Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431689 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#964511 Aug 15, 2013
It just keeps getting worse....

NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...

Perhaps those treasonous scumbags should read the Constitution:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

What this means is the government just can't start investigating some rodeo clown just because he wore some mask of a president.

"I ain't got a dime. But, what I got is mine.
I ain't rich. But, Lord, I'm free."

Ask Tuffy Gessling if that is still true here.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964512 Aug 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama was born on August 4, 1961.
On July 15, 2011, he said in front of the press that his birthday was “next week.”
Obamaisms.

it's like you've never seen one of the websites dedicated to Bushisms.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#964513 Aug 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Under your logic, the Congress can use the 'power of the purse' to defund the Pentagon and wasteful military expenditures to the private , Corporate defense industry that puts profit over the nation's security.
"...puts profit over the nation's security."

Back your propaganda bullshit up with some facts, dupe.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964514 Aug 15, 2013
In 2004, Obama said he would not run in 2008 because he was not qualified. After serving two years in the U.S. Senate, he threw his hat in the ring for the presidency in 2006.

Two years as a junior senator qualifies someone for the presidency?

Good morning everyone. There's still more contradictions on the part of this president, but this is enough for now.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964515 Aug 15, 2013
The rodeo clown who donned a mask of President Barack Obama last weekend at the Missouri State Fair was a disappointing episode for the Show-Me State, a White House spokesman said Wednesday.

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said that he had no reaction to the clown from Obama. But Earnest, a native Missourian, indicated that he was disappointed with the attention the clown has brought to his state.

"I can tell you as a native Missourian, it's certainly not one of the finer moments for our state and not the way that I like to see our state mentioned in the news," Earnest said.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/w...
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964516 Aug 15, 2013
Some would say that this is ANOTHER illustration of media bias, but I say it is brilliant and this is how we control the masses.

The headline at CNN Money was, "Why America's Youth Aren't Finding Jobs."

I thank GOD that no where in that analysis of how and why President Barack Obama's policies hurt the job market for the young, think again.

Believe it or not, CNN wrote a piece, supposedly explaining the tight job market, without using the following words: Obama, Obama administration, taxes, regulations, "stimulus" program or, of course, ObamaCare.

Stunning.

Apparently, CNN believes the country has been on autopilot for the last five years, with policy decisions by the White House having no effect, for good or for ill.

We don't want the mainstream media educating or informing the public, because to do so would be to admit the many failures of the Obama presidency.
WOW

New York, NY

#964517 Aug 15, 2013
If OBAMA WAS BLACK LIKE HERMAN CAINE AND HE HAD A SON THAT LOOKED LIKE TRAYVON, WHEN HENRY LOUIS GATES THE PROFESSOR WAS RACIALLY PROFILED IN HIS COMMUNITY BY A COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER HE WOULD NOT HAVE LAUGHED IT OFF and HAVE A BEER MAYBE THE ISSUE WOULD HAVE BEEn TAKEN SERIOUSLY BUT HE WANT TO KEEP HIS SUBURBAN LIBERAL MASTER CALM so he had a BEER AND A LAUGH AND NO TRAYVON IS DEAD BECAUSE OBAMA HAD NOTHING IN COMMON WITH THE COMMUNITY THAT TRAYVON CAME FROM. obama

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#964518 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>so the only dead Americans that count are the ones that die while Obama is in office.

that's very patriotic. also a good way to ignore Bush's war.
It can not be called "Bush's war" because Liberals in Congress approved and authorized him to go to war!

Yes, your own Liberals in Congress!!! Want the names?

But Libya was "Obama's war" because he never asked Congress for approval.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964519 Aug 15, 2013
Forstarters, we don't want the media to talk about the stimulous.

Thank GOD that CNN did not examine the major economic decisions by this administration and their impact on the job market.

"Stimulus": The Obama administration spent nearly $1 trillion on "economic stimulus" that would "save or create" 3.5 million jobs.

Did it? "The inability to measure Mr. Obama's jobs formula is part of its attraction," wrote William McGurn in The Wall Street Journal. "Never mind that no one -- not the Labor Department, not the Treasury, not the Bureau of Labor Statistics -- actually measures 'jobs saved.'"

But some things CAN be measured. To keep pace with the number of new people entering the job market, the economy must produce 150,000 new jobs every month. In July, the economy produced 162,000 jobs.

To date, in the four years since the end of the recession, Obama's economy has produced 4,657,000 jobs -- an average of just 97,020 per month.

The percentage of civilians 16 years and older working or actively looking for work recently reached a 34-year low. Down from 65.7 when President Barack Obama took office, it is 63.4 today. Would-be workers are simply giving up, frustrated, no longer looking.

Team Obama said that without stimulus, unemployment, which was then 7 percent, could reach as high as 8 percent. Well, Congress did pass stimulus -- and unemployment rose to 10.2 percent in the first year of Obama's presidency.

Thank you CNN.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964520 Aug 15, 2013
WOW wrote:
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you like a black conservative?
i've always wondered...how much does FOX pay you guys?
Im AN AMERICAN NOT CONTROLLED BY YOUR RACISTS posts and attempt to intimedate anyone that doest suck on the TItS OF BIGOTS LIKE YOU your brand of EVIL THAT SEEMS TO BE IN vogue with BIGOTS FROM BOTH SIDES trying to DESTROY AMERICANS WHO CHOOSE FREEDOM OVER RACE AND POLITICS SEEK THE TRUTH NOT FROM BIGOTS LIKE YOU BUT TRUELY EDUCATED PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE CHOICE of WHERE TO LIVE WHO TO ASSOCIATE WITH I DONT CARE ABOUT POLLS I CHOOSE not to force anyone to LIKE ME or have ME AS A BLACK FRIEND I DEAL WITH WHO I CHOOSE AND IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DEAL WITH ME FINE thats YOUR CHOICE THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU ARE RACISTS IF BLACKS SO WANT THEy CAN MOVE TO MONTANA AND BE FRIENDS WITH WHITE PEOPLE SINCE THAT IS THEIR MEANS OF VALIDATION and their GOAL IN LIFE MAGIC JOHNSON SEEMS TO HAVE MANY WHITE FRIENDS even FARRAKHAN HAS MANY WHITE FRIENDS SO DOES SHARPTON THEY DONT SEEm TO HAVE A PROBLEM HAVING WHITE FRIENDS OBAMA HAS MORE WHITE FRIENDS THAN BLACK FRIENDS FROM HIS CHILDHOOD
i heard you yelling the first time.

i try not to get into any kind of prolonged back and forth with folks who seem to need medication.

maybe you haven't heard that there's this deficit sucking program called Medicare Part D that will give you medicine that I payed for. if i were you i'd be all over it. you have my taxpayer blessings.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#964521 Aug 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama said in 2008 in front of a black church that he was born "as a result of two people falling in love and marching across a bridge in Selma, Alabama"...
"So they got together and Barack Obama, Jr. was born. So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama.”(Senator Barack Obama, Remarks At Brown Chapel AME Church, Selma, AL, 3/4/07)
Earlier in the day at a prayer breakfast, he said: "If it hadn't been for Selma, I wouldn’t be here.”(“Clinton, Obama Link Selma March To Present,” The Washington Post, 3/5/07)
The march in Selma was in 1965. He was born in 1961, 4 years earlier.
Barack Obama, Sr., abandoned Obama when he was a baby. His mother had already married Lolo Soetoro when the march took place in Selma. Obama was 4 years old.
It would have been a good story if it were true.
Seems Obama's confused about other things in his own past as well.
Like Hillary got confused about her trip to Sarajevo and her hunting trip with Dick Cheney.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964522 Aug 15, 2013
THANK YOU CNN FOR NOT TALKING ABOUT HOW OBAMA'S TAX HIKES HURT THE ECONOMY AND KEEP UNEMPLOYMENT S HIGH!

In addition to increasing the top marginal income TAX rate from 35 to 39.6 percent on the so-called rich, new or increased TAXes have been imposed on Medicare -- a 0.9 percent rate increase on wages and a new 3.8 percent TAX on investment income for those earning $200,000 or more.

Current and upcoming ObamaCare-related TAXes include:

the so-called "Cadillac" excise TAX on high-cost health insurance plans;

TAX penalties for not purchasing insurance;

additional TAXes and fees on medical device manufacturers, drug companies and health insurers;

a 10 percent TAX on indoor tanning services;

a 50 percent reduction in allowable flexible spending account (FSA) contributions;

and an increase in the threshold required to deduct medical expenses as an itemized deduction.

The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco released a report two months ago attributing the "drag" on the economy to new TAX hikes. "Surprisingly," said the report, "despite all the attention federal spending cuts and sequestration have received, our calculations suggest they are not the main contributors to this projected drag.

The excess fiscal drag on the horizon comes almost entirely from rising TAXes."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964523 Aug 15, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
Some would say that this is ANOTHER illustration of media bias, but I say it is brilliant and this is how we control the masses.
The headline at CNN Money was, "Why America's Youth Aren't Finding Jobs."
I thank GOD that no where in that analysis of how and why President Barack Obama's policies hurt the job market for the young, think again.
Believe it or not, CNN wrote a piece, supposedly explaining the tight job market, without using the following words: Obama, Obama administration, taxes, regulations, "stimulus" program or, of course, ObamaCare.
Stunning.
Apparently, CNN believes the country has been on autopilot for the last five years, with policy decisions by the White House having no effect, for good or for ill.
We don't want the mainstream media educating or informing the public, because to do so would be to admit the many failures of the Obama presidency.
failures?

like creating more jobs than Bush did?
WOW

New York, NY

#964524 Aug 15, 2013
Intolerance inverted: Is rodeo clown satire now banned under Obama,Over the weekend, at the Missouri State Fair, a now-unemployed rodeo clown climbed into the bull pit wearing a rubber Barack Obama mask. Yes, these are clearly crazy times, and it is safe to say that more than one buffoon has been shot dead for less.

But first, what exactly is a rodeo clown? Rodeo clowns, also known as bullfighters, are athletes employed to protect riders who get tossed from bulls during rodeo competitions. In other words, it’s incredibly dangerous work since most bulls have one goal, and that’s to gore the nearest person to death with their massive horns.

Rodeo clowns, when not running for the lives of others, also provide an increasingly rare art form, known in less-stressed circles today as comic relief. And if there is any place on earth that needs some comic relief, it’s the United States.

So now this particular rodeo clown, who is trying to raise a family by distracting agitated bulls, has lost his job for mimicking Barack Obama at a state fair. Admittedly, the bullfighter’s employment outlook took a kick in the pants when the announcer asked the predominantly white crowd if “anybody wanted to see Obama get run over by a bull.”

But it seems like a fair question since – surprise, surprise - it really wasn’t President Obama behind the rubber mask. Apparently such things need tediously explained in these days of virtual reality. Furthermore, 99 percent of Americans recently got “run over” in the parking lot of Obama’s too-big-to-fail-banker’s ball. In these days of intense fear and loathing, is not the little guy entitled to gently mock Caesar – regardless of his or her skin color – without fear of being smacked down by the establishment with unemployment? Apparently not.

Even the president of the Missouri Rodeo Cowboy Association, Mark Ficken, was compelled to hang up his spurs as the political outcry over the two-minute clowning act piled up higher than horse manure in Missouri, all but comparing the performance to a criminal act.

Here is Lacy Clay, Democrat from Missouri, who practically makes the rodeo incident look like a Klu Klux Klan rally:“I am amazed that in 2013, such hatred, intolerance and disrespect towards the President of the United States could take place at the Missouri State Fair. Our fair is supposed to showcase the best of Missouri. Instead, it showed an ugly face of intolerance and ignorance to the world.”

AMERICANS ARE JUST BIGOTS BLACK WHITE PURPLE BLUE RACISM AND BIGOTRY ARE WHAT MAKES US ALL AMERICAN HYPOCRITES
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964525 Aug 15, 2013
REVEALED: Fox News Bumped Sean Hannity For Pro-Homosexual Megyn Kelly

“By effectively joining the ‘gay’ activists’ crusade, major media outlets – and even ‘conservative’ Fox News — have contributed greatly to the growing pro-homosexual political correctness in U.S. culture.”

“Some leading Fox News’ hosts, such as Bill O’Reilly, Shepard Smith and Megyn Kelly, have emerged as on-air, pro-LGBT advocates – seemingly defying Fox’s core audience demographic of staunch Republican conservatives.”

“One wonders how much of Fox’s liberal ‘message drift’ stems from it’s staff simply losing touch with churchgoing Americans and that old-fashioned, Bible-believing morality that once was the backbone of conservatism.”

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
WOW

New York, NY

#964526 Aug 15, 2013
SONICFILTH IS A BIGOT AND A RACISTS LIBERAL KKK DEMOCRAT Satirizing presidents has a long tradition in America,” Kurt Nimmo wrote in infowars.com .“From cartoons and caricatures early on to Chevy Chase and Dana Carvey more recently poking fun at Gerald Ford and George W. Bush, presidents, presidential candidates and the establishment political class at large has constituted fair game for newspaper editorialists, commentators, and comedians – until now.”

Peter Roff, commenting in US News & World Report, argued that the art of political satire, where it is acceptable to laugh at our imperfect leaders, has fallen by the wayside under Obama.“From Mark Twain to Will Rodgers, from Fred Allen to Mort Sahl, Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, humorists, clowns and comedians have made taking shots at politicians their bread and butter,” Roff writes.“Until Barack Obama, that is.”

This high level of political sensitivity from increasingly diversified camps in the United States is a worrisome trend, and may eventually prove not only the futility of democracy inside of multicultural societies, it may lead to the political irrelevancy of the Democrats and Republicans – unless they can muster the courage to not only laugh at themselves, but allow others to laugh at them as well. Laughter is nothing more than the freedom of expression, and should not be treated as anything more or less. It’s a travesty that so many Americans need to be reminded of such a thing.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964527 Aug 15, 2013
Some say the mainstream media is biased because all they care about is having a half black president. I say, what about the white half also being protected.

The media doesn't write about how the Obama administration's policies keep unemployment high with its newly imposed numerous burdensome and jo-killing regulations.

According to The Wall Street Journal: "Pages in the Code of Federal Regulations hit an all-time high of 174,545 in 2012....

The cost of federal rules exceeded $1.8 trillion, roughly equal to the GDP of Canada.

These costs are EMBEDDED IN NEARLY EVERYTHING Americans buy ... at $14,768 per household, meaning that red tape is now the second largest item in the typical family budget after housing.

"Last year, 4,062 regulations were at various stages of implementation inside the Beltway.

The government completed work on 1,172, an increase of 16 percent over the 1,010 that the feds imposed in 2011, which was a 40 percent increase over 722 in 2010....

The Obama administration did not break the all-time record of 81,405 pages it set in 2010.

But the 78,961 pages it churned out in 2012 mean that the President has posted three of the four greatest paperwork years on record."

AND WHO SAID ALL HE DID WAS PLAY GOLF!!!
WOW

New York, NY

#964528 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i heard you yelling the first time.
i try not to get into any kind of prolonged back and forth with folks who seem to need medication.
maybe you haven't heard that there's this deficit sucking program called Medicare Part D that will give you medicine that I payed for. if i were you i'd be all over it. you have my taxpayer blessings.
SONICFILTH IS A BIGOT AND A RACISTS LIBERAL KKK DEMOCRAT Satirizing presidents has a long tradition in America,” Kurt Nimmo wrote in infowars.com .“From cartoons and caricatures early on to Chevy Chase and Dana Carvey more recently poking fun at Gerald Ford and George W. Bush, presidents, presidential candidates and the establishment political class at large has constituted fair game for newspaper editorialists, commentators, and comedians – until now.”

Peter Roff, commenting in US News & World Report, argued that the art of political satire, where it is acceptable to laugh at our imperfect leaders, has fallen by the wayside under Obama.“From Mark Twain to Will Rodgers, from Fred Allen to Mort Sahl, Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, humorists, clowns and comedians have made taking shots at politicians their bread and butter,” Roff writes.“Until Barack Obama, that is.”

This high level of political sensitivity from increasingly diversified camps in the United States is a worrisome trend, and may eventually prove not only the futility of democracy inside of multicultural societies, it may lead to the political irrelevancy of the Democrats and Republicans – unless they can muster the courage to not only laugh at themselves, but allow others to laugh at them as well. Laughter is nothing more than the freedom of expression, and should not be treated as anything more or less. It’s a travesty that so many Americans need to be reminded of such a thing.
WOW

New York, NY

#964529 Aug 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
REVEALED: Fox News Bumped Sean Hannity For Pro-Homosexual Megyn Kelly
“By effectively joining the ‘gay’ activists’ crusade, major media outlets – and even ‘conservative’ Fox News — have contributed greatly to the growing pro-homosexual political correctness in U.S. culture.”
“Some leading Fox News’ hosts, such as Bill O’Reilly, Shepard Smith and Megyn Kelly, have emerged as on-air, pro-LGBT advocates – seemingly defying Fox’s core audience demographic of staunch Republican conservatives.”
“One wonders how much of Fox’s liberal ‘message drift’ stems from it’s staff simply losing touch with churchgoing Americans and that old-fashioned, Bible-believing morality that once was the backbone of conservatism.”
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
YOU ARE A DUNCE and a FRAUD BIGOT YOU QUOTE A FOX NEWS ACTION TO SUPPORT YOUR OPIONION WHAT AN AHOLE POS ENGINE FRAUD MF JUST LIKE A N****R

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964530 Aug 15, 2013
If you're born on the 4th day of any month, you should know your birthday isn't a week away on the 15th of the previous month.

For example, say your birthday is on October 5 and, on September 14, you say it's a week away.

Who wouldn't know their birthday couldn't possibly be one week away?

So what else might this president be "confused" about when it comes to his own life?

Too much confusion and misstatements for it to be coincidence.

It's almost like he keeps reinventing himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 225,500
Word (Dec '08) 18 min PEllen 6,743
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min PEllen 9,523
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 20 min PEllen 2,060
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 24 min PEllen 3,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 31 min They cannot kill ... 1,660
Snapchat 1 hr Graysonscd1 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr CrunchyBacon 103,618

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages