Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#967400 Aug 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Now if I could just get rightwingers to post the truth.
Lead by example

Homer/Hillary 2016

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#967401 Aug 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
say anything?
probably about the same time FOX starts talking about the epidemic of white on white crime.
Dude, get help for your fox derangement syndrome. Chris lane shot in the back while jogging. When will lily post the story?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967402 Aug 20, 2013
Three African-American Thrill Killers Escape Death Penalty

Three teenage suspects accused of gunning down an Australian student in Oklahoma for the "fun of it," according to police, are expected to face first-degree murder charges in court today.

Christopher Lane, 22, who was visiting the U.S. on a baseball scholarship at East Central University, was jogging along a road in Duncan, Okla., after visiting his girlfriend on Friday when he was shot in the back, allegedly by the teens.

A woman tried CPR and paramedics arrived on scene, but Lane was pronounced dead an hour later.

"He went by a residence where these three boys were, they picked him as a target, they went out and got in a vehicle and followed him," Duncan Police Department Chief Danny Ford told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, according to AFP.

"[They] came up from behind and basically shot him in the back with a small caliber weapon, then sped away," Ford added.

Richard Rhodes, a builder who discovered Lane lying face down, said he was targeted with a .22 caliber revolver.

Police tracked the teens down using surveillance video from a business that is near the shooting scene, KOCO reports.

If the three teenagers arrested are charged with first-degree murder and convicted, they face a maximum sentence of life in prison. The teens, ages 15, 16 and 17, can be tried as adults, but they can't face the death penalty since they are under the age of 18, a spokesperson for District Attorney Jason Hicks told the Sydney Morning Herald.

The teens have not been identified by police and remain in custody at Stephens County Jail in Duncan. They are expected to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.

Police revealed Sunday that one of the teens confessed to the crime and said he did it for the “fun of it,” KOCO reports.

"The boy who has talked to us said,'We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody,'" Ford told the Associated Press.

On one of the alleged killer's Facebook pages, investigators found the message: "Bang. Two drops in two hours," Sky News reports.

"I think they were on a killing spree. We would have had more bodies that night if we didn't get them,” Ford said in an interview with the Australian Associated Press.

Ford wouldn't say how many times Christopher Lane was shot. Autopsy results are pending.

The mother of the 16-year-old accused in the killing said her son and his two friends were part of a “wannabe gang,” but insisted that he is not a killer, KOCO reports.

The father of the 15-year-old also denied his son had a role in Lane’s death, but said the boy had run-ins with the law before, News.com .au reports.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#967403 Aug 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And if someone told you the cause was global warming, what would you say?
Since you're obviously the slow student in the class, I'll post this again.

Now pay attention this time.

The average global temperature has gone down, not up, in recent years. The average global temperatures dropped since at least 2002. The temperature has decreased by 0.74°F (0.39°C) since January 24, 2006.

January 2008 capped a 12 month period of global temperature drops on all of the major well respected indicators. HadCRUT, RSS, UAH, and GISS global temperature sets all show sharp drops in the last year.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata_v...

Orlando, FL

#967404 Aug 20, 2013
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a font of knowledge this girl.
Did you not learn research skills in school either? Maybe that's the problem.

As far as your constant drip, drip, drip about something that doesn't even matter anymore or makes any difference whatsoever in the whole scheme of things, it only proves you dwell on the insignificant and it's all you've got.

But thanks for the compliment.

Knowledge is power. Dwell on that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967406 Aug 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
Will obama and the rest of the race baiters say anything about the Chris Lane murder? Will this be prosecuted as a hate crime?
Never. The three little Trayvons will be out of juvenile custody by age 21.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967407 Aug 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Donald Trump, Other Birthers Totally Peachy With Canadian Anchor Baby Ted Cruz To President US
The fact that you don't know the definition of "anchor baby" makes you as stupid as Dumbass Dave, a charter member of the Stupid Hall of Fame.

Location hidden

#967408 Aug 20, 2013
Republicans constantly whine about how terrible things have been for the past five years and cite abstract data to support it. I can't think of one friend or relative that isn't doing better now than five years ago, that's a reality.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967409 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
A new report by the Pew Center on the States finds that more than 1.8 million dead people are currently registered to vote, and 24 million registrations are either invalid or inaccurate.
Supposedly, there's little evidence that this has led to widespread voter fraud but it has raised concerns that the system is vulnerable.
Ben Skupien, a registered voter who now lives in Northern Virginia, is pretty typical. He has moved repeatedly over the years and says he's probably registered to vote in about a half-dozen states.
http://www.npr.org/2012/02/14/146827471/study...
"Democrats and Republicans both agree that voter registration lists across the country are a mess."
Considering how well the government manages to oversee welfare fraud and is on top of overseeing veterans' benefits, I can't see a problem here with voter fraud.
Anyone see a problem?
Voter rolls are rarely purged of those who die or move away.

Without voter ID, anyone can vote under their names and the fraud is never detected.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#967410 Aug 20, 2013
Tonto wrote:
What's a "bordering house" anyways? She must mean one about to be bulldozed by Jewish settlers in a Palestinian neighborhood.
She's really concerned with the Mexican "boarder," however.(I think it might have something to do with arranging a loveless marriage for a green card, myself.)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#967411 Aug 20, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> So, what does Tea Party Republicans have against feeding hungry children? There is no 'power ' for the Federal Government to 'give back to the states'ever since the United States Constitution was ratified by all the states. The states gave up their independent powers of defense, economy, and managing international relations with other rival states in creating one ,single , centralized Federal Republic.
Baghdad Bob at it again!!! Do you ever get anything right?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#967412 Aug 20, 2013
Emoron wrote:
Republicans constantly whine about how terrible things have been for the past five years and cite abstract data to support it. I can't think of one friend or relative that isn't doing better now than five years ago, that's a reality.
Emoron cites anecdotal data.
Its okay

United States

#967413 Aug 20, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> I think I'm a homo
So does everyone else here who reads your posts. Difference being, they know it for certain.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967414 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
A new report by the Pew Center on the States finds that more than 1.8 million dead people are currently registered to vote, and 24 million registrations are either invalid or inaccurate.
Supposedly, there's little evidence that this has led to widespread voter fraud but it has raised concerns that the system is vulnerable.
Ben Skupien, a registered voter who now lives in Northern Virginia, is pretty typical. He has moved repeatedly over the years and says he's probably registered to vote in about a half-dozen states.
"Democrats and Republicans both agree that voter registration lists across the country are a mess."
Considering how well the government manages to oversee welfare fraud and is on top of overseeing veterans' benefits, I can't see a problem here with voter fraud.
Anyone see a problem?
no.

Colorado GOP Probe of Alleged Voter Fraud Comes up Empty

Despite the GOP’s continued efforts to scare the public into believing in-person voter fraud is common, in order to justify their voter suppression tactics, the Colorado investigation reveals once again that in-person voter fraud remains exceedingly rare. Secretary of State Gessler’s Office identified seventeen cases they thought worth investigating and all seventeen came up without a single instance of fraud detected. So far the state of Colorado has identified one case of voter fraud in the last five elections, a single solitary case from 2004 that was discovered too late to prosecute because the statute of limitations had expired.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/17/colora...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967415 Aug 20, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> What's wrong has to do with living off the oil derived from the millions of years of decomposed Dinosaur bodies for too long.
Oil and gas result from decayed plant life, not "dinosaur bodies", you senile old Bocajew. And fools like you claim to be expected on so-called global warming.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#967416 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Anyone see a problem?
Not Florida's lists which are once again being purged of illegals and intrastate felons at the request of our esteemed guvnah Rick "crazy eyes" Scott.

Dead people not so much, how many Florida voters do you suppose die each year doll?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#967417 Aug 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer/Hillary 2016!
Clearly I am a force to be reckoned with, just ask Ted Cruz. My campaign against his Canadian citizenship took 1 whole day. Homer knows how to get things done.

Location hidden

#967419 Aug 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Now if I could just get rightwingers to post the truth.
They don't have the skills to discern the truth. They boast about their contempt for education; you're a "snob" if you've attended college. Every chance they get they mock our educational system because it failed them, or more correctly, they failed in it. The only attribute rightwingers consider worthy is the ability to whine.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#967420 Aug 20, 2013
Emoron wrote:
Everybody whose taxes were increased by Obama is worse off, but losers like you wouldn't know about that.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#967421 Aug 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Baghdad Bob at it again!!! Do you ever get anything right?
What'd you do now? You make some more wrong predictions? Economic collapse,$7 gas, electricity bills going up tenfold, Romney will win, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 10-22 13 min Sublime1 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min jacques Ottawa 179,292
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 35 min Walt Kowalski 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 51 min Eric 70,030
Abby 10-20 1 hr Ralph 20
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Ralph 98,500
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,489
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]