Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783933 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965757 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
by encouraging the original revolution, which was destined to destabilize the country....
It would have been far better to allow Mubarak to grow old and die, probably sooner rather than later.
Y'all can't decide if he's extremely weak or all-powerful, can't have it both ways. His comments didn't start, escalate or in any other way change the outcome. If we had intervened in our usual manner there's no way Morsi would have won and you should know that. That we didn't intervene I see as a bright spot in decades of dismal US foreign policy.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965758 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
The ObamaKKKare legislation contained very specific implementation dates.
Obviously none of your friends are successful enough to feel the ObamaKKKare tax bite.
Bullshit Galt. The nations health care insurance-coverage racket was a behemoth sized Chinese fire drill that had to be fixed yet wasn't by Reagan-BushI-Clinton or BushII, how fkn long do you want to wait?

Get a life fkface, you're on MediCare, sitting at home, you don't fool anyone here.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965759 Aug 17, 2013
Obama blasts Republicans for obstruction to ACA implementation in weekly address

"A lot of Republicans seem to believe that if they can gum up the works and make this law fail, they’ll somehow be sticking it to me. But they’d just be sticking it to you."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/17/1231...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#965760 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not going to go back up to where it was for probably decades but it is already steadily appreciating and currently a good investment. Rent returns are at investment levels and will be while the market continues to stabilize. I haven't looked at a full year yet but my Boca house is probably bringing in close to 10% net return.
Only ones I see continue to be nothing but back breaking, life stagnating endless money pits.

Not good.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965761 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not going to go back up to where it was for probably decades but it is already steadily appreciating and currently a good investment. Rent returns are at investment levels and will be while the market continues to stabilize. I haven't looked at a full year yet but my Boca house is probably bringing in close to 10% net return.
Current low interest rates have a significant influence on the real estate market and those rates are bound to increase.
Six Figures

Spring, TX

#965762 Aug 17, 2013

Location hidden

#965763 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like a good plan....
Despite the tragedy of the situation I do see this as another nail in the coffin of political Islam.

The glass is always full, its the air:water ratio that changes.

Location hidden

#965764 Aug 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
Tenzing I figure out where Obama was during those 8 hours Benghazi was under seize play 15 games of Spades with Love and a few others then woke up the following morning and flew to Nevada!!
So? The correct question was why did we have a consulate and CIA base in Benghazi? What constitutional authority did the Executive branch have to establish and maintain them?

You should probably stick to birth certificates and other such trivial nonsense.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965765 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to decide who's an outcast and who's the leadership of your party. Currently McCain and Graham are both prominent leaders in the GOP, you own them. Don't blame me your party's all fcked up, I've offered you alternatives. I know you wish Paul was the face of the GOP but the party's a long ways away from that:
"In late July, Paul proposed a Senate amendment to halt the $1.5 billion in promised U.S. aid to Egypt until the military renounces power and allows new elections. He argued that the Foreign Assistance Act barred the transfer of American aid to “any country whose duly elected head of government is deposed by a military coup or decree.”
Paul’s proposal failed dramatically; only 13 senators supported the measure."
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/16/cairo-blood...
McCain needed help from Sarah Palin to barely save his ass in the 2010 primary. Graham will get the boot in the 2014 primary.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965766 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all can't decide if he's extremely weak or all-powerful, can't have it both ways. His comments didn't start, escalate or in any other way change the outcome. If we had intervened in our usual manner there's no way Morsi would have won and you should know that. That we didn't intervene I see as a bright spot in decades of dismal US foreign policy.
Galt disagrees with you with respect to Obama helping to precipitate the revolution, but agrees that avoiding military intervention was a plus.

Location hidden

#965767 Aug 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Save it! As a long time COC member I've met/listened to thousands of pols at state and local levels and some national and IMO they're all liars, some borderline criminals/insane.
As I said previously,(I) and (L) are at a distinct disadvantage in my state__they are mostly removed from the primaries where, in many Florida districts, the action is.
I could vote for a Libertarian candidate if one came along in the general election that filled the bill. Not likely where I live though and I'm not going to skip the primary season where I can vote against right wing scum and teaturds.
There was an opportunity in Louisiana which went from a lady (D) to an unknown, brown,(R) and also in NOLA where the black voters were absent and the white voters are "flexible."
I'm not going to convince you. You're convinced that you're powerless against both parties therefore you can only chose the lesser of two evils.

Do you not see the inherent discontinuity between that and the founding principles of this country? None of their "authority" derives from any constitutional authority. As long as we play along we abet their criminality.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#965768 Aug 17, 2013
A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship like Obama wanna be.

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty; 1776
From liberty to abundance; (Reagan)
From abundance to complacency; (Bill Clinton womanizer)
From complacency to apathy; (Obamaville)
From apathy to dependence in Obama
From dependence in Obama back into dictatorship.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965769 Aug 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit Galt. The nations health care insurance-coverage racket was a behemoth sized Chinese fire drill that had to be fixed yet wasn't by Reagan-BushI-Clinton or BushII, how fkn long do you want to wait?
Get a life fkface, you're on MediCare, sitting at home, you don't fool anyone here.
The existing system worked fine for all but those who wanted free lunch.

If you were paying the ObamaKKKare tax, you would be pissed off as well.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#965770 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain needed help from Sarah Palin to barely save his ass in the 2010 primary. Graham will get the boot in the 2014 primary.
True
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965771 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the tragedy of the situation I do see this as another nail in the coffin of political Islam.
The glass is always full, its the air:water ratio that changes.
tragic, but unavoidable...

Things may get much, much worse before they get better, testing our ability to avoid involvement.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965772 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The correct question was why did we have a consulate and CIA base in Benghazi? What constitutional authority did the Executive branch have to establish and maintain them?
You should probably stick to birth certificates and other such trivial nonsense.
The most likely explanation involves clandestine weapons supplied to the rebels, for use in Libya or elsewhere.

Location hidden

#965773 Aug 17, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Only ones I see continue to be nothing but back breaking, life stagnating endless money pits.
Not good.
Well, you do live in Kentucky where the Sterno©'s cheap and love is never more than a 1st cousin away.

Location hidden

#965774 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Current low interest rates have a significant influence on the real estate market and those rates are bound to increase.
Yes they will pulling money out of both equities and real estate markets. We've seen how bad a real estate driven economy can be so its for the best. I hope that between that and technology we'll see an end to the US suburban economic model.

Location hidden

#965775 Aug 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll see if this prediction fares as well as your predictions about Romney.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965776 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Tensing your question is really irrelevant it’s after the fact the relevant question is ‘Why’ was the request for additional security Denied?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More cost-effective than a wall... 16 min BSBBS 4
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 29 min MPMMB 2,670
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Zxq_qxZ 243,603
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 32 min MPMMB 171
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min MPMMB 12,420
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 34 min MPMMB 3,927
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 46 min MPMMB 1,150

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages