Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431440 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#965743 Aug 17, 2013
Tenzing I figure out where Obama was during those 8 hours Benghazi was under seize play 15 games of Spades with Love and a few others then woke up the following morning and flew to Nevada!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965744 Aug 17, 2013
WowTheBoogieDown wrote:
I mean the man wouldn't eat a donut from a known clean and popular donut shop.
Did not realize that Moochelle had outlawed donuts.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965745 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar. Shame on you.
Anyone can go back a few pages and clearly see what I posted as the post # and what you posted.
I know when you're losing the bigger issue arguments, you love to play these stupid games. But it only shows your desperation in being wrong about everything else.
Ohhh, you should watch calling others liars. When I typed the number into my reply to you I did mistakenly transpose a 2 to a 3. However, post #965628 still doesn't exist on the page I linked:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-lauderda...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#965746 Aug 17, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
He is still the most incompetent clown ever!!!
Egypt's blood is in his hands.
You must consider Obama the most powerful man on earth if you hold him responsible for political disputes in Egypt. Do you think Obama can make it rain?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965747 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Louisiana is owned by the Petro-chemical industry. Only a conscious effort by the electorate can change that.
You're only sidelined from the Demopublican primaries and the point of alternate parties is to NOT vote D or R.
Someday y'all will all see that both parties are criminal organizations only beholdin' to the special interests who fund them. Sure, the Democrats are all for food stamps 'cause they care about the poor. Bull, they're under pressure from Agribusiness and retailers like Walmart and McDonalds.
Save it! As a long time COC member I've met/listened to thousands of pols at state and local levels and some national and IMO they're all liars, some borderline criminals/insane.

As I said previously,(I) and (L) are at a distinct disadvantage in my state__they are mostly removed from the primaries where, in many Florida districts, the action is.

I could vote for a Libertarian candidate if one came along in the general election that filled the bill. Not likely where I live though and I'm not going to skip the primary season where I can vote against right wing scum and teaturds.

There was an opportunity in Louisiana which went from a lady (D) to an unknown, brown,(R) and also in NOLA where the black voters were absent and the white voters are "flexible."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965748 Aug 17, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You must consider Obama the most powerful man on earth if you hold him responsible for political disputes in Egypt. Do you think Obama can make it rain?
POTUS is the most powerful person on Earth, regardless of who occupies the office.

That power requires judgment and responsibility.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965749 Aug 17, 2013
Eastern Shore professors to get bulletproof whiteboards; screw the students

Calling "campus violence a reality" to prepare for, the University of Maryland Eastern Shore announced plans Thursday to spend $60,000 on the Clark Kent of teacher supplies: an innocuous-looking white board that can stop bullets.

The high-tech tablet — which hangs on a hook, measures 18 by 20 inches and comes in pink, blue and green — can be used as a personal shield for professors under attack, according to the company that makes it, and a portable writing pad in quieter times.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#965750 Aug 17, 2013
Race baiters did not help Zimmerman because he was not "Hispanic enough"!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!

Location hidden

#965751 Aug 17, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
That would a surprise to see the market go back up like it was--as it had been SO WAY over inflated for such a LONG, long time...WAY out of sync and way beyond the REAL working class average earnings.
Kinda think your prediction is jusssstt a little dreamland gilded Galt.
Its not going to go back up to where it was for probably decades but it is already steadily appreciating and currently a good investment. Rent returns are at investment levels and will be while the market continues to stabilize. I haven't looked at a full year yet but my Boca house is probably bringing in close to 10% net return.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965752 Aug 17, 2013
McCain, Graham: Suspend Aid To Egypt

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/m...

Israel urges US not to freeze Egypt aid: report

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/09/israe...

Location hidden

#965753 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no call for intervention from the Republican side except from McCain and Graham, two outcasts who speak more for Obama than for the Republican Party.
You don't get to decide who's an outcast and who's the leadership of your party. Currently McCain and Graham are both prominent leaders in the GOP, you own them. Don't blame me your party's all fcked up, I've offered you alternatives. I know you wish Paul was the face of the GOP but the party's a long ways away from that:

"In late July, Paul proposed a Senate amendment to halt the $1.5 billion in promised U.S. aid to Egypt until the military renounces power and allows new elections. He argued that the Foreign Assistance Act barred the transfer of American aid to “any country whose duly elected head of government is deposed by a military coup or decree.”

Paul’s proposal failed dramatically; only 13 senators supported the measure."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/16/cairo-blood...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#965755 Aug 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me something i don't know.
but 'taking a stand'? lying about the cost is taking a stand?
no wonder only 24% of us will admit to being a republican.
They are not lying about the increased cost why do you think employers here in Indiana are dropping their employer sponsered health Insurance and the only ones that wont be paying is the ones that dont pay taxes now and the ones that dont and cant afford to buy health Insurance will be paying too because of the penalty or the fine(Individual Mandate) in Obamacare which is a tax according to the SCOTUS and Yes I am a registered Democrat not a Pseudo Liberal Demcorat.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965756 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
POTUS is the most powerful person on Earth, regardless of who occupies the office.
That power requires judgment and responsibility.
If you see DB...tell he I prefer to read for myself- with my Eyes- Not my ears (because then it just sounds like blahblahblah for duhmmies- the seriously seeing impaired excluded of course ) Argh. Thank you.

Location hidden

#965757 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
by encouraging the original revolution, which was destined to destabilize the country....
It would have been far better to allow Mubarak to grow old and die, probably sooner rather than later.
Y'all can't decide if he's extremely weak or all-powerful, can't have it both ways. His comments didn't start, escalate or in any other way change the outcome. If we had intervened in our usual manner there's no way Morsi would have won and you should know that. That we didn't intervene I see as a bright spot in decades of dismal US foreign policy.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965758 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
The ObamaKKKare legislation contained very specific implementation dates.
Obviously none of your friends are successful enough to feel the ObamaKKKare tax bite.
Bullshit Galt. The nations health care insurance-coverage racket was a behemoth sized Chinese fire drill that had to be fixed yet wasn't by Reagan-BushI-Clinton or BushII, how fkn long do you want to wait?

Get a life fkface, you're on MediCare, sitting at home, you don't fool anyone here.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965759 Aug 17, 2013
Obama blasts Republicans for obstruction to ACA implementation in weekly address

"A lot of Republicans seem to believe that if they can gum up the works and make this law fail, they’ll somehow be sticking it to me. But they’d just be sticking it to you."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/17/1231...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965760 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not going to go back up to where it was for probably decades but it is already steadily appreciating and currently a good investment. Rent returns are at investment levels and will be while the market continues to stabilize. I haven't looked at a full year yet but my Boca house is probably bringing in close to 10% net return.
Only ones I see continue to be nothing but back breaking, life stagnating endless money pits.

Not good.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965761 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Current low interest rates have a significant influence on the real estate market and those rates are bound to increase.
Six Figures

Spring, TX

#965762 Aug 17, 2013

Location hidden

#965763 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like a good plan....
Despite the tragedy of the situation I do see this as another nail in the coffin of political Islam.

The glass is always full, its the air:water ratio that changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ile d Orl... 225,440
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Sublime1 103,604
last post wins! (Apr '13) 12 min honeymylove 1,646
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 21 min GEORGIA 2,057
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 23 min GEORGIA 3,178
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Mothra 61,458
News Bad Axe Throwing, Vegan Vortex, and more things... 51 min former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages