Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#967971 Aug 21, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Global temperatures have been going down Carol? Where did you get that crap?
U.K. Met Office Hadley Centre

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/media/pdf/q/s/Pap...

Although the rate of surface warming appears to have slowed considerably over the most recent decade, such slowing for a decade or so has been seen in the past in observations and is simulated in climate models, where they are temporary events.

Global mean surface temperatures rose rapidly from the 1970s but have been relatively flat over the most recent 15 years to 2013. This has prompted speculation that human induced global warming is no longer happening, or at least will be much smaller than predicted. Others maintain that this is a temporary pause and that temperatures will again rise at rates seen previously.

(I have another one if you're interested.)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#967972 Aug 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
I guess he big question on everyone's minds is will we ever have another Republican president?
"Homo not so much with da history books".

12 out of the last 20 Presidents have been Republican, but who cares? POTUS no longer carries that much clout (which is why odumbo wasnt thrown out over his birth status)....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presiden...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#967973 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>in 2011 it 1.028 trillion we spent on welfare, it hasn't gone down.
Our deficit is about 1.3 trillion. Cutting welfare will reduce the deficit to about 300 billion, just about double the deficit the Republicans handed to the Democrats when the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of government in January, 2007.
Plus, it will make those mooching on everyone else actually join the economy. It's a win-win deal. More workers producing equals a bigger economy, and no welfare for the government to pay equals a chance for our government to not collapse.

Cutting welfare is a win-win deal. How can anyone refuse it? It will life anyone willing to work out of what is ludicrously called "poverty" here.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#967974 Aug 21, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that Chicago is such a Liberal bastion, a citadel of progressive rot, eh?
Chicago has always had the leech mentality in Givement, and the South & West sides, where the minorities reside in masse, don't know where the Republicans are on the ballot??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967975 Aug 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He had an AK47
and she had a brain.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#967976 Aug 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Reagan made sure that ANYONE would get treatment when they walked into a hospital. and who pays for that treatment?
thanks a bunch Ron. no wonder my taxes are so damn high!!! never mind the 11 times you raised taxes!! most of my working life i've had to pay so redneck white trash can walk into hospitals and demand a liver transplant!!
and hey DB...do you have any idea of how full of shit you are? and that you can walk into any hospital you want and get free treatment and free drugs to fix that problem thanks to Republicans?
if i were you, which thank whatever deity you Neanderthals worship i am not, i'd go for the free Prozac.
Right on right on Sonic--I am tired of the poor tax payers paying 800 million a year to patch up all those blacks that shoot each other in Chicago-Cook County Hospital should be closed down now with O'bamacare.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#967977 Aug 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Bookkeeper At Georgia Elementary School Talked Down Shooter
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
here's the kicker...the shooter was white.
the bookkeeper was black.
won't hear about that deal on FOX.
'Black person keeps crazy white person from shooting up a school!'
nope. never going to make onto FOX.
Oh really (pretty good coverage below)? Ethnicities are almost ALWAYS left out of stories (and that practice should end).

Bravo to her for talking him down, but it would have been preferable had she shot & killed him....

School clerk Antoinette Tuff in an interview on ABC's "World News with Diane Sawyer" said she worked to convince the gunman to put down his weapons and ammunition.

"He told me he was sorry for what he was doing. He was willing to die," Tuff told ABC.

She told him her life story, about how her marriage fell apart after 33 years and the "roller coaster" of opening her own business.

"I told him,`OK, we all have situations in our lives," she said. "It was going to be OK. If I could recover, he could, too."

Then Tuff said she asked the suspect to put his weapons down, empty his pockets and backpack on the floor.

"I told the police he was giving himself up. I just talked him through it," she said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/21/suspect-...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#967978 Aug 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Reagan made sure that ANYONE would get treatment when they walked into a hospital. and who pays for that treatment?
thanks a bunch Ron. no wonder my taxes are so damn high!!! never mind the 11 times you raised taxes!! most of my working life i've had to pay so redneck white trash can walk into hospitals and demand a liver transplant!!
and hey DB...do you have any idea of how full of shit you are? and that you can walk into any hospital you want and get free treatment and free drugs to fix that problem thanks to Republicans?
if i were you, which thank whatever deity you Neanderthals worship i am not, i'd go for the free Prozac.
What year is it? 2013?
How about we talk about the issue.
You didn't respond to the subject of the post. All you did was regurgitate some programmed indoctrinated bullshit without addressing the content of the post.
Here it is again for your convenient reference:

Want health care?
You've already got it. No hospital can refuse treatment to anyone who needs it.
Or, what you really want is the same health insurance as everyone else paying for it, right?
I'll tell you how to get health insurance like everyone in Congress has: get elected to Congress.
How to get health insurance everyone who works their whole life has: get a fucking job and show up for work every day on time and do what you're paid to do while you're at work.
Problem solved. That wasn't too difficult.
What other problem can we solve for you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967979 Aug 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, sending people to hospitals for anything that ails them is asinine and very expensive.
You can trace most of the country's current woes back to Reagan.
Nobody "sends people to hospitals for anything that ails them."

Besides, what would lead anyone to believe that this lazy behavior will change because of ObamaKKKare.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#967980 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Guess this is going to be Farrakhan day; anything rather than talk about the republicans planning to shut down the government and default on our debts.
Crime-Fighting Makes For Strange Friends: Rahm Emanuel, Louis Farrakhan Working Together In Chicago
Chicago's first Jewish mayor, Rahm Emanuel, has formed a team (of sorts) with the help of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, a man many view as an aggressive anti-Semite, to help cut the 40 percent surge in homicides in the city's neighborhoods.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Farrakhan has deployed men in the streets of Chicago to stop the violence - a move welcomed by Emanuel.
"People of faith have a role to play and community leaders have a role to play in helping to protect our neighborhoods and our citizens," Emanuel told the paper. "You cannot get there on just one piece of an anti-crime strategy."
Men known as the Fruit of Islam, loyal to Farrkahan's organization, can be seen in neighborhoods forming a human wall of protection against sudden outbreak of gunfire, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
"Community leaders have a role to play. Pastors have a role to play. Principals have a role to play. And most importantly, parents have roles to play. They have decided, the Nation of Islam, to help protect the community. And that's an important ingredient, like all the other aspects of protecting a neighborhood."
http://www.ibtimes.com/crime-fighting-makes-s...
Hahahahha!! I'm sure we will all be staggered by the amazing impact that powerful retarded duo will have on gang-bangers in chittown!!

I'm reminded of that "historic Camp David accord" engineered by a peanut farmer from Georgia in the 70's......:-)

LMAO@U......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967981 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Guess this is going to be Farrakhan day; anything rather than talk about the republicans planning to shut down the government and default on our debts.
Crime-Fighting Makes For Strange Friends: Rahm Emanuel, Louis Farrakhan Working Together In Chicago
Chicago's first Jewish mayor, Rahm Emanuel, has formed a team (of sorts) with the help of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, a man many view as an aggressive anti-Semite, to help cut the 40 percent surge in homicides in the city's neighborhoods.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Farrakhan has deployed men in the streets of Chicago to stop the violence - a move welcomed by Emanuel.
"People of faith have a role to play and community leaders have a role to play in helping to protect our neighborhoods and our citizens," Emanuel told the paper. "You cannot get there on just one piece of an anti-crime strategy."
Men known as the Fruit of Islam, loyal to Farrkahan's organization, can be seen in neighborhoods forming a human wall of protection against sudden outbreak of gunfire, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
"Community leaders have a role to play. Pastors have a role to play. Principals have a role to play. And most importantly, parents have roles to play. They have decided, the Nation of Islam, to help protect the community. And that's an important ingredient, like all the other aspects of protecting a neighborhood."
http://www.ibtimes.com/crime-fighting-makes-s...
Failure to raise the debt ceiling does not mean defaulting on any debt unless Obama chooses to do so instead of reducing spending.

If Rahm Emanual turns over law enforcement in Chicago to the Black Muslims, he will surely get what he deserves.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967982 Aug 21, 2013
Fox News Confirms the Firing of a Top Executive Who Was Once Close to Ailes

Fox News confirmed reports on Tuesday that Roger Ailes, the powerful chief executive of the Fox News Channel, had fired one of his longest-serving and closest lieutenants, Brian Lewis, on July 25 for what it called “issues relating to financial irregularities, as well as for multiple, material and significant breaches of his employment contract.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/21/business/me...

a FOX scandal that you will never hear about on FOX.

but that's ok. the real media will take up the slack. just google it and you'll see.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#967983 Aug 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked.
He is a natural born U.S. citizen born in Hawaii....
Prove it.

So far, all we've seen is an obviously fraudulent birth certificate on the White House website that Obama's lawyers will say and do anything to avoid having to submit in court.

What proof do you have?

Obama is the bastard son of Frank Marshal Davis and born in Kenya.

Capitalism is better than communism.
Canada is better than Kenya.
Cruz is better than Chipetto.
OMG.
TFO.

Andrew Napolitano should be our next president. We need to have someone in there that: 1) believes in the Constitution; and 2) has actually read the document.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#967984 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Doubt it. Ted Cruz will be sorry he gave up his Canadian citizenship and single payer healthcare.
Who do they have? Chris Christie? Has he lost any weight since that surgery? Rand Paul, whose father is attending an anti-Semite conference? Michelle Bachman?
The only viable candidate they had was Jon Huntsman and they trashed him right away. Why? Because he was the only one with a brain.
I think Hillary's got it, but anything can happen in 3 years. Wendy Davis? Elizabeth Warren?
Julian Castro for two terms and then his brother Joachin for two more.

By that time half the nation will habla Espanol___Jose can you see.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#967985 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
He had an AK47

"AK47, the very bes there is. When you absolutely, positively gots ta k*ll evry mth*fck* in da room, accept no substitutes"!!!

Samuel L Jackson
Head chimp/Jackie Brown

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#967986 Aug 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
U.K. Met Office Hadley Centre
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/media/pdf/q/s/Pap...
Although the rate of surface warming appears to have slowed considerably over the most recent decade, such slowing for a decade or so has been seen in the past in observations and is simulated in climate models, where they are temporary events.
Global mean surface temperatures rose rapidly from the 1970s but have been relatively flat over the most recent 15 years to 2013. This has prompted speculation that human induced global warming is no longer happening, or at least will be much smaller than predicted. Others maintain that this is a temporary pause and that temperatures will again rise at rates seen previously.
(I have another one if you're interested.)
Carol's driving along the interstate. She accelerates to 90 mph.Wow, she thinks, I am going fast. After 20 minutes of driving at this speed, Carol no longer thinks it is driving fast.She thinks this speed is just normal.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#967987 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
That's what Mitt said; just go to the hospital, call 911.
You're on your own now Homer, have to leave! Keep up the good fight.
Hasta la coochie!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#967988 Aug 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be anything you want except treasonous.
Supporting the elimination of the Constitution is treasonous.
We don't like treasonous veterans. We don't like treasonous people, period.
It's that simple.
Well son. If you want to be treasonous, that's your thing.

forgive me if I don't wish you success.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#967989 Aug 21, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming you Democrats use sockpuppets all day long. You erroneously whine when you "think" others are doing it, but you lowlife hypocrites do it all day long yourself. Now go mow your lawn paranoid, sleazy idiot.
By the way, I'm not shrimp on a treadmill, but he sure is funnier than you are!
Baawwaaahh!!!!!
But... he's still American son!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#967990 Aug 21, 2013
Here's another one, PDupont.

http://www.thegwpf.org/leaked-ipcc-report-str...

The absence of any significant change in the global annual average temperature over the past 16 years has become one of the most discussed topics in climate science," wrote David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation in June. "It has certainly focused the debate about the relative importance of greenhouse gas forcing of the climate versus natural variability."

A draft of the upcoming AR5 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which is set for final release in Oct. 2014 and used by governments around the world, offers a variety of explanations for the mystery.

Then there's this.

http://www.thegwpf.org/arctic-ice-growth-1971...

A 1971 National Geographic map shows that there is a lot more Arctic sea ice now than there was 42 years ago.

----

I suppose climate has been unpredictable since the beginning of time and no matter which data you choose to believe - and even when temperatures were clearly on the rise the first part of this decade - we were only talking about an increase of 0.2 to 0.8 degrees Celsius.

It just looks more serious on the graphs but you have to look at the actual increase in temperature.

Anyway, take it or leave it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Analog man 5,401
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 50,498
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 183,950
Cops: Man found dead in South Chicago neighborhood 6 hr reality is a crutch 1
Sex for money guys/girls chicago 6 hr horny kid 1
Amy 1-31-15 6 hr rancid 3
Dear Abby 1-31-15 8 hr Mister Tonka 2

Winter Storm Warning for Cook County was issued at February 01 at 4:08AM CST

Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance