Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1261560 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#969772 Aug 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Romeny had no direction.
He had too many masters to please.
The same problem McCain had.
Both were Psuedo Liberals too within the Republican Party or RINO's and both would make great Pseudo Liberal Democrats too.

RINO(Republican in Name Only)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Na...

http://www.conservapedia.com/RINO

Pseudo Liberal

http://liberapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudoliber...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969773 Aug 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Amazing how you can't make your point, but instead demand others disprove it!
Sorry son. You can't disprove opinions.
Just passed on some information that was sent to me via email.

There were only two provisions that concerned me. I ended up looking it up myself and those two concerns were abated.

"Demanded" others to disprove it?

Hyperbole much?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#969774 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
VIDEO!!
Fox News has recently engaged in racebaiting by baselessly claiming that a Florida student's beating on a school bus and the shooting of an Australian college student in Oklahoma were racially motivated. But police and a prosecutor involved in these cases debunked these claims during interviews on Fox.
....Instead of learning from their mistake, Fox News hosts also baselessly insisted race was a factor when reporting on the tragic death of Christopher Lane, an Australian attending college in Oklahoma. Because Lane was white and two of the three suspects charged in connection with his shooting are black, Fox presented this crime as having a racial bias. On the August 21 edition of Fox & Friends, the hosts demanded to know why President Obama, Al Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson hadn't commented on the case, an attempt to connect this crime to the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Once again, an official involved with the case debunked the network's assertions that race was a factor in this crime. On August 22, Fox News host Greta van Susteren interviewed local District Attorney Jason Hicks, who said that with all of his evidence for the case, he had nothing to "indicate that the killing of Christopher Lane was related to either his race or to his nationality."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/08/23/polic...
VIDEO!!
"sonic"
Congratulations you are a Fox News adherent. You more than any other on this thread are current with all that comes up on Fox News. Good for you. if you had a brain you would have noted that I never said or commented on race or if it was a factor, I simply relayed an unfortunate event that happened in the city I live in. It is only cheap asswholes like you who bring race into every discussion. The newspaper in this city did not comment on race, they did publish pictures of the suspected assailants. Fox News did show the pictures of the thugs.
You "sonic" would be in hog heaven if a story broke about two white thugs shooting a black man in the back as he was out jogging. You make all your judgements based strictly based on color, not, on what one accomplishes. Al, blacks good, all whites bad. You are a racist.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969775 Aug 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Well, Well....your Liberal Jays are squawking up a storm tonight, eh?
ahem. You gotta little bird poop dribblin' down yer head there, boy.
you know how it is. you show up here and the race baiters are in full swing, so might as well throw some crap back at them.

it's just too damn bad this isn't an exclusively conservative thread. if you want that run over to one of the many right wing sites that are in full racial resentment mode. must be 50 of them. hop to.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969776 Aug 23, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
Congratulations you are a Fox News adherent. You more than any other on this thread are current with all that comes up on Fox News. Good for you. if you had a brain you would have noted that I never said or commented on race or if it was a factor, I simply relayed an unfortunate event that happened in the city I live in. It is only cheap asswholes like you who bring race into every discussion. The newspaper in this city did not comment on race, they did publish pictures of the suspected assailants. Fox News did show the pictures of the thugs.
You "sonic" would be in hog heaven if a story broke about two white thugs shooting a black man in the back as he was out jogging. You make all your judgements based strictly based on color, not, on what one accomplishes. Al, blacks good, all whites bad. You are a racist.
Peace
KMA
so you didn't watch FOX today?
THE MANNING REPORT

Smithfield, NC

#969777 Aug 23, 2013
Australian baseball player Christopher Lane out for a jog in an Oklahoma neighborhood is shot and killed by three “bored” teenagers who decided to kill someone for fun. Recorded on 21 August 2013. Read article here: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/police_...

“ATLAH: THAT’S WHAT GOD SAID.”
Anointed to establish families, churches and businesses, unlike any the world hath seen. Indeed the final product of the land, ATLAH, will boast of being the seat of the world’s banking, business, and education centers.

Love us or hate us?
Please Support Us

Three Trayvon Martin Type Thugs Kill Chris Lane

http://atlah.org/2013/08/22/three-trayvon-mar...
LCNlin

United States

#969778 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would the black community be appeased if Trayvon Martin had succeeded in killing George Zimmerman?
Young black men attacking whites saying "This is for Trayvon" and now killing white people is quite distressing.
A Homeland Security employee now has a website up inciting a war on whites.
If Trayvon had succeeded in smashing Zimmerman's head or beating him to death, this wouldn't be happening?
Should Zimmerman have not defended himself? Martin couldn't be considered suspect in a high crime area without becoming the attacker when young black men had committed the crimes in that area?
None of this makes any sense and blacks are making the tensions much, much worse.
delusional
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#969779 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would the black community be appeased if Trayvon Martin had succeeded in killing George Zimmerman?
Young black men attacking whites saying "This is for Trayvon" and now killing white people is quite distressing.
A Homeland Security employee now has a website up inciting a war on whites.
If Trayvon had succeeded in smashing Zimmerman's head or beating him to death, this wouldn't be happening?
Should Zimmerman have not defended himself? Martin couldn't be considered suspect in a high crime area without becoming the attacker when young black men had committed the crimes in that area?
None of this makes any sense and blacks are making the tensions much, much worse.
Words of wisdom from a white supremacist, what a load
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969780 Aug 23, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
delusional
Gay (which isnt a surprise).....
LCNlin

United States

#969781 Aug 23, 2013
The House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-California) today called for hearings to investigate why no one has paid any attention to him in the weeks of hearings he has called for thus far.

“There is mounting evidence that no one listens to me, not even one little bit,” he told reporters on Capitol Hill.“The goal of these hearings is to find out why.”

He said that he first became aware that people might not be listening to him when he read a recent poll indicating that Americans’ primary concerns are jobs and the economy.

“Anyone in his right mind would know that this nation’s No. 1 problem right now is Benghazi talking points,” he said.

The California congressman said that he also intended “to investigate the chain of events that have led to people changing the channel the moment they see my face.”

“There is a consensus out there that I am an odious, self-serving tool who uses congressional hearings to advance my own petty political agenda,” he said.“I think it’s important to know who created that impression.”

Finally, Mr. Issa said, he hoped that the new hearings would “determine, once and for all, to what extent my moral authority has been undermined by allegations that I have been involved in car theft and arson.”

“The question is, what do the American people know about me and when did they know it?” he said.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#969782 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Both were Psuedo Liberals too within the Republican Party or RINO's and both would make great Pseudo Liberal Democrats too.
RINO(Republican in Name Only)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Na...
http://www.conservapedia.com/RINO
Pseudo Liberal
http://liberapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudoliber...
Pseudo nutjob
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969783 Aug 23, 2013
it's nice to see that the black folks will still be voting for Democrats.

keep up the good work FOXbots.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969784 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the circus in Florida? you mean where the guy walks until enough noise is made by those who need to make noise to make sure that someone actually gives a damn about an unarmed teen being killed?
can you remember the last time a black person killed a white person and they got to walk out of jail the same day they shot someone?? but that only happens with white people doesn't it?
Putting a person through the wringer of a criminal trial to satisfy the mob when the prosecution has absolutely no evidence is unacceptable.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969785 Aug 23, 2013
It was reported that poor WWII veteran was beaten to death with flashlights.

Do we now need to impose flashlight laws and flashlight free zones now?

It's time we focused on the real problem and started addressing the lack of morality, a rejection of a higher power giving our young people a moral compass and raising their conscience to discern right from wrong.

The problem is our children are becoming zombies. Adults have failed to give them the proper direction and neglected to instill in them the intrinsic rewards of compassion and self-respect because of a politically correct poison unleashed on them by secularist progressive liberalism.

It's time to address the problem. Not the means by which our young people act out their frustrations because of our failures to teach them self-discipline and self-control.

Complacent adults are the enablers. Politically correct adults are the problem.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969786 Aug 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then I guess he wasn't that close to his son and wife.
The son was a weakling who committed suicide. The wife is doing OK. Madoff protected both from the criminal prosecution that they probably deserved.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969787 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox & Friends' Newest 'Scary Black Man' Race Card: "Racist Tweets"
http://www.newshounds.us/20130822_fox_friends...
Pathetic that you think the brutal execution in Oklahoma is a joke, but it says a lot about your black racism.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969788 Aug 23, 2013
"The Ghetto" Too Short

Even though they put us down and call us animals
We make real big banks and buy brand new clothes
Drive fancy cars, make love to stars
Never really saying just who we are
We use alias names like TOO $HORT
Sell you stuff you might kill for
Young kids grow up and that's all they know
Didn't teach him in school now he's slangin dope
Only thing he knows is how to survive
But will he kill another brother before he dies?
In the ghetto, you keep one eye open
All day long, just hoping and hoping
You can pay your bills and not drink too much
Then the problems of life you'll be throwing up
Like me, but you don't see
Ten years from now, where will you be?

So much game in a Too $hort rap
Blacks can't be white and whites can't be black
Why you wanna act like someone else?
All you gotta do is just be yourself
We're all the same color underneath
Short Dog's in the house you'd better listen to me
Never be ashamed of what you are
Proud to be black stand tall at heart
Even though some people give you no respect
Be intelligent, when you put em in check
Cause when you're ignorant, you get treated that way
And when they throw you in jail you got nothing to say
So if you don't listen it's not my fault
I'll be getting paid while you'll be paying the cost
Sitting in the jailhouse running your mouth
While me and my peoples try to get out
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969789 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
it's nice to see that the black folks will still be voting for Democrats.
keep up the good work FOXbots.
Doesnt matter. Only 14% of US population, and half are in prison.

After they start their race war, they'll be only 7% of the population...:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969790 Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles having its coolest August since 1919, another victim of so-called man-made global warming.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969791 Aug 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting a person through the wringer of a criminal trial to satisfy the mob when the prosecution has absolutely no evidence is unacceptable.
too bad there wasn't video of the Martin killing. Zimmerman might have ended up where that 76 year old who shot the unarmed teen did.

A jury convicted Spooner of first-degree intentional homicide in the May 2012 killing of Darius Simmons. Surveillance video taken from Spooner's own security cameras showed him confronting the teen that morning, pointing a gun at him from about 6 feet away and shooting him in the chest.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-575942...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Enter 194,287
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr OzRitz 54,328
Ask Amy 7-27-15 10 hr mrs gladys kravitz 8
Dear Abby 7-27-15 10 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr CrunchyBacon 100,188
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 hr Ariel Sharon 70,139
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Feb '09) 13 hr Majikmon 5,191
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages