Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#968630 Aug 22, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Carol? What do you call the sequester? Those are budget cuts! They're across the board and it's affecting everyone. Obama has put out proposals for streamlining the government but he needs a green light from Congress to do so but the various chairmen of committees in the House are guarding their power over the agencies that need streamlining and not giving an inch. And who controls those committees? The GOP.
It's really very sad. You, I mean.

Obama's proposed budget increased spending in entitlements and nearly cut defense to the bone.

Don't you remember in 2011 he promised to go "line by line" in the budget to "eliminate waste, fraud and abuse" in the system?

That's all he had to do to avoid the sequester. That's all Republicans asked for in return after giving him his tax increase.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#968631 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you would find them in your list of copy and paste insults.
"sonic"
And your every thought comes from your copy and paste BS you glean from left wing sites.
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#968632 Aug 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If the EPA was effective I'd be able to eat fish out of the local rivers and streams.
Most rivers and streams meet all water quality criteria. However, not all rivers and streams are classified as fisheries.

Current water quality criteria are typically based on cancer risk factors, a much more stringent measure than acceptability for fishing. Limits on many heavy metals are set at "not detectable", in other words at the limit of laboratory detectability.

Orlando, FL

#968633 Aug 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> But that is exactly what they want. Haven't you figured that out yet? You hear no complaining because they are getting what they have dreamed of since FDR!
The majority apparently don't agree with them as 75% are "dissatisfied".

http://www.pollingreport.com/right.htm

Let's hope they prove it next time then.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#968634 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's creating quite a stir.
My concern is Americans have become too complacent to demand difficult and necessary changes. The polls indicate the vast majority believe we're going in the wrong direction, but 1 in 4 Americans don't even know ACA is the law of the land.
It's hard to imagine so many Americans aren't aware of such a strict partisan legislation that will affect them so profoundly.
It's the complacency that really concerns me the most.
Unless there is more of an outcry on the part of younger voters and minorities as well as the middle class demanding major changes, our fate is sealed.
I'm pretty convinced this president and his administration think they are insulated and immune from the growing unrest because of the liberal media's protection and what is becoming a disturbing complacency.
We'll know if I'm right or not come next November and in 2016. Heaven knows, I hope I'm not.
Good morning, flack.
Oh I think most of them are about to get a rude awakening in a couple of months. The tide is changing, although slowly. CNN is coming around to be a more effective journalistic news source.Even PMSNBC is slowly turning away from the blind loyalty. With three years to go the cracks are showing and will only widen with time.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#968635 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anybody work 40 hours per week for an extra $300 per month in a society that glorifies freeloaders?
Because that 900 has a lifetime limit. Because people want to work. With work is a chance for advancement.

No one glorifies those who need help. That is all in your demented little head.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968636 Aug 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you forgot to mention was the fact that we were on the verge of losing the Cold War, which would have meant the same thing that happened to the Soviet Union would have happened to us instead, and Reagon led us from the verge of defeat to victory.
Perhaps you would have some credibility if you included things that are consistent with actual US history in your posts.
We were never on the verge of losing the Cold War, the Soviet system collapsed from within, it was a bad system.

Besides we were discussing Reagan's defeat of the middle class.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#968637 Aug 22, 2013
Oh good morning Carol!

Orlando, FL

#968638 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>All debunked many times over, no need to defend.
No, Homer, you keep confusing "debunked" with "denial".

But I don't blame you. I blame the liberal media for wanting to keep you in the dark.

Well, actually, I do blame you for choosing to stay there.

BTW, Reagan's economic plan trickled all the way down to the Clinton administration.

Clinton also moved to the right of center following the lead of his Republican Congress. Smart move.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968639 Aug 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
A person blindly supporting someone who was mentored by Frank Marshal Davis, was promoted by Vernon Jarrett, began his political career in the home of William Ayers, and puts Vallerie Jarrett in the office immediately adjacent to the Oval Office is calling someone else a "friggin' communist".
It doesn't get much funnier than that.
If I meet someone like that, not likely, I will pass that along. You are still a friggin' Communist wanting to ban all guns.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#968640 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The flat tax would get rid of all deductions. Just getting rid of the deduction for mortgage interest alone would be very difficult when you have 60 percent of Americans who are homeowners and who depend on that deduction. The deduction is capitalized into the value of homes. If you lose the deduction for mortgage interest, housing prices would fall, and how popular would that be? Then, getting rid of the exclusion for health insurance that would greatly increase taxes on workers or businesses. Its all just a pipe dream.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/0...
Another leftwinger casts a vote in favor of subsidies.

The mortgage deduction is the product of the real estate industry lobby.
LCNlin

United States

#968641 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some negative news for liberals.
The Dow drops like a rock for six consecutive days.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/20/dow-...
"Dow Suffers Biggest Drop Of 2013 As Markets Continue To Panic About The Fed"
Obama's failed stimulus and big government vision apparently isn't working.
You celebrate that which hurts the average American.

Bad economic news seems to cheer you.

You dislike America
when YOU
are not in charge?

rather unpatriotic ?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968642 Aug 22, 2013
Flack, posting, market must be down.

Not George Bush down(6,500) but down slightly.

Rightwingers cheer!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#968643 Aug 22, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Per the morals and standards of the times Oblama's mom was a slut, even a black minister said so. I'll grant you none of us get to pick our parents.
We are today not 50 years ago. You defend the bigot thinking back then? Yes, inter racial marriage is accepted today as it should always have been.

To call Obama's mother a slut today because she married a black man just means your attitude is the same as the bigots 50 years ago.
LCNlin

United States

#968644 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Another leftwinger casts a vote in favor of subsidies.
The mortgage deduction is the product of the real estate industry lobby.
Galt rents
LOL
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#968645 Aug 22, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
And your every thought comes from your copy and paste BS you glean from left wing sites.
Peace
KMA
somehow unlike every right wing nutjob on this thread?

but now that i think about, why am i acting like a right wing nutjob?

so now i'm miffed. i'm taking my copy & paste and going over to the Daily Holler so i can harass some super-uber-right wing nutjobs. and don't ask me to come back.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#968646 Aug 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Syrian toxic massacre shocks world as it's reported that between 500 and 1300 men, women and children were gassed, many while asleep in rebel held neighborhoods near Damascus.
It's the largest chemical since the 1980's when Saddam gassed the Iraqi Kurd town of Halabja with ordinance furnished by the US under the Reagan Administration.
UN chemical inspectors are in Syria but the information is coming slowly.
Retired used car huckster beating the drums for US intervention.

America should avoid any involvement in this civil war.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#968647 Aug 22, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts make Liberals yawn.
lol! Facts makes cons look ignorant!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#968648 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We were never on the verge of losing the Cold War, the Soviet system collapsed from within, it was a bad system.
Besides we were discussing Reagan's defeat of the middle class.
If it was a bad system then why are you libtards hell bent on recreating it here. Stupid is as stupid does!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#968649 Aug 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Syrian toxic massacre shocks world as it's reported that between 500 and 1300 men, women and children were gassed, many while asleep in rebel held neighborhoods near Damascus.
It's the largest chemical since the 1980's when Saddam gassed the Iraqi Kurd town of Halabja with ordinance furnished by the US under the Reagan Administration.
UN chemical inspectors are in Syria but the information is coming slowly.
By the way, dead is dead, whether by bullets, bombs, or gas. What's the difference?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Eric 69,356
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min loose cannon 177,969
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,578
Amy 9-16 33 min Mister Tonka 4
Abby 9-16 38 min PEllen 3
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Blwlgo 1,919
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Blwlgo 4,018
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,199
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••