Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394587 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Six Figures

Spring, TX

#965692 Aug 17, 2013
Tonto wrote:
Used to be every southerner was issued a banjo at birth. Now, they get CD's of banjo music and I-tunes. No longer the same impact. What kind of people eat fried pork skins on purpose? Souse meat? Yetch.
You're an uninformed idiot who is doing a bad impression of a Native American Indian.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965693 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"intentionally left unsecured"???
Gonna have to prove that one.
Why must I always prove known facts to you? Don't you read or keep up on your own?

(CBS News) The former head of a Special Forces "Site Security Team" in Libya tells CBS News that in spite of multiple pleas from himself and other U.S. security officials on the ground for "more, not less" security personnel, the State Department removed as many as 34 people from the country in the six months before the terrorist attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-575276...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/us/politics...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...

And this was reported by the liberal media lapdogs too. Where exactly do you get your news?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#965694 Aug 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh sure. the RINO who told us that the Iraq war wouldn't cost the taxpayers all that much.
so how about Mike Pence? seems he's big time tea party material...
Proof Of Politics: Indiana Fudges Truth On Health Exchange Rates To Make Obamacare Look Bad
Sometimes, the political urge simply overwhelms anything resembling common sense and appropriate behavior.
Witness the latest example of political skullduggery playing out in the great State of Indiana where GOP Governor Mike Pence has found it necessary to take extreme liberties with the reporting of the state’s healthcare exchange data—all to justify his anti-Obamacare political positioning.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/07...
as i said before...folks in Indiana know that taking republican politicians at their word makes you a bigger fool than they are.
As a Democrat, I am glad Pence is taking a stand against Obamacare and you are right Bush was considered a Pseudo Liberal too by many conservatives, but you got to realize too that most Democrats in Indiana align to the Right politically than their Democrats in the rest of the country who are considered Pseudo Liberal and to the far left and why Indiana is considered a conservative state(Red State).

Politics of Indiana

Historically, Republicans have been strongest in the eastern and central portions of the state, as well as the suburbs of the state's major cities. Democrats have been strongest in the northwestern and southern parts of the state along with the major cities. However, outside of Indianapolis, the Chicago suburbs, and Bloomington, the state's Democrats tend to be somewhat more conservative than their counterparts in the rest of the country, especially on social issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Indi...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965695 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare's a-comin' and Democrat Baucus said it's a train wreck a-comin'.
Going to get ugly, pretty sure. Can't help Obama's numbers in the polls.
Of course he says that, what I haven't seen yet is any of them wanting to let it fail on its own merits as you said there were.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965696 Aug 17, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>He would have dismantled the gang of thieves that occupy the White House..
... and replaced it with his own!

poor chica....

Orlando, FL

#965697 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You already know that I regard Beck a poseur who doesn't understand the first thing about libertarianism. He's a major reason there are so many cluefucked, big-government right-wingers who are under the delusion that they're libertarian.
"I'm mostly libertarian except when it comes to American Imperialism and trampling individual liberty. Well, I guess I'm just mostly libertarian when it comes to guns and only guns."
Beck told Barr in that interview he agreed with "nearly everything" Barr stood for and was running on.

There are differences of opinions on certain issues in the Republican party too but it doesn't mean we don't still agree on "nearly everything".

You and Beck apparently had more in common than you knew.

Shocking, I know! You might want to go and lie down for a while.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965699 Aug 17, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Prove any of the drivel you post? You are the 'reactionary' looking for handouts..
lol! Still can't find that dow you claim exists can you chica?

Hey, I'll even settle for the official transcripts from the Congressional records.... again, like you claim exists!

Can't you find it son? Can you prove it?
get the app

Missouri City, TX

#965700 Aug 17, 2013
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965701 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you I stop reading at the first lie: Obama created the crisis in Egypt?
Tensing sounds as if Obama trying to take the Fifth on the crisis in Egypt!! First he threw Mubarak under the bus, then he claim Egypt wasn’t an ally, and then he tried to take credit for the Arab Spring sounds as if Obama is in Over his Head!!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965702 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a chicken and egg thing. They won't attract stronger candidates 'til they get better numbers. They can't get better numbers as long as the Demopublicans make all the rules. The only way they can increase their numbers is through people like me doing what I'm doing.
The Libertarian party needs to capture a good sized city or any state. Louisiana was ripe for E Z pickins after the Katrina debacle which was, or should have been, a huge embarrassment for the R's and D's.

Until the party proves itself, it will remain an attitude rather than a force.

Registering (I) or (L) in my state leaves the voter standing on the sidelines during the primary season and that's not a good
thing.

Orlando, FL

#965703 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no post #965638.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-lauderda...
Oh, for heaven's sakes...

I said it was post #965628! But for the third time, here was the original post. Now read the darn thing once and for all!

Senior Republicans have all but conceded that they won’t end up defunding Obamacare in a continuing resolution to keep the federal government open after the money runs out on Sept. 30.

They are considering a strategy to pass a two-month continuing resolution to keep government funded at existing levels until, roughly, the debt limit is reached. Then they would offer a sequester replacement in exchange for delaying or defunding Obamacare in order to avoid economic disaster.

http://nationalreview.com/node/355632/print

You can find other sources but that's up to you. I'm done.

Location hidden

#965704 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must I always prove known facts to you? Don't you read or keep up on your own?
(CBS News) The former head of a Special Forces "Site Security Team" in Libya tells CBS News that in spite of multiple pleas from himself and other U.S. security officials on the ground for "more, not less" security personnel, the State Department removed as many as 34 people from the country in the six months before the terrorist attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others.
And this was reported by the liberal media lapdogs too. Where exactly do you get your news?
They were winding down from from intervening in a civil war, what would you expect? Nevertheless, the consulate was not left "unprotected" and removing 34 people says nothing about how many were left there. There was a security detachment in the consulate and another at a CIA installation a mile away that didn't respond immediately to the Ambassador's calls. I suppose that's Obama's fault too?

Orlando, FL

#965705 Aug 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tensing sounds as if Obama trying to take the Fifth on the crisis in Egypt!! First he threw Mubarak under the bus, then he claim Egypt wasn’t an ally, and then he tried to take credit for the Arab Spring sounds as if Obama is in Over his Head!!
I'm convinced now Tenzing confuses himself on purpose.
LCNlin

United States

#965706 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trained my Parrot to say
Benghazi
LCNlin

United States

#965707 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, I would too. But I've learned you have to be careful on here about saying you like a future candidate too soon.
A lot of unforeseen things can happen between now and the primaries. But still, right now, I would too - if it were between the two of them.
Of course, that could change.
47 Percent Solution an excellent example

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#965708 Aug 17, 2013
How close you all came to receiving your pink slips from Bain and Co.

How close you came to realizing Romney thought of you staunch supportors of his as the 47%.

Half the country living in denial.

I'd rather live with a flawed populist president, than one that had contempt for those that are not in his class. I mean the man wouldn't eat a donut from a known clean and popular donut shop.

Hey mental midget

Dallas, TX

#965709 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say it again.
OBAMA should have come off the golf course to address the Egyptian crisis. OBAMA should have been glued to the Navy Seals going in after bin Laden instead of playing cards. OBAMA should have been forthcoming about what he was doing on the night four Americans were attacked and an ambassador died and should have cancelled his campaign fundraiser in Los Vegas the next day to deal with the aftermath. OBAMA should have gotten to the bottom of things as was promised with the IRS targeting and held someone accountable besides one person who was going to retire anyway.
But your childish insults are quite revealing as to your level of maturity. Time to grow up and act like an adult.
Say it all you want. More proof what a bent out of shape partisan ding a ling you come off as!! Just one year ago, Obama was condemned for supporting the Arab Spring uprising that resulted in the nation’s first democratic elections ever. But today the same a-holes (you) are condemning him for not speaking out. What you simpletons fail to realize is that, if Obama were to more vocally advocate on behalf of the protesters, he would give the Morsi government ammunition to dismiss them as pawns of the Great Satan in the United States. But something tells me you're used to this kind of double-speak bullshit. Anything to complain, hm? All symptoms of your intensely serious case of ODS!! You are a total waste of time and bandwidth!! But you are amusing in a tedious sort of way. Speaking of growing up, when you stop whining and stamping your feet each and every time things don't go your way we'll talk. You may resume your chronic whining now MM!!!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965710 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He goes the thread dummy again with pathetic lies.

Special Forces "site security team" in Libya? Did the guy have a name___was he actually in Libya?

The sole purpose of the Benghazi mission was to provide diplomatic cover for the nearby CIA base (annex). We still have no idea why Chris Stephans was in Benghazi that evening, that information remains classified.

And once again doll, David Petreaus was the CIA director at the time and we're not privy to his testimony regarding Benghazi. The CIA people on the ground that evening did not report to the POTUS, the State Department or the US Military. The CIA has no military like chain of command, only the director reports to the POTUS.

DuhWerdtodayizNi ggly

Lexington, KY

#965711 Aug 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure that's what you people talk about at your klan meetings.
Theyz still e havin' them antiquated, dark age meet and greets? Where one dem at...sum us aint never witnessed dat level igno'ance..you be sho' and point us in duh right direction fo' to see one, so'z we kin seez just how dat der stuff beez--- okay there foul stenched hypocrite internal racist?

Location hidden

#965712 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Beck told Barr in that interview he agreed with "nearly everything" Barr stood for and was running on.
There are differences of opinions on certain issues in the Republican party too but it doesn't mean we don't still agree on "nearly everything".
You and Beck apparently had more in common than you knew.
Shocking, I know! You might want to go and lie down for a while.
Most people from both parties would identify with most of the LP platform, its the points of disagreement that are HUGE.

Libertarianism stands on its own merits and stays small in part because libertarians eschew ass-clown antics like those employed by the Becks of the world.

We don't have to make sht up, we can just point to $16 trillion in debt that belongs equally to both parties. We can point to a long history of interventionism and pointless wars owned equally by both parties. We can point to a dismal human rights record owned equally by both parties. We don't have to make sht up, only D/R party hacks have to do that because both their platforms are constructed on lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min 2all 216,509
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,679
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,128
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr PEllen 8,835
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr PEllen 1,659
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr PEllen 6,399
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 60,022
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 hr AngryLeak 102,441
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages