Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232515 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#969001 Aug 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Marshal Davis dumped Ann Dunham after he found out she was pregnant, then arranged for her to marry a young communist from Kenya, who was also married, and get her out of the country to have the baby.
Do you realize how stupid you sound? Frank Marshal Davis was 56 years old when Obama's 19 year old mother gave birth to him. Your assertion is asinine.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#969002 Aug 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not on my forum__but if I click on the US News forum the post removed messages come up.
Do you post on US News? Why?
Don't lie now!
Link me to the US News forum I will see if I post there:)
Frank

Spokane, WA

#969003 Aug 22, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was 805.22, a drop of 40 percent
Republican Stock market crash under President Bush, Oct. 2008.
The 2008 Democratic National Convention was held in Denver, Colorado, from August 25 to August 28, 2008. Look for the straw that broke the camels back.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#969004 Aug 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it almost unbelievable that in this day and age you can't bring yourself to accept interracial marriage.
Not sure why I am surprised since you have never tried to hide your racism but I really feel sorry for you. You must be very insecure. You are certainly ridiculous in your thinking. I'll never understand why Republicans prefer to live in the past.
Born in 1938 he got by in life with a decent Northern high school education. Many did, millions did and the Florida, Arizona and CA retirement communities are full up with those racist azzholes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#969005 Aug 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic, I'm betting you can't even define "supply-side economics".
The concept of a flat tax has been around forever. It was an argument for everyone paying a greater share of the tax burden than others since the beginning of taxation.
A flat tax is the only fair tax. EVERYONE pays. No exemptions. No exceptions. No excuses. A crackwhore gets 10 dollars, they cough up a buck fifty or so to the federal government. If you receive money in any way, you give a portion of that money to the federal government.
Let's see who gets elected when EVERYONE has to pay for what they vote for. I can guarantee you those criminals we have now won't be returning to Washington. They will have to take over the government and declare a dictatorship to stay there, which seems to be the plan.
"A crackwhore gets 10 dollars, they cough up a buck fifty or so to the federal government."

Really? She does?

By what mechanism does she report this income and pay the federal tax on it?

This ought to be good.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#969006 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about eliminating all funding of the United Nations, a completely worthless organization?
That wouldn't even be enough money to pay for Obama's entertainment budget.

Location hidden

#969007 Aug 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing Barack's mother with your own.
I understand it helps you cope to think others had mothers like yours but really, making this Obama stuff up is a sign you need professional help.
If they can’t back something up with reality, they’ll make something up, just to show you how wrong you are.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#969008 Aug 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Born in 1938 he got by in life with a decent Northern high school education. Many did, millions did and the Florida, Arizona and CA retirement communities are full up with those racist azzholes.
Overcrowded and under developed, Deltona is home to crazy mean old people, new young families, wanna be "gangsta" teenagers... and most importantly, deranged lunatics.

Deltona is a huge sprawling area of winding streets that lead to more winding streets that lead to more winding streets. The neighborhoods are as mismatched as the people, with shacks falling down next door to huge, weird looking 2 story homes. You can find the poorest inhabitants of this city zipping around town in their souped up BMW's, gas guzzling SUV's, or Mercedes... because even though they can't scrape together enough money to pay the electric bill they have no problem coughing up $450 for a car payment.

There is nothing to do in Deltona. Young families flock to "Dewey O", the local park, like wildebeest to a watering hole. Old people go door to door, soliciting their religion. Teenagers spend the majority of their time vandalizing things, smoking things, snorting things up their noses, or beating the living hell out of one another.

With a Walgreens on every corner, you'll never have to do without your pharmaceuticals.

The best part about Deltona is that you never know what you'll get killed for. Maybe over an X box? Maybe over the way you looked at that guy at the gas pump? Or maybe just because someone felt like it.

Oh... and Deltona Florida: Home of the 2004 mass murders

I'm not kidding...

It's the culture...
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#969009 Aug 22, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"A crackwhore gets 10 dollars, they cough up a buck fifty or so to the federal government."
Really? She does?
By what mechanism does she report this income and pay the federal tax on it?
This ought to be good.
Look, it's his fantasy world, let him live in it.

Besides wouldn't a crackwhore be paid in crack?

With a 15% flat tax Homer would never pay another dime in taxes, I'd be wheeling and dealing for everything, I'd probably change my name to 'Trader Homer'.

There are so many ways around a flat tax there would be no revenue, ergo no defense budget, we'd have to fight the next war with sticks.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#969010 Aug 22, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Link me to the US News forum I will see if I post there:)
If you post here you post there you stupid fk and on a few hundred local threads. fetch almighty is read and laughed at worldwide and known as a racist scumbag pos.

Put your pointy thing on that black bar at the top of your forum and open a whole new world. If you find fred, send him back eh? We miss his , cough, humor.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#969011 Aug 22, 2013
and twigs
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969012 Aug 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>UPS, one of the largest companies in the US with nearly 400,000 employes has told 15,000 blue collar types that their "employed" wives who receive benefits elsewhere, but not children "could" be removed from the companies healthcare rolls.
Tell the entire story mutt. Stop being stupid OK?
"Spousal" means wives/husbands, not children, you fkn mutt.

Why should two companies pay to cover the same individual?

Location hidden

#969013 Aug 22, 2013
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to fall in love with me or what? I've spent the ENTIRE day with a massive erection all because of you. And I KNOW you love it, this... electronic tease thing you've got going on... I'm gonna go do it again, you Hindu goddess you... the whole house smells like... well, like you would if I ever get my hands on you...(kiss)
Glad to see you're checking in. It's pouring rain today so I have a little time to actually read some of the drivel the right is espousing as truth. Most of the time all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969014 Aug 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. IMO, relying on computerized systems to vote are much more open to manipulation by hackers. A system that mails out ballots to registered voters is far less open to voter fraud.
OK, provided that the signature of the voter is notarized.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#969015 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
So why don’t blacks vote Republican? The answer is simple. Black people are not crazy. Being not crazy, they understand a simple truth about conservatives: They have never stood with, or up for, black people. Never.
Forget modern controversies like mass incarceration. Social conservatives, then based largely in the Democratic Party of the early to mid 20th century, opposed the Voting Rights Act. They opposed the Civil Rights Act. They opposed school integration. They opposed the Montgomery Bus Boycott. They opposed a law to crack down on lynching.
These are the people for whom African Americans are now supposed to vote? To make the argument is to betray a stunning contempt for the intelligence — and memory — of black voters.
In talking about race, conservatives have all the moral authority of a pimp talking about women’s rights.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/05/2487580...
The Republican Party is the anti-slavery party they were the only party that stood up for black people. They were the party that was founded by anti-slavery activists in 1854 after they saw the expansion of slavery as a great evil. The Republican Party first came to power in 1860 with the election of Lincoln and set out to save the country and end slavery. The Republican party was also the party that made it possible for blacks and others of color as well as others who didn't have connections to get the oppurtunity to serve in government jobs when they started civil serve program instead of the system of that the Democrats used for decades that was basically know someone,be related to someone or buy into a government job.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#969016 Aug 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize how stupid you sound? Frank Marshal Davis was 56 years old when Obama's 19 year old mother gave birth to him. Your assertion is asinine.
Bill Clinton was 48 when he was screwing a 22 year old Monica Lewinsky. How stupid and asinine was that? No one said commies and democrats were smart.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969017 Aug 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it almost unbelievable that in this day and age you can't bring yourself to accept interracial marriage.
Not sure why I am surprised since you have never tried to hide your racism but I really feel sorry for you. You must be very insecure. You are certainly ridiculous in your thinking. I'll never understand why Republicans prefer to live in the past.
Clearly, you don't understand the difference between toleration and acceptance. Toleration is all that is required by law.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969018 Aug 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>That wouldn't even be enough money to pay for Obama's entertainment budget.
Understood.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#969019 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing should be untouchable.
Plus, eliminate all federal spending on education, a state and local function.
If they eliminate federal education spending, folks would end up as stupid as you are.

But that's really what you want, isn't it? For everyone to be a filthy, lying POS like Nobraina.

Location hidden

#969020 Aug 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the US to enter into war on the word of Bunky Moonie and some hairball Swedish scientist?
Better than entering into a unilateral war on the word of George W. Bush. If he had bided his time, it would have become apparent that there were no wmd's and we would all be better off.

Besides, the Security Council won't be eager to aggravate the situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 5-24-15 14 min tiredofit 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min positronium 189,805
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 99,534
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 70,017
Poll What is your favorite furniture store in Chicago? 6 hr Jana Ravens 0
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr boundary painter 5,240
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]