Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433590 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969255 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama thinks he is the government.
lol! I'd ask you for proof....

.... but that's just not your style!

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969256 Aug 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
redundant.
Did I mention the same unions who got Harry Reid reelected now want no part of Obamacare - the same Obamacare Harry Reid coauthored - the Obamacare they made sure wouldn't be repealed by getting Harry Reid reelected?

I just find that way too funny.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969257 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, maybe you haven't noticed, but just like carol you keep repeating yourself.
lol! It gives a new meaning to 'locked and loaded!"

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969258 Aug 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just another lie. All you do is come here and lie, while sitting in a haze of cigarette.
Care to provide proof of what the Unions are upset about? It surely doesn't match your lies on the subject.
We all know Carol is the biggest liar on Topix, having been caught in hundreds of lies.
Explains why she's changed her name a half dozen times.
Obama gets away with thinking he is the government because people like you don't read current events and can't keep up.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/aug/21/n...

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969259 Aug 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
grasping.
When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969260 Aug 22, 2013
Union Members Stand Up for the Affordable Care Act

The 2.1 million members of SEIU have been fighting for decades to ensure that everyone has access to quality affordable healthcare. We fought hard to get the Affordable Care Act passed, and we are still fighting hard to protect and fix the law.

Just before leaving for August Recess, the extremist Republicans in the House of Representatives held the 40th repeal vote on the healthcare law. It is unconscionable that they are more interested in scoring political points than ensuring that their constituents understand the benefits and protections of the law.

These extremist Republicans have no plan and their actions would take away health insurance for 3.1 million young people, force 6.3 million seniors to pay more for lifesaving prescription drugs and make 71 million hard working Americans start paying for what is now fully covered preventive care, such as cancer screenings, well child visits and contraception. Additionally, insurance companies could go back to denying people healthcare coverage, dropping people when they are sick and charging women more than men for the same care.

Enough is enough!

http://www.seiu.org/2013/08/what-nurses-say-a...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969261 Aug 22, 2013
Union members, legislators discuss ways to support Obamacare

Local health care workers and legislators gathered Thursday to discuss their support of the Affordable Care Act and expansion of Medicaid in Indiana.

Although the Affordable Care Act is law, Republicans in the U.S. House have tried 40 times to repeal it.

And Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has refused to expand Medicaid eligibility, as directed by the Affordable Care Act, because he believes the federal government will not provide adequate funding.

State Rep. Charlie Brown, D-Gary, said Indiana stands to lose an estimated 30,000 jobs, as well as federal dollars, if Medicaid is not expanded. If Indiana does not get on board, Hoosier taxpayer dollars will fund health care in other states, he said.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/healthcare/u...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969262 Aug 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, fat loser Carol goes silent when her stupid propaganda is debunked.
Care to tell us more about the Koch funded climate deniers??
How's this one;
""Prominent climate change denier now admits he was wrong (+video)
Richard Muller, who directed a Koch-funded climate change project, has undergone a 'total turnaround' on his stance on global warming, which he now admits is caused by human activity.""
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0730/Pr...
----------
Have another cigarette, climate denier!!
Read and learn.

Perhaps the most inconvenient fact is the lack of global warming for well over 10 years now. This is known to the warming establishment, as one can see from the 2009 "Climategate" email of climate scientist Kevin Trenberth: "The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't." But the warming is only missing if one believes computer models where so-called feedbacks involving water vapor and clouds greatly amplify the small effect of CO2.

The lack of warming for more than a decade—indeed, the smaller-than-predicted warming over the 22 years since the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) began issuing projections—suggests that computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause. Faced with this embarrassment, those promoting alarm have shifted their drumbeat from warming to weather extremes, to enable anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate to be ascribed to CO2.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...

Sixteen scientists attested to and signed the assertions made in the above article.

Claude Allegre, former director of the Institute for the Study of the Earth, University of Paris; J. Scott Armstrong, cofounder of the Journal of Forecasting and the International Journal of Forecasting; Jan Breslow, head of the Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, Rockefeller University; Roger Cohen, fellow, American Physical Society; Edward David, member, National Academy of Engineering and National Academy of Sciences; William Happer, professor of physics, Princeton; Michael Kelly, professor of technology, University of Cambridge, U.K.; William Kininmonth, former head of climate research at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology; Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT; James McGrath, professor of chemistry, Virginia Technical University; Rodney Nichols, former president and CEO of the New York Academy of Sciences; Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer, designer of Voyager and SpaceShipOne; Harrison H. Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut and former U.S. senator; Nir Shaviv, professor of astrophysics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem; Henk Tennekes, former director, Royal Dutch Meteorological Service; Antonio Zichichi, president of the World Federation of Scientists, Geneva.

Knowledge is power.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969263 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Union Members Stand Up for the Affordable Care Act
The 2.1 million members of SEIU have been fighting for decades to ensure that everyone has access to quality affordable healthcare. We fought hard to get the Affordable Care Act passed, and we are still fighting hard to protect and fix the law.
Just before leaving for August Recess, the extremist Republicans in the House of Representatives held the 40th repeal vote on the healthcare law. It is unconscionable that they are more interested in scoring political points than ensuring that their constituents understand the benefits and protections of the law.
These extremist Republicans have no plan and their actions would take away health insurance for 3.1 million young people, force 6.3 million seniors to pay more for lifesaving prescription drugs and make 71 million hard working Americans start paying for what is now fully covered preventive care, such as cancer screenings, well child visits and contraception. Additionally, insurance companies could go back to denying people healthcare coverage, dropping people when they are sick and charging women more than men for the same care.
Enough is enough!
http://www.seiu.org/2013/08/what-nurses-say-a...
Labor Unions: Obamacare Will 'Shatter' Our Health Benefits, Cause 'Nightmare Scenarios'

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

Representatives of three of the nation’s largest unions fired off a letter to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi warning that Obamacare would “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

The letter was penned by James P. Hoffa, general president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters; Joseph Hansen, international president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union; and Donald “D.” Taylor, president of UNITE-HERE, a union representing hotel, airport, food service, gaming, and textile workers.

Say it with me...knowledge is power.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969264 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Union members, legislators discuss ways to support Obamacare
Local health care workers and legislators gathered Thursday to discuss their support of the Affordable Care Act and expansion of Medicaid in Indiana.
Although the Affordable Care Act is law, Republicans in the U.S. House have tried 40 times to repeal it.
And Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has refused to expand Medicaid eligibility, as directed by the Affordable Care Act, because he believes the federal government will not provide adequate funding.
State Rep. Charlie Brown, D-Gary, said Indiana stands to lose an estimated 30,000 jobs, as well as federal dollars, if Medicaid is not expanded. If Indiana does not get on board, Hoosier taxpayer dollars will fund health care in other states, he said.
http://www.nwitimes.com/business/healthcare/u...
Every dollar of federal funding is a poison pill that requires matching state funding, just like the rail tunnel funding that Christie rejected.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969265 Aug 22, 2013
Dodgers gang up on minor league Miami Marlins once again.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#969266 Aug 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I'd ask you for proof....
.... but that's just not your style!
Au contraire, proof is just my style. You just don't like being presented with it. And offer nothing yourself but snarky remarks.

Snarky remarks is your style.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969267 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Labor Unions: Obamacare Will 'Shatter' Our Health Benefits, Cause 'Nightmare Scenarios'
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
Representatives of three of the nation’s largest unions fired off a letter to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi warning that Obamacare would “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”
The letter was penned by James P. Hoffa, general president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters; Joseph Hansen, international president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union; and Donald “D.” Taylor, president of UNITE-HERE, a union representing hotel, airport, food service, gaming, and textile workers.
Say it with me...knowledge is power.
here's some knowledge you keep ignoring.....

not all of the unions are complaining.

so maybe you should be a bit more discerning when you talk about the unions and the ACA by saying....'Some Unions....'

but it was a nice try.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969268 Aug 22, 2013
Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, who has been recently criticized for remaining silent on racially-charged crimes in which whites were the victims, said the shooting of a white jogger in Oklahoma by three young men is "frowned upon."

The oddly tepid remark came in a tweet, and was followed by a lengthier statement in which Jackson pleaded for an end to violence in general.

"Praying for the family of Chris Lane. This senseless violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail," Jackson tweeted.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969269 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read and learn.
Perhaps the most inconvenient fact is the lack of global warming for well over 10 years now. This is known to the warming establishment, as one can see from the 2009 "Climategate" email of climate scientist Kevin Trenberth: "The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't." But the warming is only missing if one believes computer models where so-called feedbacks involving water vapor and clouds greatly amplify the small effect of CO2.
The lack of warming for more than a decade—indeed, the smaller-than-predicted warming over the 22 years since the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) began issuing projections—suggests that computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause. Faced with this embarrassment, those promoting alarm have shifted their drumbeat from warming to weather extremes, to enable anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate to be ascribed to CO2.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...
Sixteen scientists attested to and signed the assertions made in the above article.
Claude Allegre, former director of the Institute for the Study of the Earth, University of Paris; J. Scott Armstrong, cofounder of the Journal of Forecasting and the International Journal of Forecasting; Jan Breslow, head of the Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, Rockefeller University; Roger Cohen, fellow, American Physical Society; Edward David, member, National Academy of Engineering and National Academy of Sciences; William Happer, professor of physics, Princeton; Michael Kelly, professor of technology, University of Cambridge, U.K.; William Kininmonth, former head of climate research at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology; Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT; James McGrath, professor of chemistry, Virginia Technical University; Rodney Nichols, former president and CEO of the New York Academy of Sciences; Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer, designer of Voyager and SpaceShipOne; Harrison H. Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut and former U.S. senator; Nir Shaviv, professor of astrophysics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem; Henk Tennekes, former director, Royal Dutch Meteorological Service; Antonio Zichichi, president of the World Federation of Scientists, Geneva.
Knowledge is power.
NOAA: Past Decade Warmest on Record According to Scientists in 48 Countries

Earth has been growing warmer for more than fifty years

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/2010...

it's like 'the other side of the coin? what coin?'.

but again, it was a nice try.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969270 Aug 22, 2013
UN Ambassador Power blows off Security Council meeting, tweets instead.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969271 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire, proof is just my style. You just don't like being presented with it. And offer nothing yourself but snarky remarks.
Snarky remarks is your style.
snarky.....

"Say it with me...knowledge is power."

so carol, i have one thing to say and i will leave you for the evening....fck off you hypocrite.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969272 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
here's some knowledge you keep ignoring.....
not all of the unions are complaining.
so maybe you should be a bit more discerning when you talk about the unions and the ACA by saying....'Some Unions....'
but it was a nice try.
All the union members who earn decent salaries and have good medical insurance programs will eventually get screwed by ObamaKKKare.

The joke union SEIU, which rips off minimum wage employees for dues, is an exception.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#969273 Aug 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
NOAA: Past Decade Warmest on Record According to Scientists in 48 Countries
Earth has been growing warmer for more than fifty years
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/2010...
it's like 'the other side of the coin? what coin?'.
but again, it was a nice try.
NOAA is political, not scientific.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#969274 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire, proof is just my style. You just don't like being presented with it. And offer nothing yourself but snarky remarks.
Snarky remarks is your style.
lol! And yet, you've provided no proof.

Seems to me you slipped back without realizing it!

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Buster Chopin 225,451
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Retired SOF 1,718
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,565
News Trump, Clinton and that murder at Millennium Park 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Donald Trump meets with the Polish-American com... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Marine Joint Chiefs Chairman Rejects Obama Plan 1 hr Go Blue Forever 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 9,550
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Dejuan 103,648

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages