'dividing'.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#970222 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Noobody uses the US Mail to pay utility bills or conduct banking (except maybe retarded retired used car dealers).
And you're not thinking before you post__per usual.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#970223 Aug 25, 2013
Living in a time of moral cowardice

“So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.”

Martin Luther King, Jr., August 28, 1963

This is “tomorrow.”

Meaning that unknowable future whose unknowable difficulties Martin Luther King invoked half a century ago when he told America about his dream. If you could somehow magically bring him here, that tomorrow would likely seem miraculous to him, faced as he was with a time when segregation, police brutality, employment discrimination and voter suppression were widely and openly practiced.

Here in tomorrow, after all, the president is black. The business mogul is black. The movie star is black. The sports icon is black. The reporter, the scholar, the lawyer, the teacher, the doctor, all of them are black. And King might think for a moment that he was wrong about tomorrow and its troubles.

It would not take long for him to see the grimy truth beneath the shiny surface, to learn that the perpetual suspect is also black. As are the indigent woman, the dropout, the fatherless child, the suppressed voter, and the boy lying dead in the grass with candy and iced tea in his pocket.

King would see that for all the progress we have made, we live in a time of proud ignorance and moral cowardice wherein some white people — not all — smugly but incorrectly pronounce all racial problems solved. More galling, it is an era of such cognitive incoherence that conservatives — acolytes of the ideology against which King struggled all his life — now routinely claim ownership of his movement and kinship with his cause.

When he was under fire for questioning the constitutionality of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, for instance, Sen. Rand Paul wanted it known that he’d have marched with King had he been of age. And he probably believes that.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/24/3581870...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970224 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
its better than supporting the largest terrorist force in the Middle East the IDF, responsible for the attack on the USS Liberty and unarmed U.S. vessel resulting in the death of 70 U.S. sailors.
Jew-haters like you are the core of the modern DemoKKKrat party.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#970225 Aug 25, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>How about if the government starts taxing for profit hospitals and PHARMA?
They do. Next!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#970226 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
George Wallace was an economic liberal, just as many anti-abortion evangelicals are economic liberals.
wrong again. anti-abortion evangelicals can't be economic liberals.

they don't want to pay taxes even though they should.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970227 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
in this country all people charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty. so what you are saying is nobody should be brought to trial. do I have that right.
and since you swear that juries are always right, I guess that means you believe OJ was innocent of murder too.
glad we cleared that up
Nobody should be brought to trial without evidence to support the charges. In Zimmerman's, the second degree murder charge was absurd. Some lesser charge may have been appropriate.

OJ was acquitted because of a racist jury and an incompetent affirmative action prosecution team.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#970228 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
George Wallace was an economic liberal, just as many anti-abortion evangelicals are economic liberals.
so you are saying Wallace followed John Maynard Keynes economic theories over Milton Friedman?? got any evidence of that, because this is the first time I ever heard that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970229 Aug 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so a black person who pulls a 'Zimmerman' and gets off by pleading self defense....
ok, spin it. you know, tell us how the black person should have been on trial so i can be accused of 'dividing'.
Galt cannot comment on a case where the facts are unknown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 6 min RIGHT 2 EXIST 10
Fot the Deplorable Masses. 10 min Words mean things 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Patriot AKA Bozo 62,959
Hope President Trump prevents this from occuring. 14 min YOURE HIRED 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 234,248
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Concerned_American 2,902
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Concerned_American 2,169
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 104,729

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages