Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1520820 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#968112 Aug 21, 2013
The economy has seen an "unprecedented" number of long-term unemployed under the Obama administration, according to a liberal think tank, and economists say plans pursued by Democrats in Washington are unlikely to curb the problem.

Nearly 5 million workers are classified as long-term unemployed, while 900,000 more have stopped looking for work altogether, according to a new series of reports issued by the Urban Institute.

Three percent of the labor force has been out of work for more than six months, an improvement of only one percentage point since unemployment spiked in October 2009, according to the study.

"That long-term unemployment would rise during a recession is not at all surprising, but the extent of the increase and its persistently high level since the start of the recovery are both troubling and unprecedented," the report states. "The U.S. economy is now well into its fourth year of recovery, the unemployment rate is below 8 percent, yet the long-term share of unemployment is still near 40 percent."

The center-left think tank said that those startling figures are unlikely to change unless the United States can achieve dramatic job growth, rather than the middling 2 percent overall economic growth figures the Obama administration has averaged.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/21/nu...

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#968113 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>as in your boy, Colin Powell?
When in doubt, throw out racial slur like any good right whiner.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#968114 Aug 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Terrible isn't it? bushie sent Powell to the UN knowing full well he was lying.
bushie boy was too afraid to do it for himself.
Well, at least we know history outted him!
What makes you think Valerie Plame was lying to Bush?
Didn't the Foreign Intelligence Committee see that intelligence? And they still voted to invade Iraq?
That was some hell of a conspiracy, wouldn't you say?
You're not one of those conspiracy nuts, are you?

Since: Jan 13

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#968115 Aug 21, 2013
Joe Biden being a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#968116 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>99% need services? ROTFLMAO. We are in trouble as a country if that is a case- Are you sure about that 99%?
Liberal Jesse Jackson is HAPPY for white kid killed by "bored" black kids!!!

Liberals are SICK!!!

Do not believe me?

http://twitchy.com/2013/08/21/jesse-jackson-t...

United States

#968117 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to the delayed employer mandate in ObamaCare, we are now sixteen months away from enforcement of those statutes, even though they go into effect in four months. Are employers taking a break from ObamaCare prep? Not hardly. Today we have three new stories about how the perverse incentives of the ACA will impact workers, starting with UPS, which has just announced that it will stop offering health-care coverage to spouses — and explicitly cites ObamaCare as the reason.

United Parcel Service Inc. plans to remove thousands of spouses from its medical plan because they are eligible for coverage elsewhere. The Atlanta-based logistics company points to the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, as a big reason for the decision, reports Kaiser Health News.

The decision comes as many analysts are downplaying the Affordable Care Act’s effect on companies such as UPS, noting that the move reflects a long-term trend of shrinking corporate medical benefits, Kaiser Health News reports. But UPS repeatedly cites Obamacare to explain the decision, adding fuel to the debate over whether it erodes traditional employer coverage, Kaiser says.

Rising medical costs,“combined with the costs associated with the Affordable Care Act, have made it increasingly difficult to continue providing the same level of health care benefits to our employees at an affordable cost,” UPS said in a memo to employees.

HEY MORON!!! WORKING PEOPLE HAD MORE WITHOUT O'BAMACARE.

Once O'bamacare set the conditions for perverse incentives in the marketplace, it doesn’t take long for businesses and consumers to adjust to them.
So?

Liberals are liberals first then screw the country!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#968118 Aug 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> When in doubt, throw out racial slur like any good right whiner.
Did you say something boy? I can't hear you from all the way in the back of the bus.

Aspers, PA

#968119 Aug 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they weren't married when they chose to have two children.
Maybe they made a bad choice and let some worthless PoS make them pregnant... then they let a second PoS make them pregnant.
It's all the result of poor choices. People have to start making better choices. Subsidizing poor choices only produces more poor choices.
Stop all welfare.
I get it. Now all mothers on welfare are sluts.

Wow,m you just keep digging deeper.

Maybe they had good paying jobs & f*cking idiots like you voted for Bush & put Republicans in charge of Congress where they handing money to the rich, spent unfunded billions, set earmark records, unfunded tax cuts, two quagmire wars leading to the worst GD recession in 80- years costing mullions their jobs

Not all of us can have subsidized careers in the oilfield.

United States

#968120 Aug 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Terrible isn't it? bushie sent Powell to the UN knowing full well he was lying.

bushie boy was too afraid to do it for himself.

Well, at least we know history outted him!
And Obama told Susan Rice to lie about the Benghazi movie!!

The only difference is that you are a Liberal therefore you are wrong and we are Conservatives and therefore we are always right! Like when we said Zimmerman was innocent!
WOW

New York, NY

#968121 Aug 21, 2013
IS THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE SINCE OBAMA HAS been PRESIDENT OF THE USA no the world is at war more now than before he does NOTHING HE INPUT SUCKS HIS BS SPEECHES ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ANNOYING BUZZING SOUND we are TIRED OF HIOS PREETY WIFE/BEARD WHY dIDNT HE JUST COME OUT WITH REGGIE LOVE AS HIS DOMESTIC PARTNER INSTEAD OF THIS DOWNLOW ROLE HE PLAYS they KNOW YOUR SECRETS OBAMA THATS WHY THEY DONT TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT PUTIN LAUGHS AT YOU OBAMA YOU COULD LEARN FROM BUSH BLACKS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CONTROL MORE OF YOU NEED TO BECOME MORMONS NOT THE TYPE THAT ROBS PEOPLE BUT THE TYPE THAT IS REQUITED BY THE CIA, DIA, NSA,DOD,wow MEANING BE MORE EDUCATED FORGET RAPPING

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#968122 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>99% need services? ROTFLMAO. We are in trouble as a country if that is a case- Are you sure about that 99%?
OBAMA the GENIUS needs services - BAD!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#968125 Aug 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
I am finally leaving the high tax city of Columbus, Ohio to a Township where I get to keep my own money!!!
Hey! I take my money and the city loose my taxes, he he!!
The more people do it the sooner high tax cities become Detroit!!!!
I love when cities go into bankruptcy due to Liberal policies, he he!!!
Texas is still creating jobs!!!
My governor just sent $52 Million down to Detroit to remove trash houses - yep, that's MY money once again being poured into another corrupt Liberal hell-hole.

Meanwhile, the State is going to send Election Observers into Detroit to watch the corrupt blacks during this upcoming election season and wouldn't you know it - they are already crying racism. They now want *FEDERAL* Election observers to come into the hell-hole. Why? Because they don't want a white governor watching them. They want a black brother to help them out.

They have even said as much on local TV News.

Meanwhile....who pays for all of this black BS? Outstate taxpayers and the nation as a whole. Nothing new here!

Aspers, PA

#968126 Aug 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say something boy? I can't hear you from all the way in the back of the bus.
Let it up to a idiot from Teas to defend the use of racial slurs.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#968127 Aug 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Now all mothers on welfare are sluts.
Wow,m you just keep digging deeper.
Maybe they had good paying jobs & f*cking idiots like you voted for Bush & put Republicans in charge of Congress where they handing money to the rich, spent unfunded billions, set earmark records, unfunded tax cuts, two quagmire wars leading to the worst GD recession in 80- years costing mullions their jobs
Not all of us can have subsidized careers in the oilfield.
Like despite Citigroups mounting losses when Lew departed, he received a $944,578 TARP-fueled bonus from Obama?

Unfunded billions... as opposed to unfunded trillions with Obama?

There is no such thing as an "unfunded tax cut", dumbass.

Two "quagmire wars"?
Who were the two enemies in the supposed two wars?
How did those supposed two wars start?
They weren't "quagmires" until Obama started sabotaging them. Before Obama, Al Qaeda and the Taliban were holed up in caves. Today, they're taking over countries. The only thing that changed was the president here.

And, you never identified those mythical "subsidies" to the oil companies.
Tell us about those supposed subsidies.
WOW

New York, NY

#968128 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Oprah was on Charlie Rose talking in her negro dialect last night-when did she get that? before or after she accused the woman in Switzerland of racism because she has a big fat ass?
WHEN THE KKK DEMOCRATS SAW THEY COULD NOT STOP MORAL AMERICANS THEY EMPOWERED THE URBAN DEMOCRATS TO BECOME BIGOTS AS LONG AS THEY KEPT THE 3/5 VOTES ALL IN ONE BLOCK they have done a good job of teaching the JIM CROW RULES TO THE MODERN URBAN DEMOCRATS WHILE TEACHING THEM HOW TO FAIL IN SCHOOL AND CALL THEMSELVES N*****S ALL WITH RUSSELL SIMMONS AND GET IT DEATH JAM AFRICAN AMERICANS HAVE INTERNALIZE THE WORD N*****R BECAUSE THEY WERE TAUGHT THAT EMPOWERS THEM IMAGINE IF JEWISH PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT WAY we wouldnt have DOCTORS,LAWYERS,INVENTORS ALL WE WOULD HAVE 24" rims and GAUGY JEWELRLY, SPANISH PEOPLE DONT MAKE MUSIC CALLING THEMSELVES S***K, WHAT IS EMPOERING ABOUT DEMEANING YOUR SELF INFRONT OF THE WORLD AND THOSE PEOPLE WHO CALL THEM SELVES AFRICAN AMERICAN ARE PROUD AND THEY HATE BLACK HISTORY JUST ASK RUSSELL SIMMONS DISRESPECT OF BLACK WOMEN WHERE IS THE RESPONSE THEY GAVE RUSH LIMBAUGH they are bigots they do nothing for BLACK PEOPLE, AFRICAN AMERICANS WERE FED HATE BY THE LIKES OF SHARPTON and MORE WHILE THEY LIVED AND PARTIED WITH THE WHITES THAT BENEFIT FROM BIGOTRY THE LIBERALS WHO YOU GONNA CALL FOR YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS CASE A WHITE LIBERAL LAWYER WHAT A GAME lolololololhahahahahahahahaSUC KERS YEA WHO DA RACISTS hahahahlololololol

Aspers, PA

#968129 Aug 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think Valerie Plame was lying to Bush?
Didn't the Foreign Intelligence Committee see that intelligence? And they still voted to invade Iraq?
That was some hell of a conspiracy, wouldn't you say?
You're not one of those conspiracy nuts, are you?
Here we go again. Dumbwaiter is insisting that Bush did not receive any intel concerning Iraq unless Valerie Plame confirmed it first.

Once again the pretend subsidized engineer proves just how far fetched his posts really are.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Rocky Mount, NC

#968130 Aug 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Flip my finger at you!

Yes 99% need services:

Social security.

Medicare.

Medicaid.

Food stamps.

OBAMACARE!

Welfare.

Unemployment benefits.

Disability benefits.

Education.

SERVICES!

not all at the same time, but somewhere along the line in a persons life.

In Republican lie fantasy: everyone is a millionaire.

In reality: very few are.

99% work a job, need help along the way. <--- REALITY.

so eat schiittt!

We now have guaranteed access to medical insurance.

ACA........OBAMACARE!

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

6 WEEKS!

AMERICA BETTER!

RIP GOP. <---- NO VOTES FOR YOU.

thanks genius!

United States

#968131 Aug 21, 2013
UPS dropping spouse coverage due to Obamacare, I Love It!!!

Liberals blaming UPS instead of Obamacare, as expected.

Only Fox News reporting the true about UPS and Obamacare.

Every time a Liberal looses a job or benefits due to Obama, I get happy!!!

Today I will celebrate UPS-Obanacare story with the fat filled ice cream, monkey face Mitchell Obama is tax-suing!!!

Aspers, PA

#968132 Aug 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Welfare pays more than a minimum-wage job in 35 states, creating little incentive for Americans to take entry-level work and likely increasing their long-term dependency on government help, according to a new study by the libertarian think tank Cato Institute.
The finds come 17 years after landmark welfare reform legislation that was supposed to move Americans away from entitlements and into the workforce.
However,welfare benefits continue to outpace the income that most recipients can expect to earn from an entry-level job, the study authors said.And the balance between welfare and work may actually have grown worse in recent years.
Among the other findings is that welfare in 13 states pays more than $15 an hour, compared with the federal hourly minimum wage of $7.25.
The disparity was even higher in nine states in which welfare pays more than the average first-year teachers salary and in the six most-generous states, which pay more than the entry-level salary for a computer programmer.
The average expectation can be placed on a family of 4 receiving up to $900 for their TANF allowance. A single person household can expect an average of up to $300.

FT minimum wage pays around $1200 a month.

United States

#968133 Aug 21, 2013
WOW wrote:
IS THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE SINCE OBAMA HAS been PRESIDENT OF THE USA no the world is at war more now than before he does NOTHING HE INPUT SUCKS HIS BS SPEECHES ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ANNOYING BUZZING SOUND we are TIRED OF HIOS PREETY WIFE/BEARD WHY dIDNT HE JUST COME OUT WITH REGGIE LOVE AS HIS DOMESTIC PARTNER INSTEAD OF THIS DOWNLOW ROLE HE PLAYS they KNOW YOUR SECRETS OBAMA THATS WHY THEY DONT TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT PUTIN LAUGHS AT YOU OBAMA YOU COULD LEARN FROM BUSH BLACKS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CONTROL MORE OF YOU NEED TO BECOME MORMONS NOT THE TYPE THAT ROBS PEOPLE BUT THE TYPE THAT IS REQUITED BY THE CIA, DIA, NSA,DOD,wow MEANING BE MORE EDUCATED FORGET RAPPING
WOW, please do not use all upper case, it is hard to read your post.

You said; "BS SPEECHES ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ANNOYING BUZZING SOUND"

Actually, his speeches had cause people to lose their lives and Navy Seal Team 6 to go into hiding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 10,571
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,525
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 2 hr Time 2 Quit BHO 1
Protest is Treason 2 hr LIQUIDATE-PROTESTERS 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 2 hr NO HALAL FOODs 11
My heart is open for a real man~ 3 hr SpreadUrThighs 8
Scary Obituary 3 hr The Shadow 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance