Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262834 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#969399 Aug 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The Democrats want him out. They don't defend the sex scandalists like Republicans do who re-elet them.
.
"real dumb"
Yes the democrats do want him out, but with a little largess thanks to the tax payers. Payment of all of the heels legal bills and covering the awards the 17 women are going to get when they sue him. What will the total be? A few million dollars.
Peace
KMA

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#969400 Aug 23, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what someone else said. My point was that the white kid was charged with accessory to murder, for driving the car. He had an active part in the crime, as did the shooter. Yet, the other passenger, who is black, was charged with murder.
Please explain the logic in that, and learn some reading comprehension
Hey moran! You telling me to comprehend what I read? It is to laugh!!! A guess would be, maybe, he didn't know they were going to shoot him. A guess, that is all. When all the facts come out we will know why each was charged as they were. Until then mindless speculation is for fools.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#969401 Aug 23, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what someone else said. My point was that the white kid was charged with accessory to murder, for driving the car. He had an active part in the crime, as did the shooter. Yet, the other passenger, who is black, was charged with murder.
Please explain the logic in that, and learn some reading comprehension
Sounds like jones is cooperating with police.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#969402 Aug 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Google paula jones.
that happened in Arkansas in 91, Clinton didn't take office till Jan. 93. so it didn't happen while Clinton was POTUS, nor were any criminal charges filed.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#969403 Aug 23, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there were three and the oldest one who allegedly pulled the trigger was white.
You're an idiot!
"pdumb"
2 of the 3 who will be charged with murder and other crimes are black.
You are the idiot. A tad but color blind, but still an idiot.
Peace
KMA
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#969404 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Red states' income growing faster than blue states'
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...
Personal income in 23 red states has risen 4.6% since the recession began in December 2007, after adjusting for inflation. Income is up just 0.5% in 15 blue states and Washington, D.C., during that time.
...Well, that shoots your liberally-biased false assumption right in the foot, doesn't it?
No.

Some filthy rich making more by exploiting workers and getting tax cuts pumps the data.

MORE FOLKS ON FOOD STAMPS IN RED STATES.

?

?

?

poor, fat, sick and dumb?

Must be a red state!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#969405 Aug 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of liars, are you still claiming you are a moderate, liar?
lol! Good thing you're not claiming to be American son!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#969406 Aug 23, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
the question should never had been asked. Ken Starr had an agenda and was on a witch hunt. He coerced witnesses, sending them to jail when he didn't get the testimony he wanted. He started investigating the White Water real estate deal and when that didn't pan out, went from one accusation to dozens. Yet he couldn't find anything. He finally did, with the help of an illegal tape recording of a phone call. Yes in the state where Monica's phone conversation was recorded by Linda, it is illegal to record a person's phone conversation without their knowledge.
so the grand jury was based on illegally obtain evidence....and what happens to an indictment based on illegally obtained evidence....something about poisoning the well
What a loser response. How lame!
OBAMA NATION

Smithfield, NC

#969407 Aug 23, 2013


U.S SOLDIERS Expose Martial Law Agenda Plans

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#969408 Aug 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, when I look at the WH, there he is!
What is it with libtrds and their inability to understand what they read?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#969409 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Red states' income growing faster than blue states'
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...
Personal income in 23 red states has risen 4.6% since the recession began in December 2007, after adjusting for inflation. Income is up just 0.5% in 15 blue states and Washington, D.C., during that time.
...Well, that shoots your liberally-biased false assumption right in the foot, doesn't it?
Actually, no.

In fact, how it addresses the point seems to be lost on you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#969410 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats will not even contemplate cutting waste and duplication in the entitlement programs.
Even though Obama promised to "eliminate waste, fraud and abuse 'line by line' in the budget" in 2008.
Sounded good to get elected, I suppose.
But actual cuts might be perceived as losing votes.
Funny. I thought you claimed you only report.

Obviously you're an activist!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969411 Aug 23, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't think I can post this enough you goddamned liar, the AFL-CIO has no problem with the ACA they're objecting to the one year delay in implementing employer mandates. Got that stupid?
You better sit down.

According to the Las Vegas Sun:

Union leaders are concerned with a provision of the law that call for the provision of health insurance for people who work more than 30-hours per week, meaning workers’ hours could be cut so that employers don’t have to provide health insurance.

Danny Thompson, the head of the Nevada State AFL-CIO told the Sun in an interview this week,“We were told that if you liked the health insurance you had, then it would be left alone,” he said.“Well, it hasn’t been left alone.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/aug/21/n...

The delay tee'ed them off too.

Since when does any president willy-nilly change any law of the land?

Obama thinks HE'S the government.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#969412 Aug 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't see any question, try using proper punctuation next time.
Medicare part d
Was against it myself. If you could understand what you read you would have seen it.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#969413 Aug 23, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie, it's the little copycat!!
I know you haven't had an original idea in your life, but copying my picture proves that imitation is the highest form of flattery.
But I still wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
So you're too stupid to understand the concept of sarcastic mockery? Here's a sample...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/19312

...loser.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#969414 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats will not even contemplate cutting waste and duplication in the entitlement programs.
Even though Obama promised to "eliminate waste, fraud and abuse 'line by line' in the budget" in 2008.
Sounded good to get elected, I suppose.
But actual cuts might be perceived as losing votes.
Medicare Part D
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#969415 Aug 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You better sit down.
According to the Las Vegas Sun:
Union leaders are concerned with a provision of the law that call for the provision of health insurance for people who work more than 30-hours per week, meaning workers’ hours could be cut so that employers don’t have to provide health insurance.
Danny Thompson, the head of the Nevada State AFL-CIO told the Sun in an interview this week,“We were told that if you liked the health insurance you had, then it would be left alone,” he said.“Well, it hasn’t been left alone.”
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/aug/21/n...
The delay tee'ed them off too.
Since when does any president willy-nilly change any law of the land?
Obama thinks HE'S the government.
Ever seen a full time union worker getting food stamps?

Me neither!

Red State full time non union workers:

ELIGIBLE AND ENCOURAGED TO GET FOOD STAMPS!

and welfare

And medicaid

Red States:

COME GIT YER FDERAL HAND ME OUTS!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#969419 Aug 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Medicare Part D
Medicare Part D is considered by many conservatives the worst legislation ever passed by Pseudo Liberal Republicans and Pseudo Liberal George W. Bush besides it added to the Federal Deficit by 7 trillion Dollars and wasn't even paid for.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#969420 Aug 23, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
One more time you lie.
Spokane, WA
August 22, 2013
85 year old beaten to death by two teens. As you can imagine a front page story. Absolutely no mention of race was made in the story. The reason we know the color of the perpetrators was a photo from a surveilance camera which clearly showed they were black. That photo was not on the front page. Fortunately one person has been arrested. The 85 year old was a veteran of WW2 and was wounded while serving in the South Pacific.
Peace
KMA
maybe i should have been more specific about where you would find it.

Black teens in Oklahoma murder white Australian jogger for sport

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/20/black-teens...

and since i'm pretty sure no right wing nutjobs are spending time at Mother Jones....
WAKE THE HELL UP USA

Smithfield, NC

#969423 Aug 23, 2013
JUNE 2013 U S Government Activating FEMA Camps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Earthling-1 54,337
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 194,410
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr CrunchyBacon 100,274
Cincinnati campus police officer charged with m... 4 hr joey 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Whiny1 6,254
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
Amy 7-29-15 11 hr mrs gladys kravitz 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages