Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#964486 Aug 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
RINOs are Democrats, dumbass.
I consider the RINOs and the Pseudo Liberal Democrats more Leninist than anything.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#964487 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so where is the GOP replacement for Obamacare that will take care of those black folks in Arkansas?
just being anti-Obama is not enough.
Did her post imply that the government is rescinding MediCare benefits in the black sections of Arkansas?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964488 Aug 15, 2013
PUBLIC ENEMY WAS DESTROYED and called RACISTS FOR PROMOTING BLACK SELF SURVIVAL THE LIBERALS FROM THE SUBURBS DESTROYED AND CREATED NWA N****S WITH ATTITUDE and that wasnt racists JERRY HELLER AND THE ENTERTAINTMENT INDUSTRY Of course, there are some so-called rappers who are willing participants in the own exploitation. They have become more than comfortable with the lavish lifestyle their corporate media slave masters have rewarded them with. It matters little to them that the stereotypes they are helping their white puppeteers promote, are causing tremendous psychological damage to youth of color. These willing participants are more like Sambo from Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin. They truly enjoy being the overseer of the white media’s premeditated destruction of the African/black psyche and image. They are consorting with what should be seen as a direct enemy to the black community.

"There was two kind of slaves. There was the house negro and the field negro. The house negro, they lived in the house, with master. They dressed pretty good. They ate good, cause they ate his food, what he left. They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near their master, and they loved their master, more than their master loved himself. They would give their life to save their masters house quicker than their master would.”– Malcolm X

Corporate backed African/black Hip Hop artists should abscond from the plantations they have been programmed to mentally dwell within. They should rebel against their media slave masters (i.e., Warner Music Group, Sony Music Group, Universal Music Group, etc.) and create music collectives and art that directly empowers, edifies and politically inspires the communities from which many of these artists come. In essence they should invoke the spirit of many of our ancestors who rebelled against the oppressive and unnatural conditions they were held in. Just as the Africans rebelled during the Haitian Revolution, these African/black Hip Hop artists should do the same – inspiring Hip Hop artists all over the corporate media airwaves (plantations) to emancipate themselves.

“Some so-called rappers are willing participants in the own exploitation.”

These artists need to say,“To hell with the corporate music/media Ku Klux Klan,” and begin to pool their money, resources and time, in efforts to develop truly independent African/black record labels. However, before they can do any of that they will have to be made aware of their present status as subjects within the thriving plantations created for their ilk. Fans, concerned Africans and supporters of Hip Hop will need to be the ones to bring this fact to their attention. They need to be reminded that if you can’t write or rap about the institutionally racist and systemic issues that plague their communities, how can you even consider yourself a free man or woman? If the corporate media plantation (and those who control it) prevents you from utilizing your music to empower your people, you are far from being free.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964489 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you like a black conservative?
i've always wondered...how much does FOX pay you guys?
Im AN AMERICAN NOT CONTROLLED BY YOUR RACISTS posts and attempt to intimedate anyone that doest suck on the TItS OF BIGOTS LIKE YOU your brand of EVIL THAT SEEMS TO BE IN vogue with BIGOTS FROM BOTH SIDES trying to DESTROY AMERICANS WHO CHOOSE FREEDOM OVER RACE AND POLITICS SEEK THE TRUTH NOT FROM BIGOTS LIKE YOU BUT TRUELY EDUCATED PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE CHOICE of WHERE TO LIVE WHO TO ASSOCIATE WITH I DONT CARE ABOUT POLLS I CHOOSE not to force anyone to LIKE ME or have ME AS A BLACK FRIEND I DEAL WITH WHO I CHOOSE AND IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DEAL WITH ME FINE thats YOUR CHOICE THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU ARE RACISTS IF BLACKS SO WANT THEy CAN MOVE TO MONTANA AND BE FRIENDS WITH WHITE PEOPLE SINCE THAT IS THEIR MEANS OF VALIDATION and their GOAL IN LIFE MAGIC JOHNSON SEEMS TO HAVE MANY WHITE FRIENDS even FARRAKHAN HAS MANY WHITE FRIENDS SO DOES SHARPTON THEY DONT SEEm TO HAVE A PROBLEM HAVING WHITE FRIENDS OBAMA HAS MORE WHITE FRIENDS THAN BLACK FRIENDS FROM HIS CHILDHOOD

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#964490 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i was kinda wondering about that when i saw what Rush said.
it's like...no mirrors in the house Rush?
Free Tuffy Gessling.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...

Someone here please tell us what is wrong with a rodeo clown wearing a mask of Obama.

"I ain't got a dime. But, what I got is mine.
I ain't rich. But, Lord, I'm free."

Ask Tuffy Gessling if that's still true.

Obama is a sycophant elitist with a superiority complex... just like Hitler.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964491 Aug 15, 2013
The White Supremacist Infiltration of Rap Music
Hip Hop was crafted by people of color within neglected and oppressed communities. Hip Hop was created by African/black youth with Latino youth significantly contributing to its cultivation and development. It is a means of expression. It has long been a medium used to exert resistance to various forms of oppression. It is reprehensible that it is now being used as a tool to further oppress and keep youth of color from seeing US society for what it truly is – a wasteland of white supremacy and structural racism. This is exactly why these Ku Klux Klan music groups, and media corporations (Viacom, Clear Channel, etc.) do all they can to suppress the music of artists like Dead Prez, Capital X, Immortal Technique, Rebel Diaz, Jasiri X, and Bahamadia, among many others. These artists, their imagery, and music are routinely suppressed from the mainstream airwaves.

While the Klan media suppresses songs like:“Malcolm, Garvey, Huey” by Deaz Prez, they promote songs like “Birthday Song” by 2 Chainz featuring Kanye West.

One song (“Malcolm, Garvey, Huey”) has lyrics like this:“I live, I die, I organize,

Everything I do - revolutionize, I build what's good for the whole damn hood, Study G's like these, really think you should, I study Malcolm Garvey Huey, Malcolm Garvey Huey.”

The other song (“Birthday Song”) has lyrics like this:“When I die, bury me inside the jewelry store When I die, bury me inside the Truey store True to my religion, two of everything I'm too different So when I die, bury me next to 2 bitches.”

It should be blatantly obvious why the Klan corporate media would suppress the liberating lyrics of artists like Dead Prez: they are empowering and edifying, especially to youth of color. However, the lyrics from artists like 2 Chainz, are mentally destructive, misogynistic (especially to women of color) and racially stereotypical. Many of the other songs the Klan media promote depict black men directing senseless violence toward one another. Klan media give the thumbs up to this type of rap music because, like the real Ku Klux Klan, it is capable of destroying black lives, one young mind at a time.

“It is time we helped free them by demanding they end their 'coonery' and start making music that uplifts and inspires the oppressed masses to resist.”
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964492 Aug 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were most, you wouldn't be posting so much lying bullshit about how the Republicans are stopping everything in congress, dumbass. It's the TEA Party, idiot. They're the reason your Marxist treasonous agenda isn't sliding through Congress like shit out of a goose's ass.
get back to me after the 41st vote to stop Obamacare.

and i didn't know Boehner was a tea party freak.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#964493 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>i suspect that he and Herman Cain belong to the same club.

better than belonging to the diaper club.

or the foot tapper club.
For Conservatives, Hermain Caim is innocent until proven guilty,

But for Libstards Bill Clinton did not lie.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964494 Aug 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Did her post imply that the government is rescinding MediCare benefits in the black sections of Arkansas?
you'll have to read it.

convoluted right wing propaganda is more than i can put up with on any given morning.

United States

#964496 Aug 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
U.S. Holds “Labor Rights Week” to Protect (Illegal) Mexican Workers

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/08/u-s...

Well lets see, We have an illegal 'president'...is it any wonder We should have an illegal worker week and fit the bill as well?

http://www.examiner.com/article/american-work...

http://www.commoncause.org/siteapps/advocacy/...
Caucasian White Liberals have no clue what they vote for!!!

They is why I get happy when a Liberal looses his or her job due to Obama.

United States

#964497 Aug 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>Quit spreading that lie, sonic. No Benghazi happened under bush. Benghazi isn't just about the 4 dead Americans or the "annex" that got attacked. it is about a movie, CIA operations, illegal weapons, etc, etc.
Sonic is a Liberal, he has to rewrite history!!!

United States

#964498 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz agrees with concerns of 9/11 truthers:‘There’s still a lot to learn.’

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2010/02/17/...
That would make the club a four member club!!!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964499 Aug 15, 2013
The White Supremacist Infiltration of Rap Music
Of course there will continue to be those rappers and record executives of color that will continue to side with their “Massas,” just as there were during the times of chattel slavery. Those are the individuals who know the nature of the so-called “game,” and to some degree profit from the system. It matters little to them how many women/girls are targeted as sexual objects because of the music they help promote. They could give a damn about the young boys who are transformed into sexual predators because of that same music they promote. And they clearly don’t give a damn about the image of people of color or the endorsement of the senseless structural violence they champion, each time they follow their master’s orders. They have clearly made their deals with the devils of capitalism and white supremacy. Money is the name and selling out their communities is the “game.” These “Sambos” understand full well the damage they are helping to create.

“They have clearly made their deals with the devils of capitalism and white supremacy.”

Music has the ability to inspire and motivate those who seek freedom and justice. The beat of drums serves as a pulse for the movement, along with the voices of those chanting, singing, or even rapping. Take for instance the Stono Rebellion of 1739, where dozens of enslaved Africans in South Carolina decided to no longer accept the unnatural state of slavery. They refused to live any longer within those inhumane and brutal conditions. These courageous Africans banded together, led by an African named “Jemmy,” and proceeded to recruit/free as many of their brothers and sisters as they could. The beat of their native African drums set the audio tone for resistance. The history of the Americas is punctuated with such rebellions. However, far too many of us have allowed an oppressive system to teach us our history, and because of this we are unaware that resistance is within our cultural DNA.

“But that field negro, remember, they were in the majority, and they hated their master. When the house caught on fire, he didn't try to put it out, that field negro prayed for a wind. For a breeze. When the master got sick, the field negro prayed that he died. If someone come to the field negro and said ‘Let's separate, let's run,’ he didn't say ‘Where we going?’ He said ‘Any place is better than here." – Malcolm X
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964500 Aug 15, 2013
STOP THE LIBERAL White Supremacist Infiltration of Rap Music
It is long overdue that we regain our cultural resistance, identity, and mediums, in order to serve our struggle for human rights, liberty, and social justice. It is time we gathered all of our “drums”(and voices), to begin the necessary process of mentally liberating as many of our brothers and sisters from the corporate media plantations on which they subsist. Hip Hop is not for oppressors. We should never allow it to be utilized against our own collective interests. However, we cannot free those who are willing to be liberated if we refuse to speak out. We must boycott any music that denigrates people of color, women or supports senseless structural violence. We must be willing to organize and educate as many misguided rappers as we can – converting them into Emcees aptly educated to deliver lyrical daggers at systems of oppression. Hip Hop must be ripped out of the hands of the Ku Klux Klan music groups, and placed back in the hands of the people.

Let the spirit of our ancestors guide us. Forward Ever, Backward Never.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964501 Aug 15, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
For Conservatives, Hermain Caim is innocent until proven guilty,
But for Libstards Bill Clinton did not lie.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
maybe Bill should have paid Monica $35,000 to not talk about that which 'never happened'.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964502 Aug 15, 2013
Obama said in 2008 in front of a black church that he was born "as a result of two people falling in love and marching across a bridge in Selma, Alabama"...

"So they got together and Barack Obama, Jr. was born. So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama.”(Senator Barack Obama, Remarks At Brown Chapel AME Church, Selma, AL, 3/4/07)

Earlier in the day at a prayer breakfast, he said: "If it hadn't been for Selma, I wouldn’t be here.”(“Clinton, Obama Link Selma March To Present,” The Washington Post, 3/5/07)

The march in Selma was in 1965. He was born in 1961, 4 years earlier.

Barack Obama, Sr., abandoned Obama when he was a baby. His mother had already married Lolo Soetoro when the march took place in Selma. Obama was 4 years old.

It would have been a good story if it were true.

Seems Obama's confused about other things in his own past as well.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#964503 Aug 15, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Are you a mindless hypocrite or what?
Obama has unilaterally changed and not carries out law by selectively ignoring parts of the ACA, which violates his Oath of Office and responsibilities as President.
"Lawmaker says Obama's selective enforcement of laws 'demeaning to our democracy'"
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/3...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
" ...it is beyond dispute that Congress can use its power of the purse to defund Obamacare—both its mandatory and discretionary spending—in appropriations legislation this fall. The lone remaining question is whether Congress can summon the political will to do so."
http://www.heritage.org/research/factsheets/2...
You have no clue what you are talking about, Obamabot.
Under your logic, the Congress can use the 'power of the purse' to defund the Pentagon and wasteful military expenditures to the private , Corporate defense industry that puts profit over the nation's security.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#964504 Aug 15, 2013
Obama’s Press Conference: The Smiling Face of a Police State
At Friday’s press conference, President Barack Obama resorted to outright lies in his defense of the massive and illegal surveillance programs exposed by former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor Edward Snowden.

Obama made it clear that, as far as he was concerned, the problem was not that wholesale violations of the Constitution were being perpetrated by his government, but that these crimes had been made known and had alarmed the public. What was needed was a better job of public relations.

The press conference itself was thrown together to assuage popular anger and concern over the systematic violation of privacy rights. As Obama said, his aim was to “make the American people more comfortable” about government snooping on every aspect of their lives.

“America is not interested in spying on ordinary people,” Obama said, as if documents had never been published exposing the government’s seizure of records of all telephone calls placed in the United States, its dragnet of electronic communications around the world, its recording of license plates, and its photographing of letters.

This statement came one day after the New York Times reported that the NSA is “copying and then sifting through the contents of what is apparently most emails and other text-based communications that cross the border.” It followed last week’s exposure of the NSA’s XKeyscore program, which allows analysts to listen to phone calls and read emails at will without a warrant or authorization from higher-ups.

In a tone of seeming incomprehension, Obama said,“And a general impression has, I think, taken hold, not only among the American public but also around the world, that somehow we’re out there willy-nilly just sucking in information on everybody and doing what we please with it.”

But as everyone knows, that is precisely what the US government is doing.

In discussing the surveillance programs, Obama attempted to project a patient attitude toward public concerns.“It’s right to ask questions about surveillance,” he said. Only when the question of Snowden came up was there a flash of anger in his voice and a tightening in his face.“No, I don’t think Mr. Snowden was a patriot,” Obama said in response to a reporter’s question.

He went on to accuse the whistle-blower of “putting at risk our national security and some very vital ways that we are able to get intelligence that we need to secure the country.”
Shopaholic

Spring, TX

#964505 Aug 15, 2013
Michelle Obama thinks hip-hop will help solve childhood obesity.

It's really sad when you are in the grocery store making healthy choices and you see a family where all the women look like they belong on the Honey Boo Boo Reality show. I remember June weighed in at 300 PLUS. I hadn't seen it in a long while and saw about 2 minutes while channel surfing. I can't see that she has lost an oz. And all her daughters including Honey Boo look fatter than ever.
She puts butter on pork chops (gag) and thinks the boxed potato mix with gelatinous cheese is a good side dish. Nothing green in her home ever, not a salad or vegetable. Maybe she can get a free copy of the hip-hip songs from the WH.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964506 Aug 15, 2013
Obama was born on August 4, 1961.

On July 15, 2011, he said in front of the press that his birthday was “next week.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 7 min gayron polston 389
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min Cold Front 69,724
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 46 min Analog man 5,923
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min IB DaMann 52,915
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr FastandFurious 187,460
Dear Abby 4-27-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 12
U.S. Goverment and Police using Rape and Torture 2 hr b189187go 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]