Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404027 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

WOW

New York, NY

#965370 Aug 16, 2013
a new bid to recruit students to work at universities as “covert units,” posting messages on social networking websites on behalf of Obama regime will be part of the “public diplomacy” arm of Govt

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965371 Aug 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I would have predicted that Sonicfilter would decimate DBWriter in their Obama birth certificate argument the way he has.
Don't think the birth certificate really matters. Obamacare is going to be the true test of his legitimacy as a president...and/or his legacy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965372 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has been conducting "outrages" since they assumed power and invalidated their new constitution. Democracy never happened.
i pretty sure if 600 Christians had been killed in one day we would have heard about it.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965373 Aug 16, 2013
Clashes kill 70 (so far) in Egypt today as Islamists continue to protest.

What on earth are these folks trying to accomplish?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965374 Aug 16, 2013
Hey mental midget wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ODS is getting the best of you. You really do look like a certified nitwit!!!
Obama has taken 87 days off since his first inauguration, and at the comparable point in George W. Bush's presidency, Obama's Republican predecessor had taken 399 days off. Remember this chart?
http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesi...
Now shadduppayourmouth.
George W. Bush: The War President is Missing in Action

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
WOW

New York, NY

#965375 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
National Review’s Awful Egypt Editorial
The editors at National Review want the U.S. to fully back the Egyptian military in its “war” with the Muslim Brotherhood:
But the military’s horrific violence yesterday does not alter the U.S.’s calculus. The Muslim Brotherhood and the military government are now at war, and the latter remains the best hope for securing American interests and, ultimately, a free Egypt. We should therefore continue our financial and matériel support for the Egyptian military and maintain as close a relationship as possible to push the government toward our objectives.
Egypt is wracked by serious violence, but it has thankfully not yet succumbed to civil war. Cavalierly talking about what is happening in Egypt in these terms is foolish, and it suggests that the authors have a perverse desire to help the Egyptian military stoke an armed conflict in Egypt. It’s as if they looked at what Assad did to Syria and said,“Yes, let’s help the Egyptian army do that to their country!” Whatever else might come from such a conflict, it won’t be a “free Egypt.”
The NR editors find the violence earlier this week to be “horrific,” but their preferred policy ensures not only that there will be more of it, but that the U.S. will be actively supporting the most heavily-armed side as it commits new outrages. Instead of distancing the U.S. from the crackdown in Egypt, they would like Washington to be a full partner in it. That means having “as close a relationship as possible” with the government that just committed what is by some accounts the worst one-day massacre of civilian protesters by government forces since Tiananmen. It’s true that the U.S. has had close ties with many brutal authoritarian regimes over the decades, and occasionally they may have been necessary to protect U.S. security interests, but that argument doesn’t work in this case. The current relationship with Egypt has become a liability that the U.S. doesn’t need, and it ought to change.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
“We will get authoritative information out and make sure it goes viral,” the official further added.“We won’t leave negative stories out there online without a response, and we will spread positive messages. What we are doing is revolutionary. We are putting public diplomacy in the hands of the public.”



govt to recruit students as undercover agents on social media
lolololololhahahahahahahahahah lololololhahahahah

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965376 Aug 16, 2013
Hey mental midget wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ODS is getting the best of you. You really do look like a certified nitwit!!!
Obama has taken 87 days off since his first inauguration, and at the comparable point in George W. Bush's presidency, Obama's Republican predecessor had taken 399 days off. Remember this chart?
http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesi...
Now shadduppayourmouth.
He should have come off the golf course to address the Egyptian crisis instead of Kerry having to do it for him.

He should have been glued to the Navy Seals going in after bin Laden instead of coming off the golf course in time to see it and played cards because it was too "intense".

He should have been forthcoming about what he was doing on the night four Americans were attacked and an ambassador died and should have cancelled his campaign fundraiser in Los Vegas the next day to deal with the aftermath.

He should have gotten to the bottom of things as was promised with the IRS targeting and held someone accountable besides one person who was going to retire anyway.

He can play golf and go on vacations anytime he wants to as long as he acts like a leader the rest of the time.

(Just curious. How do you know what I look like?)
WOW

New York, NY

#965377 Aug 16, 2013
FUNNY OBAMA IS THE ONLY POLITICIAN TO HAVE THE BIRTHER PROBLEM NO OTHER POLITICIAN BLACK WHITE JAPANESE LATINO HAS EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM SO THE QUESTION IS not RACE BASED IT IS FACT BASED OBAMA is a fraud BLACKS DESTROYED HERMAN CAINE AS IF HE WAS NOT BLACK BECAUSE LIBERAL SUBURBAN DEMOCRATS SAID HE AS A UNCLE TOM who will they tell you is the NEXT BLACK PRESIDENT lolololololhahahahahahahahaha NONE
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965378 Aug 16, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>“We will get authoritative information out and make sure it goes viral,” the official further added.“We won’t leave negative stories out there online without a response, and we will spread positive messages. What we are doing is revolutionary. We are putting public diplomacy in the hands of the public.”
govt to recruit students as undercover agents on social media
lolololololhahahahahahahahahah lololololhahahahah
somehow different from Bush paying journalists to advance his agenda?

or having right wing talking heads come to the WH so he could try to convince them to quit saying bad things about him?
WOW

New York, NY

#965379 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush: The War President is Missing in Action
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
OBAMA IS THE WAR PRESIDENT NOW lolololhahahahaha
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965380 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any rational person need high-speed rail to travel 85 miles?
The California line from nowhere to nowhere will never be built because the cost to extend the line to LA and SF would be astronomical.
Not to mention low-cost competition from Southwest Airlines.
In Florida, it would have been an interesting, toe in the water type experiment used by all grades of persons for all grades of reasons.

The distance and route eliminated 99.999% of the for passengers, making the boondoggle project also a desirable one in a someone has to eat the first oyster kinda way.

You can't fk up in step two before you fk up in step one___correct?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965381 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush: The War President is Missing in Action
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
That War President made it possible for the next War President to take credit for finding bin Laden.
WOW

New York, NY

#965382 Aug 16, 2013
FOR THE SUBURBAN LIBERALS OBAMA IS JUST ANOTHER ANGIELINA JOLIE ADOPTED BABY FROM AFRICA lolololhahahah thats why they need to keep proving his birth hahahahahahahah who he went to JHS with his history starts when he is in his twenties hahahahahahahalololololol WHICH HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAM DID HE PLAY FOR hahahahwhere is his teammates and WHY DID THEY SILENCE HIS WHITE 1st COUSIN THE DOCTOR WHO STARTED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH AND GOT THREATENED with death and worst to shut up lololololhahahahahGESTAPO style
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965383 Aug 16, 2013
Should read 99.999% of the risk for passengers.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965384 Aug 16, 2013
So who on here REALLY thinks the Democrats and Obama will survive Obamacare come next November?

Show of hands.
WOW

New York, NY

#965385 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
somehow different from Bush paying journalists to advance his agenda?
or having right wing talking heads come to the WH so he could try to convince them to quit saying bad things about him?
hahahalololololWHEN YOU THROW A STONE IN THE PIG PEN THE PIG THAT SQUEELS THE LOUDEST FEELS IT THE MOST

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#965386 Aug 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That War President made it possible for the next War President to take credit for finding bin Laden.
Really? And yet that is the ONLY thing this Kenyan can claim he has done. Because, hey, he did it all by himself right? Even though the average business owner didn't build "that" on their own, Obama was able to fins Bin Laden all by himself!
Hey mental midget

Dallas, TX

#965387 Aug 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have come off the golf course to address the Egyptian crisis instead of Kerry having to do it for him.
He should have been glued to the Navy Seals going in after bin Laden instead of coming off the golf course in time to see it and played cards because it was too "intense".
He should have been forthcoming about what he was doing on the night four Americans were attacked and an ambassador died and should have cancelled his campaign fundraiser in Los Vegas the next day to deal with the aftermath.
He should have gotten to the bottom of things as was promised with the IRS targeting and held someone accountable besides one person who was going to retire anyway.
He can play golf and go on vacations anytime he wants to as long as he acts like a leader the rest of the time.
(Just curious. How do you know what I look like?)
And you should have quit while you were ahead. How long have you been in this feverish stupor? Five years of hand wringing, pearl clutching and foaming at the mouth has taken it's toll. You are now a certified nitwit. But by all means continue, it's amusing in a boring sort of way.

If I had to guess what you look like I'd say fat and dumpy wearing a moo-moo as anyone who has spent the last 5 years grinding out a river of relentless complaints has got to be one huge waste of flesh. Get a life lady before you start to take on the characteristics of an angry and impotent Jaba the Hutt.

Look up mental midget nitwit.
WOW

New York, NY

#965388 Aug 16, 2013
EVERYONE USES BUSHES WRONGS TO MAKE OBAMAS WRONGS RIGHT when the NEXT WHITE PRESIDENT SINCE THERE ARE NO OTHER BLACK POLITICIANS IN AMERICA THAT CAN RUN FOR THE OFFICE WILL THEY BLAME OBAMAS LAWS WHEN THEY ARE USED AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NDAA2012 MAINLY BLACKS AS DOMESTIC TERRORISTS BECAUSE CRIME WILL BECOME THE EXCUSE USED THATS WHY THEY LET THEM RUN WILD IN CHITOWN lolololololhahahahahah they still HIGH ON THE OBAMA COOLAIDE hahahahahahahahathey cry RACISM ON REPUBLICANS lololololONLY REPUBLICANS ARE RACISTS hahahahahahahahah nice times are coming in AMERICA woooohooooo 1st BLACK PRESIDENT yeaaaaaaa
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965389 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any rational person need high-speed rail to travel 85 miles?
The California line from nowhere to nowhere will never be built because the cost to extend the line to LA and SF would be astronomical.
Not to mention low-cost competition from Southwest Airlines.
lol! You sound like Thomas Edison advocating for DC on a national scale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Dale 219,460
Oceans Gentlemen's Club. A totally awesome, er... 7 hr Strip club man 1
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 10 hr Kayla Phillips 751
Rating girls 10 hr Habsm22 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658
Obama to head Mosque in City, 11 hr Sis Marian Roberta 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 hr honeymylove 2,271
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr Sublime1 103,130

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages