Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460379 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969810 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Words of denial by a child beater. It's easy to accuse someone falsely, isn't it?
The increasing violence by young black men is not a coincidence.
It started after the Trayvon Martin verdict and is growing in intensity.
Did you know about that website posted by an employee of Homeland Security literally inciting a war on whites?
The hysteria is out of control and is directly related to Trayvon Martin. It's not unreasonable to question an angry black poster if it would have been better if Martin had succeeded in killing Zimmerman since Martin was, in fact, the attacker.
Can't a person be considered suspect in a high crime area if they fit the profile of the perpetrators without becoming the attacker?
The two recent senseless murders after the numerous attacks on whites in the name of Trayvon and now a government employee declaring an outright war on whites has gotten out of control and must be stopped. It all began after the verdict.
The truth? As the largest racial group, whites commit the majority of crimes in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.

Given this mathematical truth, would anyone encourage African Americans to begin shooting suspicious white males in their neighborhoods for fear that they'll be raped, assaulted or murdered? Perhaps George Zimmerman's defenders should answer that question. If African Americans were to act as irrationally as Zimmerman did, would any rationale suffice to avoid arrest?

http://www.theroot.com/views/why-don-t-we-tal...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969811 Aug 23, 2013
The Trayvon Martin Killing and the Myth of Black-on-Black Crime

Crime is driven by proximity and opportunity, which is why 86 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#969812 Aug 23, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Pseudo nutjob
That is right I am not a not a nutjub exactly what the word pseudo means something it is not, and I know you are a Pseudo Liberal and they are nutjobs.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969814 Aug 23, 2013
Race, Crime and Statistical Malpractice: How the Right Manipulates White Fear With Bogus Data

No more than 0.7 percent (seven-tenths of one percent) of African Americans will commit a violent crime against a white person in a given year, and fewer than 0.3 (three-tenths of one percent) of whites will be victimized by a black person in a given year;

Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population. In fact, any given black person is 2.5 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/race-crime-and...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969815 Aug 23, 2013
It's time adults with a big microphone started speaking up. Loud and clear. In both the black and white communities.

It's time we see the problem for what it is. Our failure.

It's time to reset the liberal progressive mentality in the public schools and society and go back to square one.

It's time we saw leadership in high places addressing our failure and not blame the means by which our failings are acted out.

It's time caring and concerned adults intervened and changed the course and direction in the lives of our young people.

How many more school shootings and senseless murders will it take before we realize it's time to take this bull by the horns?

It's time. It's long overdue.

That's all I have to say. Goodnight.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969816 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
did he steal the guns? when did that trial occur? oh that's right, black folks don't need a trial to be pronounced guilty by FOXbot racists.
it's utterly amazing to me, not to mention that it's the height of hypocrisy, but i will, that any right wing nutjob would accuse me of racism.
No, I don't think they were able to recover the weapons. Spooner's home had been robbed/broken into almost a dozen times in the last year or so though (which is why he had the cameras that recorded the shooting). He evidently felt he had the right guy; whether he did or not didn't give him the right to shoot the kid that way. A better plan would have been to lie in wait and get him inside the house. Then there wouldn't have been any question whether or not he was justified in shooting him. They call that a "get out of jail free" card.....:-)

BTW, I dont seriously use the word "racist". I think its a puscee term USED mostly by crybaby btches. I'm Viking in heritage, and nothing you could ever verbalize about it would cause me even the SLIGHTEST consternation. I might hurt you over your tone though (have done it happily many times)....:-)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969818 Aug 23, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
More dissembling, Chickenfeathers. The subject is the numerous black hate crimes perpetrated on strangers due to the the hate being taught in the loser, welfare mooching black communities.
When I walk down the street i have no fear of being shot in the back by a white stranger, the same cannot be said of blacks, ask Jesse Jackson, even his black ass worries about blacks.
That IS true. You NEVER catch a negro that's made it out of the ghetto back there (unless its for a photo opp with tons of security)....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969820 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Race, Crime and Statistical Malpractice: How the Right Manipulates White Fear With Bogus Data
No more than 0.7 percent (seven-tenths of one percent) of African Americans will commit a violent crime against a white person in a given year, and fewer than 0.3 (three-tenths of one percent) of whites will be victimized by a black person in a given year;
Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population. In fact, any given black person is 2.5 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/race-crime-and...
Hahahaha, that's a funny one, injun joe. Here's the operative portion of the sentence in that statistical abortion:

"Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010)"

And that's with negroes only comprising 14% of the population (with a good 30-40% of them in prison already). The numbers still work out the same, and can NEVER change: negroes commit violent crime at a rate seven times higher per capita than the next two highest ethicities combined (anglos & hispanics).

I do give you and the weasel author an "A" for effort on that data skew though. Close, but no ceegar......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969822 Aug 23, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
More dissembling, Chickenfeathers. The subject is the numerous black hate crimes perpetrated on strangers due to the the hate being taught in the loser, welfare mooching black communities.
When I walk down the street i have no fear of being shot in the back by a white stranger, the same cannot be said of blacks, ask Jesse Jackson, even his black ass worries about blacks.
my biggest fear with white folks is that they'll kill me while they're driving drunk.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

i guess we should all stay off of the highways, though especially in loser welfare mooching white communities.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969823 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth? As the largest racial group, whites commit the majority of crimes in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.
Given this mathematical truth, would anyone encourage African Americans to begin shooting suspicious white males in their neighborhoods for fear that they'll be raped, assaulted or murdered? Perhaps George Zimmerman's defenders should answer that question. If African Americans were to act as irrationally as Zimmerman did, would any rationale suffice to avoid arrest?
http://www.theroot.com/views/why-don-t-we-tal...
If the liberal media had not deliberately put a racial face on that tragedy where there was none or reported the facts honestly, the ensuing outrage and hysteria could have been avoided.

The prosecution initially turned down the case because there was no evidence of a racially motivated murder. Trayvon fit the profile of the perpetrators of crime in that area and was simply suspect. But Trayvon was the attacker. The state made the prosecution try the case.

It's time we looked at the real problem. How we have failed our younger generation.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969825 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
It's time adults with a big microphone started speaking up. Loud and clear. In both the black and white communities.
It's time we see the problem for what it is. Our failure.
It's time to reset the liberal progressive mentality in the public schools and society and go back to square one.
It's time we saw leadership in high places addressing our failure and not blame the means by which our failings are acted out.
It's time caring and concerned adults intervened and changed the course and direction in the lives of our young people.
How many more school shootings and senseless murders will it take before we realize it's time to take this bull by the horns?
It's time. It's long overdue.
That's all I have to say. Goodnight.
Nah.

For every bit of collateral damage like the Aussie teen, there are 10-20 homicidal gang-bangers gunned down and removed from the gene pool. That's good news, and a positive trend we should nurture and applaud.....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#969826 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you didn't watch FOX today?
"sonic"
You continue to be a phoney. No surprize, the topic was about your watching Fox News 24/7. Not me. You are much more aware of the content of the programming than I am.
Since you asked, watched a some Fox News today, Fox and Friends a bit, a little of Smith and most of Baer. Passed on O'Rielly because he was not on today. Then switched over to CBS and watched the Seahawks beat the Packers.
Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969829 Aug 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think they were able to recover the weapons. Spooner's home had been robbed/broken into almost a dozen times in the last year or so though (which is why he had the cameras that recorded the shooting). He evidently felt he had the right guy; whether he did or not didn't give him the right to shoot the kid that way. A better plan would have been to lie in wait and get him inside the house. Then there wouldn't have been any question whether or not he was justified in shooting him. They call that a "get out of jail free" card.....:-)
BTW, I dont seriously use the word "racist". I think its a puscee term USED mostly by crybaby btches. I'm Viking in heritage, and nothing you could ever verbalize about it would cause me even the SLIGHTEST consternation. I might hurt you over your tone though (have done it happily many times)....:-)
the azzhole i hate to love.

damn intelligent right wing troll. doesn't the Topix TOS say something about that being grounds for all of your posts to be deleted?

come on man. get stupid or i'm reporting you to the moderators.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969832 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Both were Psuedo Liberals too within the Republican Party or RINO's and both would make great Pseudo Liberal Democrats too.
RINO(Republican in Name Only)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Na...
http://www.conservapedia.com/RINO
Pseudo Liberal
http://liberapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudoliber...
And they both gained the GOP nomination.

That's what happens when you have two, small competing groups at the opposite ends of the spectrum....

.... the guy in the middle gets in.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969833 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just passed on some information that was sent to me via email.
There were only two provisions that concerned me. I ended up looking it up myself and those two concerns were abated.
"Demanded" others to disprove it?
Hyperbole much?
That's what's known as 'spamming' son.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969834 Aug 23, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
The lies from the left, the alarmists, the hypocrites[think fat Al] the Luddites, the grant moochers are who we need to worry about.
Now then Chickenfeathers, have you parked your IC auto yet? If not, you don't care one bit. Just another phoney, like Al "big oil" Gore.
a Leaf.

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/...

fisherman have a tendency to worry about the environment. though i must admit i drive the Range Rover to go fishing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969836 Aug 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The son was a weakling who committed suicide. The wife is doing OK. Madoff protected both from the criminal prosecution that they probably deserved.
You can guess all you want.

He still didn't protect them as you claimed.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969838 Aug 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I remember that one. The old guy was already getting ready to check out from health issues, and just decided to whack out the neighbor kid who stole guns from him. I wouldnt have done it, but then again the kid wouldnt have been able to successfully rob me.....:-)
You'd have a point...

... except they didn't find any weapons.

Sorry pookie. As usual, your memory is flawed.

Par for the course...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#969839 Aug 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And they both gained the GOP nomination.
That's what happens when you have two, small competing groups at the opposite ends of the spectrum....
.... the guy in the middle gets in.
Democrats came out in large numbers and voted for Romney in the State Primaries too since the Obama camp knew that Romney was farther to the left than Obama and they are that way in the Northeast and it doesn't matter if they are Republican or Democrat.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#969840 Aug 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the azzhole i hate to love.
damn intelligent right wing troll. doesn't the Topix TOS say something about that being grounds for all of your posts to be deleted?
come on man. get stupid or i'm reporting you to the moderators.
LOL!! I must admit, I've been banned more than once here. I've found a way around it though (must be aggravating them to no end).
Let me have my evening beer; that will increase my SQ (stupidity quotient)......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr INFORWARZ 231,221
Chicago has the Worst Women 5 hr King Haggard 104
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Well Well 7,953
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr panties9688 62,354
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 8 hr Trump is the man 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 hr TRD 71,241
Are democrats destroyed? 15 hr red dawn 13

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages