Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#964014 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbwaiter uses the Limbaugh excuse about never seeing the video but, like Limbaugh, is an expert on what happened.
I saw a photo of the rodeo clown with the mask in a news story.
I've been to a hundred rodeos.
It doesn't take a lot to fill in the blanks, dufus.
NOT ALL NUTS LOCK UP

Smithfield, NC

#964015 Aug 14, 2013
No Restroom for the Virtuous

By Larry Thornberry on 8.14.13 @ 6:09AM

Governor Moonbeam makes sexual fluidity official in planet California.

We lost Pluto as a planet some years back. I can’t remember the nit astronomers picked with the large frozen rock named after Mickey’s dog when they voted it off the planetary island. But we still have nine planets if we count California, which we should.

Silliness knows no bounds on the left coast. There is no idea crack-pot enough not to be championed, even made law, in the nation’s most progressive and politically unhinged state. There apparently is no utter nonsense immune system in Sacramento. The latest evidence for this being a bill signed into law Monday by Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown which declares that California school children are whatever sex they think they are, not necessarily the sex their anatomy assigns them to.

So henceforth and hereafter, if a government school student in California has a penis and testicles, he is not necessarily, as the entire human race has comfortably assumed for centuries, male. He is whatever he (or she) thinks she (or he) is, on any given day. The new expression for this sexual fluidity is “expressed gender.” If this sounds a lot like being able to say you are something that you aren’t, that’s because that’s just what this means.

Government school children in California may now use whichever restroom they choose and may go out for any boys or girls school athletic team they wish. This legislation was brought about for the care and comfort of what are called transgendered students, whether the transgendering has been surgical or just in the student’s mind. This fits neatly with the Gospel According to the Left, which holds that sex of the old-fashioned anatomical kind is of no account, that men and women and boys and girls are interchangeable, and there are all manner of niche sexes out there, combinations and permutations to be discovered, appreciated, and catered to. California may be the first state in the nation forced to outlaw personal pronouns, there being too many possibilities for the human mind to grapple with in its progressive precincts.

This surreal legislation, no one should be surprised, was written by a Democrat, one Assemblyman Tom Ammiano of — big surprise coming here – San Francisco.(If California is a planet, San Francisco is its brightest and gaudiest ring.) Ammiano, who is gay, insists his legislation will make school life easier for transgendered students. He has so far, however, had little to say about the chaos this will cause the overwhelmingly larger group of students who are comfortable with the sex assigned to them at birth. Carlos Alcala, a spokesman for Ammiano, gave the following world-class understatement to the San Jose Mercury News:“Clearly, there are some parents who are not going to like it.” Ya think? Probably a student or two as well.

Alcala added,“We are hopeful school districts will work with them (parents, presumably) so students aren’t put in an uncomfortable position.” California school and state legislative officials are indeed working on this difficult mission. My sources in Sacramento tell me that restrooms in California schools and state buildings will soon carry the following designations: Men, Women, Whatever, Work in Progress, No Preference, I Feel Very Strongly Both Ways, Not Applicable, Ecumenical, and Who Am I to Say?

This is insane stuff, of course. Just one more indication of decadence in a culture growing more dysfunctional by the day. But folks in less febrile regions shouldn’t laugh too hard at California’s expense, though the temptation to do so is almost irresistible. California, as well as being its own planet, is also a leading cultural indicator. What starts in California eventually metastasizes to flyover America. Sadly, what happens in California does not stay in California. Would that it did.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#964016 Aug 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Now just slow down a second there Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, I'm just the president of the movement, that title doesn't carry a lot of power. If you people were to see fit to elect me President of Texas, I'd probably grant some of them citizenship and make them taxpayers, the rest I'd deport to the U.S.
Please forgive my oversight.
As president of the movement, what is the plank in your platform concerning what to do with the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas? What will the leaders to whom you give your endorsement do about the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas?
Do you recommend the leaders of Texas push the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas out of the state?
Do you recommend the leaders of Texas recommend the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas go to Chicago?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#964018 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor Daley did not resign.
I guess that makes you a dumbass.
He called it quits, he voluntarily left his position as mayor-he chose not to run again even though he would most definitely won. To me that is resigning.
NOT ALL NUTS LOCK UP

Smithfield, NC

#964019 Aug 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a photo of the rodeo clown with the mask in a news story.
THIS RODEO CLOWN
MADE A POINT THAT WE HAVE A BUNCH OF CLOWNS RUNNING THE USA RIGHT NOW!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964020 Aug 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>bushie boy was happy he got no mulligans in August 2001 at his ranch.
I wonder how many he got in September?
Finished mopping. Even did a load of laundry.

How 'bout Obama missing that putt on the 9th hole when John Kerry is giving a speech about Egypt imploding in front of our eyes?

Obama did his job. He won. The real power does the real work now...or damage...whichever way you look at it.

Must be nice being the president without having to do the work besides reading teleprompters and rambling memorized talking points in press conferences. And someone putting powder in your hair to make it look like the job is aging you occasionally.

Funny his hair is gray sometimes and not other times, isn't it?

http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2011/01/16...

Nothing is left to chance. Staging is everything.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#964021 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i looked.
O'Reilly and Morris Attack MSNBC and Media Matters for Lying, While Lying About New Black Panters Case
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/o...
I'm just going to do some quick copy and past from the results page

Re: media matters caught lying about Glen Beck - Google Groups

Media Matters caught lying about Anita Dunn, White House ...

Media Matters lies: Hawaii has not authenticated the certificate ...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#964022 Aug 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please forgive my oversight.
As president of the movement, what is the plank in your platform concerning what to do with the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas? What will the leaders to whom you give your endorsement do about the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas?
Do you recommend the leaders of Texas push the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas out of the state?
Do you recommend the leaders of Texas recommend the probable 10 million illegal Mexicans in Texas go to Chicago?
Look booby, my sole focus is the secession of Texas from the U.S. After that we will deal with these issues as a sovereign nation.

Maybe we'll take a look at how the Obama administration has been doing as he is deporting them a lot faster than Bush ever did.

What do you have against Mexicans anyhows?

A lot of them work harder that your average acne face covered Anglo-Saxon teenager so maybe we keep the Mexicans and start deporting lazy people.

"With this rock I can knock that squirrel off that dead long faster than you can say 'Kennebunkport'" - Homer

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#964023 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
School.
i.e, kindergarten.
Dumbass.
You're still wrong.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#964024 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still wrong.
I thought parents needed to bring their child's birth certificate when enrolling them in kindergarten, is this not correct?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#964025 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
School as in elementary school, dumbsss
Ask the President, lots can be done with no birth certificate.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964026 Aug 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>bushie boy was happy he got no mulligans in August 2001 at his ranch.
I wonder how many he got in September?
Terrible optics.

Obama on the golf course at Martha's Vineyard...
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/up...

While Morsi supporters murder local youths in Alexandria by tossing them off the roof...
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/up...

Golf comes first. The world can wait until Jarrett tells him what to do after his vacation is over.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#964027 Aug 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sister Sarah to Gabby Giffords... here's my target on your head for all cons to see.
Sorry Libtard but the one who used the word target was LIBTARDS like you, idiot!

Here is the Democrstic target map you Libtards used with bullseye:

http://vocalminority.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f8...

See? You Libtards are ALWAYS wrong, ALWAYS!
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964028 Aug 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And what have they done about CRA since the financial debacle son?
And where's the industry today?
BTW, I still haven't seen your source that CRA has been changed or repealed to get it off 'steroids.' Just your idiotic claims.
Your so called 'source' versus reality... I'll take reality. Regardless of what you claim without thinking.
The industry today is....hmmmm...according to the Washington Post, the Obama administration is pushing big banks to make more home loans available to Americans with bad credit – the same kind of government guidance that helped blow up the housing market:

In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default.

Housing officials are urging the Justice Department to provide assurances to banks, which have become increasingly cautious, that they will not face legal or financial recriminations if they make loans to riskier borrowers who meet government standards but later default.

Think about this statement. The administration is asking banks – banks that Washington bails out; banks that Washington crafts regulations for — to embrace risky policies that put the institution and its investors (not to mention, all of us) in a precarious position. So precarious, in fact, that banks have to ask government if they can be freed of any legal or financial consequences.

Not that they have much choice. Since the housing crash, Washington, as the Post points out,“has shaped most of the housing market, insuring between 80 percent and 90 percent of all new loans.”

And I have no doubt that demanding banks make more loans available to folks with bad credit is a political winner. Why wouldn't this be a good policy? Think about it, somehow Obama can blame Bush for all of this, as he usually does.

And by the time it all comes crashing down again, Obama will be on a book tour. It's a win-win for Democrats.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#964029 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://militaryfamily.k12.hi.us/seminar/depar...
Making Eman look stupid gets easier every day.
Dumbass dave thinks that illegals who bring their kids with them are being denied a public education. That's against the law, dumbass dave.

<you know what I mean, leo>
LCNlin

United States

#964030 Aug 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
States can effectively manage the needs of their own citizens better than the federal government micromanaging all of us.
Each state has different needs and priorities.
Each state could oversee waste and fraud more efficiently than the federal government.
David Axelrod: Obama can't possibly keep up with all the wrongdoing going on under his nose because the federal government has become so vast.
Is that like Homer looking down and not being able to see his toes?
Doubt if voters will buy the states right stuff!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#964031 Aug 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I thought parents needed to bring their child's birth certificate when enrolling them in kindergarten, is this not correct?
You really think they will turn away a child who's parents does not bring a birth cert? That's against the law. Use your brain, Homey. Surely you haven't forgotten how.

United States

#964032 Aug 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama is wincing because he missed a putt on the 9th hole where the rich and famous go to relax while America is watching visuals of Egypt falling apart and a potential of a war that would change the landscape significantly.

I know. He's entitled to play golf while the rest of the world implodes and his Secretary of State has to do his job for him.

At least he could have gotten a photo op on the phone pretending to be involved in the crisis.
Obama caused the Egypt civil war!

If Bush would had spoke at Cairo followed by a civil war he would had being blamed by Libtards for Iraq's civil war, oh never mind he was!!!

United States

#964033 Aug 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a photo of the rodeo clown with the mask in a news story.
Limbaugh predicted Obamacare will create job losses!

Guess what?

He was right, not because he is Rush Limbaugh but because he is a Conservative, and Conservatives are ALWAYS right!
LCNlin

United States

#964034 Aug 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Thank goodness John Kerry is picking up the pieces of former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton's, incompetency and failures to accomplish anything in a very good and convincing speech he just delivered about the violence in Egypt. Something this president should have done. But Obama couldn't criticize republicans in a speech criticizing the Muslim Brotherhood. Obama couldn't bring himself to criticize the Muslim Brotherhood. Oh well.
President Clinton, if elected in 2016, running against the Trump-Palin ticket, will give you eight more years too post states right propaganda ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Guru 187,368
abby 4-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 2
Amy 4-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 1
Ask Amy 4-25-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 4
Dear Abby 4-25-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,707
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Hey now 52,864
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]