Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496705 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965772 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The correct question was why did we have a consulate and CIA base in Benghazi? What constitutional authority did the Executive branch have to establish and maintain them?
You should probably stick to birth certificates and other such trivial nonsense.
The most likely explanation involves clandestine weapons supplied to the rebels, for use in Libya or elsewhere.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965773 Aug 17, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Only ones I see continue to be nothing but back breaking, life stagnating endless money pits.
Not good.
Well, you do live in Kentucky where the Sterno©'s cheap and love is never more than a 1st cousin away.

Location hidden

#965774 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Current low interest rates have a significant influence on the real estate market and those rates are bound to increase.
Yes they will pulling money out of both equities and real estate markets. We've seen how bad a real estate driven economy can be so its for the best. I hope that between that and technology we'll see an end to the US suburban economic model.

Location hidden

#965775 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain needed help from Sarah Palin to barely save his ass in the 2010 primary. Graham will get the boot in the 2014 primary.
We'll see if this prediction fares as well as your predictions about Romney.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965776 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The correct question was why did we have a consulate and CIA base in Benghazi? What constitutional authority did the Executive branch have to establish and maintain them?
You should probably stick to birth certificates and other such trivial nonsense.
Tensing your question is really irrelevant it’s after the fact the relevant question is ‘Why’ was the request for additional security Denied?

Location hidden

#965777 Aug 17, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship like Obama wanna be.
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty; 1776
From liberty to abundance; (Reagan)
From abundance to complacency; (Bill Clinton womanizer)
From complacency to apathy; (Obamaville)
From apathy to dependence in Obama
From dependence in Obama back into dictatorship.
Are you aware that we are chronologically closer to Cleopatra than she was to Egypt's first Pharoah? By almost a thousand years.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965778 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The most likely explanation involves clandestine weapons supplied to the rebels, for use in Libya or elsewhere.
Which is why BOTH parties are retarded on foreign policy. The only ones with a half a clue are Ron & Rand Paul (except they are too wimpy re: National defense). Its a really simple equation:

ZERO $$ in foreign aid + Zero intervention in other Country's affairs + ZERO interaction with arabs at all = "perfectenschlaag".. ....

Location hidden

#965779 Aug 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tensing your question is really irrelevant it’s after the fact the relevant question is ‘Why’ was the request for additional security Denied?
Not to me it isn't. Aren't you a teabagger? If so it shouldn't be irrelevant to you either.

<yes I know, double negative>
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965780 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to convince you. You're convinced that you're powerless against both parties therefore you can only chose the lesser of two evils.
Do you not see the inherent discontinuity between that and the founding principles of this country? None of their "authority" derives from any constitutional authority. As long as we play along we abet their criminality.
What you're saying is that I've surrendered__maybe so, maybe not so.

By remaining registered as a (R) I'm able to participate (vote) in every race in my district's primaries and then choose whoever I wish in the general elections. I'm a super voter__if there is something that needs voting on I'll be there.

My (I) and (L) friends sit at at home until the general election rolls around and then vote for whoever happens to be on the ballot.

That's not a winning formula__just saying.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965781 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the tragedy of the situation I do see this as another nail in the coffin of political Islam.
The glass is always full, its the air:water ratio that changes.
"Islam" sucks, plain and simple. Not to say there arent a lot of good muslims, but there are just too many radical losers for it to ever be successful/peaceful faction. Sounds a lot like the same vices, downfalls, and travails of the American negro (of which many ARE muslim).....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#965782 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's mistake was to promise people in those countries more than he could deliver.
In Egypt, his biggest mistake was demanding that Mubarak leave office, without any suitable replacement.
Galt understands that you disapprove of our military intervention in Libya. Correct?
In summary, we would be better off if Obama had done nothing.
But the best is yet to come in Syria.
Unless you give him a free pass for incompetence just because he is black?
Two big mistakes Galt makes although there are too many other mistakes to mention. 1. President Obama is not the leader of Egypt , but our own American head of state and there wasn't any 'promises' he made if Mubarak was overthrown. 2. President Obama had nothing to do with Mubarak or Morsi's removal , but the Egyptian military did make that choice for the Egyptian people rather than risk too much democratic turmoil and political change.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965783 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain needed help from Sarah Palin to barely save his ass in the 2010 primary. Graham will get the boot in the 2014 primary.
We cant WAIT to get rid of McCan here in AZ. He's had an illustrious career, but should have been gone 15 years ago. Just like most athletes, he couldnt let go when the well was dry...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#965784 Aug 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is a ridiculous one because requests for security wasn't denied , unless you mean the denial by Congress to provide the full funding requests made by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to strengthen U S embassy security six months before the Benghazi attack. Is that the denial of security that you are asking about? I suggest that you go ask Darrell Issa that question.

Location hidden

#965785 Aug 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What you're saying is that I've surrendered__maybe so, maybe not so.
By remaining registered as a (R) I'm able to participate (vote) in every race in my district's primaries and then choose whoever I wish in the general elections. I'm a super voter__if there is something that needs voting on I'll be there.
My (I) and (L) friends sit at at home until the general election rolls around and then vote for whoever happens to be on the ballot.
That's not a winning formula__just saying.
Is your goal to win or to elect the best government?

Really, was Romney your guy in '12?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965787 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to me it isn't. Aren't you a teabagger? If so it shouldn't be irrelevant to you either.
<yes I know, double negative>
Tensing what’s with the Teabagger Stuff?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#965788 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
POTUS is the most powerful person on Earth, regardless of who occupies the office.
That power requires judgment and responsibility.
Blaming Obama for what's going on in Egypt is pretty far out there, even for you. Surely you aren't suggesting Obama is responsible, are you?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965790 Aug 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Your question is a ridiculous one because requests for security wasn't denied , unless you mean the denial by Congress to provide the full funding requests made by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to strengthen U S embassy security six months before the Benghazi attack. Is that the denial of security that you are asking about? I suggest that you go ask Darrell Issa that question.
Front….The problem with your argument is Lamb was asked whether there was "any budget consideration and lack of budget" which played into the number of people assigned for security at the Benghazi consulate. Lamb's answer: "No’ I know how Facts are Liberals worst enemy!!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965791 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your goal to win or to elect the best government?
Really, was Romney your guy in '12?
No, although he was in the 08 (R) primary.

In both general elections I chose Obama however.

In local elections, where the turnouts are smaller each vote gains importance particularly in school board races and city councils where teaturds and religious freaks can really cause problems.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#965792 Aug 17, 2013
Tennessee: 5 pillars of Islam replace 10 Commandments of GOD in public school, tolerance reigns supreme

It is evident that now the only religion allowed to express their religion and political clout in Our public schools are the Muslims and the teachings of Islam....

http://bradleycountynews.wordpress.com/2013/0...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965793 Aug 17, 2013
more right wing crazy....

Oregon's GOP Chair Wants to Sprinkle Nuclear Waste From Airplanes

After months of in-fighting, the beleaguered Oregon Republican Party elected a new chairman last weekend. His name is Art Robinson, and he wants to sprinkle radioactive waste from airplanes to build up our resistance to degenerative illnesses. Robinson, who unsuccessfully ran for Congress against progressive Rep. Peter DeFazio in 2010 and 2012, took over after the previous chair resigned in advance of a recall campaign over her alleged financial mismanagement.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/08/orego...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 237,228
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 10,333
IT'S Really really true, nancy pelosi............ 5 hr HasALargePenis 10
The Mexicans stay home 5 hr More-Truth NoLies 24
Review: Skydiving In Chicago 7 hr Bjohns 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Ashley 63,269
News Off-duty Cook County correctional officer shot ... 11 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages