Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460232 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#965150 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus on Thursday strongly repudiated an idea that likely played a role in Mitt Romney's dismal showing among Latino voters.
Speaking at the RNC's summer meeting in Boston, Priebus was answering a question about Rep. Steve King (R-IA), who recently suggested that most young undocumented immigrants are drug mules, when he denounced the concept of "self-deportation," one of Romney's proposals for immigration reform that he floated at a Republican debate last year.
"Using the word 'self-deportation'— it's a horrific comment to make," Priebus said, according to Business Insider. "I don't think it has anything to do with our party. When someone makes those comments, obviously, it's racist."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
OOpsie, Reince had too many martinis! Starting to slip up
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#965151 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama lacks the ability to negotiate peace between Chicago gangs, let alone peace in the Middle East.
Romeny would be good at dismantling gangs
WOW

New York, NY

#965152 Aug 16, 2013
HERMAN CAINE AMERICAN BIRTH CANNOT BE QUESTIONED HIS AMERICAN BLACKNESS CANNOT BE QUESTIONED HIS ACADEMIC BACKGROUND CANNOT BE QUESTIONED HIS SEXUALITY HAS NOT BEEn QUESTIONED HIS AMERICAN BLACK HISTORY CANNOT BE QUESTIONED BOTH HIS PARENTS ARE AMERICANS OF BLACKNESS FROM THE SOUTH AND CAN BE TRACED why were BLACKS CONDITIONED to CONDEM SOMEONE WHO COULD WITH EASE BE A FAMILY MEMBER AT A BBQ who shares the same HISTORY IN AMERICA THEY HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH CAINE THAN WITH OBAMA OBAMA HAS NO HISTORY IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY NO ROOTS BLACKS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONES TO QUESTIONED HIS BIRTHER ISSUES WHAT IS IT LIBERAL SUBURBAN DEMOCRATS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN COMFORTABLE WITH A AMERICAN BLACK MAN FROM THE COMMUNITY THAT ENDURED JIM CROW SLAVERY AND WORST MAYBE THATS WHY THEY ADOPT AFRICAN BABIES AND NOT AMERICAN BLACK CHILDREN
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965153 Aug 16, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Now !
You trust Bill Clinton ~ LOL
He helped elect President Obama in 2012
Clinton made a deal for Obama's support in 2016, but Obama has already reneged on that deal.

Clinton hates Obama.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#965154 Aug 16, 2013
WOW wrote:
Herman Cain describes himself as black and says he prefers that term over "African-American"..
Who gives a fk? Is he planning on running again? Has he found out where Uz bekibekistanstan is yet?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#965155 Aug 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Here are Bill Clinton’s most controversial quotes about Obama:
(I'll list two at a time.)
1.“The idea that one of these campaigns is positive and the other is negative when I know the reverse is true and I have seen it and I have been blistered by it for months is a little tough to take. Just because of the sanitizing coverage that’s in the media doesn’t mean the facts aren’t out there.”— Jan. 7, 2008; New Hampshire campaign stop
2.“I think that they played the race card on me. We now know, from memos from the campaign, that they planned to do it all along.”— April 21, 2008, WHYY News Radio
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/807...

O'bama is big fairy-tale.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965156 Aug 16, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Another day of birfoon posts :-)
you'd think after 5 years of it going nowhere they'd give it up.

but it does make one wonder about the real motive behind it. they have nothing, so why continue?

Medicare Part D not giving away enough Proza?

WOW

New York, NY

#965157 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama lacks the ability to negotiate peace between Chicago gangs, let alone peace in the Middle East.
You SIR GET THE HULK HOGAN RAISED FINGER OH SNap
LCNlin

United States

#965158 Aug 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, how will she make it through the next 3 years? Then when Hillary gets elected, it'll be another 4-8
Miss You ....For the Republicans who miss Reagan and Hoover
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965159 Aug 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
OOpsie, Reince had too many martinis! Starting to slip up
alcohol. the new truth serum.

the birthers could use a drink or 20.
WOW

New York, NY

#965160 Aug 16, 2013
OBAMA SHOULD BE QUESTIONED BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS HIM where is his REAL HISTORY his story doesnt add up before chitown where is his HISTORY IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY WHY IS HIS SEXUALITY QUESTIONED WHY IS HIS ACADEMIC RECORDS SECRET HE SAID HE WOULD BE CLEAR AND TRANSPARENT WHY ALL THE QUESTIONS OBAMA BECAUSE NOONE REALLY KNOWS YOU YOU ARE A SIM ONE a simulation

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965161 Aug 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So pretty much a working vacation then, president still focused on the economy. Good stuff.
Ronald Reagan had a working ranch, Rancho Del Cielo, where he had an office and could respond to any national situation if necessary.

George Bush had a working ranch, Prairie Chapel Ranch, where he, too, had an office and could respond to any national situation.

Reagan, Clinton and both Bush's retreated to Camp David often. Don't recall Obama going there much.

Obama would never want to live in Chicago with a working office.

So he goes to resorts and takes his entire entourage of staffers with him. Finding a place to actually perform the duties of the presidency if necessary isn't as easy on the golf course or in the middle of the Grand Canyon or on the beaches in Hawaii.
LCNlin

United States

#965162 Aug 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Hillary Clinton exposed Obama's smear campaign tactics in 2008 before the Ohio primary. She attacked him for mailers she said mischaracterized her positions on health care reform and the North American Free Trade Agreement.
"He continues to spend millions of dollars perpetuating falsehoods," Clinton said.
And then her famous line, "Shame on you, Barack Obama! Shame on you!"
Just like the Obama Team smeared Romney.
A Washington Post Fact Checker disproved an Obama ad about Romney outsourcing jobs overseas while he was governor of Massachusetts as "misleading, unfair and untrue."
Why do most liberals want to believe lies instead of even trying to seek the truth?
(Since I was so harsh with Homer yesterday, I'll direct this question to him.)
Romney did not run an effective campaign!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#965163 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Judge slams birther lawsuit
Dismisses case as 'fanciful, delusional and irrational,' orders $177,000 fine
A birther’s lawsuit was born of a crackpot theory.
That’s what an irritated Brooklyn judge said in slapping a preeminent conspiracy theorist with a hefty bill for filing “a frivolous” suit and wasting the court’s time.
Christopher Earl Strunk sought to have President Obama disqualified as a candidate. The author of some 20 other lawsuits — most of which have been dismissed — Strunk was ordered to pay $167,707 in attorney fees plus a $10,000 sanction for the 2011 lawsuit that named Obama, New York’s Board of Elections and a list of others as defendants.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/judge-slams-birthe...
You still haven't explained to us why it was necessary for the Democrats to put an obviously fraudulent birth certificate on the White House website.
LCNlin

United States

#965164 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks and Hispanics comprise 40% of your party and vote as a bloc, so you have seen your last white candidate for POTUS.
Hillary and Biden are Guatemalan illegals

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965165 Aug 16, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Now !
You trust Bill Clinton ~ LOL
He helped elect President Obama in 2012
It's not a matter of trust. I rarely trust any Democrat because they usually lie...cheat...steal...whatever ...and become weasels...for personal and political gain.

But Clinton redeemed himself in my eyes when he admitted he lied, why he lied and took full blame for his lying after his presidency.

I also believe Bill Clinton is a closet republican but has to play the role of the democratic icon and has to just grin and bear it.
WOW

New York, NY

#965166 Aug 16, 2013
SUBURBAN LIBERALS LIKE LILY THOUGHT THEY HAD AN IN WITH BLACKS BECAUSE OF HER FALSE RABID SUPPORT OF WHAT SHE THOUGHT ALL BLACKS WOULD FALL FOR BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO VOICE IN THE WHITE WORLD THEY COME FROM SO THEY THINK THEY ARE STICKING IT TO THE MAN WITH OBAMA lolololololololol F U fake LIBERALS FROM THE BURBS CHITOWN IS A JOKE TO LILY IT AINT HER CHILDREN DYING SHE IN THE BURBS SO F U AND YOUR BS OBAMA SUPPORT THAT AINT SUPPORTING BLACK PEOPLE
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#965167 Aug 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan had a working ranch, Rancho Del Cielo, where he had an office and could respond to any national situation if necessary.
George Bush had a working ranch, Prairie Chapel Ranch, where he, too, had an office and could respond to any national situation.
Reagan, Clinton and both Bush's retreated to Camp David often. Don't recall Obama going there much.
Obama would never want to live in Chicago with a working office.
So he goes to resorts and takes his entire entourage of staffers with him. Finding a place to actually perform the duties of the presidency if necessary isn't as easy on the golf course or in the middle of the Grand Canyon or on the beaches in Hawaii.
Pffftttt...Pathetic whining as usual. You white supremacists think that because he's black that he shouldn't take a vacation; in your pathetic sick twisted mind you are thinking; "oh, the black man is going to Nantucket, and I can't afford to go to Holiday Inn Express"
It pisses you off. We get it.
WOW

New York, NY

#965168 Aug 16, 2013
HEy OBAMA OSAMA IS DEAD HIS SPIRIT LIVES ON lololololololol WINTER TIME IN ARABIA lolololololololol OBAMA WILL GET HIS BURN NOTICE SOOOOOOOOOOON sssssssssh
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#965169 Aug 16, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
2012 Election results the republicans are out in the cold!!
Really phag? Then why do puscees like you and baruck whine and cry like spoiled babies every day about "obstructionism"?

I can hardly wait till your gay little world collapses after the midterms...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Boris 104,555
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Got a Woody - Allan 62,355
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 49 min Always hopeful 7,957
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,243
God is a Trump sucker after all!!! 2 hr kyman 2
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 2 hr kyman 2
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 2 hr kyman 23

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages