Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969280 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: Is the new health care law “the biggest tax increase in history”?
A: In raw dollars, perhaps. But several tax increases just since 1968 were larger as percentages of the economy, or in inflation-adjusted dollars.
Using “constant” dollars — all adjusted to equal the value of a dollar in 2009 — the ACA drops to fourth place, and the tax increase signed in 1982 by President Reagan becomes the largest since 1968.
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/biggest-tax-...
everyone knows that.
This is more recent and credible.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/healthcarerefor...

The main disadvantage is that the Act could actually increase health care costs over the short term. That's because many people will receive preventive care for the first time in their lives. This could lead to treatment of heretofore unknown illnesses, driving up costs.(Source: CBO, 2009 Study on Preventive Health Care, August 7, 2009)

Most of the disadvantages are accruing to those individuals and businesses that are paying higher taxes. In addition, somewhere between 3-5 million workers could lose their existing, company-sponsored health insurance if their company finds it more cost-effective to let them buy it on their own and pay the penalty.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969281 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
NOAA is political, not scientific.
you mean like this?

Fox News Climate Coverage 93% Wrong, Report Finds

http://www.livescience.com/23448-fox-news-cli...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969282 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that any way to treat a lady, you fkn mutt?
i deal with her sort all of time, and 'lady' has nothing to do with it.

those who say to me...'I know a lot about politics because i watch FOX.' in a tone of voice that warns me not to try to tell them anything different.

but i always do so i can watch their arrogant head explode.

i am not well liked in the community. 1 liberal for every 50 conservatives and you have a recipe for rhetorical disaster. but somehow i'm always the one who comes away laughing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969283 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of what? Your snarky remarks? Just read your posts.
lol! As I said, it's not your style.

So don't worry about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969284 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like this?
Fox News Climate Coverage 93% Wrong, Report Finds
http://www.livescience.com/23448-fox-news-cli...
WTF is "LiveScience and who funds this garbage site.

Author Stephanie Pappas is a graduate of the UC Santa Cruz (Banana Slugs) science writing program and worked as a freelancer before joining the LiveScience staff. She lacks any degree in science or engineering, hence is totally unqualified for anything but junk science.

In fact, the website should be renamed JunkScience.com .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969285 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i deal with her sort all of time, and 'lady' has nothing to do with it.
those who say to me...'I know a lot about politics because i watch FOX.' in a tone of voice that warns me not to try to tell them anything different.
but i always do so i can watch their arrogant head explode.
i am not well liked in the community. 1 liberal for every 50 conservatives and you have a recipe for rhetorical disaster. but somehow i'm always the one who comes away laughing.
Little wonder that an a-hole like you is not well liked.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969286 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is clearly evidence of a lack of knowledge and snarky remarks.
lack of control of my temper maybe, which i'm sorry that happened, but the other....nah.

so there's a hint for you that keep trying to get a rise out of me. just act like a dismissive arrogant know it all and i'm liable to bite.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969287 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Author Stephanie Pappas is a graduate of the UC Santa Cruz (Banana Slugs) science writing program and worked as a freelancer before joining the LiveScience staff. She lacks any degree in science or engineering, hence is totally unqualified for anything but junk science.
lol! And yet, you people use wnd, townhall, breitbart... not to mention fart news.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969288 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Little wonder that an a-hole like you is not well liked.
yes, disputing what has become to be conservative dogma in the environment i live in will not make many friends.

and i don't give a damn, as you can tell. i wasn't born and raised here, as you can tell, so i'm the odd man out anyway.

doesn't help that the last 9 to 5 job i had was being the production manager at the largest employer in the county. and with my style of management, not too many of the rednecks liked how i did things.

instantly firing folks for saying the 'N' word just didn't sit well.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969289 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"The analysis by the science-policy nonprofit Union of Concerned Scientists ..."

reporting is not opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969290 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, disputing what has become to be conservative dogma in the environment i live in will not make many friends.
and i don't give a damn, as you can tell. i wasn't born and raised here, as you can tell, so i'm the odd man out anyway.
doesn't help that the last 9 to 5 job i had was being the production manager at the largest employer in the county. and with my style of management, not too many of the rednecks liked how i did things.
Would you instantly fire Rachel Jeantel, who is unable to utter a sentence without the n-word?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969291 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you were fired.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969292 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"The analysis by the science-policy nonprofit Union of Concerned Scientists ..."
reporting is not opinion.
The Union of Concerned Scientists is a Communist-front organization with zero credibility.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#969293 Aug 23, 2013
Should Bradley Manning's request to become a woman be covered under Obama care.:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-237...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#969294 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. The tides are, in fact, changing and will be like a tsunami come the middle of next year when everyone's scratching their heads saying, "Wha' happened??"
In fact, the tides are turning so rapidly, the liberal machine is working overtime to get their little brownshirt soldiers on forums like this to keep the brainwashed in lockstep and safely inside their insulated bubbles of denial.
When, in reality, they're just giving them false hope.
You and I - and other conservative posters - represent the majority and are hitting too close to home.
As Senator Elbert Guillory, former black Democrat turned Republican, said - "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
Amen brother.
What kind of drugs are you on Carol? You've actually got the gall to compare those on the left to Nazi brown shirts? Once again let's compare the Tea Party movement to the nascent Nazi movement in Germany. The Nazis were outwardly a grass roots movement but in reality was having it's strings pulled by wealthy industrialists like Siemens and Krupp. The Tea Party outwardly a grass roots movement but in reality being controlled by wealthy corporatists like the Koch brothers and their proxies like Americans for Prosperity , Freedomworks, a shill for big tobacco and ALEC.
The Nazis were anti union anti gay and anti Semitic specifically the Jews. The Tea Party is anti union, anti gay and also anti Semitic specifically toward Muslims .
The Nazis used pseudo science to bolster their beliefs about racial superiority. The Tea Party uses pseudo science to bolster their views on climate change.
I hate to break your delusional little bubble Carol but people like you might be in the majority on this thread but out in the real world you're in the minority. If you were in the majority we'd have someone like Rick Santorum in the Oval Office.
Senator Elbert Guillory is a good one Carol, he testified that we should include witch doctors in science classrooms. Of course he was elected in Louisiana where 29% of the respondents in a recent poll think that Barack Obama was responsible for the response to Katrina even though it happened more than three years before he became president.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wake up bozo

United States

#969295 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read and learn.
Perhaps the most inconvenient fact is the lack of global warming for well over 10 years now. This is known to the warming establishment, as one can see from the 2009 "Climategate" email of climate scientist Kevin Trenberth: "The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't." But the warming is only missing if one believes computer models where so-called feedbacks involving water vapor and clouds greatly amplify the small effect of CO2.
The lack of warming for more than a decade—indeed, the smaller-than-predicted warming over the 22 years since the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) began issuing projections—suggests that computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause. Faced with this embarrassment, those promoting alarm have shifted their drumbeat from warming to weather extremes, to enable anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate to be ascribed to CO2.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...
Sixteen scientists attested to and signed the assertions made in the above article.
Claude Allegre, former director of the Institute for the Study of the Earth, University of Paris; J. Scott Armstrong, cofounder of the Journal of Forecasting and the International Journal of Forecasting; Jan Breslow, head of the Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, Rockefeller University; Roger Cohen, fellow, American Physical Society; Edward David, member, National Academy of Engineering and National Academy of Sciences; William Happer, professor of physics, Princeton; Michael Kelly, professor of technology, University of Cambridge, U.K.; William Kininmonth, former head of climate research at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology; Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT; James McGrath, professor of chemistry, Virginia Technical University; Rodney Nichols, former president and CEO of the New York Academy of Sciences; Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer, designer of Voyager and SpaceShipOne; Harrison H. Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut and former U.S. senator; Nir Shaviv, professor of astrophysics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem; Henk Tennekes, former director, Royal Dutch Meteorological Service; Antonio Zichichi, president of the World Federation of Scientists, Geneva.
Knowledge is power.
The Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) from the UN Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change (IPCC) is due next month. The leaks are already here:

Drafts seen by Reuters of the study by the UN panel of experts, due to be published next month, say it is at least 95 percent likely that human activities – chiefly the burning of fossil fuels – are the main cause of warming since the 1950s.
That is up from at least 90 percent in the last report in 2007, 66 percent in 2001, and just over 50 in 1995, steadily squeezing out the arguments by a small minority of scientists that natural variations in the climate might be to blame.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...

Feeling powerful?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#969296 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...you DO realize just how sick and demented that sounds?
(BTW, how much is Soros paying you? You're new here, aren't you?)
By the way Carol how much are you getting paid by the Koch brothers for spreading their manure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#969297 Aug 23, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I know of no Muslims killed by Christian terrorist, but I have heard of many Christians killed by Muslims merely because of their faith. I haven't heard about a single Muslim beheaded by a Christian because of his faith. I believe in freedom of religion. The last several years have been public relations nightmare for Islam.
Ever hear of Bosnia Frank? Around 100,000 Muslim men women and children were murdered by Christian Serbs just because of their religion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobody

Petersburg, VA

#969298 Aug 23, 2013
Impeach him

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#969299 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is more recent and credible.
http://useconomy.about.com/od/healthcarerefor...
The main disadvantage is that the Act could actually increase health care costs over the short term. That's because many people will receive preventive care for the first time in their lives. This could lead to treatment of heretofore unknown illnesses, driving up costs.(Source: CBO, 2009 Study on Preventive Health Care, August 7, 2009)
Most of the disadvantages are accruing to those individuals and businesses that are paying higher taxes. In addition, somewhere between 3-5 million workers could lose their existing, company-sponsored health insurance if their company finds it more cost-effective to let them buy it on their own and pay the penalty.
There is no such thing as preventative medicine. It is screening for disease, insurance doesn't prevent disease-neither does so called 'health care'.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,695
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 69,391
Amy 9-18 38 min edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min loose cannon 178,068
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr maurizio74 49,849
Abby 9-19 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Amy 9-19 1 hr Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••