Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262320 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965845 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you do live in Kentucky where the Sterno©'s cheap and love is never more than a 1st cousin away.
Yeah, not raised here though, so ah kinda struggle with SOME (not all) of the more backerd backwoods-ignert, libuhrulTic entitlementalcase kinda stuff sometimes!
Sterno excluded of course, as that kind of thing can come in real handy during power outages....and events when heat is needed to keep food warm and stuff.(duh)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965846 Aug 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What you're saying is that I've surrendered__maybe so, maybe not so.
By remaining registered as a (R) I'm able to participate (vote) in every race in my district's primaries and then choose whoever I wish in the general elections. I'm a super voter__if there is something that needs voting on I'll be there.
My (I) and (L) friends sit at at home until the general election rolls around and then vote for whoever happens to be on the ballot.
That's not a winning formula__just saying.
Not all states are like that though-some do allow independent voting in primaries.
One er muh friends said to me one time, I ourght writ my congress person and get them to writ a bill that allows independent voting in primaries.
Don't know ifn muh freind were a D or an I or an R or a pepsicolar label type voter-didn't care-didn't matter, he'un made a good point lol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965847 Aug 17, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If I bought GM stock at $25 and then it sunk to $5, should I cry to Obama to save me?
Its at $34 now dumbasss.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#965848 Aug 17, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not raised here though, so ah kinda struggle with SOME (not all) of the more backerd backwoods-ignert, libuhrulTic entitlementalcase kinda stuff sometimes!
Sterno excluded of course, as that kind of thing can come in real handy during power outages....and events when heat is needed to keep food warm and stuff.(duh)
Where were you raised if you don't mind me askin'?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965849 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your goal to win or to elect the best government?
Really, was Romney your guy in '12?
Eastwoods too!

But I just think that there is so much to be done, and I think that Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan are two guys that can come along. See, I never thought it was a good idea for attorneys to be president, anyway.
(APPLAUSE)

I think attorneys are so busy -- you know they're always taught to argue everything, and always weight everything -- weigh both sides... I think attorneys are so busy -- you know they're always taught to argue everything, always weigh everything, weigh both sides. They are always devil's advocating this and bifurcating this and bifurcating that. You know all that stuff.

But, I think it is maybe time -- what do you think -- for maybe a businessman. How about that?
(APPLAUSE)

A stellar businessman. Quote, unquote, "a stellar businessman.'' And I think it's that time. And I think if you just step aside and Mr. Romney can kind of take over. You can maybe still use a plane.
(APPLAUSE)

Though maybe a smaller one. Not that big gas guzzler you are going around to colleges and talking about student loans and stuff like that.
(APPLAUSE)

You are an -- an ecological man. Why would you want to drive that around? OK, well anyway. All right, I'm sorry. I can't do that to myself either.
(APPLAUSE)

I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we -- we own this country.
(APPLAUSE)

We -- we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
(APPLAUSE)

And -- so -- they are just going to come around and beg for votes every few years. It is the same old deal. But I just think it is important that you realize , that you're the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you're libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.....

And we can start saying "buh-bye" now and getting ready for--

CHRSITIE/Paul/Napalatano and Uncle Joe(s) et al.. FOR All of America again...NOT just occupy anyone elses anything ghetto gutter type streeters- 2016!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965850 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you raised if you don't mind me askin'?
Above the Mason Dixon line-where all that racist race baiting entitleMentalcase crap is seen just exactly for what is.

CRAP-the CON jobs of warped in the head, entitlementalcase racist race baiting manipulators.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#965852 Aug 17, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
If drooling, demented, dufus dems [like you] would stop bringing him up, we might.
Presidential Leadership in the Cold War - Ronald Reagan and ...
http://reagan.civiced.org/lessons/middle-scho...
Long before becoming president, Ronald Reagan claimed the prevailing policies of containment and détente would not bring a satisfactory end to the Cold War.
How Reagan won the Cold War.- Slate Magazine
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi... ...
Jun 9, 2004 ... So, did Ronald Reagan bring on the end of the Cold War? Well, yes. Recently declassified documents leave no doubt about the matter.
Reaganomics - Library of Economics and Liberty
http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc1/Reaganomi...
Reaganomics continues to be a controversial issue. For those who do not view Reaganomics through an ideological lens, however, one's evaluation of this ...
Reaganomics [ushistory.org]
http://www.ushistory.org/us/59b.asp
The media called it Reaganomics. During the campaign of 1980, Ronald Reagan announced a recipe to fix the nation's economic mess. He claimed an undue ...
All the Democrats here are old people who don't care about the future of our children.

Yes, the are demented and drooling old fools who just want free stuff. They don't give a crap about our country or, are too ignorant and uneducated to understand what they support will cause our country to spiral down the toilet into a welfare state for losers. The actually support Democrats who desire to make us like Greece, where everyone wants to leave.

Democrats are like a dog that cannot be house trained. You can put a Democrats nose in his own shit, and he actually likes it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#965853 Aug 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
From your source:
The survey finds that 24 percent of the scientist respondents fit the “Nature Is Overwhelming” model.“In their diagnostic framing, they believe that changes to the climate are natural, normal cycles of the Earth.” Moreover,“they strongly disagree that climate change poses any significant public risk and see no impact on their personal lives.”
So, 50% more geoscientists believe that global warming is caused by man than those that say no.
Wow, you really like to mislead.
When you have to lie, you know you've lost the argument.
No. You just are unable to comprehend, idiot. Spaceshot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#965854 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Above the Mason Dixon line-where all that racist race baiting entitleMentalcase crap is seen just exactly for what is.
CRAP-the CON jobs of warped in the head, entitlementalcase racist race baiting manipulators.
Crack baby?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965855 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack baby?
Nope-- that kind of ghetto level junk wasn't around much in my neck of the woods during my parents gen, or mine. Thank GOD, there was still a lot of people still then, that didn't believe in poisoning the young, impressionable minds society, with even mentions of it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965856 Aug 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
All the Democrats here are old people who don't care about the future of our children.
Yes, the are demented and drooling old fools who just want free stuff. They don't give a crap about our country or, are too ignorant and uneducated to understand what they support will cause our country to spiral down the toilet into a welfare state for losers. The actually support Democrats who desire to make us like Greece, where everyone wants to leave.
Democrats are like a dog that cannot be house trained. You can put a Democrats nose in his own shit, and he actually likes it.
Kinda like tenzing putting it';s nose in the crack of it's own crap?

Yo' tenzing-you nasty mouthed, pick you one brain cell up out the gutter!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#965857 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack baby?
Yes, we now you are one Tenzing. What else could explain your deviant leech from America lunacy? You really should consider living in a country where they love slouches. Greece or even Detroit in the USA seems like a nice place for you.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#965858 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its at $34 now dumbasss.
He wasn't quoting the existing price, dingbat. You post is lame, just like you, idiot.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#965859 Aug 17, 2013
Democrats love the Weener. 80% unfavorable, but the 20% of corrupt hard core Democrats like the idiots here still like him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965860 Aug 17, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If I bought GM stock at $25 and then it sunk to $5, should I cry to Obama to save me?
No, you have nobody to blame but yourself for your poor judgment.

On the other hand, if you were a GM bondholder who got screwed to benefit the UAW pension fund, then all the blame goes to Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965861 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its at $34 now dumbasss.
Wrong, not the same stock. The original shareholders were wiped out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965862 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
The only difference in racism between the North and the South is that racism is more open in the South and more vicious in the North.

Cities like New York are as racist as you can get, with a liberal surface shine.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965863 Aug 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Democrats love the Weener. 80% unfavorable, but the 20% of corrupt hard core Democrats like the idiots here still like him.
Weinerman is a gross clown, but the rest of the candidates are marshmallows who will get run over by the unions and minorities.

NYC faces a return to the Dinkins era.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#965864 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine so far, no Egyptians have flown planes into any of our buildings since they ousted Mubarek.
But your brain flies into buildings, moron, because you are an idiot.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965865 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The existing system worked fine for all but those who wanted free lunch.
If you were paying the ObamaKKKare tax, you would be pissed off as well.
Young healthy males between the ages of 21 and 29 will bear the brunt of the cost and males 30-39.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/14/news/economy/...

The question is: Will younger, healthier people purchase coverage or will they simply pay the fine -$95 per adult. It will be cheaper than any individual plan available on the state exchanges.

Too much uncertainty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a teachers lament. 10 min bud ruel 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min observation 100,242
Amy 7-29-15 26 min Stina 7
abby7-29-15 36 min Stina 3
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 52,055
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RACE 8,109
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr whatimeisit 1,700
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 194,367
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages