Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1746325 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

WOW

New York, NY

#965318 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
prove that it's fraudulent.
you can't.
everyone knows you can't.
even you know you can't.
you're using the same tactics that the birthers have had to use since day one.
'Prove that it's not!'
because you can't prove that it is.
just like all of your assertions....intellectually weak. and not everyone is a gullible FOXbot.
HIS DADDY AINT AMERICAN NUFF SAID hwe aint from the HOOd he aint from the BLACK COMMUNITY everything about him comes with BS HIS DADDY AINT AMERICAN HE GOT NO BLACK AMERICAN BLOOD LINE
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965319 Aug 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Edit layers created when creating a document are different than the border layers created by a scanner.
Explain how the edit layer, just for one example, is exactly coincident with the half of the signature that is obviously computer generated.
i'm not a document expert and neither are you birthers.

so.....

Expert: No Doubt Obama's Birth Certificate Is Legit

He said the layers cited by doubters are evidence of the use of common, off-the-shelf scanning software — not evidence of a forgery.“I have seen a lot of illustrator documents that come from photos and contain those kind of clippings—and it looks exactly like this,” he said.

Tremblay explained that the scanner optical character recognition (OCR) software attempts to translate characters or words in a photograph into text. He said the layers cited by the doubters shows that software at work – and nothing more.

“When you open it in Illustrator it looks like layers, but it doesn’t look like someone built it from scratch. If someone made a fake it wouldn’t look like this,” he said.“Some scanning software is trying to separate the background and the text and splitting element into layers and parts of layers.”

Tremblay also said that during the scanning process, instances where the software was unable to separate text fully from background led to the creation of a separate layer within the document. This could be places where a signature runs over the line of background, or typed characters touch the internal border of the document.

“I know that you can scan a document from a scanner most of the time it will appear as one piece, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no software that’s doing this kind of stuff,” he said, adding that it’s really quite common.

“I’d be more afraid it’d be fake if it was one in piece. It would be harder to check if it’s a good one if it’s a fake,” Tremblay said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/29/ex...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#965320 Aug 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
I'll be in New Orleans this weekend, in case you need to know where to send the black helicopters.
;-)
lol! Run, Forrest, Run!
WOW

New York, NY

#965321 Aug 16, 2013
HIP HOP lololohahahaha All of those white people in the crowd thought it was ok for them to scream n***a
Waka Flocka
WOW

New York, NY

#965322 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
PDF Layers in Obama’s Birth Certificate
We have received several e-mails today calling into question the validity of the PDF that the White House released, namely that there are embedded layers in the document. There are now several other people on the case. We looked into it and dismissed it.
The PDF is composed of multiple images. That’s correct. Using a photo editor or PDF viewer of your choice, you can extract this image data, view it, hide it, etc. But these layers, as they’re being called, aren’t layers in the traditional photo-editing sense of the word. They are, quite literally, pieces of image data that have been positioned in a PDF container. They appear as text but also contain glyphs, dots, lines, boxes, squiggles, and random garbage. They’re not combined or merged in any way. Quite simply, they look like they were created programmatically, not by a human.
What’s plausible is that somewhere along the way — from the scanning device to the PDF-creation software, both of which can perform OCR (optical character recognition)— these partial/pseudo-text images were created and saved. What’s not plausible is that the government spent all this time manufacturing Obama’s birth certificate only to commit the laughably rookie mistake of exporting the layers from Photoshop, or whatever photo editing software they are meant to have used. It’s likely that whoever scanned the birth certificate in Hawaii forgot to turn off the OCR setting on the scanner. Let’s leave it at that.
UPDATE: I’ve confirmed that scanning an image, converting it to a PDF, optimizing that PDF, and then opening it up in Illustrator, does in fact create layers similar to what is seen in the birth certificate PDF. You can try it yourself at home.
UPDATE II: For those of you who still aren’t convinced, here’s a one-page PDF that I just scanned and optimized, so you can see for yourself that an optimized PDF shows up in Illustrator as layers.(I didn’t spend hours getting the settings right.)
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265767/p...
FOH *RACKER clown
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965323 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact 1: Anti-birthers have been able to scan a facsimile of Obama’s birth certificate and to create a PDF file with a simple work flow that has a remarkable resemblance to the White House PDF file. Not only does it look like it, numerous obscure details buried in the binary code match up: Scaling, alignment, separation, color spaces and even comments all match.
Fact 2: Birthers claim that Obama’s PDF file is a crude forgery, created by Adobe Photoshop. Only, birthers have never produced a PDF document even remotely matching the Obama PDF with Photoshop. They can make one that looks similar (after all, they need only make a copy of Obama’s or assemble one from its parts), but they have never come close to replicating the alignment, replicate the scaling, the layer separation, color spaces or comments in any software process. If the forger of Obama’s certificate is inept, how more inept are the birthers who can’t make one like it?
http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/
The birther objection is that Obama’s number is higher than that of the Nordyke twins born a day later. Birthers demand (for no good reason beyond the fact that Obama’s certificate doesn’t have this characteristic) that the certificate numbers must exactly follow the order of the births themselves. I showed in my article, Obama’s birth certificate number, that the information from available certificates suggests that certificates were batched and alphabetized before numbering, and even estimated the size of that batch.
Now WorldNetDaily has published a certificate it says is authentic dating, from August 23, 1961, that has a lower number (61-09945) than both Nordyke and Obama!(Of course, they tried to cover up the number and then they did cover it up, but Google’s cache doesn’t forget.) Thanks to Computer Guy John Woodman, author of Is Barack Obama’s Birth Certificate a Fraud? for publishing this discovery by “Woofer.” I urge readers to read Woodman’s article because it not only presents the discovery with the care and attention to detail we have come to expect from Woodman, but because it describes some shenanigans at WorldNetDaily that may have been aimed at covering this all up.
http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2011/09/new-ha...
All completely irrelevant if the original is provided for unbiased examination.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#965324 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Atlanta breaks a century-old temperature record
Posted: Aug 15, 2013 4:01 PM PST Updated: Aug 16, 2013 8:14 AM PST
By Rodney Harris - email
ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA)-
Atlanta's high temperature on Thursday was only 73 degrees which is the coolest high temperature on record for August 15.
The previous record was a high of only 77 degrees from 1908.
The average high temperature for this time of year is 88 degrees, putting Thursday's high 15 degrees below average.
Atlanta has seen a cooler-than-average summer due to a lot of rain. We're about 15 inches above average on rainfall this year.
Los Angeles has had similar events this summer of record low high temperatures for a given date and an overall cool summer. Very nice, actually.
"Currently, 56 percent of the continental U.S. is covered by some form of drought. That's an improvement from last summer, when the drought covered two-thirds of the nation.

The drought forecast calls for conditions to improve somewhat in eastern Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia and South Carolina. But the February-through-May drought forecast predicts conditions will worsen overall this spring, NOAA climatologist Dan Collins said.

And below-average precipitation is expected this spring in most Western states and the southeastern United States."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/22/drou...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965325 Aug 16, 2013

...FactCheck.org says it obtained Obama’s actual certification of live birth and that the document was indeed real. The site discredited some of the claims of Internet bloggers, such as that the certificate as viewed in a scanned copy released by Obama’s campaign lacked a raised seal. FactChecker.org also established that many of the alleged flaws in the document noted by bloggers were caused by the scanning of the document.

A separate WND investigation into Obama’s certification of live birth utilizing forgery experts also found the document to be authentic. The investigation also revealed methods used by some of the bloggers to determine the document was fake involved forgeries, in that a few bloggers added text and images to the certificate scan that weren’t originally there.

http://www.wnd.com/2008/08/73214/

that was back when it was a Democrat making the accusation.

but the minute Obama won the nomination....'OMG! It's a fake!'

anything to make a buck.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#965326 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the word "decimate" incorrectly is hardly a typo.
Ah,'tis true, but I did not use decimate incorrectly, Sir Galt...don't you have a train to catch somewhere?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#965327 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN should be boycotted permanently because of liars like Candy Crowley.
Yeah, I'd prefer the amazon Brooke Baldwin personally.
WOW

New York, NY

#965328 Aug 16, 2013
ALL THE DOWN LOW BROTHERS NEED TO COME OUT THE CLOSET SO WE CAN KNOW WHAT THEIR AGENDA IS IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY too many down low brothers shaping BLACK POLITICS MISLEADING BLACK PEOPLE COREY BOOKER
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965329 Aug 16, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>
And below-average precipitation is expected this spring in most Western states and the southeastern United States."
In which year does Bocajew Jean from Queens "expect" drought "this spring" (sic).
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#965330 Aug 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
...FactCheck.org says it obtained Obama’s actual certification of live birth and that the document was indeed real. The site discredited some of the claims of Internet bloggers, such as that the certificate as viewed in a scanned copy released by Obama’s campaign lacked a raised seal. FactChecker.org also established that many of the alleged flaws in the document noted by bloggers were caused by the scanning of the document.
A separate WND investigation into Obama’s certification of live birth utilizing forgery experts also found the document to be authentic. The investigation also revealed methods used by some of the bloggers to determine the document was fake involved forgeries, in that a few bloggers added text and images to the certificate scan that weren’t originally there.
http://www.wnd.com/2008/08/73214/
that was back when it was a Democrat making the accusation.
but the minute Obama won the nomination....'OMG! It's a fake!'
anything to make a buck.
You could pass the birth certificate from birther to birther and let them each hold and caress it and they would still deny it's existence.

You are fighting a losing battle my friend yet somehow you are winning.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#965331 Aug 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Ah,'tis true, but I did not use decimate incorrectly, Sir Galt...don't you have a train to catch somewhere?
Galt would never take mass transit and thanks to his inheritance he will never have to.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965332 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so how many Presidents have done that?

but maybe there's a reason some don't.

Ronald Reagan's Birth Certificate

The 40th President of the United States had no trouble producing a birth certificate. In fact it is on display at the Reagan Library.

http://www.safeguardourconstitution.com/news/...

so tell us about how Reagan was born in 1942(thank you birther site).
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965333 Aug 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Ah,'tis true, but I did not use decimate incorrectly, Sir Galt...don't you have a train to catch somewhere?
Galt refers to the primary meaning of "decimate", not the popular culture corruption.

Galt is still waiting for Governor Moonbeam's high speed rail from Bakersfield to Modesto.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#965334 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a birther JG?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965335 Aug 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'd prefer the amazon Brooke Baldwin personally.
Never heard of him/her.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#965336 Aug 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt would never take mass transit and thanks to his inheritance he will never have to.
Galt has used mass transit in the past, of necessity, and avoidance of this need is a primary factor in selecting a place to live.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#965337 Aug 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt refers to the primary meaning of "decimate", not the popular culture corruption.
Galt is still waiting for Governor Moonbeam's high speed rail from Bakersfield to Modesto.
I wish I would have predicted that Sonicfilter would decimate DBWriter in their Obama birth certificate argument the way he has.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 1 hr JRB 42
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr winner 6,969
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr winner 1,069
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr winner 12,243
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 1 hr winner 66
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr winner 3,813
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 4 hr Chiefs Rock 142
Trump is A 8 hr Rose of Tralee 635

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages