Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Frank

Spokane, WA

#968807 Aug 22, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>And that doesn't sound funny to you? Christians have been at war &, killing Muslims since the death of Christ. Shit, they were even killing Christians with different understanding of the scriptures. They forced Paul & his following underground because of their beliefs. This is no 1 sided affair. That's just the way they want it to seem to you. Stop calling for those tricks, you're old & stale!
You are confused.it isn't Christians that are going around the world and trying to spread terror in the name of Islam. There was no Muslim religion three thousand years ago, and there is no one around today that was around eleven hundred years ago. People should have learned something over the past decades and centuries,unfortunately too many people are too narrow minded to learn from history instead of using history to make the present and future better.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#968808 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
New law requires lost, stolen guns to be reported
Illinois gun owners will have to report missing firearms to police and check the background of potential buyers under a new state law.
Gov. Pat Quinn signed the legislation Sunday at a South Side park near where an off-duty Chicago police officer was killed with an illegally trafficked gun in 2010. He said the law will make it easier to recover stolen weapons and help ensure that only responsible people buy firearms. The measure passed both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly with healthy majorities.
"It's going to help our law enforcement," the Democratic governor said. "It's going to help all of us be safe."
Starting immediately, gun owners whose weapons are lost or stolen will have 72 hours to notify police. And beginning Jan. 1, individual gun owners will have to contact the Illinois State Police before selling a weapon or transferring ownership to ensure that the purchaser is allowed to have a gun.
Quinn said the legislation closes a loophole in the state's gun laws, which previously required gun show merchants and licensed firearms dealers — but not private sellers — to check that the customer had a valid firearm owner's identification card. Under the new law, private sellers must contact state police, who will then search records and determine the prospective buyer's eligibility.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-08-19...
works for me, and from all indications, it works for you.
and i'm pretty sure there was no mention in that bill of ethnicity, but maybe there should have been....
'Those damn Black folks selling guns on the street! But hey White buddy, I've got some guns for sale. Cheap.'
Law abiding citizens usually report crimes, dufus. Also, responsible people also have their possessions insured. For an insurance policy to pay, the insurance company will require a police report.
So, I can't see where the bill you reference will change anything. Responsible people already do that. So, what was the real purpose of that bill?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#968809 Aug 22, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
"we were on the verge of losing the Cold War"
Another opinion or you have a right wing site or two?
Don't need it. I remember the Carter fiasco well.
Can you say "stagflation"?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968810 Aug 22, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"In 1980, just 4,400 American taxpayers had claimed an annual income of more than $1 million. By 1987, more than 35,000 did—a stunning eightfold increase."
I have stated as much, the rich got richer.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#968811 Aug 22, 2013
Sweet revenge.

The AFL-CIO, union that got Harry Reid elected, is now screaming they don't want Obamacare either.

UPS and UVA dropping spousal insurance coverage directly because of Obamacare.

But, hey, all you liberals on here, didn't Obama promise us over and over again if we liked our employer insurance, we could keep it and if we liked our doctors, we could keep them?

Wouldn't that make him a liar? As in "liar, liar, pants on fire" kind of liar?

Any of you feeling duped yet?
LCNlin

United States

#968812 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish for you to wake up and smell the coffee.
If GWB's economy looked like this president's after five years, you and your liberal media would be screaming bloody murder and wouldn't even try to contain yourselves from doing so.
But complacency rules the day when another liberal is screwing us into oblivion.
Wake up, LCN. You're on the wrong side. You would be considered a loyalist to the king in 1775. Is that really who you are?
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.

The day he left office, it was 805.22, a drop of 40 percent

Republican Stock market crash under President Bush, Oct. 2008.
Waxman

Las Vegas, NV

#968813 Aug 22, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as retarded chimpy phags go, you are quite exceptional. Lick your floppy lips, take two bananas and a purple drank from petty cash, and call me in the morning.....

alarmed, fearful, frightened, horrified, horror-struck, hysterical (also hysteric), scared, scary, spooked, terrified, terrorized
fearsome, shrinking, tremulant, tremulous; agitated, anxious, apprehensive, disconcerted, disquieted, disturbed,jittery, jumpy, nervous, panicked, panicky, panic-stricken, perturbed, skittish, uneasy, upset, worried; phobic; appalled, dismayed, startled; cowed, daunted, intimidated, unnerved; coward, cowardly, craven, gutless.

Orlando, FL

#968815 Aug 22, 2013
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Obamacare was a smokescreen as a first step to a single payer system. Reid admitted it outright on a PBS interview recently.

Dictators historically convince the easily fooled that government is only looking out for their best interests by offering free medical care.

Once they control your medical care, they control you.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Some of you really need to think about that.

Bye for now.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#968816 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We were never on the verge of losing the Cold War, the Soviet system collapsed from within, it was a bad system.
Besides we were discussing Reagan's defeat of the middle class.
What collapsed the Soviet Union was the pressure put on their communist economy to match the influence of the United States in the world, and match the military progress.
It's a no-brainer communism is a bad system. That brings us to the question of why do you adore the communist we somehow put in as president?
I recall stagflation knocking the shit out of the middle class during Carter's tenure. I recall by the end of Reagan's terms, everything had been put in place for the economic boom of the 90s to happen.
What are you talking about?
... what planet do you live on? Perhaps that's the difference between our observations. I was describing Earth.

Orlando, FL

#968817 Aug 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
befuddled.

We know but don't keep embarrassing yourself.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#968818 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If I meet someone like that, not likely, I will pass that along. You are still a friggin' Communist wanting to ban all guns.
<nuts>
<clueless>
<spam>
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#968819 Aug 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and what about that six figures character who posted on every single forum at the same time!
The Orlando Forum put's Topix into it's proper perspective, that's for sure.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#968820 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Retired used car huckster beating the drums for US intervention.
America should avoid any involvement in this civil war.
If it were a civil war...
It's really foreign Al Qaeda insurgents trying to take over the country. If anything, we should be shooting them. If we're not going to shoot them, we should not have any involvement at all.

Orlando, FL

#968821 Aug 22, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh give me a break Carol! The Global Warming Policy Foundation is a bunch whack job climate deniers headed by a dilettante called Lord Lawson who've been proven wrong on numerous occasions.
1. www.theguardian.com › Environment › Climate change scepticism&#8206;
o Cached
And you're presenting a 42 year old map as proof of what? Let's stick with what's happening now nitwit. The North Pole is now a freaking lake stupid!
www.forbes.com/.../melting-polar-ice-cap-crea... ...
I'll leave it, right in the garbage where it belongs.
I'll post this again just for you.

One of the most interesting conclusions to come out of the seventh International Climate Change Conference sponsored by the Heartland Institute held in Chicago last year was that natural climate cycles have already turned from warming to cooling, global temperatures have already been declining for more than 10 years, and global temperatures will continue to decline for another two decades or more.

The Heartland Institute has effectively become the international headquarters of the climate realists, an analog to the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...

You can see the speeches at that conference here.
http://climateconference.heartland.org/
WOW

Bronx, NY

#968822 Aug 22, 2013
RACISM ingrained in this GREAT LAWYER caused self destruction of a brilliant career what a shame racial hate from inside
WOW

Bronx, NY

#968823 Aug 22, 2013
In 1990, Maddox was indefinitely suspended by the Appellate Division of the State Supreme Court in Brooklyn after failing to appear before a disciplinary hearing to answer allegations regarding his conduct in the Brawley case.[10]

In 1996, Maddox was ordered to pay New York State $1,000 in legal costs for filing a false complaint of racial bias. He had alleged that he had had to apply to represent an indigent defendant in a murder case, while two lawyers who were white had been appointed to represent the other defendant in the case without having to apply. The state showed evidence that in fact, the two lawyers had applied and Maddox had filed a discrimination suit instead of going through the applications process. Michael Mukasey, at that time a Federal judge, ordered Maddox to pay New York State the legal costs it had incurred defending against the suit.[11] The following year, in 1997, Maddox and his group, the United African Movement, were fined $10,000 by New York City's Commission on Human Rights after they denied a white teacher access to a speech by Cornel West on the basis of her race.[12]
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#968824 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
CBS News
August 7, 2013
Sun's Magnetic Field About to Flip Causing "Ripple Effect"
"As the sun's magnetic field begins to flip, the current sheet becomes wavy. Earth will dip in and out of the current sheet, as it orbits the sun. Researchers say the sun's magnetic field flipping could affect anything from the Earth's cloudiness or climate in and around the planet."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57597396/...
This happens approximately every 11 years.
Changes in the sun causes climate change patterns.
What a novel concept.
Sure Carol, but since it hasn't happened yet how do you explain the steady increases in average global temperatures? Let me once again, and I'm sure not for the last time lay this quote on you from Richard A. Muller, professor of physics at the University of California, Berkely, a MacArthur fellow and co-founder of the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project which by the way was ironically funded by the Koch Foundation;
“Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.”
But go ahead keep living in that delusional little bubble.

Orlando, FL

#968825 Aug 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
insecure.
Try and keep personal struggles to yourself.

Orlando, FL

#968826 Aug 22, 2013
The AFL-CIO, the union that got Harry Reid elected, is screaming they don't want Obamacare either.

(Don't think I can post this enough times.)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#968827 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of something I wanted to look up earlier.
Senior Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett’s late father-in-law and Chicago Sun-Times columnist Vernon Jarrett was a key member of the South Chicago communist left of the late 1940s.
Vernon Jarrett moved to Chicago in 1946 to work as a journalist and was heavily influenced by the Communist Party USA. He was included on the with well-known Chicago Communist Party member, Frank Marshall Davis.
(The plot thickens...)
Frank Marshall Davis eventually left Chicago for Hawaii to work on the Honolulu Record run by Communist Party member Koji Ariyoshi.
So is it just a coincidence that Valerie Jarrett and Frank Marshall Davis - who both had communist backgrounds and connections - were so connected to Barack Hussein Obama? And that Frank Marshall Davis was such a prominent figure in Obama's young life and also happened to live in Hawaii before he was born?
Don't that kind of coincidence just happens.
Remind us all when and for how long Valerie was married to Jarret's mopey son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Lesser of Two Evils 49,347
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min L Morales 71,264
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 26 min Roxie Darling 1,537
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Learn to Read 182,146
laptop online shopping singapore 44 min Tan 1
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 57 min boundary painter 968
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 4,794
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]