Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#967185 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A new Gallup poll shows only 22% of Americans are happy with the direction of the country. 75% are dissatisfied.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/163940/satisfactio...
So we're all kind of feeling the same way you are right now. Except the ones on here who belong in the 22% group. But they're in denial. It's sometimes very hard to admit you've been wrong.
Sure Carol, but who are people blaming? 22% is also an average of polls showing approval ratings for Republicans in Congress. Even the Fox poll which typically skews to the right only gives them 24% approval.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#967186 Aug 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It obviously proves you lied son.
I'm sure that's a tidbit you wanted to slide by.
I wonder what you would have done to your kids if they gave the same excuse you just did?
Detention!!!!!!!
You were the poster to whom I directed the challenge to point out another president whose father was not American-born..."unless you know of another one besides this one."

That's not a lie...son. It was a challenge.

Sonic named Chester Arthur, so you weren't up to the challenge. You were probably a poor student too.

But I will also remind you that Chester Arthur's father was not a Muslim bigamist who married his mother while being married to another woman, and there was no speculation of an avowed Communist being Arthur's real father who looked very much like him.

And Chester Arthur's father was pro-capitalism.

Still trying to get over yourself, I hope?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#967187 Aug 20, 2013
"Obama Administration Secretly Suspends Military Aid To Egypt"

Obama is quietly meeting the demands of his superiors in the Muslim Brotherhood.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967188 Aug 20, 2013
Anti-Obamacare Rage, Once a GOP Hit, Fizzles Despite Town Halls

Heritage Action may be launching town halls against the health-care law, but the rage that fueled the Tea Party wave has died down—and even Republicans are starting to walk away.

“Next to impossible,” said Tea Party favorite Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), when asked about the odds of repealing the Affordable Care Act. Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) said much the same thing last month:“Listen, as long as Barack Obama is president, the Affordable Care Act is going to be law.” And even Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), the closest thing to a Tea Party avatar, has voiced skepticism that the law can be stopped. Asked by Fox News’ Sean Hannity about his support for the “defunding” strategy proposed by Senate conservatives, Paul said that while he supports it, he “may not be able to guarantee victory.”

None of that has deterred Cruz, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), who are the main advocates behind the “defund” strategy. Nor has it stopped House Republicans from floating Obamacare repeal as a condition for lifting the debt ceiling this fall, despite the odd timing of the demand. By the time Congress needs to lift the debt limit, the federal health-care exchanges would have already gone online.

...Heritage, then, can play as many of the old tunes as it likes. When Oct. 1 comes, the Affordable Care Act will be there, ready to confer benefits, provide security, and begin the slow transformation of American health care.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#967189 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
As much as I'm concerned about the direction of this country, I'm becoming more concerned about what nature is trying to tell us.
http://prescriptiondesk.com/articles/pollinat...
http://offgridsurvival.com/deadbirdsaroundthe...
Honey bees, birds and fish are mysteriously dying worldwide.
The list of states where this is happening is in the second link above. It is disturbingly widespread.
I'm actually more concerned about this, frankly.
Anyone else?
No.

As long as species have been evolving, species have been going extinct. It is estimated that over 99.9% of all species that ever lived are extinct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#967190 Aug 20, 2013
Ted 'I heart Canada' Cruz

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#967191 Aug 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We should mind our own business. Obama should have never followed the French with the Libya fiasco. Now that Obama is president, you on the left are all gung ho war mongers. Not a peep from you radical Democrats Once Obama was elected, now we have scandals & cover-ups galore, yet not a peep.
You are the last one on this thread that should talk about being uninformed, as you just make crap up all the time, dolt.
No boots on the ground accomplishing more than Bush did with full invasions killing thousands of our sons & daughters.

Feel free to actually prove my posts wrong.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967192 Aug 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonicspaceshot has a new pair of rose colored glasses on today.
and look at you with the same old blindfold.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#967194 Aug 20, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
"This post explains why you are so confused.
Do you ever research anything before opening mouth and inserting your foot?" - L L
Yes. And, I discovered Obama looks like his biological father.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967197 Aug 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We know, propaganda queen. Democrats never implement & support bad policies. It's always Bush's fault. You fascists on the left are so honest and always accept responsibility (for nothing!!!)
OK - continue on with your propaganda now, little commie.
i may continue? thank you sir....

Freddie Mac recently began 25 initiatives around the country to dismantle barriers and create greater opportunities for homeownership. One of the programs is designed to help deserving families who have bad credit histories to qualify for homeownership loans.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...

"The Bush administration took a lot of pride that home ownership had reached historic highs," Snow said during an interview. "But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost."

Lawrence Lindsay, Bush's first chief economic adviser, said there was little impetus to raise alarms about the proliferation of easy credit that was helping Bush meet housing goals.

"No one wanted to stop that bubble," Lindsay said. "It would have conflicted with the president's own policies."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#967198 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But my inquiry was more important. And you haven't reassured me that you DO see something wrong with the government going out of its way to get people on food stamps who don't want them and finding ways to succeed in making them dependent on government.
So, again, tell me you do see something very wrong here.
Carol do you even realize that the majority of SNAP beneficiaries are children? Of course not because you're an idiot. Once again you've demonstrated that your pro life beliefs end when a child is born. You don't give a crap about whether they're getting proper nutrition or medical care afterwards. You're a fraud.
Also you couldn't answer the original inquiry so you tried to change the subject like you always do.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#967200 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I started thinking like a liberal, I'd be even more confused.
Because Obama coming up with the idea of sequestration and then using it to paint a picture of doom and gloom is bizarre.
We all know he wanted Republicans to look like the bad guys if they let it happen. But it's still bizarre.
Even liberals must know this made no sense. We can only hope.
Once again stupid, sequestration was a Republican idea.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#967201 Aug 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The original creator of the sequester was none other than senator Phil Gramm (R) Texas.
Perhaps you're familiar with some of his other work.
Any effort to cut the federal deficit and spending is a good thing.

The Democrats are the ones who keep dragging their feet.

Congress was tasked in 2011 to find cuts and figure out how to implement the cuts called for in the Budget Control Act.

Obama signed it into law.

They were unable to reach a bipartisan agreement on cutting $1.2 trillion from the deficit.

As usual, Obama said "it's my way or no way" and Republicans said "okay, it's no way then."

But before the sky really DIDN'T fall, Obama sure did try to scare us into thinking it would because of those mean old bad republicans who never give him everything he wants.
With the threat of automatic sequestration still looming, No luck so far. So, while sequestration was never intended to actually go into effect, it now most likely will.

(Again, though, I notice no source to support your claim...not that I don't believe you...)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#967202 Aug 20, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, another hate crime for Oblama, Sharpton, Jackson, the LSM, you, various other liberal dirtbags to ignore. If only the white hispanic Zimmerman would have been there and saw them, he could have shot all 3 of the violent, ghetto scumbags.
@pegson : How is this not a Hate Crime in the USA. 3 Black youths kill a White Australian |
how is shooting an unarmed 13 year old black kid not a hate crime?

though it's a damn shame that white on white isn't a hate crime. with the way you folks act about how killing any white person must be a hate crime, seems a logical step.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#967203 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not a good idea to besmirch the president's deceased mother - even if Obama's father might not be who we think he is.
We can speculate about Davis without bringing up his mother's past. We all have skeletons in our closets, and she's no longer part of the equation, so it's best she be left out of it.
That's just my strongly felt suggestion.
I don't do this with comfort. Ann Dunham isn't too different than some other people I've known in my life. They use her to reinforce the obvious fraud that is Obama's promoted life. The evidence indicates a completely different story.
I detest frauds. Obama is a fraud. In the normal situation, I would not include any other individual in the condemnation of a fraud. However, this fraud is being used to destroy this country. This is not the normal situation of encountering a fraud.
There may be an afterlife where our life becomes inconsequential. What was, was. It was the life we lived. It has no significance in the afterlife. It's only significance is among the living.
To me, it is more disgusting that the Democrats create a lie out of her life. I feel sorrow for the life she was forced to live. She was duped, and paid for it with a life that was not happy for her. I condemn the people that duped her into believing what they promoted to her for their own personal enjoyment/pleasure/agenda.
She was just another victim of the communist lie and social engineering agenda falacy. She paid for it with the sadness her life obviously was.
How would any woman feel if they became pregnant, then dumped, then arranged to marry someone of convenience, then sent halfway around the world to a third world country in Africa to have a baby?
It seems to me her life was that of desperation and survival as best as can be done given the situation people like Frank Marshal Davis created for her.
There is a special place in heaven for people who were made to suffer like her.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#967204 Aug 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We should mind our own business. Obama should have never followed the French with the Libya fiasco. Now that Obama is president, you on the left are all gung ho war mongers. Not a peep from you radical Democrats Once Obama was elected, now we have scandals & cover-ups galore, yet not a peep.
You are the last one on this thread that should talk about being uninformed, as you just make crap up all the time, dolt.
I see no problem with us lefties being hypocrites. So many things that we didn't mind before (like making fun of the President), bother us now. So many things that we did mind before (like war), don't bother us now.

Like when George Bush was in office, we liberals regularly compared him to Hitler, speculated that he was behind 9/11, fantasized about murdering him and generally talked about him like he was the Son of Satan.

This was called "speaking the truth to power."

Then Barack Obama came into office and ironically, dissent isn't so patriotic anymore. Suddenly we Democrats and liberals became angry, humorless scolds who believe that the President of United States is beyond criticism.

Of course, the truth is that we haven't changed at all; we're just hypocrites.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#967205 Aug 20, 2013
If you want to see how hypocritical and oversensitive to criticism we liberals can be, here's an example.

Get the rodeo clown!: Rodeo clown Tuffy Gessling put on an Obama mask at the Missouri State Fair and asked the enthusiastic people in the crowd if they'd like to see “Obama run down by a bull.”

Nothing racist was said, no threats were made, and of course, Obama wasn't in the ring.

It was a harmless bit of mockery of the President that had been done previously to George H. W. Bush with no outcry.

In this case, the Democratic governor and senator of the state condemned Gessling, he was banned for life from the Missouri State Fair, and the head of the Missouri NAACP called it a "hate crime" while asking for the Secret Service and NAACP to investigate.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#967206 Aug 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
As much as I'm concerned about the direction of this country, I'm becoming more concerned about what nature is trying to tell us.
http://prescriptiondesk.com/articles/pollinat...
http://offgridsurvival.com/deadbirdsaroundthe...
Honey bees, birds and fish are mysteriously dying worldwide.
The list of states where this is happening is in the second link above. It is disturbingly widespread.
I'm actually more concerned about this, frankly.
Anyone else?
Now why would you be worried about this? Aren't you the same person that tried to argue me down about global warming? When will you all realize that everything on earth is inner connected &, in some sense, 1 thing is the food to another? There's a guy on the internet that called every city that was going to be hit hard by tornados 3 days before they hit. He's not a psychic, he didn't make predictions. He simply identified the hot spots left by chemtrails. 1 by 1, he pointed out every city 3 days in advance. The more man fucks with the earth, the more the entire economical system is destroyed &, affected. Same goes with nature & it's forces! I remember telling you about this ( all the animals dying) in a previous discussion on global warming. Now you've read the words of a whiteman, you're worried!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#967207 Aug 20, 2013
Obama/Liberals new job program ‘Welfare’ really pays off!! A New York mother of two is eligible for $38,000 in welfare benefits –a sum more than the annual salary of New York entry level school teacher!! Today‘s Liberals Motto is “It’s not what you can do for your country but what your government can do for you “
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#967208 Aug 20, 2013
Hi my name is Ted Cruz, I am running to be your president, please won't you join me in a rousing rendition of my home country's national anthem -

O CANADA

O Canada! Our home and native land
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise
The true north, strong and free
From far and wide, O Canada
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee.

O Canada! Terre de nos aieux
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brilliants exploix.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 181,707
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 5 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 6 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 8 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 9 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web