Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#966090 Aug 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying the occurrence described in "patriot's" post didn't actually happen? That his sources were sensationalizing a non-event? Sorta like this:
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
A Google News search of Springfield High School returns zero results about such an occurrence, I would check your sources if I were you.
Jews News "It ain't news if it ain't Jews News" sounds pretty dubious and was the basis for the article you linked.
The Muslim Brotherhood burned down Christian schools with children still in them. Christians are now being persecuted everywhere in the Middle East.

Just wanted to remind you.

Orlando, FL

#966091 Aug 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>To answer your question, I'm sorry you're such a stupid, graceless waste of air.
That tea party conservative apologized for insulting the president in an email.

Point to one liberal who apologized for insulting a conservative president.

Now you owe me an apology.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#966092 Aug 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet ...
"Bush's first term saw 14,387 new final rules, 13,049 in Obama's first term"
On a favorite subject:

A TIME magazine reporter set off a Twitter spat on Saturday when he controversially suggested that WikkiLeaks founder Julian Assange be killed in a drone strike.

Michael Grunwald was pressured into deleting the offending tweet after it was greeeted with hostility online - particularly by Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian - who broke the story of NSA whistle-blower Edward Norton.

Indeed, TIME magazine distanced themselves from the tweet saying,'Michael Grunwald posted an offensive tweet from his personal Twitter account that is no way representative of TME's views'.

Grunwald has written extensively about his support for the United States strategy of killing terrorists using unmanned military drones.

Writing on Twitter on Friday, Grunwald said he 'can't wait to write a defense of the drone strike that takes out' Assange, who is an Australian citizen.

Julian Assange is currently in hiding at the Ecuadorian embassy in London - as he attempts to ward off his own extradition to Sweden where he is wanted for questioning over allegations of sexual assault.

Orlando, FL

#966093 Aug 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, let me help you out with that reading comprehension difficulty you're having. The headline from your link:
"Despite the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression and a series of shocks in it aftermath, the economy has gradually strengthened since mid-2009, though more work remains."
Ok, now let's learn what a "quagmire" is:
Definition of QUAGMIRE
: soft miry land that shakes or yields under the foot
: a difficult, precarious, or entrapping position : predicament
I didn't say it was all roses, there's still too much government interference IMO and when QEIII stops we will see another correction though it won't be on nearly the scale of the last collapse. The upside is that if interest rates are allowed to rise the incentive to lend will return which will fuel the recovery in a healthy way (provided lenders learned their lesson).
Trying to paint a good face on it doesn't change every graph on the Treasury Department website. A picture - and a graph - is worth a thousand words.

Orlando, FL

#966094 Aug 18, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how you can 'be so sure' since you haven't gotten a thing right so far.
Haven't been wrong about anything and provided indisputable sources - government websites and liberal media sources - to prove it.

Looking up the number of pages of new government regulations under Obamacare is not hard.

You can lead a horse to water...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#966095 Aug 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lehigh is a good university, but a notch or two below the top.
Community colleges are Grade 13 of public school for the Vo-Tech track, below a good academic high school program.
So what does the freshman year at the University of Oklahoma compare to.

You're an old out of touch fk Galt, just shootin from the hip at anything that moves.

Community Colleges offer many courses tailored to local or regional job markets that Universities don't.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#966096 Aug 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there are six units underway.
$30 billion in government intrusion not enough for ya?
Which units are those?

Government loan guarantees are not quite the same as government spending.

Played golf last week at Primm, adjacent to the Ivanpah solar project, which is a major eyesore and environmental disaster.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#966097 Aug 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslim Brotherhood burned down Christian schools with children still in them. Christians are now being persecuted everywhere in the Middle East.
Just wanted to remind you.
When and where???

Orlando, FL

#966098 Aug 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see, if the government won't pay for it you're not going to get it.
Frickin' freeloader.
You either truly don't get it or don't want to get it.

But you will. Just like people in the UK and Canada who couldn't get treatment in time.

Why won't democrats talk about lowering the costs of health care instead of controlling it - and us?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#966099 Aug 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree with this. Should the clown used a white mask of Obama? Wouldn't that have actually been racist?
We have a black president and a long tradition of lampooning our Presidents. Kinda reminds me of those wheelchair races they used to stage on the WH lawn.
My point exactly on the black vs. white mask, which would have been a reverse minstrel show.

If we can't parody our government leaders, it's a sad day.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#966100 Aug 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it sounds like all black republicans educating other blacks who still don't get race is a political tool used by democrats.
And used by "useful idiots".
all black republicans? you mean the ones FOX pays to come and repeat what the white talking heads say about black people?

talk about useful idiots.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#966102 Aug 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Another Rupublitard gets lost in the details__it was not about the mask but the commentary.
Refresh us on exactly what the commentary was....perhaps critical of Obama's performance, a terrible sin?
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#966103 Aug 18, 2013
2/18/2013

Prisoners Collect Mllions in Unemployment Benefits

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 1:17 pm

Another example of why we need to raise taxes in this country:

DID YOU KNOW that Philadelphia prison inmates collected unemployment benefits while sitting in their cells?

They did: 1,162 of them got an average of $344 a week for, on average, 18 weeks. That’s more than $7 million.

And many of the 25,500 inmates in other county jails in Pennsylvania did the same.

The column estimates that the state of Pennsylvania alone may have been paying as much as $27 million a year for an undetermined number of years.

Another example of why we need to raise taxes in this country:
Your tax dollars at work.
Snipped from another article..

'•Despite this fact, news articles in multiple States have revealed a nationwide epidemic of unemployment benefit payments to incarcerated individuals. Recent headlines include: Illinois:``State: More than $2M in Unemployment Benefits Went to Inmates''(10/9/12); New Jersey:``Audit Says 20,000 Inmates Were Mistakenly Paid Nearly $24M in State and Federal Benefits''(5/29/13); Pennsylvania:``Inmates Collect Millions in Unemployment Benefits in Philadelphia Jails''(2/20/13); and South Carolina:``Government Waste--Inmates Collecting Millions in Fraudulent Unemployment Checks''(2/21/13). The list unfortunately does not end there, and these and other articles make it clear that taxpayers are wasting millions of dollars each year on unemployment benefit payments to prisoners.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z...

Orlando, FL

#966104 Aug 18, 2013
Picture it.

A Bush presidency with the IRS reading your medical records.

It might be happening already.

Welcome to Obama's vision.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#966105 Aug 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the court jesters that mocked groups of people.
So, you are saying it would be OK to use government funding to produce a racist show juts to entertain a bunch of right wing bigots?
The traditional role of the court jester was to speak the truth to the King (about himself) when all others were afraid.

Exactly what was "racist" about the clown's performance?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#966106 Aug 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Do ya think it had to do with what was said than just wearing a mask? Are you really this stupid, Carol?
RealDave you Liberals need to learn to laugh and stop playing the Race Card!! If this clown was wearing a Bush’s mask and said the same things the NAACP wouldn’t have had a problem but would have laughed right along with the Crowd….GROW UP!!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#966107 Aug 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Argued Friday night___on FOX News. TeaParty Pam can be expected to tote the TeaParty banner until it interferes with her career.
BTW it was Pam who benched Norm Wolfinger and appointed fellow righty Angela Corey to investigate/prosecute George Zimmerman.
Seems everyone is toting the tea party banner. Fckn tool

"As California prepares to launch its health care exchange, consumer groups are worried the uninsured could fall victim to fraud, identity theft or other crimes at the hands of some of the very people who are supposed to help them enroll.The exchange, known as Covered California, recently adopted rules for a network of more than 21,000 enrollment counselors who will provide consumers with in-person assistance as part of the federal Affordable Care Act. In some cases, they will have access to personal and financial information, from ID cards to medical histories.But the state insurance commissioner and anti-fraud groups say the exchange is falling short in ensuring that the people hired as counselors are adequately screened and monitored.Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones also said the exchange does not have a plan for investigating any complaints that might arise once the counselors start work. That means consumers who might fall prey to bogus health care products, identity theft and other abuses will have a hard time seeking justice if unscrupulous counselors get hold of their Social Security number, bank accounts, health records or other private information, he said.“We can have a real disaster on our hands,” Jones, a Democrat, said in an interview."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#966109 Aug 18, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave you Liberals need to learn to laugh and stop playing the Race Card!! If this clown was wearing a Bush’s mask and said the same things the NAACP wouldn’t have had a problem but would have laughed right along with the Crowd….GROW UP!!!
i agree. a black crowd wanting the bull to knock the crap out of the black guy in the Bush mask is nothing but funny.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#966110 Aug 18, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>If I was in the 20-40 year old range and working steady at $50,000 or more a year then I'd find purchasing a basic ,,minimum healthcare plan in the new health insurance exchange at around $250 dollars to be a bargain! I get a good insurance plan starting out on my work life career and save $200 bucks that I don't have to pay the government in 'penalties'. As a young , working , guy with an active social life ,I can use that extra 200 bucks!
You have some scewed up logic. You're spending $250 that you wouldn't be spending otherwise to savee $200.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#966111 Aug 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So what does the freshman year at the University of Oklahoma compare to.
You're an old out of touch fk Galt, just shootin from the hip at anything that moves.
Community Colleges offer many courses tailored to local or regional job markets that Universities don't.
The University of Oklahoma is a mid-range school, typical of large state universities. Difficulty depends upon the program, just as in any school. Engineering and science programs are difficult, most liberal arts programs a joke.

Community colleges are trade schools, not academic universities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy - 9-29-2014 10 min PEllen 19
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min KiMare 50,012
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min TV Guide 98,329
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min JOEL 69,465
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Earthling-1 46,977
Amy 9-30 37 min Mister Tonka 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,578

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]