Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396590 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#965713 Aug 17, 2013
Hey mental midget wrote:
<quoted text>
Say it all you want. More proof what a bent out of shape partisan ding a ling you come off as!! Just one year ago, Obama was condemned for supporting the Arab Spring uprising that resulted in the nation’s first democratic elections ever. But today the same a-holes (you) are condemning him for not speaking out. What you simpletons fail to realize is that, if Obama were to more vocally advocate on behalf of the protesters, he would give the Morsi government ammunition to dismiss them as pawns of the Great Satan in the United States. But something tells me you're used to this kind of double-speak bullshit. Anything to complain, hm? All symptoms of your intensely serious case of ODS!! You are a total waste of time and bandwidth!! But you are amusing in a tedious sort of way. Speaking of growing up, when you stop whining and stamping your feet each and every time things don't go your way we'll talk. You may resume your chronic whining now MM!!!
The inept one should've kept his anarchy promoting mouth shut then, as well as he did the other day while hiding in the vineyard.
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#965714 Aug 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Stupidity and idiocy works well for you son.
A natural fit along with being a racist.
As you prove with every post.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965715 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama already intervened in Egypt, creating the crisis.
At this point the US should just suspend military aid to Egypt and let them resolve their own problems in their traditional manner.
You mean the way British decided the American Revolution?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965716 Aug 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! This is you son. And many of your 'followers'...
“Outside noisy, inside empty”
--- Chinese Proverb
Frank MArshal Davis is that yew?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965717 Aug 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Libertarian party needs to capture a good sized city or any state. Louisiana was ripe for E Z pickins after the Katrina debacle which was, or should have been, a huge embarrassment for the R's and D's.
Until the party proves itself, it will remain an attitude rather than a force.
Registering (I) or (L) in my state leaves the voter standing on the sidelines during the primary season and that's not a good
thing.
Louisiana is owned by the Petro-chemical industry. Only a conscious effort by the electorate can change that.

You're only sidelined from the Demopublican primaries and the point of alternate parties is to NOT vote D or R.

Someday y'all will all see that both parties are criminal organizations only beholdin' to the special interests who fund them. Sure, the Democrats are all for food stamps 'cause they care about the poor. Bull, they're under pressure from Agribusiness and retailers like Walmart and McDonalds.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965718 Aug 17, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Trained my Parrot to say
Benghazi
You should train it to say CBS News, The New York Times and ABC News too.

They reported security was removed from that embassy. And this president hasn't given the American people any reason as to why.

Sounds to me like you're the trained parrot.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965719 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"intentionally left unsecured"???
Gonna have to prove that one.
Tenzing U.S. embassies gets attack all the time but your childish argument ( Prove It) Frist those embassies didn’t request additional security, Secondly those that attacked these embassies were either capture or killed but Tenz we’re still trying to figure out where Obama was during the 8 hours Benghazi was under seize!!

Location hidden

#965720 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sakes...
I said it was post #965628! But for the third time, here was the original post. Now read the darn thing once and for all!
Senior Republicans have all but conceded that they won’t end up defunding Obamacare in a continuing resolution to keep the federal government open after the money runs out on Sept. 30.
They are considering a strategy to pass a two-month continuing resolution to keep government funded at existing levels until, roughly, the debt limit is reached. Then they would offer a sequester replacement in exchange for delaying or defunding Obamacare in order to avoid economic disaster.
http://nationalreview.com/node/355632/print
You can find other sources but that's up to you. I'm done.
That isn't GOP congresspersons wanting to let Obamacare run its course and fail on its own merits, that's GOP congresspersons realizing shutting the government down is political suicide.

No wonder I didn't recognize it as "proof" of your BS claim.

Location hidden

#965721 Aug 17, 2013
BTW Carol, I copied and pasted your post # so if it was wrong, you did it.

Orlando, FL

#965722 Aug 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He goes the thread dummy again with pathetic lies.
Special Forces "site security team" in Libya? Did the guy have a name___was he actually in Libya?
The sole purpose of the Benghazi mission was to provide diplomatic cover for the nearby CIA base (annex). We still have no idea why Chris Stephans was in Benghazi that evening, that information remains classified.
And once again doll, David Petreaus was the CIA director at the time and we're not privy to his testimony regarding Benghazi. The CIA people on the ground that evening did not report to the POTUS, the State Department or the US Military. The CIA has no military like chain of command, only the director reports to the POTUS.
WASHINGTON — Four State Department officials were removed from their posts on Wednesday after an independent panel criticized the “grossly inadequate” security at a diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, that was attacked on Sept. 11, leading to the deaths of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/us/politics... ;

How fitting. We're in Alice's Wonderland and Obama is the Queen of Hearts: "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965723 Aug 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Flippers and all they're funding was coming from Fannie and Freddie___right?
Guess what___they're back and making the Orlando market #1 flipping homes. And this time many of the flippers are from abroad.
Better hurry!
Watched one on the tube this a.m....most realistic one I've ever seen.

IF the flip people (even hurrying) could even get the market price return (IF being a keyword)...MAYBE 2k profit. The rest--all hail duh mortgage bank!

Pfffffffffffffffffffffft. PatheTIC the UNrealisTic bullchit people buy into sometimes.

Location hidden

#965724 Aug 17, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Trained my Parrot to say
Benghazi
Is that so you don't have to leave Fox on 24/7?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965725 Aug 17, 2013
Six Figures wrote:
<quoted text>
When you make six figures, you are just happy to have enough income to provide for your household.
For REAL!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965726 Aug 17, 2013
Totnto wrote:
<quoted text>
I should imagine you WOULD be happy. That's at least 5 figures higher than Tecans are taught to count. So here Tonto's question: are the "six figures" letters or numbers, cause there big difference between 100,000 and eleven?
Too bad in REALITY, 100,000k would BARELY cover some mortgages and all the usual bills these days huh?

Orlando, FL

#965728 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
BTW Carol, I copied and pasted your post # so if it was wrong, you did it.
You are such a liar. Shame on you.

Anyone can go back a few pages and clearly see what I posted as the post # and what you posted.

I know when you're losing the bigger issue arguments, you love to play these stupid games. But it only shows your desperation in being wrong about everything else.

Orlando, FL

#965729 Aug 17, 2013
We're in Alice's Wonderland and Obama is the Queen of Hearts: "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965730 Aug 17, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>As a Democrat, I am glad Pence is taking a stand against Obamacare and you are right Bush was considered a Pseudo Liberal too by many conservatives, but you got to realize too that most Democrats in Indiana align to the Right politically than their Democrats in the rest of the country who are considered Pseudo Liberal and to the far left and why Indiana is considered a conservative state(Red State).
Politics of Indiana
Historically, Republicans have been strongest in the eastern and central portions of the state, as well as the suburbs of the state's major cities. Democrats have been strongest in the northwestern and southern parts of the state along with the major cities. However, outside of Indianapolis, the Chicago suburbs, and Bloomington, the state's Democrats tend to be somewhat more conservative than their counterparts in the rest of the country, especially on social issues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Indi...
tell me something i don't know.

but 'taking a stand'? lying about the cost is taking a stand?

no wonder only 24% of us will admit to being a republican.

Location hidden

#965731 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
WASHINGTON — Four State Department officials were removed from their posts on Wednesday after an independent panel criticized the “grossly inadequate” security at a diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, that was attacked on Sept. 11, leading to the deaths of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
How fitting. We're in Alice's Wonderland and Obama is the Queen of Hearts: "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"
"Grossly inadequate" is a lot different that "intentionally un-defended".
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965732 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The real estate market is heavy with investors everywhere, many of whom are cash buyers (not F&F) with no place else to go with their money. They buy the house and either make a few cosmetic changes before reselling or rent out for a couple of years waiting for the market to go up.
The mountain of cash waiting on the sidelines for suitable investments is enormous.
That would a surprise to see the market go back up like it was--as it had been SO WAY over inflated for such a LONG, long time...WAY out of sync and way beyond the REAL working class average earnings.

Kinda think your prediction is jusssstt a little dreamland gilded Galt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965733 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
He sometimes seems compelled to bow to the barking for intervention, mostly from your side. Maybe y'all should just shut the fck up about intervention or quit claiming you want a small, constitutional government.
There is no call for intervention from the Republican side except from McCain and Graham, two outcasts who speak more for Obama than for the Republican Party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min OzRitz 60,195
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr buckwheat 217,145
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 1 hr Crack is wack 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr Retired SOF 2,162
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 3 hr A Noted Observer 54
Observations 3 hr A Noted Observer 137
News 10 shootings a day: Complex causes of Chicago's... 4 hr Danny113345 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 102,571

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages