Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964613 Aug 15, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The lies over at Fox News aside, Hillary has had a great year and is a lock to win in 2016 no matter how much you try and talk yourself out of it.
Hopefully her presidency will be like her husband's 8 years of peace and prosperity.
Until the Republicans can come up with someone that wants to govern the entire populace it's probably best to keep them out of the White House.
And trust me Homer would love to vote for a Republican for president in 2016.
Hillary would have a better chance to win a general election than to win the DemoKKKrat nomination, which will be decided by Obama.

Does Homer actually think Obama will select Hillary?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964614 Aug 15, 2013
It's odd that any President of the United States wouldn't know his own birthday was three weeks away and not "next week".

Unless he can't keep all the "facts" about his own past straight in his head.

His past is a jigsaw puzzle and seems he has trouble himself putting all the pieces together.

He thought he was born after the march in Selma in 1965 too. His mother was already married to another man and he was 4.

We have no idea who this man really is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964615 Aug 15, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>AS I SAID LIBERAL SUBURBAN RACISTS BIGOT AHOLE I like BLACK PEOPLE WHY because they are BLACK so YOU ARE SOME KIND OF TOM 1/2 injun 1/2 SEMIHOLE walking around hugging BLACKS do that in COMPTON,EAST NEW YORK, NEWARK, DETROIT, CHITOWN MAKE A VIDEO POST IT ON YOU TUBE so you like BLACK people what about INDIANS dont you like THEM YOU SAID YOU ARE A 1/2 a SEMENHOLE speak about INDIAN RIGHTS TALK ABOUT YOUR PEOPLES LAND TALK ABOUT YOUR HISTORY BLACK PEOPLE DONT NEED YOU WE DONT NEED YOUR SUPPORT go save the buffolos BLACKS HAVE LESS INDIAN BLOOD IN THEM THAN WHITES LIKE YOU
yes, i hug every black musician who gives me money to remix their rap songs. but they're paying me big money so i think a hug or 2 is in order.

as for Indian rights....haul your lily white back over to Europe and then we'll talk.

Orlando, FL

#964616 Aug 15, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
World Nut Daily -- The Birther's friend.
Name two Republican Senators who are birthers
LOL
Precisely why I looked for another source.

You'll believe anything you want to believe - even a lie. Sad.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#964617 Aug 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to see every bull rider and every rodeo clown wear an Obama mask.
"I ain't got a dime. But, what I got is mine.
I ain't rich. But, Lord, I'm free."
Ask Tuffy Gessling if that is still true.
Hadn't ever heard that one DB...that's a pretty darn good one :-).

Orlando, FL

#964618 Aug 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There were two clowns, one wearing the Obama mask the other mic'd up and providing commentary. Do you know which was which?
Do you know which state fair official made the decision that banned only one of the clowns from the MO state state fair?
Do I even care?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964619 Aug 15, 2013
BUSH+ OBAMA = FRAUD I am always amazed when someone says:“I haven’t done anything wrong. I have nothing to fear.” If you have nothing to fear from the government, why did the Founding Fathers put the protections in the Constitution that Bush and Obama have stripped out?
Unlike the Founding Fathers who designed our government to protect the citizens, the American sheeple trust the government to their own demise.
Glenn Greenwald recently explained how the mass of data that is being accumulated on every American is being mined for any signs of non-terrorist-related criminal behavior. As such warrantless searches are illegal evidence in a criminal trial, the authorities disguise the illegal way in which the evidence is obtained in order to secure conviction based on illegally obtained evidence.
In other words, the use of the surveillance justified by the “war on terror” has already spread into prosecutions of ordinary criminals where it has corrupted legal safeguards and the integrity, if any, of the criminal court system, prosecutors and judges.
This is just one of the many ways in which you have much to fear, whether you think you are doing anything wrong or not. You can be framed for crimes based on inferences drawn from your Internet activity and jokes with friends on social media. Jurors made paranoid by the “terrorist threat” will convict you.
We should be very suspicious of the motive behind the universal spying on US citizens. The authorities are aware that the terrorist threat does not justify the unconstitutional and illegal spying. There have been hardly any real terrorist events in the US, which is why the FBI has to find clueless people around whom to organize an FBI orchestrated plot in order to keep the “terrorist threat” alive in the public’s mind. At last count, there have been 150 “sting operations” in which the FBI recruits people, who are out of touch with reality, to engage in a well-paid FBI designed plot. Once the dupes agree, they are arrested as terrorists and the plot revealed, always with the accompanying statement that the public was never in any danger as the FBI was in control.
When 99 percent of all terrorism is organized by the FBI, why do we need NSA spying on every communication of every American and people in the rest of the world?
Terrorism seldom comes from outside. The source almost always is the government in power. The Czarist secret police set off bombs in order to blame and arrest labor agitators. The Nazis burned down the Reichstag in order to decimate the communists and assume unaccountable power in the name of “public safety.” An alleged terrorist threat is a way of using fear to block popular objection to the exercise of arbitrary government power.
In order to be “safe from terrorists,” the US population, with few objections, has accepted the demise of their civil liberties, such as habeas corpus, which reaches back centuries to Magna Carta as a constraint on government power. How, then, are they safe from their government? Americans today are in the same position as the English prior to the Great Charter of 1215. Americans are no longer protected by law and the Constitution from government tyranny.
The reason the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution was to make citizens safe from their government. If citizens allow the government to take away the Constitution, they might be safe from foreign terrorists, but they are no longer safe from their government.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964620 Aug 15, 2013
OBAMA THE DISTRACTION AND HE LIES Who do you think has more power over you, foreign terrorists or “your” government?
Washington defines all resistance to its imperialism and tyranny as “terrorism.” Thus, Americans who defend the environment, who defend wildlife, who defend civil liberties and human rights, who protest Washington’s wars and robbery of the people in behalf of special interests, all become “domestic extremists,” the term Homeland Security has substituted for “terrorist.” Those who are out of step with Washington and the powerful private interests that exploit us, other peoples, and the earth for their profits and power fall into the wrong side of Bush’s black and white division of the world:“you are for us or against us.”
In the United States independent thought is on the verge of being criminalized as are constitutionally guaranteed protests and the freedom of the press. The constitutional principle of freedom of speech is being redefined as treason, as aiding an undefined enemy, and as seeking to overthrow the government by casting aspersions on its motives and revealing its secret misdeeds. The power-mad inhabitants of Washington have brought the US so close to Gestapo Germany and Stalinist Russia that it is no longer funny. Indeed, it is sometimes difficult to see the difference.
The neoconservatives have declared that Americans are the “exceptional” and “indispensable people.” Yet, the civil liberties of Americans have declined the more “exceptional” and “indispensable” that Americans become. We are now so exceptional and indispensable that we no longer have any rights.
And neither does the rest of the world. Neoconservatism has created a new dangerous American nationalism. Neoconservatives have given Washington a monopoly on right and endowed its military aggressions with a morality that supersedes the Geneva Conventions and human rights. Washington, justified by its “exceptionalism,” has the right to attack populations in countries with which Washington is not at war, such as Pakistan and Yemen. Washington is using the cover of its “exceptionalism” to murder people in many countries. Hitler tried to market the exceptionalism of the German people, but he lacked Washington’s Madison Avenue skills.
Washington is always morally right, whatever it does, and those who report its crimes are traitors who, stripped of their coddling by civil liberties, are locked away and abused until they confess to their crimes against the state. Anyone who tells the truth, such as Bradley Manning, Julian Assange, and Edward Snowden, are branded enemies of the state and are ruthlessly persecuted.
How does the “indispensable, exceptional nation” have a diplomatic policy? How can a neoconized State Department be based on anything except coercion? It can’t. That is why Washington produces nothing but war and threats of war.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964621 Aug 15, 2013
HOPE AND CHANGE STAYS THE SAME Wherever a person looks, whatever a person hears, it is Washington’s threat–“we are going to bomb you into the stone age” if you don’t do what we want and agree to what we require. We are going to impose “sanctions,” Washington’s euphemism for embargoes, and starve your women and children to death, permit no medical supplies, ban you from the international payments system unless you relent and consent to being Washington’s puppet, and ban you from posting your news broadcasts on the Internet.
This is the face that Washington presents to the world: the hard, mean face of a tyrant.
Washington’s power will survive a bit longer, because there are still politicians in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America and in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the NGOs in Russia, who are paid off by the almighty dollar. In exchange for Washington’s money, they endorse Washington’s immorality and murderous destruction of law and life.
But the dollar is being destroyed by Quantitative Easing, and the domestic US economy is being destroyed by jobs offshoring.
Rome was powerful until the Germans ceased to believe it. Then the rotten edifice collapsed. Washington faces sooner or later the same fate. An inhumane, illegal, unconstitutional regime based on violence alone, devoid of all morality and all human compassion, is not acceptable to China, Russia, India, Iran, and Brazil, or to readers of this column.
The evil that is Washington cannot last forever. The criminals might destroy the world in nuclear war, but the lawlessness and lack of humanity in Washington, which murders more people as I write, is no longer acceptable to the rest of the world, not even to its European puppet states, despite the leaders being on Washington’s payroll.
Gorbachev is correct. The collapse of the Soviet Union was a debacle for the entire world. It transformed the US from the “city upon the hill,” the “beacon for humanity,” into an aggressive militarist state. Consequently, Amerika has become despised by everyone who has a moral conscience and a sense of justice
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#964622 Aug 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary would have a better chance to win a general election than to win the DemoKKKrat nomination, which will be decided by Obama.
Does Homer actually think Obama will select Hillary?
You've let Fox News con you into believing Obama is more than he really is.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964623 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i hug every black musician who gives me money to remix their rap songs. but they're paying me big money so i think a hug or 2 is in order.
as for Indian rights....haul your lily white back over to Europe and then we'll talk.
LOL YEP JUST LIKE YOUR GRANDPAPPY FROM YOUR MOMMA SIDE skin the BLACKS YOU SOUND LIKE FAT F** JOE calling BLACK PEOPLE N*****s F'ing BIGOT F U POS
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964624 Aug 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope it turns out to be "just nonsense".
Let's also hope new evidence emerging that dozens of CIA operatives were involved in an arms smuggling operation on the ground in Benghazi is "just nonsense" too.
Any other president would have been ousted on any one of these "phony scandals". You know that, don't you?
Bush wasn't ousted.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#964625 Aug 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you would blame the president if 75% of Americans were dissatisfied under President Bush?
Be honest.
They are dissatisfied with the direction of the country, Obama's approval while a bit low is at 46%.

Stop twisting, spinning and outright lying.

You are really becoming pure evil.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964626 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
AS MY FIRST POST SAID ABOUT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY RAPE BLACKS LIVE OFF THEIR SWEAT THATS WHY LIBERALS DESTROYED THE EDUCATION SYSTEM FOR MINORITIES SO THEIR POS CHILDREN COULD MAINTAIN PRIVILEDGE AGAIN TRICKS of THE SUBURBAN LIBERAL DEMOCRAT DESTROY BLACKS FROM THE INSIDE AND BLAME WHITES WHO MAKE IT OF THE BACKS OF WHITES FOX MAKES THEIR MONEY OFF WHITES, YOU VAMPIRES LIBERALS DEMOCRATS SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF NON WHITES thats WHY YOU LOVE ILLEGAL ENTRANTS you CREATE NON PROFITS AND MAKE BIG PROFITS
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964627 Aug 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
It's odd that any President of the United States wouldn't know his own birthday was three weeks away and not "next week".
Unless he can't keep all the "facts" about his own past straight in his head.
His past is a jigsaw puzzle and seems he has trouble himself putting all the pieces together.
He thought he was born after the march in Selma in 1965 too. His mother was already married to another man and he was 4.
We have no idea who this man really is.
"Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people." --George W. Bush, Charlottesville, Va., July 4, 2008
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#964628 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
actually....i don't see what the big deal is. the guy was just exercising his 1st amendment rights.
but in saying that....everyone who doesn't approve of his actions are just doing the same.
the 1st works for everyone.
Homer agrees with this.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964629 Aug 15, 2013
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#964630 Aug 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Protecting the integrity of the voting process is far more important than preventing the sale of a completely harmless product.
In your state, voter ID cards are available for the asking.
Except it's not about that, it's about suppressing the vote. Our founding fathers would be outraged. To many people have died so that others had the right vote.

How about if they can't vote they don't have to pay taxes?

No taxation without representation.
LCNlin

United States

#964631 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
actually....i don't see what the big deal is. the guy was just exercising his 1st amendment rights.
but in saying that....everyone who doesn't approve of his actions are just doing the same.
the 1st works for everyone.
Making fun of the President of the US started with President George Washington ... an American tradition.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964632 Aug 15, 2013
"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas?... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Enter 182,298
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr L Morales 71,302
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 2 hr L Morales 11
Southern Illinois Supports Police 3 hr Does not matter 1
Holiday Greetings 5 hr Daddy Warbucks 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 98,886
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 5 hr Did enuf die 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago