Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968549 Aug 22, 2013
Emoron wrote:
Question for gun folks:
1. Do you support the NRA's policy of creating and keeping a data base of gun owners that they secretly assembled without the knowledge of the people on the list?
2. Does this constitute a conspiracy or scandal?
3. Would this be considered a conspiracy or scandal if Obama ordered it?
1. No
2. Yes, both
3. Absolutely. Rightwingers would be going apeshit right now.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968550 Aug 22, 2013
Homer surrounded by rightwing posters, I feel like a black man at a Tea Bagger rally.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#968551 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>This is just dumb, time to go check on your meth lab.
Ah can't Homer-the zombieTIC types of the current administration hazmat me blackballed...prolly cause they knowz, I can't stand patheTICness.

No wonder though I guess-What a big, pile of nothing but mess.

PatheTIC.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#968552 Aug 22, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I can explain that Son. The young Democrats who are my constituents aren't as likely to have two parents who have jobs with benefits that they can stay on. Nope, we'll make sure for those who aren't already on Medicaid as many are, they'll be well subsidized with taxpayer money to pay for ObamaCare.
seems to me it speaks more to the state of conservative families.

but when you live in a FOX fantasy world and your kids have been living it vicariously, they're just not capable of dealing with the real world. so.....i'm paying taxes so grown kids can sit at home and play video games where the main theme reinforces their 2nd amendment rights.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#968553 Aug 22, 2013
Its okay wrote:
The worm turns!!! Republicans deserting the party likes rats abandoning a sinking ship!!
AND, when Republicans aren't deserting the party, the party deserts them as they did with Mark Sanford when the National Republican Congressional Committee chose not to back him over his Democratic opponent in the South Carolina special election. The fact that he won despite losing the GOP's support must be sweet revenge for Sanford and another example of a backwards GOP in trouble.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968554 Aug 22, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. Reagan's trickle down stuff worked-for those who didn't mind HONEST work. Not so much for the givverment fweeriding slackerTics sector-but OH WELL. Too bad for them they were just as clueless then as they are now.
Homer-you trying to slip that tin cup o yours, under the purple drank again?
Not till the Clinton years did the tentacles of corporations show up in lots of places in rural America-except Clinton at least had some welfare to work STANDARDS...rather than just a flat line givverment Julia cradle to grave welfare for life plan.
Your theory debunked, the numbers don't lie -

Reagan's Toll on the Middle Class
Top 1% average per-capita income -
1980 - 1990
427K --> 661K increase of 55%
Income of bottom 90% same time period decreased
30,900 --> 30,800

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#968555 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
Homer surrounded by rightwing posters, I feel like a black man at a Tea Bagger rally.
You mean like the one who got beat up by four liberals?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#968556 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>FDR did would he could to fix a broken nation after the first financial collapse also caused by Republicans. He put things in place to protect and provide for the needy and the elderly.
WW whatever was not caused by Republicans either Homer.

See Hitler.(kind of like Saddam)

Gaw- you purple drink sniffing, commie loving libuhrulTics sometimes.

DUHmmy.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#968557 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>FDR did would he could to fix a broken nation after the first financial collapse also caused by Republicans. He put things in place to protect and provide for the needy and the elderly.
G I Bill, 1944
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#968558 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
otay that one was worth a chuckle lol.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#968559 Aug 22, 2013
In Extraordinary 911 Call, Employee Talks Down Georgia Elementary Gunman

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/i...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#968560 Aug 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Your theory debunked, the numbers don't lie -
Reagan's Toll on the Middle Class
Top 1% average per-capita income -
1980 - 1990
427K --> 661K increase of 55%
Income of bottom 90% same time period decreased
30,900 --> 30,800
It were an era that wore the springs out muh decade annual, on sale only, till ya wear holes in 'em tennies, but hey--that's life in the REAL working world lol.
LCNlin

United States

#968561 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, I can't wait until this time next year. The sinking reality will have set in by then. Then it's just another year before we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Even Hillary won't be able to defend the mess her party created if it's bad as most expect and Democrats fear.
seems to celebrate problems faces by the American People for your own personal gain?
Rather unpatriotic
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#968563 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Health Care Reform Fistfight Results in Not Guilty Verdict

Jurors heard conflicting testimony in the two-day trial over who actually started the fight, and they viewed video tape showing the end and aftermath of the brawl — but no video showed who threw the first punch.

“Finally after two years of lies and distortion the jury got to hear the truth,” Molens said.“They got to see the evidence that wasn’t on Ann Coulter or some right wing blogs, and within 40 minutes they acquitted us.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/07/12/acquit...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968565 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text>
It were an era that wore the springs out muh decade annual, on sale only, till ya wear holes in 'em tennies, but hey--that's life in the REAL working world lol.
You are actually getting worse, this is completely unreadable tic
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968566 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text>
WW whatever was not caused by Republicans either Homer.
See Hitler.(kind of like Saddam)
Gaw- you purple drink sniffing, commie loving libuhrulTics sometimes.
DUHmmy.
I was referring to the Great Depression. The rest of your post is nonsense, literally.
LCNlin

United States

#968567 Aug 22, 2013
Republican Problems

Unless it doesn’t. Behind the scenes — in whispered asides, not for public consumption — some Republicans are now worried that keeping the House is not such a done deal after all. They look back to two elections, 1998 and 2006, in which Republicans seriously underperformed expectations, and they wonder if 2014 might be a little like those two unhappy years.

“The majority is at risk,” says one well-connected Republican strategist.“It should be a good year, but you need to run like you’re trying to win, and you need a good, solid strategy.”

In 1998, Republicans, with a narrow majority in the House, expected to pick up at least 20 seats. It was a weird year, with the Lewinsky scandal consuming Bill Clinton’s presidency. But Clinton wasn’t on the ballot — a fact that didn’t stop House Republicans from campaigning against him.“We were going to make the race all about Bill Clinton,” the strategist recalls.

It didn’t work. Instead of picking up 20 seats, the GOP lost five.(So much for the president’s party never picking up seats in the second term.) Republicans kept control of the House, but by a margin so small it made governing difficult.

In 2006, another president was in his second term, this time Republican George W. Bush. The GOP controlled the House and saw itself heading toward another victory.“The whole focus was on attacking Democrats,” recalls the strategist.“There was the belief that the districts were structurally Republican, Bush had carried a number of them, and we had a financial advantage.”

But instead of cruising to a win, the GOP lost 30 seats and ushered in the era of Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

In both years,’98 and ’06, Republicans concentrated more on going after Democrats than on laying out a solid plan for governance. They were the opposition party more than the alternative party. And they suffered for it.

What is the GOP plan for 2014? It’s not clear. But there are indications some Republicans believe that, with a weakening president, a strategy based mostly on opposing Democrats will be enough to keep control of the House. But voters are sending some warning signals.

They’re still not happy with the economy. How could they be, with unemployment at 7.4 percent? Whatever Barack Obama does, whatever Republicans do, unless something huge happens, the public’s top issue will remain the economy for quite a while.
LCNlin

United States

#968568 Aug 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox???
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#968569 Aug 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>G I Bill, 1944
Good stuff.

Happy 'Be an Angel' day today.

Be An Angel Day is all about making the world a better place through acts of kindness, care and support. Put others before yourself and reach out to help those in need.

If you’re the one benefiting from someone else’s act of kindness, make sure you let them know you appreciate it.

You know, Anti-Republican type stuff.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#968570 Aug 22, 2013
How many Obama’s Economic recovery have we been through since June 2009? Another Economic recovery frizzles GALLUP: Unemployment Spikes to 8.9%, Today 47% of adults have full time Jobs in 2007 59%, 1.8 GDP under Obama’s new job program ‘ Welfare’ it now Pays not to Work!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 6 min _Zoey_ 4,729
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min _Zoey_ 4,720
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 8 min Northern Lights 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min mahz 49,894
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min SolomonKane 46,798
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Jacques from Ottawa 178,176
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min Perry Mason 98,241
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE