Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1224967 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#965187 Aug 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan had a working ranch, Rancho Del Cielo, where he had an office and could respond to any national situation if necessary.
George Bush had a working ranch, Prairie Chapel Ranch, where he, too, had an office and could respond to any national situation.
Reagan, Clinton and both Bush's retreated to Camp David often. Don't recall Obama going there much.
Obama would never want to live in Chicago with a working office.
So he goes to resorts and takes his entire entourage of staffers with him. Finding a place to actually perform the duties of the presidency if necessary isn't as easy on the golf course or in the middle of the Grand Canyon or on the beaches in Hawaii.
I am fed up with your lies and deceit, go bother someone else. You are just another troll.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#965188 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
the problem for you birthers is....sane conservatives.
PDF Layers in Obamaís Birth Certificate
We have received several e-mails today calling into question the validity of the PDF that the White House released, namely that there are embedded layers in the document. There are now several other people on the case. We looked into it and dismissed it.
The PDF is composed of multiple images. Thatís correct. Using a photo editor or PDF viewer of your choice, you can extract this image data, view it, hide it, etc. But these layers, as theyíre being called, arenít layers in the traditional photo-editing sense of the word. They are, quite literally, pieces of image data that have been positioned in a PDF container. They appear as text but also contain glyphs, dots, lines, boxes, squiggles, and random garbage. Theyíre not combined or merged in any way. Quite simply, they look like they were created programmatically, not by a human.
Whatís plausible is that somewhere along the way ó from the scanning device to the PDF-creation software, both of which can perform OCR (optical character recognition)ó these partial/pseudo-text images were created and saved. Whatís not plausible is that the government spent all this time manufacturing Obamaís birth certificate only to commit the laughably rookie mistake of exporting the layers from Photoshop, or whatever photo editing software they are meant to have used. Itís likely that whoever scanned the birth certificate in Hawaii forgot to turn off the OCR setting on the scanner. Letís leave it at that.
UPDATE: Iíve confirmed that scanning an image, converting it to a PDF, optimizing that PDF, and then opening it up in Illustrator, does in fact create layers similar to what is seen in the birth certificate PDF. You can try it yourself at home.
UPDATE II: For those of you who still arenít convinced, hereís a one-page PDF that I just scanned and optimized, so you can see for yourself that an optimized PDF shows up in Illustrator as layers.(I didnít spend hours getting the settings right.)
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265767/p...
Multiple layers are not edit layers, dufus. If you use a scanner, you do not get the edit layers.
And, I noticed you didn't mention that the borders of the edit layers are coincident with evidence of obvious fraud, such as the half of the signature being obviously generated by a computer beginning exactly where one of the edit layers begins.

And, now, the document number being out of sequence with other people born on the date referenced in the "birth certificate".
Comments?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965189 Aug 16, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane Fonda plays Nancy in the upcoming film,
Ironic
Jane Fonda getting ANY work these days is the true definition of "irony".....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965191 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd think after 5 years of it going nowhere they'd give it up.
but it does make one wonder about the real motive behind it. they have nothing, so why continue?
Medicare Part D not giving away enough Proza?
There are a lot of weird discrepancies, but I agree the birther issue is a dead one at this point.......

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#965192 Aug 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Makes sense, blacks only make up about 13%of the population. I think we've seen the last Republican president for awhile too.
And, we no longer have a democracy, with the voting machines being programmed to steal votes.
We will eventually fight over that.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965193 Aug 16, 2013
Prediction still the same in that weird Anderson case in California; I am betting that young girl willingly entered into some kind of sick relationship with her now-dead "abductor". WAY too many weird actions and discrepancies........
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965194 Aug 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I am fed up with your lies and deceit, go bother someone else. You are just another troll.
Homo, dont be such a......... well, "crybaby phag".

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965195 Aug 16, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>There is a planned day of rage by the Mo Bro hood. Isn't that the plan O'bama had when O'bama and the democrats supported the Ahab spring? just sayin'.
It's really a mess there. Watching the footage right now.

But if there's a silver lining to Obama's lack of leadership domestically and globally, it might be the rest of the world realizing we weren't so bad, after all, being the peacekeepers.

Perhaps it would be better to let the world solve their own problems or go down in flames, whichever comes first. Perhaps not. Don't know.

I do know though - whether we or the rest of the world likes it or not - there will be a backlash affecting everyone without some kind of stability soon in the Middle East. How that happens is anyone's guess. Our enemies might just kill each other off for us. Or not. There are no crystal balls. But we aren't immune to the outcome whatever it may be, regardless of what libertarians want to believe on their isolationism platform.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965196 Aug 16, 2013
Navy Corpseman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,she has a real birth certificate,a drivers license,a real S.S.card from her birther State,real schoooo records,and became wealthy on her own!
lol! Then you must have seen something voters haven't son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965197 Aug 16, 2013
Waxman wrote:
"The National Security Agency has overstepped its authority and broken privacy rules thousands of times every year since being given new surveillance powers by Congress in 2008, The Washington Post reported, citing an internal audit and other secret documents."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/16/ns...
Gee! Wonder what happened to all that uproar from Democrats about the Patriot Act?
Gee! Wonder what happened to all that uproar from Democrats about the price of gasoline
Gee! Wonder what happened to all that uproar from Democrats about GITMO?
Gee! Wonder what happened to all that uproar from Democrats about the Wars?
Gee! Wonder what happened to all that uproar from Democrats about Halliburton?
Gee! Wonder what happened to all that uproar from Democrats about lobbyists?
Good thing you're not American, eh son?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#965198 Aug 16, 2013
Woodlands Waterway wrote:
After Obama's term is over, maybe he can grow a beard and move to Monroe, Louisiana with the Robertsons. Of course, one of the conspiracy theorists would try to say he was the father of Willie Robertson, Jr. because they have similar skin tones.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/0...
Michael got bangs. Maybe her husband should consider a beard.
I'm right around the corner from you right now.
How about lunch at Grimaldi's? I'll buy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#965199 Aug 16, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane Fonda plays Nancy in the upcoming film,
Ironic
The Butler, opens today!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965200 Aug 16, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
lol! Cons keep repeating that since it requires no thought processes!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965201 Aug 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like I made it through the last four. One day at a time.
Like the Kris Kristofferson's song goes:
One day at a time, sweet Jesus,
That's all I'm askin' from you.
Just give me the strength
To do every day what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus,
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord, help me today, show me the way.
One day at a time.
Yep, that's how I'll make it through another 3 years.
Don't have any other choice. And just hoping and praying Americans realize their mistake the last two times.
The best thing that could happen to America would be a total collapse, complete anarchy, and then to rise up as a stronger Nation based once again ONLY on the Constitution. Too many bloodsuckers for it to thrive in its current state.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965202 Aug 16, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama admitted he was incompetent to run. When asked if he would run for precedence he reply "I believe you should know what you are doing when applying for a job"!
Reagan was already a governor, like Sarah Palin, he knew what he was doing.
Obama show up at legislation only 100 times.
No matter how much you twist history, Obama is a nobody next to Reagan, the land slide winner Obama could never beat and Liberals wish he did!!!
So is the Liberals desire to pretend that Obama was a land slide that they see numbers where there are NONE!!!
They add the Internet as a last vain attempt to lie to themselves!!!
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
M
lol! Palin quit.

Obviously, cons like quitters!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#965203 Aug 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I am fed up with your lies and deceit, go bother someone else. You are just another troll.
She's become chairman of the liars club.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#965204 Aug 16, 2013
LILY THINKS HER OBAMA SUPPORT MAKES HER THE QUEEN OF THE PLANTATION AND THE BLACKS SHOULD BE HAPPY TO FAn HER OR BE HER BED WARMERS lolololhahahaha OH LILY YOU SO CRA CRA obamaaaaaaaaaaaa you wait till he is gone and you go back to being white lololololhahahaha ok do your patty hearst thing now what you gonna do when he gone and your blackness fall away hahahahaha patty hearst

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#965205 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so present us with the proof that it's fraudulent.
just don't try to use any non-expert 'expert' testimony from one of the 200 birther court cases that have failed to go anywhere.
I've got an idea. How about doing what the so-called birfers want and submit that fraudulent document as evidence in a cour case, instead of Obama's lawyers saying anything to avoid doing that, like in New Jersey when the argument they used was "Obama should be on the ballot because, in New Jersey, Mickey Mouse can be on the ballot."

As long as that obviously fraudulent document is on the White House website, it's just propaganda. If it is ever submitted as evidence in any court room, a felony will have been committed.
Is that the real reason Obama's lawyers say and do anything to avoid complying with what the so-called "birfers" want and have that obviously fraudulent document submitted as evidence of Obama's eligibility? Is it because they know it's fraudulent and they know they will be sent to prison if they submit it?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965206 Aug 16, 2013
Ok leftist phags, time for the morning edition of "learnin ta spell wit jentel".

The word for this morning is "nacho". Now, lets use it in a sentence:

"that nacho purple drank, that mine"!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965207 Aug 16, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
And Reagan won by a land slide!!!
Obama is nothing next to Reagan.
In the mean time: Liberals tell themselves Obama won by a land slide in a feeble attempt to rewrite history.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
lol! bushie boy did even win the popular vote. He needed help from his party and his family to get elected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min JRB 188,002
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min IBdaMann 53,074
Dear Abby 5-6-15 2 hr Julie 6
Ask Amy 5-6-15 8 hr Mister Tonka 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 9 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 9 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]