Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#968207 Aug 21, 2013
TSM wrote:
‘Obama's brother linked to Muslim Brotherhood’ not surprise, Liberals will be Shock!!
they knew it all along. Ellison, the ugly moslem, in Minnesota is another one.
Allah Akbar!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#968208 Aug 21, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>didn't we debunk this yesterday Chimpy? you are poor and will always be poor. Odumbocare is bargain basement healthcare for the indigent. it will family eventually because you people don't have any money to pay for it, and then it will be defunded and repealed.

Any questions?
The intention of Obamacare is to destroy America,

under the pretext of "fairness".

It is not fair that illegals do not have free health insurance paid by American tax payers.

It is not fair that Liberal black women can not have free abortion paid by Christian white male American tax payers.

It is not fair that American hating Muslim "political" refugees do not have free health care from their Kenya Muslim brother at the White House.
Its okay

United States

#968209 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Wow unbelievable what your article says is that democrats at all ages don't want O'bama care.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/chilling-911...
Lol. Really? No wonder you're so misguided, your comprehension level is on the lower side!! It says nothing of the kind. Either you're a liar, stupid, or both. I'd put my money on both.

"They found that by last March, 63 percent of young adults identifying as Republicans had enrolled in a parent’s health plan in the last 12 months, compared to 45 percent of those who considered themselves Democrats. About 26 percent of the 1,800 adults surveyed said they were Republicans, 28 percent said they were Democrats and the rest either said they were independent, some other party, or did not say".

"Republicans and Democrats both took advantage of the young adult provisions,” says Commonwealth vice president Sara Collins, who led the study.“In fact, more Republicans than Democrats did.”

Since: Aug 13

Teolo, Italy

#968210 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>they knew it all along. Ellison, the ugly moslem, in Minnesota is another one.
Allah Akbar!
Muslim? Very strange religion...The prophet was a child molester.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#968211 Aug 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't the same as hundreds of birds falling out of the sky at once in the Midwest and hundreds of dead fish washing ashore along the East Coast, both in 2011.
Honey bees are simply disappearing. I watched a document on it the other day. It's what got me thinking again about the dead birds and fish a few years ago.
Something's going on. Nature knows. Hope we figure it out soon.
It's a widely accepted belief that pesticides and humans interfering with the natural order of things in honey bee hives to produce more honey has caused the disappearance of honey bees worldwide.
Very sad when humans alter or interfere with nature out of sheer greed.
Oh you mean like pumping ton of pollutants into the air including mercury from coal fired plants and blowing the tops off of mountains and polluting streams and rivers just to get at coal more cheaply? Take that up with the people you're shilling for like the Koch brothers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#968212 Aug 21, 2013
Republicans Move to the Center? Nope, They’re Crazier Than Ever

Conservative Myra Adams wrote on the Beast over the weekend that she didn’t see how a Republican could get to 270 electoral votes in 2016. She’s correct about that, but she may be wrong in assuming that most of these people even care anymore if they win. I think many would prefer to win, sure, all things being equal, but only on their narrow terms. And if they don’t, there is great glory in losing because of principle, and then once again purifying the party of its sellouts and squishes like Petelos. How much worse can they get? A lot.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...

yes, it seems they like to lose.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#968213 Aug 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was born in 1951, 62 next month. Retired a few months early. Fortunately, was able to do so.
The voucher system - or a version of it - was tried in D.C. Of course, Democrats are now trying to phase it out including Obama.
Even though parents of scholarship recipients (this version of vouchers) offer high praise for the program, crediting it with changing the direction of their children's lives. Patricia William, whose son Fransoir, 11, is a sixth-grader at Sacred Heart, a Catholic school in Northwest, said his growth has been striking.
"He's been developed in many ways, intellectually, emotionally and in his values," she said. "I couldn't ask for anything better."
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2008-06-09...
Taxpayers pay for poor teachers and poor schools. Why not let parents have a choice and taxpayers pay for the school of choice if it means a better education?
Why am I, a resident of TN, paying for some kid to attend Catholic School in DC? Since you can't seem to answer the question the majority of school funding comes from property taxes from within the district. Vouchers are expanding that taxation at the federal level. I thought all you goobs wanted LESS federal government not MORE. What makes it problematic for most inner-city poor is that most private schools aren't in their communities, how do their kids get to and from school?

United States

#968214 Aug 21, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>My governor just sent $52 Million down to Detroit to remove trash houses - yep, that's MY money once again being poured into another corrupt Liberal hell-hole.

Meanwhile, the State is going to send Election Observers into Detroit to watch the corrupt blacks during this upcoming election season and wouldn't you know it - they are already crying racism. They now want *FEDERAL* Election observers to come into the hell-hole. Why? Because they don't want a white governor watching them. They want a black brother to help them out.

They have even said as much on local TV News.

Meanwhile....who pays for all of this black BS? Outstate taxpayers and the nation as a whole. Nothing new here!
California is next!!!

See? We Conservative predicted all that! We specifically predicted Detroit bankruptcy while Liberals are stunt it happened!!!

We are now predicting California as a whole state to fail, a city at a time as in a domino effect.

We Conservative predict that illegal heavens will fall first, San Francisco, Stockton, etc.

California will have more cities into large bankruptcy than any other city in the world!!!

United States

#968215 Aug 21, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>WHEN THE KKK DEMOCRATS SAW THEY COULD NOT STOP MORAL AMERICANS THEY EMPOWERED THE URBAN DEMOCRATS TO BECOME BIGOTS AS LONG AS THEY KEPT THE 3/5 VOTES ALL IN ONE BLOCK they have done a good job of teaching the JIM CROW RULES TO THE MODERN URBAN DEMOCRATS WHILE TEACHING THEM HOW TO FAIL IN SCHOOL AND CALL THEMSELVES N*****S ALL WITH RUSSELL SIMMONS AND GET IT DEATH JAM AFRICAN AMERICANS HAVE INTERNALIZE THE WORD N*****R BECAUSE THEY WERE TAUGHT THAT EMPOWERS THEM IMAGINE IF JEWISH PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT WAY we wouldnt have DOCTORS,LAWYERS,INVENTORS ALL WE WOULD HAVE 24" rims and GAUGY JEWELRLY, SPANISH PEOPLE DONT MAKE MUSIC CALLING THEMSELVES S***K, WHAT IS EMPOERING ABOUT DEMEANING YOUR SELF INFRONT OF THE WORLD AND THOSE PEOPLE WHO CALL THEM SELVES AFRICAN AMERICAN ARE PROUD AND THEY HATE BLACK HISTORY JUST ASK RUSSELL SIMMONS DISRESPECT OF BLACK WOMEN WHERE IS THE RESPONSE THEY GAVE RUSH LIMBAUGH they are bigots they do nothing for BLACK PEOPLE, AFRICAN AMERICANS WERE FED HATE BY THE LIKES OF SHARPTON and MORE WHILE THEY LIVED AND PARTIED WITH THE WHITES THAT BENEFIT FROM BIGOTRY THE LIBERALS WHO YOU GONNA CALL FOR YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS CASE A WHITE LIBERAL LAWYER WHAT A GAME lolololololhahahahahahahahaSUC KERS YEA WHO DA RACISTS hahahahlololololol
Democrats invented free government provided abortions to kill black kids.

Liberals are racists.

White Christian Conservatives are too nice people being step over by immoral Liberals with power.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#968216 Aug 21, 2013
another IRS scandal.

IRS faces lawsuit for failing to enforce church electioneering ban

The Internal Revenue Service was unable to suppress a lawsuit over its failure to audit thousand of churches that allegedly violated federal tax law by engaging in partisan advocacy.

U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman of the Western District of Wisconsin on Monday denied a motion to dismiss a lawsuit brought by the Freedom From Religion Foundation against the IRS.

“If it is true that the IRS has a policy of not enforcing the prohibition on campaigning against religious organizations, then the IRS is conferring a benefit on religious organizations (the ability to participate in political campaigns) that it denies to all other 501(c)(3) organizations, including the Foundation,” Adelman wrote.

The Internal Revenue Code prohibits tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches, from intervening or participating in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate.

But many churches have openly defied the ban without consequences. In an annual event called “Pulpit Freedom Sunday,” pastors from more than 1,000 churches have challenged the regulation by preaching about political topics. Some pastors even record their overtly partisan sermons and send them to the IRS.

The FFRF, which is also a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, said allowing churches to engage in politicking but not other nonprofits was unfair. The group alleged the IRS had a “policy of non-enforcement of the electioneering restrictions” when it came to churches and religious organizations.

“As a result, in recent years, churches and religious organizations have been blatantly and deliberately flaunting the electioneering restrictions of §501(c)(3), including during the presidential election year of 2012,” FFRF wrote in its lawsuit.

In a separate lawsuit, the organization has challenged the annual information filings exemption provided to churches and other religious organizations. Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations must file a detailed information with the IRS to obtain and maintain their tax-exempt status, unless they are a church.

“The time for a free ride for churches is over,” FFRF Co-President Annie Laurie Gaylor said.“The rest of us pay so much more in taxes because clergy pay so much less. If these churches — which are accountable to no one in government yet get so many favors — are allowed to engage in tax-exempt politicking, it would be the ruination of our democracy.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/20/irs-fac...

Location hidden

#968217 Aug 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave you the right to judge Galt or to presume that race is a factor?
Galt believes that the death penalty should be limited to those whose guilt is not in question.
Those who kill purely for pleasure or to cover up a penny-ante robbery should be prime candidates for execution, regardless of age.
These three qualify.
I don't disagree that they qualify, what irks me is that you and Waxman, and Floriduh et. al. are ONLY interested in violent crimes in which blacks are the perpetrators.

Sure I can judge, that's why there's judgits.
Its okay

United States

#968218 Aug 21, 2013
The worm turns!!! Republicans deserting the party likes rats abandoning a sinking ship!!

Location hidden

#968219 Aug 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The owner of Maglite, Anthony Maglica, is a Croatian immigrant who used his skills as a machinist to develop and market a high-quality product, working out of his garage. Maglica spares no expense to defend his patents, the validity of which are routinely determined in the courts.
As for moving, Maglica lives in California, near the plant in Ontario, and is totally loyal to his non-union employees. We need more companies like Mag Instrument.
The larger point is that it is possible to compete with cheap foreign crap if you have a unique product and are prepared to defend it within existing laws and without need for special tariffs.
Yes it is possible and that's what successful Americans are doing. What's not possible, as I keep pointing out to everyone who moans about it, is for us to ever again compete with the likes of Indonesia in widget manufacturing.

Those jobs are gone, need to learn another skill beyond pushing a button on a press in the widget factory.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#968220 Aug 21, 2013
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that or perhaps, we like seeing you suffer. Huh?
well
What, me suffer? You miserable fckers aren't happy unless you're making everyone around you suffer. That's why I avoid you as much as possible - another benefit of retirement.

Spokane, WA

#968222 Aug 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Dumbwaiter's salary is subsidized by way of oilfields subsidies. i.e. he is mooching just like you.
If they don't exist, why are all your buddies in Congress defending them.. Its a simple f*cking question Eed. I am showing they exist, what they are is not relevant.
"real dumb"
What subsidies do you speak of? You have been asked by several to list them. As usual you run like the coward you are.
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

#968223 Aug 21, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities nationwide almost 72% of SNAP recipients are families with children, 45% are in families with elderly or disabled members and 41% are working families. Got that Carol? 41% are workers in low paying jobs like at Wal-Mart. The cheap prices you pay are largely subsidized by the government through snap and Medicaid. Despite your assertion fraud only occurs in 1% of cases.
The fact is, Obamacare job studies have shown it increases job growth, creating millions of new jobs. While the exact numbers vary, the only report of job loss is from a CBO report referring to workers leaving their jobs due to no longer having to rely on their employer for benefits.
More than 96 percent of the nation's firms with 50 employees or more already offer health insurance to their workers despite the rising cost of health care (health care costs rise every year, Obamacare curbs the rate of growth).
Corporate sponsored entities have been reporting that Obamacare "kills jobs", yet no study has shown this. While some multi-millionaire franchise owners have made a lot of noise, most companies say Obamacare won't affect their hiring process or their employees' hours.
One business who has been very outspoken about their dislike of Obamacare is Papa John's. A study shows Papa John's will have to increase the cost of their pizzas by 4 cents a pie to insure workers. All of this while paying Payton Manning to be the poster boy for a campaign to give away 2 million free pizzas.
Not that I'd order one of their crappy pizzas anyway but 4 cents isn't too high a price to see that a fellow citizen gets adequate health coverage.
There are people with no conscience like you that want to let people go hungry just because you have a pathological opposition to government. Likewise you're comfortable with survivors of childhood cancer never being able to get insurance and someone on chemotherapy getting their treatments cut off due to an arbitrary lifetime cap.
Carol has nothing even resembling a "pathological opposition to government", she LOVES the government as long as she's getting SS, Medicare, Student loans for her daughter, etc. Its when the government does something for anyone else that gets her goat. She didn't mind being in the teacher's union but don't get her started on how evil public worker's unions are.

Location hidden

#968224 Aug 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I understand SNAP is a good program and a necessity in a compassionate society such as ours, Homer.
What YOU don't seem to understand is we have a broken system. There are people who take advantage of those who don't know the difference between compassion and gullibility.
Explain to me why you are so against accountability and oversight and why you support an oversized government who can't do either.
And why you are so against eliminating waste, fraud, abuse and duplication.
I really don't understand.
How much is lost annually in waste, fraud, and abuse of the SNAP program?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#968225 Aug 21, 2013
What do red States have?

More people on food stamps!

More uninsured!

Lower wages and no benefits!

A war on women!

A war on lawful voters!

Mindless moronic voters!

They seem good at creating "mass killers, bored thrill killers, school shooters, and mass murdered!

All Red baby; Oklahoma, Georgia, Colorado, Arizona, Virginia the mass killing capitals.

Who needs Republicans?

No one!

OBAMACARE!

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

Spokane, WA

#968226 Aug 21, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I, a resident of TN, paying for some kid to attend Catholic School in DC? Since you can't seem to answer the question the majority of school funding comes from property taxes from within the district. Vouchers are expanding that taxation at the federal level. I thought all you goobs wanted LESS federal government not MORE. What makes it problematic for most inner-city poor is that most private schools aren't in their communities, how do their kids get to and from school?
"dumos"
Cut the crap. Quit lying. Spokane, WA. metro population about 350,000, has 3 Catholic schools in areas where the inner city poor can send their kids. They may have to walk a few blocks but they are not in assessable.
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

#968227 Aug 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, anything to divert attention from the subhuman Trayvons in Oklahoma.
Hey, why don't you want to talk about the white guy who took an assault rifle to an elementary school 'cause he wanted to kill some cops? You seem drawn to violent crime and criminals.

Don't be dismissing just 'cause he's white, he's still a violent criminal idn't he?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember Quantitative Easing?..................... 4 min Go Blue Forever 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min HAHAHA 50,595
last post wins! (Apr '13) 21 min Hatti_Hollerand 350
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min Eric 69,979
Amy 10-21 35 min Mister Tonka 6
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 37 min Anonymous1 94
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 40 min Anonymous1 29
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Sgt Prepper 179,267
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]